PDA

View Full Version : Good roleplaying

Drew
02-17-2006, 06:28 PM
[Pinefar, Gemshop]
The small cranny of a shop has walls painted a deep shade of burgundy, which are edged with polished oak. Shelves cover the back wall, fronted by a low counter with a glass top and shallow drawers beneath that. One small window gives a view of the moonlit mountainside, but heavy bars criss-cross the view just outside the glass, protecting the room from intrusion. You also see a small wooden sign, a cedar door and the jeweler Skeets.
Obvious exits: none
Tayre followed.
>
You say, "Hello Skeets."

Tayre says, "AWWW SKEET SKEET."

Drew
02-17-2006, 06:31 PM
>pet cat
You gently pet the sleeping cat, who begins to purr drowsily.
>l
[Pinefar Trading Post, Greatroom]
Shining wood floors and a beamed ceiling distinguish the spacious room. An impressive rock fireplace dominates the back wall, flanked by a wide staircase leading to an upper floor. Before the hearth sits a tawny leather sofa with a variety of armchairs sitting in attendance around it. Rugs scattered across the plank floor add tones of coral, blue and red to the warm ambience. All along the walls, paintings compete with windows offering views of the moonlit, snow-bound countryside. You also see a pure white sparrowhawk that is flying around, the Tayre disk, a small brown cat that is sleeping, a sheaf of golden paper, a large pine cupboard, a pair of wide double doors, a pine barrel, a staircase and a basket of sticks.
Also here: Tayre
Obvious exits: northeast, east, west, northwest
>
The cat purrs loudly as Tayre pets her.
>
Tayre gently pets the sleeping cat, who begins to purr drowsily.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>l
[Pinefar Trading Post, Greatroom]
Shining wood floors and a beamed ceiling distinguish the spacious room. An impressive rock fireplace dominates the back wall, flanked by a wide staircase leading to an upper floor. Before the hearth sits a tawny leather sofa with a variety of armchairs sitting in attendance around it. Rugs scattered across the plank floor add tones of coral, blue and red to the warm ambience. All along the walls, paintings compete with windows offering views of the moonlit, snow-bound countryside. You also see a pure white sparrowhawk that is flying around, the Tayre disk, a small brown cat that is sleeping, a sheaf of golden paper, a large pine cupboard, a pair of wide double doors, a pine barrel, a staircase and a basket of sticks.
Also here: Tayre
Obvious exits: northeast, east, west, northwest
>
You have the mana required to continue your spellup.
Sending INCANT 617 to the game.

>
You make a simple motion, quietly invoking the Sneaking spell...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
You begin to move with cat-like grace.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

Sending INCANT 618 to the game.

You make a simple motion, quietly invoking the Mobility spell...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
You suddenly feel much more dextrous.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
>
* Volfe just bit the dust!
>
Tayre reaches over and gently rests his hand on your shoulder.
>
>
>policy 3

GemStone IV Player Policy: Abusive Or Disruptive Behavior

Because GemStone IV is a multi-player game, there can sometimes be a conflict between an individual player's idea of entertainment and that of the majority of the players as a whole. In such situations, the majority will be given the greatest weight.

GemStone IV is designed for the enjoyment of everyone, and as a general rule, any behavior which is specifically targeted to lessen that enjoyment for another player may be in violation of GemStone IV policy. While what is disruptive is an extremely long list, it includes things such as harassment, sexual advances, and actions specifically targeted to be disruptive.

Your next unread page is page #1.
>
>
>
>whis ooc tayre POLICY 3!
>
PsiNet is done spelling you up.

(OOC) You quietly whisper to Tayre, "POLICY 3!"
>
>
>
Tayre says, "..."
>
Tayre laughs!
>
Tayre asks, "SEXUAL ADVANCES?"
>
Tayre says, "W/E."
>
A pure white sparrowhawk circles lazily in the air.

>

Tayre is informing you that he considers your character's current behavior to be harassment.

Drew2
02-17-2006, 06:31 PM
:)

Ebondale
02-17-2006, 06:41 PM
cAPSLOCK tAYRE? O_o

Snapp
02-17-2006, 08:25 PM
That deserves a RP nominate.

