PDA

View Full Version : why simu sucks...

ihatehakwea
02-15-2006, 06:22 AM
1)They will not tell you what you did to cause the violation of policy, only what section of policy you violated.

2)They won't tell you how they verified it was you

3)They insult you by saying if you can't remember what event perhaps you are doing it to much and should change your habits

Yay for private organizations and not having to tell you what you did for them to charge you with a crime.

Stunseed
02-15-2006, 06:26 AM
It's time to take a break from the computer, Hakwea. Get some sleep, play solitare, whatever the fuck you do besides bitch and moan about GS.

ihatehakwea
02-15-2006, 06:33 AM
It's time to take a break from the computer, Hakwea. Get some sleep, play solitare, whatever the fuck you do besides bitch and moan about GS.

I hate to break it to you pal, but I'm not hakwea. I HATE HAKWEA

And perhaps you should stop bitching and moaning about those who bitch and moan?

Wezas
02-15-2006, 07:24 AM
You post on a message board, you get all aspects of response.

I, for one, think Stunseed's advice is decent.

Czeska
02-15-2006, 08:00 AM
Seems to me you agreed to policy when you made your account. If you had questions, then would've been a good time to ask. If you still have questions, a polite letter to feedback asking for clarification might help.

Gan
02-15-2006, 09:41 AM
Go

Play

Another

Game...

You never know, you might actually find a game you dont suck at playing.

Landrion
02-15-2006, 10:50 AM
1)They will not tell you what you did to cause the violation of policy, only what section of policy you violated.

2)They won't tell you how they verified it was you

3)They insult you by saying if you can't remember what event perhaps you are doing it to much and should change your habits

Yay for private organizations and not having to tell you what you did for them to charge you with a crime.

1) That would be either stupid or deliberate. If they want you stop the behavior its more efficient to be clear about it. Otherwise, someone wants you fuck up more so they can be justified in banning you. It's underhanded but Im betting on the second one.

2) That makes more sense - naturally they dont want to elaborate on their surviellance methods. Since they dont have to go through the court/burden of proof thing in a fantasy game, why give you more info on how to avoid their them later?

3) Doesnt seem like a very customer servicey thing to do. Further reinforces my thought on point 1), they dont really want your business. Im not saying that as a knock on you - I dont know who are anyway - just as an analysis of the behavior you described.

Emo Emu
02-15-2006, 12:43 PM
I promise you, if you go outside, you won't melt in the sun.

- Luke

GSLeloo
02-15-2006, 01:07 PM
Simu does seem to have pretty poor customer service policy. They don't seem to get that it's the players that pay for the game...

Warriorbird
02-15-2006, 01:13 PM
Their customer service is better than anybody else out there that matters.

HarmNone
02-15-2006, 01:17 PM
I never encountered a problem with Simu's customer service policy. That might be because I never ran afoul of it. However, as Czeska pointed out, there is always feedback if you feel you've been treated unfairly.

That said, as I remember policy, it was pretty clear as to what offenses were, and each section was worded such that most people would be able to ascertain where they might have gone wrong if they were called to task about something.

All in all, the few encounters my characters had with staff were handled reasonably well, and the people with whom I spoke made every effort to answer my question and give me the assistance I requested. While it might not always have been possible to solve my problem exactly to my liking, I was always able to understand the reasoning behind the final decision.

While the players might, indeed, pay for the game the players also have the choice as to whether to play this game, or another. If you're really dissatisfied with the way Simu does things, there are a lot of other games you could play. You might find something you like better, or where you feel the customer service is more suited to your likes and dislikes.

Miss X
02-15-2006, 01:17 PM
At the risk of repeating what has been said a thousand times over... Find me another text based game that offers the high quality customer service that Simu offers... I really don't think it's out there.

As much as people like to whine about it, there are 50+ GMs being paid a minimal amount to put in hours of work each week to make Gemstone what it is. There are also a ton of volunteer GameHosts who also put in hours every week helping customers with problems. Seriously... I think the customer service is the last thing people should be complaining about.

CrystalTears
02-15-2006, 01:25 PM

Wouldn't that section talk about the violation? Did someone not read the policy?

GS is the Shawshank of games, where everyone is innocent.... GM fucked me. :D

Warriorbird
02-15-2006, 01:40 PM
Curiously enough they didn't want you to be able to get revenge on the person who reported you. Boo fucking hoo.

GSLeloo
02-15-2006, 01:44 PM
I think it depends also on who comes to help you. I've had certain GMs that were absolutely perfect and nice; they did everything they could to help you and they didn't act like assholes while doing it. I've also had others that weren't too friendly. Of course I really can't say too much on it because I've only had to deal with the customer service side of GS a handful of times.

