PDA

View Full Version : Mana Leech Effects

Celephais
03-10-2006, 06:16 PM
Testing out some mana leech stuff, wanted to confirm a formula I've been working on so I was wondering if my fellow mages wouldn't mind seeing if it holds water for your characters. (I currently have a mage untraining all his EMC so I can relearn and test the formula at each skill rank)

For the sake of simplicity only cast mana leech once between recoveries to confirm the formula (the minute timer resets if you cast again, so if you wait 3 minute and 40 seconds and cast it again, count three minutes and restart your stopwatch or whatever).

Take your EMC bonus, divide by 20, round down. I'm calling this your LMR (Leeched Mana Recovered per minute).

Cast mana leech. Divide the amount leeched by your LMR, round up. In that many minutes (give or take a second) you should have recovered from the effects.

Let me know if this does or doesn't ring true for you?

Askip
03-13-2006, 06:10 PM
Hmm, perhaps there is some varience for extreme examples. With an EMC bonus of 196 I got exactly a one minute for 14 mana each from several silverback orcs and exactly two minutes for 18 mana from snow spectres.

:D