PDA

View Full Version : WaveDancer - Digging For Elementals?

mgoddess
02-16-2006, 01:33 PM
So, this being my first time on the WaveDancer, I haven't a clue where/when/how to dig for Sand Elementals..

Anyone have a guide or any hints/clues/info on digging? Is it like the EG digging game where you gotta buy hordes of shovels to last you the 6 hours it might take to find the elemental? Where does one go to buy the shovel(s), and where do you take the shovels to actually dig?

Thanks for any info you all have! :)

fallenSaint
02-16-2006, 01:42 PM
Either hit up that Non Official IRC chat or keep on the Amunet on the ship and try to get in with a group to do it, damned near impossible to do solo if you want to stay sane.

Aaysia
02-16-2006, 01:44 PM
what he said. Shovels are in a shop.. Life's a Beach. I can't remember if it was in the Commodity Arcade or not.. I think so.

But yea, best thing is to join a group that's doing it.

Augie
02-16-2006, 02:26 PM
Also, it will be good to set up a script that is this:

START:
put dig sand
pause 1
goto START

Heh it will save you hours of having to hit up arrow and enter.

Plus you'll want to squelch the messaging of others digging. Something like 'digs at'. Then you can see any conversation going.

mgoddess
02-16-2006, 02:28 PM
So, from the sounds of it, the shovels don't break after five or six tries at digging (aka, no sinking thousands of silvers on many, many shovels)?

Czeska
02-16-2006, 02:47 PM
no, shovels don't break.

And when they say group... we're talking like 15 people. That should get you through in roughly 2 hours. Oh and a hasting wizard would help.

mgoddess
02-16-2006, 04:41 PM
Excellent. Thanks for all the help everyone! :)

Augie
02-16-2006, 05:01 PM
So, from the sounds of it, the shovels don't break after five or six tries at digging (aka, no sinking thousands of silvers on many, many shovels)?

You're thinking of the shovels for the digging games that were for buried treasure. This you can just dig with weapons, a shovel, your hands, whatever.

Have fun!

Tromp
02-16-2006, 05:09 PM
Hasn't the shop sailed already? What about the other quest involving crawling around the island looking for stuff whilst dodging the arrows etc?

SayGoodbye
02-16-2006, 06:59 PM
The bone island quest is available only during the first couple days of the voyage. If you visit the captain's special guest at the stern of the ship and start asking him about the island or such, he'll hand you a seashell which will teleport you to the island. Your purpose while there is to 1. survive 2.collect a little loot and 3. grab some bones. Bringing the bones back to the figure completes that quest.

Once the figure begins his prayer ceremony however, the bone island quest is unavailable because it is the beginning of the Ashrim quest.

That damn sand elemental quest is open all week though, as are the rest of the Wastes, so if you want to hunt around there you can.