StrayRogue
02-15-2006, 03:37 PM
Just because there isn't a "better customer service for a text based game" out there (which I agree with), doesn't make it good. I for one think Simu's customer relations are horrendous. They are slow, highly clique-based, and has nothing to do with promoting or maintaining RP. They seldom handle the real trouble-makers in the game, and even then they do little to keep them from coming back (Sean, anyone).

ihatehakwea
02-19-2006, 04:53 AM
However, as Czeska pointed out, there is always feedback if you feel you've been treated unfairly.

That said, as I remember policy, it was pretty clear as to what offenses were, and each section was worded such that most people would be able to ascertain where they might have gone wrong if they were called to task about something.

The interaction I posted was a result of feedback, not with a gm in the game.

ihatehakwea
02-19-2006, 04:54 AM
Wouldn't that section talk about the violation? Did someone not read the policy?

GS is the Shawshank of games, where everyone is innocent.... GM fucked me. :D

Yes policy will tell you what was done wrong, very clever. But no it will not tel you the situation. When one day simu e-mails you saying you have violated policy but will only tell you what part, and what that violation was. But nothing of the act of violating it.

ihatehakwea
02-19-2006, 04:57 AM
Curiously enough they didn't want you to be able to get revenge on the person who reported you. Boo fucking hoo.

Yes that is the excuse they use. But it should not be an issue. As if you do take revenge, then you screwed yourself. But no I did not ask to be told names.

Just what the act was that caused the violation of policy, so I could know what happened to cause it, not just that I violated policy.

HarmNone
02-19-2006, 06:19 AM
So, you're saying that you got an email from Simu, out of the blue, telling you that you had violated policy? I'm a little bit confused about what happened here, I'll admit. Were you pulled in while playing at all? Did you speak with a GM in-game at all? If you weren't, and you don't mind sharing, what part of policy were you accused of violating?

StrayRogue
02-19-2006, 07:44 AM
Personally sounds like he's a HM customer to me. You realize they don't have to give a reason to ban you?

Or he knows EXACTLY why he's been banned and is just being a douche about it.

HarmNone
02-19-2006, 08:09 AM
That was my first take on the issue, as well, Stray. However, from the little he's said it's difficult to tell what the hell happened. I hate to jump to conclusions, so I ask.

It's certainly true that Simu doesn't have to give you a reason to ban you. It's their sandbox and their shovel. If they don't want you around, they've got a right to remove you. Yet, I don't think I've ever heard of someone being banned, or warned, with ONLY an email. All those I've known of have been pulled up in-game by a GM to discuss whatever they did.

That said, it could be different if the person in question participated in a scam of some kind, or took advantage of a bug in the system and was found out...

Skirmisher
02-19-2006, 09:32 AM
That was my first take on the issue, as well, Stray. However, from the little he's said it's difficult to tell what the hell happened. I hate to jump to conclusions, so I ask.

It's certainly true that Simu doesn't have to give you a reason to ban you. It's their sandbox and their shovel. If they don't want you around, they've got a right to remove you. Yet, I don't think I've ever heard of someone being banned, or warned, with ONLY an email. All those I've known of have been pulled up in-game by a GM to discuss whatever they did.

That said, it could be different if the person in question participated in a scam of some kind, or took advantage of a bug in the system and was found out...

See, HarmNone is nice and thoughful that way giving you the uber benefit of the doubt.

I on the other hand tend to agree with most of those who have voiced an opinion here and think you know darned well what they are talking about and simply are trying to be GSLawyer and get caught up in technicalities.

Hey, if arguing about such things is what just gets you rearing and ready to go and enjoy the day then have at it and knock yourself out contesting something that in all likelihood you know darned well you did.

Otherwise, move on and be glad your money is no longer supporting such an unworthy organization and find that camalot of an rpg out there awaiting you to grace it with your presence.

CrystalTears
02-19-2006, 11:34 AM
Yes policy will tell you what was done wrong, very clever. But no it will not tel you the situation. When one day simu e-mails you saying you have violated policy but will only tell you what part, and what that violation was. But nothing of the act of violating it.
If the policy outlines the violation, then it clearly talks about something you did. Are you saying that the violation matches nothing of what you have done, or that there are so many times that you did it that you want to know which situation you were busted for? I'm thinking it's the later, and for that, I have no sympathy for you.

It's like saying violation is talking about theft but it won't detail the incident. Have you ever stolen? If the answer is yes, the situation that was monitored to find that out is trivial.

