PDA

View Full Version : 9/11 Movie: Flight 93

Latrinsorm
03-15-2006, 04:48 PM
Saw a trailer for this today.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0475276/
http://www.flight93.net/
http://www.flight93project.com/

From the third website, "Made with the full support of the families of those on board".

What concerns me is that I can't find where the money's going. Have other people heard/seen anything?

Sean of the Thread
03-15-2006, 05:14 PM
Why would you care where the money is going?

Wezas
03-15-2006, 05:25 PM
He wants to make sure God gets his cut.

Back
03-15-2006, 05:32 PM
And here is the kicker...

Vivendi Universal, parent company of Universal, is based in France.

Sean of the Thread
03-15-2006, 05:50 PM
Who gives a shit?

peam
03-15-2006, 06:34 PM
It won't come close to Snakes On A Plane.

p.s. - Xyelin, drop the shitty, no-purpose snipes at Backlash. I understand you two schoolboys have some sort of disagreement. Take it to a private line of communication.

Artha
03-15-2006, 06:46 PM
Truer words have never been spoken.

# Samuel L. Jackson only signed on for this film because the title was "Snakes on a Plane (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0417148/)". When the film makers tried to change it to "Flight 121", Jackson was adamant to keep it "Snakes on a Plane (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0417148/)".

Sean of the Thread
03-15-2006, 08:00 PM

p.s. - Xyelin, drop the shitty, no-purpose snipes at Backlash. I understand you two schoolboys have some sort of disagreement. Take it to a private line of communication.

It's complety on topic and a valid question and both were directed to Latrinsorm and Backlash. For the last fucking time you I have no disagreement with fucking Backlash. Peam go back to playing peanut butter popsicle with your puppy and come back when you have something useful to contribute.

MY two questions remain.

1)Why would care who is making money off a movie Latrinsorm.

2)Why is the "kicker" that Vivendi is based in France?

W T F??

Back
03-15-2006, 08:06 PM
Its irony. When France was against going into Iraq, along with Germany and a few other heavy hitters, certain "patriotic" people wanted to start a boycott of French products. Vivendi Universal, a French company, owns Universal Pictures which made this movie. So, these patriotic people are in something of a bind now, if you take them seriously.

Sean of the Thread
03-15-2006, 08:12 PM
Its irony. When France was against going into Iraq, along with Germany and a few other heavy hitters, certain "patriotic" people wanted to start a boycott of French products. Vivendi Universal, a French company, owns Universal Pictures which made this movie. So, these patriotic people are in something of a bind now, if you take them seriously.

Ah well now your comment makes sense. However I don't think many people actually boycotted French products en masse. It was more of a pissed of knee jerk reaction that any person is capable of making. Kind of like the fruit actors and artists who spout out ignorant things at events or your odd forum poster that says something stupid like Bush is the worse president ever.

Hulkein
03-15-2006, 08:15 PM
This the one that was on A&E or Bravo or whatever it was?

Back
03-15-2006, 08:48 PM
Ah well now your comment makes sense. However I don't think many people actually boycotted French products en masse. It was more of a pissed of knee jerk reaction that any person is capable of making. Kind of like the fruit actors and artists who spout out ignorant things at events or your odd forum poster that says something stupid like Bush is the worse president ever.

Any person may have a knee-jerk reaction to anything. But one Republican Senator was so against the French he called for renaming French Fries to Freedom Fries. And Bill O'Riely claimed to actually have an impact on the French economy with his crazy ass bullshit boycott.

Meanwhile, the Germans were against the war as well as the Russians. Two entities at war with each other at one point in time actually agreeing. But they did not get singled out, only the French who patriotic Americans for some reason have to keep stepping on. Oh no, not the Germans who were the real protagonists of WWII, the French who we helped. Thats some fucked up bullshit no matter how you look at it.

As far as this movie goes, its a movie, not a documentary. I really wonder how deep they dug for facts.

Sean of the Thread
03-15-2006, 10:31 PM
Any person may have a knee-jerk reaction to anything. But one Republican Senator was so against the French he called for renaming French Fries to Freedom Fries. And Bill O'Riely claimed to actually have an impact on the French economy with his crazy ass bullshit boycott.

