PDA

View Full Version : A challenge for the programmers here.

GOD
01-03-2004, 05:25 PM
Okay, it seems one of my co workers like to talk shit, so i need to teach him a lesson, i figure a good lesson would be to restrict him from any computer access when i'm not here, so all he has to do is stare at the wall....so this is what i need help with...

I program in C++...but i'm just beginning, so i cant write code this complex:

I need a program that will:
upon activating the program with like a check box or a command prompt or something will start a timer and also place the program in windows startup, the timer needs to countdown starting at 10 minutes, when it hits 0, i need the program to force shut down the PC its on, then when the PC boots up, since its in windows startup, i need it to start the 10 minute count down again, and keep doing tihs continous loop until i turn the program off...

If someone can help me out with this...i'd be much appreciative.

-John

MrThorbizzle
01-03-2004, 05:27 PM
i could write that...but why not just put crumbs in his keyboard...i hate crumbs

GOD
01-03-2004, 05:27 PM
The way i plan to run the program is by connecting ot the PC he uses using a remot accessing client from the PC i use, then activating it that way so he never sees me on the computer. :-D

-John

GOD
01-03-2004, 05:29 PM
Because i want to really show him how much he needs to not piss me off because i will put an end to all of his entertainment while i'm not in the room.

-John

MrThorbizzle
01-03-2004, 05:34 PM
Here are the APIs I'd probably use:

RegKeyOpenEx, RegQueryValueEx, RegCloseKey - to query the value of the "Common Startup" registry key

GetSystemTime - for the timer

ExitWindowsEx - to shutdown

GOD
01-03-2004, 05:59 PM
Alright cool, that really helps, thanks.

-John

GOD
01-03-2004, 06:33 PM
Okay, after trieng this for a minute its obvious that i dont know enough about some of the functions you've listed or in which way you'd use them, because i am more confused than i am normaly when i try to teach myself C++, and i'm lost in the Microsoft MSDN library attempting to figure out how to use each api you just listed...

-john

01-03-2004, 07:10 PM
Not looking at working there long huh?

Latrinsorm
01-03-2004, 08:21 PM
Call a voodoo guy (or girl).

Mistomeer
01-04-2004, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm
Call a voodoo guy (or girl).

Fuck writing the program. What OS is he using? If it's 2k, right click on my computer, select manage, wait a minute for it to come up, under Action click connnect to another computer - plenty of shit to play with there.

Also, start, run, regedit, file, connect network registry then reference this web page to show what's up (http://is-it-true.org/nt/nt2000/registry/rtips4.shtml), go to device manager (From manage remote computer window you got open) after you change the registry, force a restart from one the tabs there..don't remember which. Computer reboots, your changes take place.

GOD
01-05-2004, 09:42 AM
Haha - You guys crack me up, now i know where to look on tips of how to fuck over co-workers....and RangerD1, my uncle is my manager, i wont get fired, he'll just tell me to stop fucking with the guy. LOL

-John

Wezas
01-05-2004, 11:12 AM
I had a program a while back that would keep opening and closing the CD drawer every second for a minute. Was rather amusing. I think this is the site I got it from.

http://www.rjlsoftware.com/software/entertainment/

Lots of mean goodies (I recommend "Pirated Software" if you think he may have some on his PC)

GOD
01-05-2004, 11:36 AM
Well i control everything that is on his PC...all i wanted to do was show him that if he fucks with me, he can stare at a wall the entire time he's at work and i'm not by makeing his PC unusuable but not directly letting him know it was me, like the shut down thing, he'll think its a virus or something...

-John