You're not innocent, so stop pretending as though you are.

Enceladus
02-19-2006, 02:19 PM
I think one of the few things they'll outright ban someone over, with little to no warning whatsoever, is if you abuse a really, really, REALLY big bug and they have enough evidence to show that you're more than aware that you're doing it.

I'd think in such an instance, yes, you would be able to claim you were never given a warning about it, but you'd be far from innocent of any sort of offense worthing of banning.

ihatehakwea
02-19-2006, 11:44 PM
If the policy outlines the violation, then it clearly talks about something you did. Are you saying that the violation matches nothing of what you have done, or that there are so many times that you did it that you want to know which situation you were busted for? I'm thinking it's the later, and for that, I have no sympathy for you.

It's like saying violation is talking about theft but it won't detail the incident. Have you ever stolen? If the answer is yes, the situation that was monitored to find that out is trivial.

You're not innocent, so stop pretending as though you are.

Let me put it this way since you seem to be having problems understanding the situation and are quick to judge.

If someone were to come up to you one day and hand you a summons saying you are being sued for discrimination. Then you ask the person for the specifics of where and when your discriminated so you can know. But they do not tell you.

Do you honestly expect me to believe that you remember every single thing you say or do?

I am no way saying I am innocent, I accepted my crime, I know simu is private and can ban do whatever they wished. My complaint and reason for posting here is they gave no info about what I did, then just as you did told me I must be doing it so many times if I can't recall.

To me that is not right, that in one hand they will not provide you with any information whatsoever about it, then insult you and judge you because you don't remember every single action you've done.

And for others questions, the warning and the like was done only through e-mail from feedback to me, and the things I described happened in the e-mails back and forth between feedback and myself. The policy violation was harassment.

Crystal tears if you can remember every single thing you have done to every single person, and I mean everything and everyone (as you are given no timeframe) then you are have a freakish memory or are lying.

Good day.

Artha
02-19-2006, 11:51 PM
If someone told me I was harassing someone, I would probably know what they were talking about.

Moist Happenings
02-20-2006, 12:40 AM
Simu does seem to have pretty poor customer service policy. They don't seem to get that it's the players that pay for the game...

I bet you paid for your car, But that doesn't mean you can ignore Traffic laws.

Skirmisher
02-20-2006, 12:53 AM
If someone told me I was harassing someone, I would probably know what they were talking about.

Ding ding ding.

SpunGirl
02-20-2006, 01:09 AM
Maybe if you just actually told us WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED, we wouldn't have to make guesses and give feedback based on those guesses. If you don't want people's opinions on your drivel, why the fuck are you posting here in the first place?

-K

Warriorbird
02-20-2006, 07:27 AM
He wants luuuuuuuv!

CrystalTears
02-20-2006, 08:17 AM
Crystal tears if you can remember every single thing you have done to every single person, and I mean everything and everyone (as you are given no timeframe) then you are have a freakish memory or are lying.

No dumbass, my point is that if someone told me that I was banned for harassment, and I knew that I had harassed someone in the past, THE SPECIFIC EVENT DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER!

You saying that you were ONLY contacted by email means that you're either lying or you fucked up so monumentally that they don't even want to see your character in the game. Either way, it's pretty sad when they have other douchebags running around in the game free.

You don't offer up any information about you could have possibly done to merit any kind of ban, so we have nothing to go on. If you think we're just going to go on your word, a basic nobody on these boards at the present moment, and go against the GM's just cause, you're sorely mistaken.

HarmNone
02-20-2006, 08:28 AM
Hmm. Going back to your original post, you said Simu wouldn't tell you how they ascertained that it was, indeed, you who was guilty of this "crime". Well, if it was your character harassing someone, it was your fault. That's not rocket science. Now, that means either that you were reported by someone, or seen by the GMs. Considering that they sent you an email to tell you of your banning, rather than pulling you up in-game, I'd say it was probably both. I'd also say it had to be some pretty damned serious harassment. I doubt very seriously that Simu would ban an account for minor pranks. Hell, I've seen people get away with shit in that game that they should have been shot for!

I have a feeling you have a pretty good idea what this is all about. I also have a feeling that you were angry with someone and felt your behavior was justified. For all we know, it was; however, that doesn't mean anything in this context. It's Simu's sandbox, as I said before. If they don't want you in it, you're out.

Bringing the problem here...especially, in light of the fact that we don't know who you are or what character you play...leaves you open to judgement based on what you say, as well as what you don't say. If you don't tell the whole story, that judgement will be based on what can be gleaned from your post...which ain't much.