Meanwhile, the Germans were against the war as well as the Russians. Two entities at war with each other at one point in time actually agreeing. But they did not get singled out, only the French who patriotic Americans for some reason have to keep stepping on. Oh no, not the Germans who were the real protagonists of WWII, the French who we helped. Thats some fucked up bullshit no matter how you look at it.

As far as this movie goes, its a movie, not a documentary. I really wonder how deep they dug for facts.

That's my point.. its a movie. Thus the who gives a shit. Don't start the republican said this and that shit because for every instance of a "conservative" quote there are probally two from the more outspoken idiots on the other side. Hell if we used this board as an example there are almost 10-1 of the outspoken idiots on the other side. (not a scientific sample mind you.. variation +/- 1)

Of course the Germans and French were against the war... they WANT the world economy to collapse and be based on Euros.

>>Two entities at war with each other at one point in time actually agreeing.<< You mean like U.S. and the U.K.? France was also at war with the arabs at one point.. your analogy is idiotic.

You can't pull the past political alignments as they are completely irrelevant.

Latrinsorm
03-15-2006, 10:34 PM
Why would care who is making money off a movieMy guess is that people making money off of 9/11 would make me extremely angry. If they just want to tell the story and are gonna give all the money they make to Tuesday's Children or something, then I'll be fine with that.

Bobmuhthol
03-15-2006, 10:40 PM
Having also seen the trailer in theaters, my initial, verbal reaction was:

"That's fucking sick."

I'm not looking forward to this movie being produced ever.

Back
03-15-2006, 10:47 PM
You can't pull the past political alignments as they are completely irrelevant.

That makes you very irrelevant. Fuck the UN and the Geneva Convention? We made great progress after WWII and you tell me because I respect that that I am an idiot?

Fuck you twice, bitch.

Sean of the Thread
03-16-2006, 07:06 AM
That makes you very irrelevant. Fuck the UN and the Geneva Convention? We made great progress after WWII and you tell me because I respect that that I am an idiot?

Fuck you twice, bitch.

I've amended it to the following.

"You can't pull the past political alignments as they are completely irrelevant in your example."

Sean of the Thread
03-16-2006, 07:12 AM
My guess is that people making money off of 9/11 would make me extremely angry. If they just want to tell the story and are gonna give all the money they make to Tuesday's Children or something, then I'll be fine with that.

Does that include people making money by rebuilding the towers? Selling memorial T-shirts? Writing patriotic songs and releasing them on their albums? A&E having commercials during their Flight 93 special?

Let's set 9/11 aside in this discussion for a moment.. there have been countless other terrible events that people have profitted on by making movies and such over the years. Did you just now realize you don't approve of it?

Because something is related to a tradgedy should it automatically become not for profit?

Stanley Burrell
03-16-2006, 08:04 AM
Having been somewhat close to Ground Zero in action (and remembering the immediate "French Offensive" whilst observing tanks rolling down Sedgewick):

Fuck this shit.

Stanley Burrell.

Asha
03-16-2006, 08:39 AM
Even the trailer had me feeling uneasy.
I know I won't be watching the movie.

Unless Mickey Rourke plays the president of the USA and leads a squadron of fighters in attack on the terrorists somehow.

Sean of the Thread
03-16-2006, 08:54 AM
Unless Mickey Rourke plays the president of the USA and leads a squadron of fighters in attack on the terrorists somehow.

Hehehheh

Latrinsorm
03-16-2006, 12:18 PM
Does that include people making money by rebuilding the towers? Selling memorial T-shirts? Writing patriotic songs and releasing them on their albums? A&E having commercials during their Flight 93 special?Somebody *has* to rebuild. A&E *always* has commercials. People have been writing patriotic American songs for hundreds of years, so people in general writing patriotic songs doesn't bug me. If they were doing it specifically to exploit 9/11, then that would bug me. Memorial t-shirts I would keep an eye on.
Did you just now realize you don't approve of it?No, I just now saw a trailer for this movie in particular which is going to be released soon, hence I brought it up.
Because something is related to a tradgedy should it automatically become not for profit?Not so much related to as specifically designed to exploit. If you're going out of your way to take advantage of a tragedy, you deserve $0 for your actions. If, on the other hand, all they (the filmmakers and so on in question) want to do is to promote the story of Flight 93 in general, then logically they would want to donate any and all net money received to a relevant charitable organization.

