PDA

View Full Version : 5x or 4x arrows..

Kainen
02-20-2006, 02:48 PM
Can someone tell me why, when I use 5x arrows (from a master fletcher) I miss more, rarely stun and lose more arrows than when I use some cheap ebladed wooden arrows from the archery shop?

zhelas
02-20-2006, 03:25 PM
My ranger has used both. The cheap arrows from the shop and has gotten them ebladed. They are quick and with a 5x longbow, a nice 9x weapon combination. As for arrows that are fletched. He has made some with faewood and has gotten them blessed when he hunts undead. He doesn't have alot of them since those arrows are quite expensive to make. I have seen folks in Illistrim use the combination of Faewood and Griffon feathers for the flares. Normally my ranger makes his own arrows out of regular wood, either from firewood or spears he collects. Then he gets them ebladed so they are 5x. Also he aims all the time. With 606 and 509 the RT isn't bad. 90% of the time he is aiming for one of the eyes or the neck. Most of his hits stun or kill the creature out right. If he is aiming for the right eye and it doesn't kill it and the arrow sticks in the eye he switches to a differernt spot, the left eye or the neck otherwise he keeps pecking away at the creature.

Zhelas