PDA

View Full Version : CMAN ranger

vontez
02-18-2006, 02:39 PM
Hey all, I was wondering what some good suggestions were for CMAN's for a THW ambushing ranger...I figure I wont need feint since theres already an ambush pushdown, So i had Smastery, dirtkick, and garrote (for being sweet factor) , so far, as level 20. Anything more useful? I had Cmovement, but +2 DS per rank is like...nothing, and as an ambusher, its much more preferable not to get swung at anyway.

Stunseed
02-18-2006, 05:24 PM
In your case, I would go in this order.

1. Disarm -- 3 ranks ( Alternate is to master Sweep, to have a knockdown early )
2. Feint -- 3 ranks
3. Shadow Mastery -- 3 ranks

Smastery for Rangers is nice, but I'd utilize Camo more often than not at upper levels. One decent tactic is to stay open, let a creature swing, sweep, then if you've got it, feint to add the RT to hide, then BLAM!

The end.

Drew
02-18-2006, 09:11 PM
My main is a THW ambushing ranger, and feint is the only manuever I use often (I have disarm for defensive purposes, but I use it occasionally). For various reasons you won't always be able to hide, non hideable rooms, high perception creatures, spells, etc. Feint is a lifesaver because as two hander you don't want to sit and wait for a bolt spell to come your way, you need to be proactive and stop them in the first place, feint is a good tool to keep a creature from casting at you. I've used feint extensively. Keep in mind since the pushdown bug fix you often don't get full pushdown, especially up hunting, so feint still has it uses as a stance reducer, not to mention RT creator.

Of the meager manuevers us rangers get, feint is probably the best.

Right now with 34 ranks of CM (only about .6x in CM) I have 4 ranks of feint and 2 of disarm. I'm gonna move disarm up to 4 and then consider combat focus.

Emylyna
02-24-2006, 07:28 AM
heh, I have two ranks in mfire, and can't even figure out how to use it... my scripts got deleted somehow. When I did have the script for it, I thought it was a lot of fun to use, especially when you stun two critters at once, or kill one and stun the other one!

Olanan
02-24-2006, 04:34 PM
Most archers can simply fire two shots faster then MFIRE them. Mine included.