Sean of the Thread
03-16-2006, 12:39 PM
So I guess you're anti capitalism now? Are you becoming a nazi?

Latrinsorm
03-16-2006, 01:16 PM
Capitalism has always succumbed to morality. That's why things like slave labor aren't ok.

Ebondale
03-16-2006, 01:22 PM
The Terra artwork by Amano was better, Latrinsorm. ;)

Jenisi
03-16-2006, 01:41 PM
Just my opinion, but I believe that plane would have been shot down regardless of what the passengers on board did or would have done. They knew were that plane was going and they weren’t taking any chances. An engine from that plane was found over a mile away from the crash. HRMMM. - Angela - The conspiracy theorist

Sean
03-16-2006, 01:43 PM
Somebody *has* to rebuild.

False

Jorddyn
03-16-2006, 01:44 PM
Just my opinion, but I believe that plane would have been shot down regardless of what the passengers on board did or would have done. They knew were that plane was going and they weren’t taking any chances. An engine from that plane was found over a mile away from the crash. HRMMM. - Angela - The conspiracy theorist

This is where I really wish I'd pay more attention in college.

If plane X is flying Y mph at a height of Z....

something something 9.8 m/s^2

I dunno. Someone else figure it out.

Jorddyn

Ebondale
03-16-2006, 01:48 PM
The CIA was conducting exercises on September 11th to simulate "a terrorist hijacking of commercial aircraft to fly them into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon".

NORAD had the oportunity to intercept the aircraft that were going to strike tower 1 and tower 2 but they were ordered to stand down.

Jorddyn
03-16-2006, 01:58 PM
This is where I really wish I'd pay more attention in college.

If plane X is flying Y mph at a height of Z....

something something 9.8 m/s^2

I dunno. Someone else figure it out.

Jorddyn

Using incredibly crude math, and random assumptions (plane going 500mph, 30k feet in the air)...

It will take around 43 seconds for something dropped from that height to hit the ground. In those 43 seconds, it will travel forward almost 6 miles assuming no wind resistance.

I would figure that the wind resistance on the bulk of the plane would be much, much higher than that on just the engine, so it travelling 1/6 less distance isn't shocking to me.

Jorddyn

WhiteTrash
03-16-2006, 02:30 PM
NORAD had the oportunity to intercept the aircraft that were going to strike tower 1 and tower 2 but they were ordered to stand down.

First time in their history they were ordere to stand down

Jorddyn
03-16-2006, 02:36 PM
The CIA was conducting exercises on September 11th to simulate "a terrorist hijacking of commercial aircraft to fly them into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon".

Do you have a link to this? It'd be an interesting read.

Jorddyn

Hulkein
03-16-2006, 03:27 PM
An engine from that plane was found over a mile away from the crash. HRMMM. - Angela - The conspiracy theorist

Well, it did hit the ground at a much higher speed than most flight accidents. Wasn't it moving at like 500 mph at impact?

But you're right, I think they would've shot it down no matter what, but that doesn't change or diminish how courageous the passengers and crew were.

Ebondale
03-16-2006, 08:51 PM
Do you have a link to this? It'd be an interesting read.

Jorddyn

There have been quite a few documentaries done on the subject with sources quoted. I'd begin by looking into some of the work done by Alex Jones (Infowars.com).

Sean of the Thread
03-16-2006, 10:43 PM
There have been quite a few documentaries done on the subject with sources quoted. I'd begin by looking into some of the work done by Alex Jones (Infowars.com).

I'd begin.. personally .. by looking at SOURCES YOU PROVIDE in this thread to back up your claims.

Ebondale
03-16-2006, 11:01 PM
I'd begin.. personally .. by looking at SOURCES YOU PROVIDE in this thread to back up your claims.

I've seen it for myself, Xyelin. I don't feel like doing anyone's research for them. People need to find their own answers.

