PDA

View Full Version : help

Yasmyef
03-22-2006, 04:01 PM
this is my level 16 warrior, i was just curious what i can do (if anything) to improve upon his skills and stas, any and all pointers wuld be useful

Name: Yasmyef Race: Elf Profession: Warrior (Post name shown as: Swordsman)
Level: 16 Gender: Male Age: 138

Stats: Normal (Bonus) ... Enhanced (Bonus)
Strength (STR): 95 (22) ... 95 (22)
Constitution (CON): 94 (22) ... 88 (19)
Dexterity (DEX): 95 (27) ... 95 (27)
Agility (AGL): 95 (37) ... 95 (37)
Discipline (DIS): 74 (-3) ... 74 (-3)
Aura (AUR): 75 (17) ... 75 (17)
Logic (LOG): 53 (1) ... 53 (1)
Intuition (INT): 48 (-1) ... 48 (-1)
Wisdom (WIS): 55 (2) ... 55 (2)
Influence (INF): 36 (3) ... 36 (3)

Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Two Weapon Combat..................| 132 36
Armor Use..........................| 136 38
Combat Maneuvers...................| 96 22
Edged Weapons......................| 132 36
Multi Opponent Combat..............| 128 34
Physical Fitness...................| 145 45
Dodging............................| 82 18
Arcane Symbols.....................| 10 2
Magic Item Use.....................| 70 15
Harness Power......................| 5 1
Survival...........................| 62 13
Perception.........................| 10 2
Climbing...........................| 54 11
Swimming...........................| 5 1

thanks for the help

Latrinsorm
03-22-2006, 04:19 PM
1) Always 2x in CM. Always. Get the points from dropping PF to 2x and losing some ancillary skills. Maneuvering is basically the only way to go. This would be more pressing if you were level 36 or something, as it's not that hard to just wail away on stuff near your level.
2) Your elf is ridonkulously fast. I'd recommend using two base 5 weapons as a matter of course. Once you get a ton of mstrike swings, it might be better to go to a quicker set for those 6-swing flurries.

mgoddess
03-22-2006, 05:04 PM
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Two Weapon Combat..................| 132 36
Armor Use..........................| 136 38
Combat Maneuvers...................| 96 22
Edged Weapons......................| 132 36
Multi Opponent Combat..............| 128 34
Physical Fitness...................| 145 45
Dodging............................| 82 18
Arcane Symbols.....................| 10 2
Magic Item Use.....................| 70 15
Harness Power......................| 5 1
Survival...........................| 62 13
Perception.........................| 10 2
Climbing...........................| 54 11
Swimming...........................| 5 1

Drop PF down to 2x, up Dodging to 2x, drop MIU or Survival (can pick them up later), get CMan up to 2x (for the record, my warrioress only 1x's in CMan's, she's 41, and she does just fine). With any spare points you get, you'll want to get your climbing and swimming up to between 15 and 20 (that's all you'll need until much later in the game), pick (back) up either MIU or Arcane Symbols (I'm a fan of Arcane Symbols over MIU due to currently hunting in the Broken Lands, where Arcane Symbols are needed just to get there), and perhaps some Survival (good for Icemule weather and other such things).

Since you're a nice, fast elf, go with two light longswords or handaxes (4-5lb-ers). I find the difference between longswords and handaxes comes down to weither I'm hunting living critters or undead ones (longswords can puncture while handaxes can't...and most undead are immune to punctures). If you want to try out some 4lb handaxes, give me a holler and I'll let you try mine out.

While I'm not a fan of it myself (I absolutely adore my chain hauberk, and due to my warrioress' RP, she probably won't be getting into full plate at any point in time), you'll probably want to get into MBP (80 ranks of Armor Use) as soon as possible. If this means dropping off ancillary skills (MIU, Arcane Symbols, Survival), do it. The better armor you have, the easier you'll have a time at living from critter strikes (plus, the CvA on MBP kicks ass, until you can get into full plate at 140 armor use ranks).

And yes, on the MoC. I absolutely LOVE TWC plus MOC (plus being an elf). Hitting 2 critter's twice each at 6 seconds (when my normal strike is 5 seconds) kicks so much ass. 3 critters in 9 seconds, 4 critters in 12, etc. (unencumbered). It's an excellent way to go...plus you get the benefit of having Force-on-Force on your side, depending on the size of any swarms you get in (84 ranks of MOC here, can take on swarms of 5 critters with very little DS pushdown).