PDA

View Full Version : GemStone IV 2006 Goals

FinisWolf
02-13-2006, 05:05 PM
GemStone IV 2006 Goals · on 2/13/2006 2:14:15 PM https://www.play.net/images/forums/links-arrows.gif (http://forum.gsplayers.com/) 1276 (https://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=1&topic=1&message=1276) https://www.play.net/images/transparent.gifhttps://www.play.net/images/transparent.gifhttps://www.play.net/images/forums/reply.gif (https://www.play.net/forums/help/closed_topic.asp?forum=102&category=1&topic=1) Reply (https://www.play.net/forums/help/closed_topic.asp?forum=102&category=1&topic=1)GemStone IV 2006 Goals

Re-Org
At the beginning of this year, the GemStone IV staff re-organized in an effort to enhance the customer experience. Our mission has always been top of the line customer service, and the re-org is a big part in continuing with that mission.

To that end, much of the World Development team moved to the Customer Experience side of the house. Those that had the desire and hardcore coding abilities stayed on the Development side. What we ended up with is one Development team and four Customer Experience teams.

Producer Llearyn

Development: Combat, Magic & Technical SystemsSGM WardenASGM CoaseFGM BerntFGM ClawFGM IldranFGM MestysFGM NilvenFGM SlekenFGM VoravielAGM AkaydarAGM EstildAGM NaosAGM RyamAGM Strathspey

Customer Experience: Training, Teams & QCSGM IstenASGM SianiFGM SirinaAGM EmeradanAGM XayleAGM ZyllahCGM PandorehCGM Roxia

Customer Experience: CE Systems & TownsSGM OziasFGM AlyiasFGM JacienFGM ModrianFGM SorayaFGM TolliAGM AizaAGM DakaraiAGM TilmontAGM Verse

Customer Experience: UpsellsSGM KhaladonFGM KyaliaAGM ElbrionAGM KaikalaAGM TaivenAGM VarulvCGM ElowenCGM StealthCGM Thanthyl

Customer Experience: Events & FestivalsSGM KitrinaASGM LothwynFGM ElnathFGM HadlirFGM JharraFGM YsbailAGM AndrasteAGM CroeAGM GyresAGM SchascleCGM FaradehCGM Khimaera

SGMSenior GameMasterASGMAssistant Senior GameMasterFGMFull GameMasterAGMAssistant GameMasterCGMContributing GameMaster

The biggest difference between these two teams is in their areas of concentration. Customer Experience is dedicated to day-to-day customer interaction. Customer Experience develops for GemStone too, but this is secondary to the number one priority of customer service interactions. Development, on the other hand, is dedicated to game development, with customer interactions being secondary.

Goals
The number one goal of the staff is to make GemStone IV the most entertaining game in the industry. To meet this goal, we answer assists/referrals/REPORTs, merchant, host events, update local town amenities, QC and bug fix, support our player organizations, such as PROs and CHEs, and improve game documentation every day.

We also plan development and event goals for the entire year. Below is a list of development and event goals for 2006, broken up quarterly.

First Quarter
Storyline 1 - Barrage of the Blight
River's Rest travel upgrade
Trash upgrade
SWEAR MINE command
SHOP POLICY command
Sympathy (1120)
Gems document
Planar Rift (740)
Ranged weapons for critters
Naginata conversion
Cysaegir justice
ESP upgrade
Bounties
Last names
Cobbling upgrade
Creature size update
SING enhancements
New shrines & arkati documents

Second Quarter
Storyline 2
Artisan Guild EXP
Armor alterations document
Alchemy
Artisan system review
Hunting Area 1
New Spell 540
Festival: Revel of the Anfelt
Mining / smelting
Windmill
Ta'Vaalor hunting adjustments
Web (118) update
FWI lockers
Player shop upgrade
River's Rest alarm system
New Spell 940
Spells 1115 and 1106 mods
New Spell 530

Third Quarter
SAY update
Premium homes update
Disease (716) update
Platinum area/hunting expansion
Ta'Vaalor bard guild
New Spell 320
Locks & traps evaluation
New AG skill
Hunting area 2
Elemental lore review
Premium Points - Titles

Fourth Quarter
Storyline 3
Ta'Vaalor / Mistydeep expansion
Deity-specific foes
New society
Festival: Ebon Gate - ALL NEW
Pegasus
FWI expansion
Giantman village expansion
Giantman document
Hunting area 3
Spiritual lore review
Tehir document

Platinum
In addition to the event goals above, the Customer Experience department is planning a special Platinum Summer Nights for our Platinum subscribers. Platinum members will also see a host of additional storylines and events created especially for them.

This message was originally posted in Discussions with Simutronics, 2006 Goals Discussion. To discuss the above follow the link below.

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=8&topic=4&message=6 (https://www.play.net/forums/redirect.asp?URL=http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=8&topic=4&message=6)

Latrinsorm
02-13-2006, 05:18 PM

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNNN

Bounties plz.