Necromancer
02-17-2006, 09:23 PM
Tayre is kind of an idiot sometimes. (i.e. just about any time one of my characters has interacted with him)

Back
02-17-2006, 09:55 PM
Sometimes?

Drew2
02-17-2006, 09:57 PM
Breaking news:

I don't roleplay anymore. Get over it.

Ebondale
02-17-2006, 10:21 PM
Why not? I'm just curious.

Back
02-17-2006, 10:40 PM
Why not? I'm just curious.

Curious? Tayre is your man.

Urinal Poops
02-18-2006, 12:37 AM
Breaking news:

I don't roleplay anymore. Get over it.

The real question is, when did you ever?

Ebondale
02-18-2006, 12:39 AM
Curious? Tayre is your man.

lol

Lets not go there. ;)

StrayRogue
02-18-2006, 01:04 AM
I personally prefer Tayre's style of "RP" to those of the hammy, suck-up and downright stereotypical antics of Querthose, Mekthros etc. Atleast he's original, funny, and doesn't play the game for simple limelight.

Drew
02-18-2006, 03:22 AM
I have to say Stay that I don't think Mekthros is sterotypical, at least in my opinion. The guy cares about the game too, I like people who do research and have more than one aspect to them.

As to Tayre, as long as he only does that in game when it's just him and me I think it's hilarious.

StrayRogue
02-18-2006, 05:05 AM
You must realize Chiv that when you're involved by the GM's with everything it's much easier to "give back". Personally, in my experience he's just another "look at me I'm an evil Sheruvian/Luukosian" Armaxis/Setzier GM wannabe.

Latrinsorm
02-18-2006, 10:43 AM
That may be, but he is clever about it. It's sorta like blaming Creed for sounding like Pearl Jam, if Creed was actually good. It's not Creed's fault that Pearl Jam showed up first.

Asha
02-18-2006, 10:57 AM
Latrinsorm I love and respect you. .
But tell me you don't like Creed?

Ebondale
02-18-2006, 11:18 AM
Creed > Pearl Jam, sorry to tell you. :P

Latrinsorm
02-18-2006, 11:26 AM
But tell me you don't like Creed?I didn't get an Alter Bridge tattoo for nothing!! :)

In seriousness, I like a few Creed songs.

StrayRogue
02-18-2006, 12:18 PM
Creed > Pearl Jam, sorry to tell you. :P

Maybe if you like dead bands who played Christian rock.

Fallen
02-18-2006, 12:23 PM
Mekthros has talent, despite whatever else you wish to say about his RP. Querthose does as well, though to a lesser extent. Both are capable of nearly flawless execution of whatever it is they are attempting to do in their roleplay.

Aside from that, Querthose has put in an insane (Even by my standards) amount of time and energy trying to put together those sorcery gatherings. I can't stand them because of the crowds, but I have met a great many sorcerers that say they can actually USE their higher level sorcery spells after they've attended.

StrayRogue
02-18-2006, 12:24 PM
One word:

Attention.

Ebondale
02-18-2006, 12:25 PM
I have no respect at all for Pearl Jam. The're about average in quality and they are second to bitch about .mp3s only next to Metallica as if their music is even in the same league. Fuck Pearl Jam.

If you want to get on the "Well they suck because they're a Christian rock band" then you may as well say that P.O.D. and Evanescence sucks as well for the same reason.

Christian or not, they're still better than Pearl Jam. :P

Fallen
02-18-2006, 12:25 PM
Laughs

StrayRogue
02-18-2006, 12:26 PM
If you want to get on the "Well they suck because they're a Christian rock band" then you may as well say that P.O.D. and Evanescence sucks as well for the same reason.

Don't worry, I'm way ahead of you. They suck. But atleast whats-her-face can sing in tune. I give her that much.

Asha
02-18-2006, 12:26 PM
One word:

Attention.

Two words would have been perfect. :D

Fallen
02-18-2006, 12:31 PM
Look everyone, it is a GM controlled NPC!

RUN AWAY, OR WE WILL ALL HAVE SOLD OUT!

Suppa Hobbit Mage
02-18-2006, 01:40 PM
Look everyone, it is a GM controlled NPC!

RUN AWAY, OR WE WILL ALL HAVE SOLD OUT!

That wouldn't be the case, except for any, and all, GM controlled NPCs are surrounded by the same people, every time.