PDA

View Full Version : Costume Design Contest

Izalude
04-15-2006, 01:36 AM
Having watched "Record of the Lodoss War" while I was marooned at my apartment, I saw Deedlet, and just loved her costume. I want that same costume for my Bardess (with a rather dubious past) that I inherited.

I'll post a few pictures of what she's wearing, and what I'm hoping for.

The winning design will receive a note for 1m.

Izalude
04-15-2006, 06:50 PM
Here's a really good site with alot more pictures.

http://www.northarc.com/images/lodoss/

Izalude
04-18-2006, 01:52 AM
I'm going to set the deadline for 7pm Eastern Time on Friday. (I want to try to get this outfit altered at the anfelt.)

I've got 2 outstanding entries so far, so keep 'em coming, and thanks in advance for helping me out!

StrayRogue
04-18-2006, 09:08 AM
You given up on WoW, Iz?

Jolena
04-18-2006, 09:14 AM
He plays them both, I believe.

Izalude
04-18-2006, 01:34 PM
I got really sick back in November, and wasn't able to play because I'd get dizzy to the point at which I'd nearly pass out. Only within the last month or so have I been able to get back into WoW, and even then I can only play for a few hours at a time before I start getting dizzy again. MS SUCKS!

Not only that, but the core players of Hyjal Protectorate have either moved on to other guilds/servers or cancelled their accounts entirely. I have a strange rotating shift for a work schedule now too, so I won't really be able to join a raiding guild and show up to raids at any frequency... So my characters on Argent Dawn are shelved for now.

However, I do have a 30 priest that I've been playing on a PvP server with 4 of my old Gemstone friends, so... that's what I've been doing with what little WoW time I have. I do that on my days off.

Izalude
04-20-2006, 04:59 PM
Just a reminder, the design contest ends around this time tomorrow. Get those submissions into my U2U box before then! I'll post the winning designs, once I've made a decision.

Here's your chance for a bit of extra spending money before the Anfelt!

Izalude
04-21-2006, 07:55 PM
And the winner is...

Charna! Congratulations. Thank you all for your designs, they were fantastic, and it was very hard for me to choose a winner.

Here was the winning design:

A molded dark blue veniom breastplate ~ Molded to fit the curves of the feminine body, the veniom breastplate is dyed a deep royal blue that is flecked with lighter silvery streaks. Golden whorls edge the back, neck and armholes of the piece and create uniquely dipped design at the scooped neckline. Thin bands of golden inlay arc away from the armholes towards the center of the chest only to spiral inward as they cup the bust line.

Some gold-edged dark blue veniom paudrons ~ Forged of sturdy veniom, the pauldrons cup the shoulder and flare dramatically outward by more then a handspan. Gold overlay hugs the edges of the pauldrons to give them a refined finish, while a pair of golden suede straps, two in the front and one in the back, binds the pieces together with matching hued buckles.
A royal blue silk cape lined with burnt umber
OR
An umber-lined royal blue silk cape cinched at the shoulders with flared pauldrons

A high-collared warm green liene ~ Long and graceful, the simple liene is fashioned of warm green linen that reaches to mid-thigh. Form fitting, the fabric across the chest is cut into a sideways half-diamond that is bound in place by an ornate golden fabric toggle. The same golden hue is used in the piping that adorns the armholes, lapel and high collar, while the lower hem is left free flowing.

A teardrop-cut dragonfire ruby dangling from a golden brow-chain

Some gold-edged dark blue veniom bracers set with dragonfire rubies

A pair of slouched suede calf-boots dyed light beige

A slender umber belt fitted with a golden buckle

Some dark blue elbow-length gloves piped with gold

Some rawhide-cinched natural linen armwraps

A gold filigree royal blue scabbard dangling from golden chains

---------------------------------------

I am however, using elements of every design submitted. Here is what I chose ultimately:

a thin gold circlet centered on a small square-cut emerald

an umber-lined royal blue silk cape cinched at the shoulders with flared pauldrons

a molded dark blue veniom breastplate ~ Molded to fit the curves of the feminine body, the veniom breastplate is dyed a deep royal blue that is flecked with lighter silvery streaks. Golden whorls edge the back, neck and armholes of the piece and create uniquely dipped design at the scooped neckline. Thin bands of golden inlay arc away from the armholes towards the center of the chest only to spiral inward as they cup the bust line.
(Changing veniom to vultite because it'd never fly!)

a high-collared warm green liene ~ Long and graceful, the simple liene is fashioned of warm green linen that reaches to mid-thigh. Form fitting, the fabric across the chest is cut into a sideways half-diamond that is bound in place by an ornate golden fabric toggle. The same golden hue is used in the piping that adorns the armholes, lapel and high collar, while the lower hem is left free flowing.

a trailing violet silk waist-sash: Translucent violet silk gauze has been folded over onto itself to form an ethereal sash long enough to be tied about the waist and still trail nearly to the ground. Points of gold wink from the folds of the sash, betraying the presence of the metallic threads that hold the garment together.

a gold filigree royal blue scabbard dangling from golden chains

a pair of gold-trimmed royal blue arm-wraps ending in sharp points at the elbow

some sleek dark blue vultite bracers - The gleaming vultite of these sleek bracers is a transparent, liquid blue with natural silver veins that glimmer when touched by the light. Small spiraling ravines etched into the surface of the metal have been inlaid with pure gold, and a small filigreed clasp is fastened at the wrist to ensure a snug fit.

some slender royal blue silk knee-boots edged in gold cording