PDA

View Full Version : Done

AnticorRifling
03-13-2006, 05:26 PM
I logged in the other day and meh. I had zero desire to even begin to hunt, I don't care to learn the changes, and quite honestly I'm over the game. First person that says "I want" and I feel is worthy can have Anticor. I've got a list of potentials that I want to give him too already in mind. I'm looking for someone that will keep him and not soil whatever rep he has.

Lvl 66 giantman warmage, I'm sure you can find his gear and training in the wizard folder but keys are 1x CM, 1x polearms, 2x spells. over 350 DS self spelled in offensive, AS close to the same with a 4x. 4x VHCP leather breastplate, 4x black ora pike, other stuff, alters, more stuff.

You get the account, change the CC info, change the password. Good game. Let's hear who wants it. I am prepared to say no alot, this has to go to someone I feel comfortable with.

mgoddess
03-13-2006, 05:29 PM
Good luck with it. I'd take, but I can't even afford the $15 charge to move a character over to my current account. :/

Latrinsorm
03-13-2006, 05:39 PM
I'm looking for someone that will keep him and not soil whatever rep he has.I'll be proud to continue the tradition of only advancing through enchanting for my super family and shamelessly merchant whoring at every opportunity.

p.s: But seriously I hope you find the little fella a good home.

Stunseed
03-13-2006, 05:47 PM
You know I'd look over him until the desire came back, bro.

Makkah
03-13-2006, 06:02 PM
I want all your good shit, etc.

allen
03-13-2006, 06:13 PM
Word up yo, give it to Makkah, son?

Askip
03-13-2006, 06:16 PM
Bah, another good one bites the dust, tsk.

Tis sad to see you go. I have no need for your character, but I would hold onto him for you if you like. Better yet, if you are not looking to sell him just have Simu archive him - who knows what the future may bring?

Safe travels and a fair wind to ya.

Askip

Medri
03-13-2006, 06:40 PM
Archive him, you never know when you'll be back. I gave my first EQ character away and 3 years later I wasn't happy when i couldn't get him back =/

Amber
03-13-2006, 07:07 PM
Another vote for archiving him here. Much better to do that and then be able to have him again than to lose him forever and then decide that you want him back.

Sean of the Thread
03-13-2006, 07:08 PM
Archive him.

AnticorRifling
03-13-2006, 07:16 PM
How do I archive just put the account on hold?

Drew
03-13-2006, 07:19 PM
How do I archive just put the account on hold?

Yep.

Krendeli
03-13-2006, 07:19 PM
Alright I'll ask, can I have the wizard? I've started a wizard thats in his mid 20's and would very much to skip the duldrums.

I currently have a wizard in his mid-20's and would love to skip the duldrums of middle age. Of course should you return, you'd be free to have him back for I would have a fall back.

firegirl
03-13-2006, 07:34 PM
Alright you do not know me at all, i do not think but..
Just put the account on hold. I think you can for six months without it being permanently deleted or such.
If worst goes I never play prime anymore and I got a active second account I use for lockers and such, I will store the character and when you are ready to come back, you can. I would never play nor log in and if you ever just want to check in on your character, i will give you access.

Drew
03-13-2006, 07:41 PM
Simutronics never deletes accounts. I got Chivy back after over five years gone.

Jolena
03-13-2006, 07:45 PM
Costs around 250 bucks to reactive a character that old though doesn't it? Or is that just for retired ones.

Latrinsorm
03-13-2006, 07:46 PM
From what I recall, the $250 pricetag is for recovering deleted characters.

Medri
03-13-2006, 07:53 PM
"This form is specifically for players who have lost their character due to permanent in-game death or rerolling. [...]

[...] 1. Restoral Fee Do you agree to a $50 deposit to start the investigation and an additional $200 fee to deliver the restored character? [...] "

Account FAQ --
" I used to have an account, but I canceled it a long time ago. Can I reopen it?
Absolutely! Click here to go to our account reactivation page! " (here being the account reactivation page, of which says --

"[...] For information on how long we keep characters active, please see the rules of conduct. Account names are saved in the database for a minimum of 365 days. [...]" rules of conduct is another link

War Angel
03-13-2006, 08:01 PM
There are still characters in my deleted list from 1997.
Haven't played em, and they stay there. It was suggested that you resubmit a character hold every six months to hold onto any character you want to stay on the account.
Just submit the hold. You don't want to find out 6 months from now things have changed and you have to start over again at level 0.
Besides that, no one will ever play your character the way you did/do.
Giving up your character to become another souless zombie running around vs. saving him for when you have a change of heart.
(We're Stoners, we are sick like that. :) )
It cost you nothing but 30 seconds to shoot an email to Simu.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
03-13-2006, 08:06 PM
yeah dude, archive.

mgoddess
03-13-2006, 08:13 PM
Putting the account on hold is a much better idea. My husband and I created two accounts five years ago for a free trial month, then didn't play for nearly four years. We came back, reactivated our accounts, and everything was just as it was five years ago. Much, much better idea then giving off the wizard to someone.

Hulkein
03-13-2006, 08:27 PM
I just cancel my account and years later re-activate and my characters are still there... Is that archiving?

Back
03-13-2006, 08:42 PM
Same here Hulk. I quit years ago but they still have all my old chars. I really should reactivate and sell them.

