PDA

View Full Version : Level 30 hunting

Siefer
03-13-2006, 11:10 AM
Having serious problems finding something to hunt at level 30. I've tried Teras, I've tried Illistim, tried Landing, tried Icemule, I'm all out of options. My best bet was hunting maw spores in Istim, but waiting on the shimmering fungus to spit them out is painfully slow.

Snapp
03-13-2006, 11:16 AM
My cleric is 31 and has been hunting rotting corpses since about 27ish. It works well for me.. but then I'm a smite cleric.

Siefer
03-13-2006, 11:33 AM
Bane here, 157 CS. Roa'ters will chew me up probably.

Necromancer
03-13-2006, 02:03 PM
Cyclops in Haven. Try them. Quite easy.

Siefer
03-13-2006, 02:19 PM
They're only 27 on Tsoran's maps.

The Ponzzz
03-13-2006, 02:38 PM
Hunter trolls? I been there since 26 with my wizard... I just skip over the tegu part. Might not be able to handle thetrolls well, but hawk-owls, and burgee have low TDs against 415/516...

EDIT TO ADD: If you are a heavy magic user and have spell aiming, 111 and wand hunting will do you some great good...

Siefer
03-13-2006, 02:48 PM
I've gone back to hunting hawk-owls. Hunter trolls just laugh off at my 302. Pretty pathetic actually. Don't have any spell aim.

mgoddess
03-13-2006, 03:44 PM
Couple areas around River's Rest might be good. The jungle hosts critters that are 22-30, hisskra's across the bay are 30-33 with water wyrds in the mix (they're 35).

Siefer
03-13-2006, 04:04 PM
I honestly have no idea how to get to RR. I tried getting there through kob village but that's been changed. How is the population down there? Will there be anyone to rescue me if I died over there? Do you know how much TD hisskra have?

The Ponzzz
03-13-2006, 05:03 PM
You go by the means of the Cutter in Solhaven. You ask the locksmith in Marshtown about ticket. Costs like 1000 silvers per level? I forget the cost actually. The boat arrives on glok's pier and there is an annoucement when it arrives.

You will either need water walking about about 14 ranks of climbing or about 10 ranks of swimming to make it to Hisskra(you can swim underwater and make it through an openning that requires no climbing).

Honestly though, if hunter trolls are rough for you, the jungle and hisskra will be out of your league...

Post your skill base here so maybe we can try to help you grab some spell aiming...

Siefer
03-13-2006, 05:15 PM
I can ward the trolls with no problem, its just that they regen so damn quick. I can waste all my mana on one of them and not kill the damn thing.

Siefer (at level 30), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 40 8
Shield Use.........................| 124 32
Brawling...........................| 124 32
Physical Fitness...................| 102 24
Harness Power......................| 124 32
Spirit Mana Control................| 102 24
Spiritual Lore - Blessings.........| 25 5
Spiritual Lore - Religion..........| 124 32
Spiritual Lore - Summoning.........| 20 4 Going up to 10 so I can use Nexus
Perception.........................| 124 32
Climbing...........................| 58 12
Swimming...........................| 58 12

Spell Lists
Major Spirit.......................| 25

Spell Lists
Minor Spirit.......................| 29 Going down to 20

Spell Lists
Cleric.............................| 26 Going up to 31
Training Points: 125 Phy 0 Mnt (242 Phy converted to Mnt)

The Ponzzz
03-13-2006, 05:38 PM
Ah... You use fu? A physical cleric will be tough... If the shield use and brawling is for RP, then i won't touch it, but if not, I will help you re-do all skills to a pure's look. If you have RP choices you must keep, by all means keep them. But 1x brawling ain't gonna do ya much good...

Siefer
03-13-2006, 05:42 PM
No Fu, I'm in COL. I just cast 302 at everything. I already used a fixskills, and am going by advice from another cleric on this board. Whatever advice you have is greatly appreciated, let's hear some of it please.

The Ponzzz
03-13-2006, 08:06 PM
Well. If you cast, then you need to toss brawling. No point in using a hand and a shield, toss on a runestaff.

Do the following:

2.2x Spells, 2x Harness power, spell aiming, 1.5x MIU, Arcane Symbols, Lores(judging by your current build you like lores). 1x Spiritual mana control. Grab enough PT to have just over 100 Health(so about 17-18 ranks). Drop perception(for now, pick it back up later). 10 ranks of both swimming and climbing will get you to most places before level 60. But if you plan on grabbing water walking, 5 ranks of swimming will be enough to get you anywhere you NEED to swim to before 60. As for armor, 8 ranks for doubles is fine. This should put ya at 11.7 spell ranks per level. Grab more spells when you can if you want them or up lores, MIU or AS.

I might be missing something, but I don't play too many pures...

mgoddess
03-13-2006, 08:15 PM
2x'ing in Harness Power is overdoing it...shouldn't need more then 1.5x (the extra 1 mana you get every rank past your level does add up, but it's not worth the TP's that you can dump into spells or other magic ranks).

(I'd offer more suggestions, but I've never played a cleric before...so, besides the base "pure" build with a runestaff, I can't really offer any more help.)

The Ponzzz
03-13-2006, 08:21 PM
I went from 1.5x HP to 2x with my wizard and the extra 20 mana I grab is very nice...

Siefer
03-13-2006, 08:52 PM
Ponzzz, whats your take on the advice from this thread?
http://www.forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=18329

I'm unsure of whether or not to go runestaff.

The Ponzzz
03-13-2006, 11:26 PM
While I'm not totally sure on why you would want to go brawling and shield over runestaff, I don't like that method.

It seems that plan is more focused on a GS3 aspect, which people have done the numbers and proved that it's far more effective, in later levels...

I'll set ya up with the PROs and CONs and you can decide. I'll refer to my method as 1 and to the method in that thread as 2.

PROs to 1 are:

You will be more magically inclined.
GS4 supports this better.
You will have TPs to play with.
Wider variety of what you can hunt effectively.
Less Equipment needed.
Higher TD.
Able to use wands.

CONs to 1 are:

A lower DS than method 2, but average with all pures.
A lower bolt DS, but again average.
Cookie Cutter build.

PROs to 2 are:

Higher DS in all forms.
Chance to Block in EBP.
Use of another attack form, though not near as effective as a Semi or Square, but you will have the use none the less.
Higher damage with CS attacks

CONs to 2 are:

More equipment needed.
TP draining just to remain ahead.
The want for higher armors.
Spell Hinderance.
Less dodge(unless you go buckler which is pointless).
Not able to cast as much as method 1.
Unable to use wands.

The only thing I'm really not sure on is this channel with open hand being right hand... I've never heard a sorcerer complain to me atleast about this, and see them and empaths with runestaves in their right hands channeling...

But in a nut shell. You will get more DS out of your current method and more damage from channeling if that is true. You will be more magical with method 1.

Sorry if that seems all fucked up to read. But I think i explained it well...