Asha
02-20-2006, 08:45 AM
Now, see Harmnones sig..
And don't try to run.

StrayRogue
02-20-2006, 11:10 AM

Of course Artha. You have an iota of intelligence which is more than this guy seems to have. That or he account shares which makes him equally stupid.

ihatehakwea
02-20-2006, 03:13 PM
Maybe if you just actually told us WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED, we wouldn't have to make guesses and give feedback based on those guesses. If you don't want people's opinions on your drivel, why the fuck are you posting here in the first place?

-K

Do you not read any posts? I don't know what actually happened. I never said I don't want peoples opinions, I just don't want stupid people like you who don't read what has been posted.

ihatehakwea
02-20-2006, 03:19 PM
No dumbass, my point is that if someone told me that I was banned for harassment, and I knew that I had harassed someone in the past, THE SPECIFIC EVENT DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER!

It was not a ban, it was a warning. And yes the event does matter if you can not recall ever harassing someone. So in my example just because you know you might have stared at someone funny you would be okay with being sued for discrimination?

You saying that you were ONLY contacted by email means that you're either lying or you fucked up so monumentally that they don't even want to see your character in the game. Either way, it's pretty sad when they have other douchebags running around in the game free.

Yes I'm lying you caught If you are not even going to believe what I post save your perile thoughts for others.

You don't offer up any information about you could have possibly done to merit any kind of ban, so we have nothing to go on.

Because dumbass I don't have any information other then what i have told you. God you are fucking stupid if you can't even read and understand my posts. And it was not a ban learn to read. I said warned.

The e-mails from feedback consisted of "You have been warned of harassment", "No we can not tell you what we did", "We have verified it was you, and no you can't know how".

I don't know how many times I have to explain it to you before your perile mind gets it, but I don't have any other information.

Warn does not equal ban.

ihatehakwea
02-20-2006, 03:23 PM

Notice your keyword there probaly.

>>Harass, threaten or embarrass another User of the Services or to cause distress, unwanted attention or discomfort of such User, or any other person or entity. Simutronics does not condone harassment in any form and may suspend or terminate the account of any User who harasses others. Personal attacks, such as those based on a person's race, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, lifestyle choice, disablement or other such affiliation, are strictly prohibited.

That is the policy on "harrassment". It is pretty broad in what is considerd it. I could have called someone an idiot and be breaking it.

Do you honestly artha remember every single action and thing you have done for the past month? As I was not given a timeframe, for all I know this happened january of 2005.

Makkah
02-20-2006, 03:36 PM
They shouldn't let pussies post on the PC.

Artha
02-20-2006, 03:40 PM
Do you honestly artha remember every single action and thing you have done for the past month?
If you asked me if in the past month I've (for example) eaten a PB&J sandwich, I could honestly tell you no. If you asked me if I've watched TV, I could tell you yes. If you asked me if I've made fun of people on WoW, I could tell you yes.

Warriorbird
02-20-2006, 03:51 PM
I'd hope you were aware enough to know what happened. If not, you probably shouldn't be playing online games anyway.

CrystalTears
02-20-2006, 03:56 PM
I've been busted and you're right. I totally don't believe a word you're saying. Who the hell are you anyway? Why should I believe anything you've said? Because you came here with a Simu bashing story? Nope, sorry, not good enough.

If you're not banned, then how about you log into your character, quit playing email games, and talk to a GM about this. If you're really concerned, you don't come here to bash them, you contact them personally. Then come back with a story of what this possibly could be about. Until then, it's nothing but a nobody trying to stir up shit against GM's just because you got a bad response.

StrayRogue
02-20-2006, 04:57 PM
To be fair I can remember each and every time I broke Policy in GS. If you can't, you must be a fucking retard.

El Burro
02-20-2006, 04:59 PM
Ssarah? Is that you?

StrayRogue
02-20-2006, 05:06 PM
One last thing:

Simu are obligated to tell you the status of your account. They can tell you when you got warned and for what problem. As per my own account:

The warning history for the XXXXXX account is as follows:

1. 2/23/2002 - Stay - Vulgarity
2. 12/2/2004 - Gorhl - Long-term Scripting

Even if I was unsure of what I did I could simply check my logs of the day.

Caramia
02-20-2006, 06:24 PM
Players pay for access to a game the way it is, and that revenue probably doesn't nearly cover all the overhead. Access doesn't entitle players to development rights or say in the game's goals and direction -- opinions, yeah, but not active participation.

