PDA

View Full Version : Term limits

ElanthianSiren
03-28-2006, 10:45 AM
I know it came up in another thread (just can't seem to find it), but I read this and found it slightly pertinent to our discussion/debate about why there should or should not be term limits. It seems Nebraska is willing to be our ginuea pig (as are California and a few other states).

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060328/ap_on_re_us/nebraska_term_limits

In short, Nebraska's losing a bunch of its legislature because they can't jockey from house to senate in that state's construction. I personally think term limits are a good thing and agree with the opinions stated near the end of the article. Discuss at leisure.

-M

Gan
03-28-2006, 11:03 AM
Term limits are an outstanding thing.

The concept might need close monitoring in cases of unicameral legislature, the disasterous claims made by the politicians are quite funny.

I dont agree with the ability to jump between houses, and I'm kinda sorta ok with the ability to return after sitting out one term. This allows the voters to decide if the politician was a 'fat cat' or if they were a legitamate benefit to the state.

This topic was touched briefly in a backlash thread on Bush (Impeachment). And numerous others.

Skirmisher
03-28-2006, 11:08 AM
... I'm kinda sorta ok with the ability to return after sitting out one term. This allows the voters to decide if the politician was a 'fat cat' or if they were a legitamate benefit to the state.
I tend to agree with this.

ElanthianSiren
03-28-2006, 11:14 AM
I tend to agree with this.

All in agreement...what's the world coming to?

-M