Makkah
03-13-2006, 08:46 PM
Yea. Archive. But still give me all your good shit for "safe-keeping."

Kembal
03-13-2006, 09:26 PM
Yeah, I canceled my account back in 2000 when I went off to college. Came back in '04 after graduation, and reactivated Kembal with no problem.

Shalla
03-13-2006, 11:41 PM
You know I'd look over him until the desire came back, bro.

Same here. Stunseed however is the best choice out of everybody.

Edit: Archiving is also good.

Daniel
03-14-2006, 01:49 AM
I'll take Edaarin off your hands.

TheRoseLady
03-14-2006, 06:25 AM
I took a break for a few years in '98 and with my wizard didn't give away a thing - archived her. My cleric, I gave away gear and such and when I returned I regretted it tremendously.

My vote is to archive.

Asha
03-14-2006, 06:35 AM
I'll look after the LBP.

Sean of the Thread
03-14-2006, 08:02 AM
SIMUTRONICS has all you suckers duped hard. You can just cancel your account and reactivate it anytime down the road. (providing they are still in business)

I think I've let some of my accounts idle for 3-5 years and all it takes is a CC# and a security question to get rolling in seconds.

100% Wool
03-14-2006, 09:00 AM
I wish he was a cleric -_- I already have a wizard
I'd hold onto him Ant (if he was a cleric I could use one of those right now )and give it back to you if you wanted him back

I think you should just put your account on hold. Gemstone is like crack we always come back someday. Think about it though, no hurt in putting him on hold

Daniel
03-14-2006, 09:09 AM
I have a lvl 77 cleric I don't need...

Hulkein
03-14-2006, 09:26 AM
SIMUTRONICS has all you suckers duped hard. You can just cancel your account and reactivate it anytime down the road. (providing they are still in business)

I think I've let some of my accounts idle for 3-5 years and all it takes is a CC# and a security question to get rolling in seconds.

For real... If archiving costs some sort of fee, you're getting ripped off. They don't delete characters on cancelled accounts.

Sean of the Thread
03-14-2006, 09:29 AM
For real... If archiving costs some sort of fee, you're getting ripped off. They don't delete characters on cancelled accounts.

I think that $250.00 fee was for them "recovering" (prolly from a DAT tape IF that) retired characters. However I think it was more likely just another source of fund raising.

Wezas
03-14-2006, 09:52 AM
From that one quote, the $250 fee was for deleted characters or ones that went demonic.

Also, I cancelled (not held) my account and reactivated it over the web about 14 months later.

It of course is again cancelled because I spent all of 30 minutes in the game.

Kitsun
03-14-2006, 11:12 AM
I'd take care of Anticor and company and dress him in kitty-tastic items! YAY!

Dwarven Empath
03-14-2006, 03:14 PM
Either archive him or transfer him to me

Hulkein
03-14-2006, 03:28 PM
From that one quote, the $250 fee was for deleted characters or ones that went demonic.

I could see Simu allowing people to pay for deleted characters, but those that went demonic, too?

They really did that for characters that went demonic? Pretty fucked up if they did.

DeV
03-14-2006, 03:31 PM
You never know when that urge to play again will return. It could be years from now. I have to chime in with the archive crowd or at least letting a trusted friend play him until you say when.

Some Rogue
03-14-2006, 04:02 PM
I could see Simu allowing people to pay for deleted characters, but those that went demonic, too?

They really did that for characters that went demonic? Pretty fucked up if they did.

The reason being, if the same rules in effect now (not being able to go demonic) where in effect then, the character never would have been lost.

Gan
03-14-2006, 04:06 PM
$15 bucks for retrieving a deleted character. I pulled one back up from the delete bin a few years back.

$250 for retrieving a character that went demonic. I remember when the note came out. Rumor had it that there were several folks of old old characters that were considering the fee to bring some back from the grave, but I never heard a followup from that. I'd definately consider it if the character were of a high enough level and had gear (value of) that far superceeded the cost of the resurrection fee. Simple math if you ask me.

Hulkein
03-14-2006, 05:30 PM
The reason being, if the same rules in effect now (not being able to go demonic) where in effect then, the character never would have been lost.

But they weren't, and everyone knew the consequences of not being raised if you didn't have any deeds.

Bullshit if you ask me.

crazymage
03-14-2006, 05:32 PM
i know someone who paid 250 to retrieve a char w/ all items, ended up about 4k

Augie
03-14-2006, 05:44 PM
Anticor, I have to agree with everyone saying to archive your character. However, before you do so, be sure to log in and type PIN and then copy down that information there.

Store that along with your account name, password, and security question so that way in the future you won't have any problems with getting the character back.

Sometimes characters can get corrupted in the archival process and the PIN will allow them to restore them.

FinisWolf
03-14-2006, 06:29 PM
Anticor, I wish you the best. May the sun always be at your side, and the wind to your back.

And I will cast my lot ... archive ol chap.

Best Wishes,

Finis

Shalla
03-14-2006, 06:48 PM
Register your good items too and cut and save a copy of everything and log it some where. Never know right?

Daniel
03-14-2006, 06:52 PM
Fuck it. Just give it all to me and never worry abou tif it'll be there.