If you don't get a good reason for why you were warned, you can try assisting and getting a referral. Maybe another GM will tell you what's been noted. If you've been locked out, chances are it's because you either repeatedly kept doing something you were asked to stop, or you did one major egregious thing that was willfully malicious and destructive. For something like that, I'd try Feedback for more information.

CrystalTears
02-20-2006, 07:00 PM
For something like that, I'd try Feedback for more information.

Can't you read? All this interaction was from feedback, not from a GM. Apparently he hasn't even spoken to a GM. He's knows he screwed up, he just wants to know which one of his screwups caused it. Sheesh. :D

Brattt8525
02-20-2006, 07:08 PM
You would think that if you got warned for something you did, it would have to be pretty bad? Unless your just an absolute tard to everyone <which I am guessing> any person with a few brain cells could remember what it was they did to get in trouble.

Daniel
02-20-2006, 07:08 PM
How did you get that warn history, is there a verb?

StrayRogue
02-20-2006, 07:17 PM
Contact feedback/Simu with your account details and they'll send you it.

SpunGirl
02-20-2006, 07:47 PM
I REALLY don't get it. Has he been locked out or just warned? Supposedly he just at random got an email from Simu stated he had been warned/locked out for something that happened last month?

There are too many holes in this story to actually believe it, much less have sympathy. I've corresponded with Antavian a couple of times (like when I wrote feedback about what a moron Quabu is) and he's always been perfectly direct and easy to deal with.

-K

HarmNone
02-20-2006, 07:51 PM
Apparently, as I read what he's said recently, he was only given a warning, Spun. He says he doesn't know when the alleged harassment was supposed to have happened.

Caramia
02-24-2006, 02:00 AM
It was not a ban, it was a warning...

The e-mails from feedback consisted of "You have been warned of harassment", "No we can not tell you what we did", "We have verified it was you, and no you can't know how".

I don't know how many times I have to explain it to you before your perile mind gets it, but I don't have any other information.

Warn does not equal ban.

You don't get your warnings via e-mail, stupid, they're done in the game. If you got an e-mail from Feedback about a warning, it was because YOU sent an e-mail to feedback asking for more information. Feedback would have told you what it was about, too, since they have access to that information. This is sounding so fishy, it's probably just a lie to gain attention and smear Simu. Jeez, if you really want to know what the warning was about and how they knew it was you, frigging assist and ask for a referral, so a GM can look up your records, and stop whining about it here.

By the way, it's puerile, which means juvenile -- which isn't a comprehension issue. I know a lot of kids that "get it" better than some adults, when you explain something to them.

Caramia
02-24-2006, 02:08 AM
Can't you read? All this interaction was from feedback, not from a GM. Apparently he hasn't even spoken to a GM. He's knows he screwed up, he just wants to know which one of his screwups caused it. Sheesh. :D

Yes, I read fine, thank you for caring. Perhaps you could go back and read post #1, which is what I was responding to, as it makes absolutely no mention of Feedback. I was also responding to the comments in post #9. Only thing I'm guilty of is not wasting my time to read the whole thread before adding an opinion. Axe to grind and quick to jump, much?

Skirmisher
02-24-2006, 07:28 AM
Yes, I read fine, thank you for caring. Perhaps you could go back and read post #1, which is what I was responding to, as it makes absolutely no mention of Feedback. I was also responding to the comments in post #9. Only thing I'm guilty of is not wasting my time to read the whole thread before adding an opinion. Axe to grind and quick to jump, much?

Um..while I admit it is possible I'm way off base, I was pretty darned sure CT was mocking this Ihatehawkea person by using the same words they used in an earlier post as they were so...ridiculous and innapropriate as to be very amusing.

HarmNone
02-24-2006, 07:29 AM

Ummm, judging by the grinning smiley, I'd say CT was being sarcastic, Caramia. The grinding of the axe was directed at the OP, not you. ;)

HarmNone
02-24-2006, 07:30 AM
Hee! Morning, Skirm! :rofl:

Skirmisher
02-24-2006, 07:35 AM
<3 HN

CrystalTears
02-24-2006, 08:01 AM
Thanks guys. You know me all too well. :D

Yeah Caramia, I know you can read, I was mocking our warned buddy. ;)

Oniros
04-14-2006, 01:42 PM
Those pricks drove me out of the game. They make it so unfun.

Sean of the Thread
04-14-2006, 03:12 PM
One more customer gone!!! 212 more to go!

Gan
04-14-2006, 05:26 PM
I dont think SIMU sucks; however, that is not keeping me from liquidation and eventual cancelling of all subscriptions by this summer.

211 more to go!