PDA

View Full Version : i need advice on placing points for stats

archpain
03-31-2006, 10:05 PM
iam abit confused on how to place my points for my stats. ive been on afew sites where they say to beef up the points on stats that inprove xp capacity and absorbtion, because of the slow growth rate over time in those areas, while neglecting stats like strength and Constitution because of the growth rate of those stats over time are much better. then i see on ther sites where they say otherwise. plz i need some advice i hate to start a char and find out later that he is gimped in later stages of the game

mgoddess
03-31-2006, 10:07 PM
Depends on what you plan on doing with your warrior. Are you planning on playing him all the way to cap, or just till (s)he's 40-50? Do you want to be gimped in lower trains to have max stats at cap? Do you want more TP's now, or later?

Latrinsorm
03-31-2006, 10:47 PM
If you can't decide between placing stats for growth or placing stats for early TPs, just flip a coin. It doesn't really make that much difference either way.

FinisWolf
04-01-2006, 01:48 AM
Placing stats for cap is a great idea, just realize that you will never get as many points as if you had placed for max tp's.

Don't tank your TD stats, thats a big mistake that alot of warriors make, and it's not a good idea at all.

Finis

Apathy
04-01-2006, 06:46 AM
Bro, if you can't figure out how to place stats for a warrior you're better off not even worrying about stats in the first place.

Latrinsorm
04-01-2006, 11:45 AM
Placing stats for cap is a great idea, just realize that you will never get as many points as if you had placed for max tp's.This is not necessarily the case, as stats have an impact on the ease/speed of hunting and experience absorption (which obviously leads to more exp absorbed per unit time and more TPs post-cap). Logically speaking a person who started out with less TPs but higher stats at cap could catch up to the person with more TPs and lower stats. The person with more TPs will have more skills, but by cap any warrior has enough TPs to get a maxxed combat build, really. The time it would take is not really something a player can calculate, but it's certainly less than infinity.

FinisWolf
04-01-2006, 07:46 PM
Not alot less then infinity.

I have not done the math, but I am guessing maybe around train 150 (equivelent) they might finally match up. Just a guess, but it sure won't be anywhere close at 100.

Someone could do the math, to get a rough idea.

Finis

Stanley Burrell
04-01-2006, 08:37 PM
iam abit confused on how to place my points for my stats. ive been on afew sites where they say to beef up the points on stats that inprove xp capacity and absorbtion, because of the slow growth rate over time in those areas, while neglecting stats like strength and Constitution because of the growth rate of those stats over time are much better. then i see on ther sites where they say otherwise. plz i need some advice i hate to start a char and find out later that he is gimped in later stages of the game

You could put your logic and discipline at 85-95ish (75-85ish since you're rolling a warrior) which will max at around 20-30ish.

Depending on the race of your warrior, discipline and logic may or may not already have a nice bonus attached to them (i.e. Giantkin have a very decent discipline bonus) and can therefor go ahead and gamble your stats as being a tad bit lower than 80. Being a warrior during the "early" trains is pretty clockwork, hunting-wise, as is.

Stanley Burrell.