PDA

View Full Version : Anchoring 1020

Soulpieced
03-05-2006, 09:12 AM
Figured since people ask me this on a fairly regular bases, here are 2 clips of songs that have been used to anchor, and the appropriate messaging you should get.

You sing:

"I sing to you this song of travelers traveling travel
of an inn named Wayside Inn I want to stay
In order to stay anchoring in this place
An anchor in which I will place
A traveling inn of rest in Wayside Inn Wehnimer's Landing
All it is is rest I traveler require
Now let me finish this song of anchoring
To the crazy landing Wehnimer's Landing
Anchoring anchor traveler travelers traveling"

You notice a great circle of visible mana form around you and begin to spin, slowly growing closer. It enfolds around you gently like a giant's hand then releases and sinks into the ground below.
Sing Roundtime 3 Seconds.

You sing:

"For a place of great times and memory
this is the site I wish to be
travel me here and I'll stay
anchor my body and let me play
the adventurers of Shimmarglin Inn rest with lack of sound
is the only bar in which I'll be found
so bring me here when I sing this song
and I'll continue singing all night long"

You notice a great circle of visible mana form around you and begin to spin, slowly growing closer. It enfolds around you gently like a giant's hand then releases and sinks into the ground below.
Sing Roundtime 3 Seconds.

Czeska
03-05-2006, 02:22 PM
prep 1020
Then sing it.
Then when you're elsewhere and sing 1020 you should zap back.

Also, my Teras song worked in Ta'Illistim, go figure.

Soulpieced
10-04-2006, 04:53 PM
For easy pasting:

I sing to you this song of travelers traveling travel;of an inn named Wayside Inn I want to stay;In order to stay anchoring in this place;An anchor in which I will place;A traveling inn of rest in Wayside Inn Wehnimer's Landing;All it is is rest I traveler require;Now let me finish this song of anchoring;To the crazy landing Wehnimer's Landing;Anchoring anchor traveler travelers traveling

FinisWolf
10-05-2006, 02:23 AM
I just wanted to say thanks for my bard, he is now anchored to the Pub (upper floor) in Icemule.

Finis

Danical
10-05-2006, 05:18 AM
Well played, Sir.

Elvenlady
10-05-2006, 05:27 AM
prep 1020
Then sing it.

That's the part I was missing, DUH ... thanks! :up:

Aaysia
10-05-2006, 05:51 AM
Weirdly enough I never thought to save my anchoring songs and thus they changed everytime my bard went to a new town, heh.

Soulpieced
03-22-2008, 10:41 AM
Best bump ever.

AestheticDeath
05-12-2008, 05:10 PM
OK, trying this in the Raging Thrak inn, and neither songs are working.

Replaced the inn names obviously... but not working.

Are their only certain rooms in each inn where it works?

Some Rogue
05-12-2008, 05:16 PM
I believe so, I know I only got it to work on one room in the Shimmarglin Inn in Illistim.

AestheticDeath
05-12-2008, 05:23 PM
Bah and there are people in the one room I didn't try... Fuck that, I'll wait till they are gone!

B2
05-12-2008, 05:41 PM
Just sing in guildspeak!

AestheticDeath
05-12-2008, 06:00 PM
k, after stupid mistakes, I got it.

AestheticDeath
05-20-2008, 11:05 AM
Yeah so using this with a capped bard is easy.

But I seem to be having trouble with Maselon.

First time I cast it, I got several rounds of RT like 130 gives.

Then when I tried casting again like 5 minutes later, I blew my neck up...

What gives?

Stanley Burrell
05-20-2008, 02:00 PM
You didn't use the word "travel."

AestheticDeath
06-14-2008, 02:06 AM
Can you be anchored to more than one inn at a time? Or do I need to keep redoing it every time I move towns?

Don't really wanna test it since the failure is usually death.

But if anyone knows for sure... that'd be great.

sleeveless
06-15-2008, 01:54 AM
Gotta re-anchor for each town.

AestheticDeath
06-15-2008, 02:04 AM
Thanks

Dain
06-23-2009, 11:30 PM
found this old thread really helpful.

bump

Drunken Durfin
12-07-2010, 08:52 PM
Okay, so I went through the process and did an anchor at the Abandoned Inn Tavern. The messaging came through that matches a successful anchor as described earlier in this thread. Then I went to TSC and cast 1020. Instead of taking me back to the Abandoned Inn room it took me to Wayside. What am I doing wrong?

Lumi
12-07-2010, 11:17 PM
That's...weird. I'm surprised you were able to anchor there since it's not considered "in town", but if you got the successful messaging...

Might be a question for the officials or an ASSIST. There's obviously a bug here, just not sure which end of this problem it is.

Seizer
12-11-2010, 06:11 AM
Perhaps because you were already in what is considered a safe spot it didn't work. My only guess. You can anchor at the AI they sell drinks and fluff. Maybe try somewhere else like the Stronghold or something.

Drunken Durfin
12-11-2010, 12:07 PM
Perhaps because you were already in what is considered a safe spot it didn't work. My only guess. You can anchor at the AI they sell drinks and fluff. Maybe try somewhere else like the Stronghold or something.

Won't serve the purpose I'm trying to get this working for. Need to be able to get Michaelous and his crew out of town so we can kill them without fear of arrest.

drigore
12-11-2010, 01:00 PM
There is a tavern in the Reivers as well, that is one of the random failure spots I've been taken to when I was playing my bard, might want to try there too.