PDA

View Full Version : Respect my authorit-ay!

Stunseed
04-01-2006, 03:14 AM
I>
The Guard Captain just went up a wooden staircase.
I>
[Shimmarglin Inn, Tavern]
Three shallow steps lead down into a broad depression in the central hall of the inn. Dominated by a cluster of circular tables and high-backed chairs, the tavern room is alive with the omnipresent sounds of murmuring voices, clanking tankards, and creaking furniture. The sweet odors of honey mead and berry wine mingle in the air. Toward the rear of the vast hall, a highly polished wooden staircase ascends to the second floor. You also see the red Keyvon disk and a polished counter.
Obvious exits: north
I>
[Shimmarglin Inn, Landing]
Illuminated by twin glass orbs, a hanging tapestry covers one wall of the second floor landing. A detailed nightscape sits forever frozen within its expertly woven fibers. A dimly lit hallway heads off in opposite directions. You also see the Guard Captain and a polished wooden staircase.
Obvious exits: east, west
I>
Your disk arrives, following you dutifully.
I>
You say, "Interesting to see you guarding the Hall of private suites."
I>
You are visible again.
>
You glance at the Guard Captain.
>
Standing tall and proud, the Guard Captain stalks about with a self-righteous look upon his face. He stares down his nose at everyone, and spares a particulary suspicious glare at any non-elf that he sees. He appears to be quite the formidable foe.
>
You are now speaking Elven.
>
Your tone is now sarcastic.
>
Speaking sarcastically in Elven, you say, "Plenty of crime going on behind locked doors."
>
You nod to the Guard Captain.
>
With great ease, the Guard Captain grabs you and shackles your wrists.

"Aha, rapscallion! I have you!" the Guard Captain cries out.
The Guard Captain then drags you off.

Arriving at the Hall of Justice, the Guard Captain gestures to a nearby guardsman who strips you of your possessions and tosses them into a box. The Guard Captain then drags you over to a metal grate that he quickly opens and throws you through. "Enjoy your stay until the judge is ready to talk to you!" he snickers softly.

With a dull thud the grate drops back into place, leaving you trapped.

In the distance you hear the Guard Captain say, "There are clothes on the floor if you want them, but I expect them to be returned. You have two weeks time to clear out of here and collect your belongings. After two weeks I like to clean out the clutter in my office."

[Hall of Justice, Oubliette]
Silence. Loneliness. Despair. Here you are lost, with no clear idea of when you will be found. The oubliette is a round, featureless room, with no visible entryway or exit, save for a tiny grating some thirty or more feet above you. Water drips down steadily from the metal grate, causing a faint rhythmic tapping noise to penetrate the ever present silence. You also see a pair of drab grey pants and a shabby buckskin tunic.
Obvious exits: none
You feel drained!
P>
You laugh out loud!