Daniel
03-16-2006, 11:11 PM
Lol. Way to argue the loser way.

"I know, therefore you should take great effort to know what I know. Or be stupid.

TheEschaton
03-17-2006, 02:39 AM
Wasn't there some sort of hullabaloo about the "Let's Roll" saying? That it was just a PR gimmick made up by The Administration?

Keep in mind, my ear isn't to the ground....hell, it ain't anywhere near. If this conspiracy theory was shot down years ago, or confirmed, my apologies.

-TheE-

Sean of the Thread
03-17-2006, 08:26 AM
Wasn't there some sort of hullabaloo about the "Let's Roll" saying? That it was just a PR gimmick made up by The Administration?

Keep in mind, my ear isn't to the ground....hell, it ain't anywhere near. If this conspiracy theory was shot down years ago, or confirmed, my apologies.

-TheE-
That was just a libby conspiracy theory that was blasted out of the water like cheney blasts quail.

The main hullabaloo was that FSU football program was going to use it for inspiration and in honor of Todd/flight93 but the libby media had an ignorant shit fit (looking imo for attention) much like latrinsorm did in this thread.

"Keith Olberman of ABC radio went on the rampage during his daily radio segment Tuesday and attacked Bowden's choice of slogans. He also implied that FSU would make money off the phrase by selling T-shirts and mugs to "drunken fans". Of course that is not at all the case. He later backed off that statement only to further attack the program, call Bobby Bowden's players "stupid kids" and noted that continued use of the phrase is in effect "spitting on everyone that was lost in the September 11th attack."

Ebondale
03-17-2006, 12:55 PM
Lol. Way to argue the loser way.

"I know, therefore you should take great effort to know what I know. Or be stupid.

It must be so comfortable to live in the dark, Daniel.

Daniel
03-17-2006, 01:42 PM
I don't live in the dark. I'll just refer you to several authors who agree with my point of view. I won't provide you with their names, the titles of their papers\articles\ books or even a link to where you can find information. If you *Really* want to know the truth you will search these things out because I'm obviously much smarter than you.

Why you ask?

Because I said so, and since I'm me its obviously right.

Ebondale
03-17-2006, 03:09 PM
If you weren't busy being a complete tool you could simply google the words "norad stand down" and find a multitude of links about the subject.

http://standdown.net/
http://911research.wtc7.net/planes/analysis/norad/index.html
http://www.prisonplanet.com/911/norad.htm
http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/911stand.html
http://www.oilempire.us/standdown.html
http://www.mycountryrightorwrong.net/NORAD911StandDownMath.htm
http://www.willthomas.net/911/911_Stand_Down.htm

Do I really need to go on?

Remove head from ass.

Sean of the Thread
03-17-2006, 03:11 PM
If you weren't busy being a complete tool you could simply google the words "norad stand down" and find a multitude of links about the subject.

http://standdown.net/
http://911research.wtc7.net/planes/analysis/norad/index.html
http://www.prisonplanet.com/911/norad.htm
http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/911stand.html
http://www.oilempire.us/standdown.html
http://www.mycountryrightorwrong.net/NORAD911StandDownMath.htm
http://www.willthomas.net/911/911_Stand_Down.htm

Do I really need to go on?

Remove head from ass.

That isn't the point.. the point is you stated something to support your stance and didn't provide a source. BAD FORM MUTHA FUCKER!!.1.

Now after looking at your sources no wonder you don't have a leg to stand on. Those are some serious far libby conspiracy smeer sites.

Ebondale
03-17-2006, 03:16 PM
Funny how people are so quick to shout 'liberal conspiracy' as soon as something is shown that threatens their conservative safety bubble media spoon-fed mentality.

Sean of the Thread
03-17-2006, 03:17 PM
Funny how people are so quick to shout 'liberal conspiracy' as soon as something is shown that threatens their conservative safety bubble media spoon-fed mentality.

First of all I'm not "conservative" and second of all what did you expect when you list those garbage sites as reference.

AHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA AT media spoon-fed mentality..... THAT FUCKING SUMS UP LIBERALS!... stupid fucking liberal media. You guys need a nice dose of fair and balanced....