Gan
02-13-2006, 05:50 PM
Yea, the mods/updates for 1106, 1115, and 118 are sounding ominous. 1120 might be made useful eventually.

Lock/trap evaluation?

Huzzah for 3 high end wizard spells coming.

Yay for IFW lockers (if I decide to keep my premie status).

Hunting areas 1,2,3??? Hopefully an alternative high end area somewhere besides Illistim or the Rift?

Hmmmmmmmmmm.(ph!)

Ebondale
02-13-2006, 06:03 PM
Funny, I see nothing about Monks or Savants. >_>

radamanthys
02-13-2006, 06:37 PM
Or 750.

Numbers
02-13-2006, 06:46 PM
Some of those goals have been on that list for years.

Makkah
02-13-2006, 07:31 PM
GS is dying.

SpunGirl
02-13-2006, 07:38 PM
Hm, I notice GM Illusion is no longer on the list. Every time they post one of those re-orgs, I see a few GMs I didn't know existed (because they're more behind the scenes, I guess). I though GM Voraviel went to HJ?

-K

drigore
02-13-2006, 07:44 PM
Illusion doesn't work for Simu anymore, and Voraviel couldn't stand HJ from my understanding, so he came back to GS.

mgoddess
02-13-2006, 07:48 PM
ESP upgrade

Hahahahahahaha...

oh, and HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Yeah, right...

(Pardon my outburst...the list LOOKs like good times, we'll see how much of it actually MAKEs it..)

SpunGirl
02-13-2006, 08:08 PM
I notice breakage wasn't on the list. I drool for FWI lockers OMG awesome. That's like double storage. Crazy delicious!

-K

FinisWolf
02-13-2006, 10:28 PM
The big thing I was looking for was monks.

Le Sigh!

Finis

radamanthys
02-13-2006, 11:53 PM
First Quarter
*Storyline 1 - Barrage of the Blight
*Trash upgrade
SWEAR MINE command
SHOP POLICY command
*Sympathy (1120)
Gems document
Planar Rift (740)
Naginata conversion
Cysaegir justice
ESP upgrade
Bounties
Last names
Cobbling upgrade
Creature size update
SING enhancements

The starred ones I know were started or done. It's already halfway through the quarter. What else was done?

Moist Happenings
02-14-2006, 12:13 AM
Making half of that list > the 6 years between 1996 and 2002 where NOTHING new was added to GS ever.

Alfster
02-14-2006, 12:51 AM
**Please note that the above are the goals for 2006. These goals may change due to unexpected difficulties, unexpected progress in other areas, or a change of player priorities.

Ebondale
02-14-2006, 01:57 AM
First Quarter
*Trash upgrade
SWEAR MINE command
SHOP POLICY command
*Sympathy (1120)
Gems document
Planar Rift (740)
Naginata conversion
Cysaegir justice
ESP upgrade
Bounties
Last names
Cobbling upgrade
Creature size update
SING enhancements

The starred ones I know were started or done. It's already halfway through the quarter. What else was done?

SWEAR MINE was implemented as part of the Wavedancer if I am not mistaken? I heard something about the Naginata coversion as well but it may have just been discussion.

Czeska
02-14-2006, 08:45 AM
Naginatas had something done last week. I don't know what, but it was under ANNOUNCEMENTS.

Swear mine is in place, yes.

740 is still in the RP stage, I believe, but it's been started.

I'll be pleased to get last names for some of my characters again, without taking someone elses, hopefully.

What I really want to know is where the new Hunting areas will be. They really need to get the Teras one going.

Aaysia
02-14-2006, 08:52 AM
agreed on the teras thing.

Though having a high hunting area in zul sounds... appealing. Maybe it wont be a ghost town anymore if they use that as an attraction.

Moist Happenings
02-14-2006, 09:07 AM
what exactly is swear mine?

Goldenranger
02-14-2006, 09:13 AM
River's Rest travel upgrade has happened

Miss X
02-14-2006, 09:15 AM
GM's are now able to give us customised swear verbs. You can design them yourself and hope you win one. I've seen a few really good ones on the WD.

Also, no Vashkha on the org chart makes me sad. She rocked as Illistim guru! No Zilana either, I hope they are both just on LOA.

mgoddess
02-14-2006, 09:19 AM
First Quarter
*Trash upgrade
SWEAR MINE command
SHOP POLICY command
*Sympathy (1120)
Gems document
Planar Rift (740)
Naginata conversion
Cysaegir justice
ESP upgrade
Bounties
Last names
Cobbling upgrade
Creature size update
SING enhancements

As mentioned, the RR travel upgrade, SWEAR MINE, and naginata conversions are in. One of the automated quests on this week's WaveDancer has critters that are using ranged weapons, so I'm pretty sure those are close to being released...and of course, there's a small quest-type thing going on for 740.

Czeska
02-14-2006, 09:21 AM
What was changed for RR?

