PDA

View Full Version : Rats with gifts!

Reyek
10-18-2003, 01:26 PM
You search the giant rat.
It had a snifter of Silver brandy, some acantha leaf.
It had nothing else of value.
A giant rat decays into a pile of mangy hair and bone.

out side North gate there was this rat and i killed it. when did rats reside here and when did they bare gifts?

StrayRogue
10-18-2003, 01:26 PM
GS4 or 3?

Reyek
10-18-2003, 01:28 PM
this was GS3

CrystalTears
10-18-2003, 01:29 PM
I have never seen a rat with anything. I need to hunt rats more. Drunken rats no less!

StrayRogue
10-18-2003, 01:31 PM
Well, I am guessing it was purposely spawned outside. Therefore I am assuming it may have been a bug in the treasure system that gave it the random treasure. Or it could have been on purpose. Bug it.

Reyek
thats what i thought. i dont uually hunt rats either... i'll show the entire log...

[Wehnimer's, Land's End Rd.]
Vigilant guardsmen scrutinize the citizens and travelers arriving and departing through the wide gateway spanning the land route into Wehnimer's Landing. The frenetic pace of the city to the south is a far cry from the deceptive calm of the wilds of Elanith outside. Two daunting towers survey the countryside and protect the town, flanking the road to the east and west. You also see a giant hungry-looking rat and a wooden barrel.
Also here: Devlun, GameMaster Ysbail, Lady Atania
Obvious paths: south
J>
Atania walks to stand behind a wooden barrel.
J>
Skanrith came through the town gates.
J>
Skanrith just went south.
J>
A giant hungry-looking rat tries to bite you!
AS: -15 vs DS: +346 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +97 = -232
A clean miss.
J>
Aaysia just arrived.
J>
Atania exclaims, "Shoo!"
J>
Aaysia went through the town gates.
J>slap rat
I don't think so.
J>l
Vigilant guardsmen scrutinize the citizens and travelers arriving and departing through the wide gateway spanning the land route into Wehnimer's Landing. The frenetic pace of the city to the south is a far cry from the deceptive calm of the wilds of Elanith outside. Two daunting towers survey the countryside and protect the town, flanking the road to the east and west. You also see a giant rat and a wooden barrel.
Also here: Devlun, Lady Atania
J>
A giant rat tries to bite you!
AS: -15 vs DS: +346 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +42 = -287
A clean miss.
J>'stupid rat wants to die
You say, "stupid rat wants to die"
J>
Apprentice Biela came through the town gates.
J>
Gwaehir just arrived.
J>
Apprentice Biela just went south.
J>
Gwaehir went through the town gates.
J>l
Vigilant guardsmen scrutinize the citizens and travelers arriving and departing through the wide gateway spanning the land route into Wehnimer's Landing. The frenetic pace of the city to the south is a far cry from the deceptive calm of the wilds of Elanith outside. Two daunting towers survey the countryside and protect the town, flanking the road to the east and west. You also see a giant rat and a wooden barrel.
J>
A giant rat tries to bite Atania!
AS: -15 vs DS: +13 with AvD: +24 + d100 roll: +7 = +3
A clean miss.
J>
Atania exclaims, "Shoo, I say!"
J>
.cast 302 rat

[Press the ESCape key to abort script.]
prep 302
You chant a reverent litany, clasping your hands while focusing upon the Smite spell...
Your spell is ready.
stance off
cast at rat
[Script]J>You are now in an offensive stance.
[Script]J>
You gesture at a giant rat.
A scintillating, blue-white aura encompasses a giant rat.
CS: +262 - TD: +5 + CvA: +25 + d100: +39 == +321
Warding failed!
A minuscule blue-white star slowly ascends from the ground directly under the giant rat, blinking in and out of existence as it passes through the rat's skin. Upon reaching its apex just above the rat, the star explodes in a brilliant display of sound and light. Tiny sparks of energy shower down upon a giant rat, causing the rat to writhe in agony as its entire being is covered in a brilliant white glow. The giant rat falls to the ground dead, its skin still pulsating with a blinding white hue.
The silvery luminescence fades from around a giant rat.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
[Script]J>stance def

[Script finished!]
Cast Round Time in effect: Setting stance to guarded.
J>l
Vigilant guardsmen scrutinize the citizens and travelers arriving and departing through the wide gateway spanning the land route into Wehnimer's Landing. The frenetic pace of the city to the south is a far cry from the deceptive calm of the wilds of Elanith outside. Two daunting towers survey the countryside and protect the town, flanking the road to the east and west. You also see a giant rat that appears dead and a wooden barrel.
J>sear rat
J>
You feel at full magical power again.
J>put my mace in my harn
put shield in my sat
You put an enruned ancient eonake mace in your weapons harness.
J>You put a rune-etched vultite kite shield in your traveller's satchel.
J>
The silvery luminescence fades from around you.
J>
Atania releases a slow, low whistle.
J>get brand
You pick up a snifter of Silver brandy.
J>peer brand
You peer closely at a snifter of Silver brandy, but see nothing of interest. Maybe if you examined it closely, you would see more.

first i look and it changed on me. weird super rat.

theotherjohn
are you sure it was a rat and not a hairer than normal halfling?

Artha
10-18-2003, 01:32 PM
Probably a GM having fun.

CrystalTears
10-18-2003, 01:33 PM
It was a giant hungry-looking rat. It was already special. :)

Reyek
10-18-2003, 01:34 PM
now its a pile of compost ;)

StrayRogue
10-18-2003, 01:38 PM
You notice in the first shot, there was a GM there? Its definately something special. Probably would have gotten an RPA or something had you fed it.

Ah fond memories of when the Pregnant Kobold was killed.

HarmNone
10-18-2003, 02:06 PM
Yup. That was definitely a GM construct looking for some action. I always loved it when something like that happened!

HarmNone is getting wistful :D

CrystalTears
10-18-2003, 02:13 PM
Oh I remember one time my empath came across a rat or bunny or something, and my empath has a ball that was taken from one of those jugglers at one of the festivals. Oh my God come to think of it I think it was Celtic that gave me that ball because I wanted an emerald one. ANYway, I took it out and rolled it on the ground and he started to play with it. It was very cute and very fun. I got an RPA for that. I love those little instances of GM stuff thrown in. Makes the game so much more fun to play. Not necessary, but definitely worthy of an Emeril "BAM!" :D

AnticorRifling
10-18-2003, 11:12 PM
99% of my GM interaction involves Khaladon killing me in some weird fashion.

ElvenRangeress
10-19-2003, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by Reyek

out side North gate there was this rat and i killed it. when did rats reside here and when did they bare gifts?

Thats actually pretty neat! Wish I found stuff on a rat when I first started hunting them! *grins*

Reyek
10-19-2003, 05:26 AM
i wish i did too i would be one rich guy by now. i hunted rats for 11 trains...scripting of course but still i pick up the stuff ;)