PDA

View Full Version : Thalior's Staff - Who has it!

Kitsun
03-24-2006, 12:26 AM
Anyone know who currently owns Thalior's Staff?

Anyone have an old saved post about the full abilities?

bubbauno
03-24-2006, 12:30 AM
I sold it to Ardwen.. And I posted it on these boards a long time ago.

Kitsun
03-24-2006, 12:31 AM
Yeah, I remember you had it. Didn't recall who you sold it to. Busted search function doesn't help.

HarmNone
03-24-2006, 12:37 AM
If I remember correctly the staff was an altered shield and could hold up to four spells...any spell from any profession. I think it was shaped like a snake.

Drew
03-24-2006, 02:00 AM
If I remember correctly the staff was an altered shield and could hold up to four spells...any spell from any profession. I think it was shaped like a snake.

It got nerfed, now it can hold spells from something like the 100s, 400s, 700s and 900s. I don't know the exact circles but it cant hold any spell anymore.

StrayRogue
03-24-2006, 02:20 AM
I think Ciston got it nerfed after spamming the lands with millions of Heroism rechargeables. It might have been Ardwen's box that allowed them to make so many. Hehe.

Here's the stats:
a staff twisted in the shape of a serpent with a demonic visage and capped with a dark diamond
Thalior's imbed staff/shield
6x shield
Accepts spells under 20th level in spell circles 1,4,5,7,9.
Converts the spell into a rune which lets anyone invoke it.
Holds 4 spells at a time and easy to switch spells.

>prep 507
You recite a series of mystical phrases while raising your hands, invoking Elemental Deflection...
Your spell is ready.
>cast staf
You gesture at a staff twisted in the shape of a serpent with a demonic visage and capped with a dark diamond.
With crackling sparks, your spell is converted into a rune which is now slowly beginning to appear on the twisted staff's surface.

>l at staf
The surface of the staff is divided in four sections. The one on top is marked with a small half moon. The space above it contains a rune that you can identify as the Elemental Deflection spell.

>read staf
You bring the staff closer to attempt to read it.

You raise the twisted staff and gesture to invoke the Elemental Deflection spell.
Sparks begin to fly between the twisted staff and your fingers. With a sudden burst of enthusiasm, the sparks jump into your hand and a charged feeling surrounds you.
>cast
You gesture.
You are surrounded by a shimmering field of energy.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

>turn staff
You turn the staff in your hands, causing a different section of the staff to face upwards. This section is marked with a small half moon. The space above it is blank.

Drew
03-24-2006, 03:26 AM
What I never knew was, could you invoke the spell an infinite amount of times?

Ardwen
03-24-2006, 04:41 AM
No you couldnt, and I no longer own it. I'll let the current owner post if they care to let people know they own it.

Ardwen

Drew
03-24-2006, 04:46 AM
No you couldnt, and I no longer own it. I'll let the current owner post if they care to let people know they own it.

Ardwen

Well how many times could you invoke the rune?

bubbauno
03-24-2006, 04:50 AM
Once.. one cast one invoke

Drew
03-24-2006, 05:27 AM
Oh, that's not as nearly as uber as I was thinking.

Kitsun
03-24-2006, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the info!

Wanted to see if I could buy the sucker but doesn't look like that is happening.

HarmNone
03-24-2006, 10:31 AM
Ish. I wasn't aware they'd nerfed the staff. That's kinda sad. :(

Ardwen
03-24-2006, 05:47 PM
why does only invoking it once per matter, the right group of people can and did basically make 15-30m a day for a number of years with the staff and the imbed orb. That is make 15-30 from nothing, basic input invested was usually under 500k.

Ardwen

Drew
03-25-2006, 04:47 AM
why does only invoking it once per matter, the right group of people can and did basically make 15-30m a day for a number of years with the staff and the imbed orb. That is make 15-30 from nothing, basic input invested was usually under 500k.

Ardwen

You could do that, but I would have no interest in that personally. Too much work and then the merchanting that goes with it, I'd have to kill myself. On the other hand if you could invoke the rune unlimited times it'd be like knowing 4 spells you couldn't know otherwise and that would be awesome.

StrayRogue
03-25-2006, 11:47 AM
Creating those items didn't take much time at all. Selling them again wouldn't be much of a problem especially when someone who wants ANY rechargeable can come up to you and pay for it upfront.

Kitsun
03-25-2006, 12:06 PM
So you own the staff now, Stray?

Drew
03-25-2006, 02:25 PM
Creating those items didn't take much time at all. Selling them again wouldn't be much of a problem especially when someone who wants ANY rechargeable can come up to you and pay for it upfront.

I'm not arguing the point, just that I wouldn't really like dealing with that. Laziness ftw.