Ebondale
03-17-2006, 03:20 PM
I just linked the first few sites that were found by a quick google search, Xyelin. Its not like I had to go out and find some kind of conspiracy theory site to link.

Sean of the Thread
03-17-2006, 03:26 PM
Its not like I had to go out and find some kind of conspiracy theory site to link.

You mean other than those 7 conspiracy liberal wackjob sites?

StrayRogue
03-17-2006, 04:12 PM
LOL Xyelin, you're as conservative as they come.
And yeah, "safety bubble media spoon-fed mentality" pretty much accurately sums up the American media.

Back
03-17-2006, 04:16 PM
LOL Xyelin, you're as conservative as they come.
And yeah, "safety bubble media spoon-fed mentality" pretty much accurately sums up the American media.

I think that sums up BBC as well as other major global news corporations. Of course there are exceptions all over the world and thats what makes the internet such a great resource. We don't have to be spoon-fed any more.

I was reading something that said after they recovered the black box they came to the conclusion the passengers didn't actually get into the cabin. Another interesting thing about the flight recorder... the government refused to release the airplane's flight data, speed, altitude, etc. in the last 30 minutes until the crash.

Sean
03-17-2006, 04:20 PM
What a shocker another strayrogue post with an anti-america jab. I mean seriously what were the odds?

Anyway, I don't get why people take X's posts seriously when a majority of the time they are obviously meant to just be antagonistic rather than his real POV...

Daniel
03-17-2006, 05:00 PM

How about this: Post a synopsis of what you actually believe to be the relevant information while linking to credible sites that I can verify the information from. Saying you listed the first seven google hits, doesn't exactly make me want to take your argument at face value. Especially since, as Xylein said most of them are far left libby conspiracy sites. I'm not conversative nor am I spoon fed media, as I A) don't watch Tv and B) don't take information from any American news site except for quick major headlines.

In fact, as a part of some research I'm doing right now I spend about 3 hours a day reading middle eastern media outlets.

but feel free to assume wtf you want. It makes you look smarter.

StrayRogue
03-17-2006, 05:12 PM
So Tijay, you seriously think that the American media is unbiased, uncontrolling, and not Pro-American?

Okay...

Ebondale
03-17-2006, 05:29 PM
A credible news site? What, like FOX News? MSNBC? CNN?

How about this: I leave you with this audio link to NORAD's official statement about the morning of 9/11.

http://www.loosechange911.com/download/democracynow_NORAD.mp3

The following is a documentary about 9/11:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8260059923762628848&q=loose+change

Did you know that George Bush's brother had the security contract on the World Trade Center and that security contract expired on September 10th, 2001?

Daniel
03-17-2006, 05:35 PM
>A credible news site? What, like FOX News? MSNBC? CNN?

I wouldn't know. As I said, I don't read media sources period. I don't watch them either as thats kinda hard to do without a TV.

>http://www.loosechange911.com/downlo...ynow_NORAD.mp3

Why is there lame cabana music playing in the background?

Next.

>http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...q=loose+change

Doesn't work.

Next.

>Did you know that George Bush's brother had the security contract on the World Trade Center and that security contract expired on September 10th, 2001?

Source?

I Thought we just went over this.

Daniel
03-17-2006, 05:36 PM
So Tijay, you seriously think that the American media is unbiased, uncontrolling, and not Pro-American?

Okay...

At least our reporters can smile without scaring little children.

Sean of the Thread
03-17-2006, 06:27 PM

Okay...

I think it mostly liberal crap.

Hulkein
03-18-2006, 04:12 PM
Did you know that George Bush's brother had the security contract on the World Trade Center and that security contract expired on September 10th, 2001?

No, I didn't.

Have a SOURCE?????

Let me clarify... A source that isn't garbage like the other six sites you posted earlier in the thread.

DeV
03-19-2006, 04:44 PM
I heard the same thing Ebondale posted about a year ago. I believe Marvin Bush was on the board of directors for the security company.

Here's a link, http://www.commondreams.org/views03/0204-06.htm

Alot of people have attempted to spin even that fact into a conspiracy theory.