PDA

View Full Version : Dhe'nar Bard

Tah'lon
03-07-2006, 10:35 PM
I currently play a TWC Dhe'nar bard that is level 20. I'd like to prepare him for his Great Hunt (have to take down a like-level creature, without armor or equipment).

Does anyone have any suggestions on what might be a decent challenge?

-Tah'lon

Numbers
03-07-2006, 10:40 PM
Krolvin warfarer.

Latrinsorm
03-07-2006, 11:42 PM
Reiver.

radamanthys
03-07-2006, 11:44 PM
Steel Golem?

Fallen
03-08-2006, 09:44 AM
You need to understand that for a proper hunt you cannot use your Armor OR your weapons. You need to hunt something that you can find a weapon in while on the hunt to use.

Also, anything found within the area can be used once your hunt begins. As your hunt only ends once you have killed your prey, you can harvest items from the area such as blue crystals and small statues.

Finally, you must have a witness that would be seen as credible by your people (No, not just credible the Obsidian Tower). Someone who is seen as reliable, trustworthy, and most importantly, Objective.

All of this information should be taken with a grain of salt. I am in no way trying to tell you how to play your character. I am simply attempting to inform you of how Great Hunts have been handled in the past.

Evarin and his Mis'ri, War Griffin Slayer

Merji
03-08-2006, 10:59 AM
Am I right in assuming one can use their own spells, etc, on his/her great hunt? If this is the case could the Bard use his sonic armor, shield, etc? These are his own spells, and his bonuses for his profession. Just as a sorcerer has his shadow, etc.

Just a thought.

Good Luck!

Merji's Muse

Makkah
03-08-2006, 11:13 AM
rofl... Dhe'nar

Fallen
03-08-2006, 04:42 PM
Yes, I believe he could sing all of his equipment. He should be just fine, then.

Tah'lon
03-08-2006, 06:13 PM
All great suggestions. Thanks all.

I'll have to do a few test runs using sonic shield, versus a secondary sonic weapon to see if one might ultimately work better despite my training and to see how long I can handle all the renewal costs since they aren't normally part of my repertoire.

-Tah'lon