PDA

View Full Version : New Warrior

Kaah
03-17-2006, 12:18 PM
:bananahit:

Ok made me an elven warrior, I plan on using my 4x flaring bastard sword from open don't wanna hide. do I need ambush to hit my aimed spot when in the open or is it all Cman? here he is as of now at train 6.

xxxxxx (at level 6), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use........................| 82 18
Combat Maneuvers...............| 58 12
Two-Handed Weapons......... | 74 16
Ambush...........................| 58 12
Physical Fitness.................| 58 12
Dodging..........................| 58 12
Perception.......................| 58 12
Climbing...........................|30 6
Swimming...........................| 30 6

Normal (Bonus) ... Enhanced (Bonus)
Strength (STR): 83 (16) ... 83 (16)
Constitution (CON): 81 (15) ... 81 (15)
Dexterity (DEX): 83 (21) ... 83 (21)
Agility (AGI): 83 (31) ... 83 (31)
Discipline (DIS): 81 (0) ... 81 (0)
Aura (AUR): 72 (16) ... 72 (16)
Logic (LOG): 61 (5) ... 61 (5)
Intuition (INT): 62 (6) ... 62 (6)
Wisdom (WIS): 52 (1) ... 52 (1)
Influence (INF): 26 (-2) ... 26 (-2)

Latrinsorm
03-17-2006, 12:40 PM
do I need ambush to hit my aimed spot when in the open or is it all Cman?Aiming from the open takes ambush and CM into account. Aiming a larger weapon like a bastardsword successfully will require some ambush for awhile, but doubling isn't really necessary. I'd take the TPs from that and probably get a little MoC, but it's a solid plan anyway.

When training, remember that there's a 0 level. This means that to be fully 3xed or 2xed you have to do 2*(level+1) or 3*(level+1).

Kaah
03-17-2006, 03:04 PM
how much RT will moc add to a swing? and I know I have heard that all you need is 5 in it do I want to just 1x in it or no?

I thought being 2x means that you just times your lvl by two so what your saying is that at 6 2x would be 13?
and 3x whould be 19?

Also how do my stats look?

Latrinsorm
03-17-2006, 03:12 PM
M-strike RTs won't be too bad until you get past 3 swings or get really encumbered. It's also good to have a little so you don't get demolished by Force-on-Force. I wouldn't go past 35 ranks in your situation, and there's not a huge rush to get there.

Stats are fine. I usually prefer keeping the physicals lower so I can get higher stats at 100, but you're getting a few more TPs along the way. It's not like there's one right plan.

mgoddess
03-17-2006, 03:17 PM
I thought being 2x means that you just times your lvl by two so what your saying is that at 6 2x would be 13?
and 3x whould be 19?

Used to be that way...now that there is a level 0, it's not. If you're level 6, 2x'ing in a skill would put you at 14 ranks (2*(6+1)) and 3x would be 21 (3*(6+1)). The only time this forumla doesn't work is with spells and Harness power (With spells you can only use the spells up to your level...so level 6, you can only use up to the 6th rank in any spell circle you have access to. With Harness Power you get 3 mana per rank up to your level (3 mana per rank up to the 6th rank, for level 6), every rank past that garners you 1 mana per.).

Hope that made sense!

Kaah
03-19-2006, 10:02 AM
:club:
Okay, 8 sec RT is not what I want. I was wondering do I have to put (Ambush neck) to hit for the neck or just put (Aim neck) and If it is like that do I need to train in Ambush? How do Redux work(meaning what do I need to train in to give me the best Redux)?
also why do I need to train in MOC? Thanks

Latrinsorm
03-19-2006, 05:29 PM
You shouldn't be at 8 seconds of RT unless you're wearing armor you aren't trained for or are rather encumbered.

To hit the neck you can either put "aim neck" then "ambush <creature>" or "ambush <creature> neck". I prefer the second one. You won't *need* ambush if you have enough CM ranks and aim for easy areas, but you're not going to have enough CM ranks for awhile with a big weapon like a bastardsword. I'd say grab 20 ranks in Ambush and leave it at that.

Nobody knows how to get the best redux, but 3xing PF is a good start. Generally speaking you can get 60% redux without even trying too hard by the mid-levels, and 60% redux is pretty good.

You don't *need* to train in MoC, but it is useful. It offers two benefits for warriors: multistrike ability and Force-on-Force penalty reduction. Mstrike has two versions: focused (mstrike <creature>) and open (mstrike), both with escalating RT (probably) based on weapon base and theoretical RT. This means you probably won't want to be taking any more than 3 swings with a bastardsword, as you're far too vulnerable afterwards. Obviously you can only have an integer number of swings in mstrike, so the ranks between swings are intrinsicly worthless. Force-on-Force DS penalties occur when more than one creature attacks you in a given time window. MoC training increases the number of creatures who have to attack in the given window and offers partial reduction when in between the integer number of opponents. Thus, every rank of MoC counts towards FoF reduction.

It's sorta tough for warriors to take on swarms (compared to [most] pures, especially towards the later levels) and DS isn't a huge thing for us anyway, so it's not like you'll ever need MoC. It sure is handy in the right spots though.

Kaah
03-21-2006, 01:30 AM
Could I just get like 20 ranks in MoC also, or do I need to 1x in it?
I don't really plan on using it I would just like to have it for the FoF.
Also I have a 8 sec RT when ambushing and 10 when MOC
Armor Use..........................| 111 27
and I am wearing "some light leather"
should I not be wearing that or what?

Edited to say that I didn't see that you said not to go past 35 ranks heh thanks

Latrinsorm
03-21-2006, 10:28 AM
You should at least be wearing leather breastplate with 27 ranks. It doesn't really matter though, because you'll be getting into sturdier armor soon. At 40 ranks go to chain shirt, at 60 get some augmented chain, and at 80 get a decent set of metal breastplate. You'll be in MBP for a good while even if you triple all the way to 140.

With your AGI/DEX bonuses you get 3 seconds of RT reduction, bastardswords are base 6, and ambush is +3, 6+3-3 should equal 6, so you are fairly encumbered. Type "encumb" in game to find out just how much.