Latrinsorm
02-14-2006, 09:55 AM
Vaschka and Solli are probably the two biggest losses from last year, org-chart-wise. Thank God we've still got Coase.

firegirl
02-14-2006, 12:13 PM
Zilana is travelling too much on her everday Job that it has been hard for her to spend time GMing so she resigned if I heard correctly.

Solli was gone from the last list as well, wasn't he?

StrayRogue
02-14-2006, 01:06 PM
I bet $100 half of the big stuff on this list isn't done.

Ebondale
02-14-2006, 01:20 PM
what exactly is swear mine?

A personalized SWEAR verb if I'm not mistaken.

Shalla
02-14-2006, 01:28 PM
How does the last name feature work?

Fallen
02-14-2006, 02:12 PM
what exactly is swear mine? >>

Custom swear verb. about 20-30 people got it on the WD. Piss Evarin off to see a demonstration.

Latrinsorm
02-14-2006, 03:23 PM
How does the last name feature work?Your character gets a last name. Used to be that everyone had one upon rolling up, but apparently it got broken or something at some point.

mgoddess
02-14-2006, 04:06 PM
What was changed for RR?

Barrels were added on as an extra...people can be stuffed in a barrel for an extra cost, and are able to log out. Pretty much like the Star between Landing & Teras.

Drew2
02-14-2006, 06:14 PM
If 1106 is nerfed in any way, I'm bombing Simutronics.

No Joke.

The end.

FinisWolf
02-14-2006, 06:41 PM
LOL

I see it getting nerfed, can't have empaths pwning shit you know. They are supposed to be weaklings that can only heal, and of course, then that no exp from learning crap will come out.

/sarcasm

Finis

Czeska
02-14-2006, 06:55 PM
I saw no mention of mental spells... maybe that means i keep my 200's for another year?

That will ease my apprehensions when I see 1106 listed :twitch:

FinisWolf
02-14-2006, 07:10 PM
Yea, no monks/savants == no loss of the 200's for a bit.

Finis

~My guess anyway.

Jonty
02-14-2006, 09:01 PM
Yea, no monks/savants == no loss of the 200's for a bit.

Finis

~My guess anyway.

Unless they decide to test out the minor circle before they introduce two new classes. But they didn't say anything about a new spell circle anyway.

AnticorRifling
02-14-2006, 09:43 PM
New Spell 530

prep 530

You focus on preparing the underpowered, underwhelming, I spent how much mana?! spell known as why freakin bother.

Your spell is ready.

Cast rat

You forcefully use overused adjatives strung together in some uninspiring form to create a wall of text that everyone will squelch towards a giant rat

Nothing happens.

Prep 525
cast

Bitches.

Shari
02-14-2006, 11:21 PM
Everything about Anticor's post cracks me the fuck up.

Even his signature.

FinisWolf
02-15-2006, 02:44 AM
Unless they decide to test out the minor circle before they introduce two new classes. But they didn't say anything about a new spell circle anyway.

Good point, and agreed.

Finis

Drew
02-15-2006, 08:38 PM
GM Crusade isn't on the list, that's too bad.

Stunseed
02-15-2006, 08:58 PM
Crusade will hopefully be back, GS will definately be worse without him.

Miss X
02-15-2006, 09:20 PM
Just noticed no Mignon either. That would be a HUGE loss, she ruled.

Soulpieced
02-15-2006, 09:21 PM
Last I checked, Solli had still been posting on the main boards. Oh well.

Gigantuous
02-15-2006, 10:04 PM
XayleAGM

Damn, I wish they'd scrap her already.

Drew
02-16-2006, 03:14 AM
Last I checked, Solli had still been posting on the main boards. Oh well.

Solli is on LOA but still comes and goes. He'll stop by and help when he can but I don't think he's assigned to anything.

zhelas
06-14-2006, 03:57 PM
Anyone know where Simu is on their 2006 goals for GS4? Besides behind on schedule.

Soulpieced
06-14-2006, 04:48 PM
Behind Schedule Over Budget I'm sure.

Fallen
06-14-2006, 05:12 PM
No Fing ESP changes yet. ::mutters::

Makkah
06-14-2006, 06:39 PM
This written up and maintained by Belnia (and possibly others?) via the PsiNet command "?goals" :

[=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=]
Article "Goals" [AID #470]

First Quarter
*River's Rest travel upgrade
*Trash upgrade
*SWEAR MINE command
*SHOP POLICY command
*Sympathy (1120)
*Gems document
*Planar Rift (740)
*Ranged weapons for critters
*Naginata conversion
#Cysaegir justice (4/3/2006)
ESP
Bounties
Last names
Cobbling upgrade
*Creature size update
#SING enhancements (4/5/06)

Second Quarter
Storyline 2
Artisan Guild EXP
Armor alterations document
Alchemy
Artisan system review
Hunting Area 1
New Spell 540
*Ticketed Festival: Revel of the Anfelt
Mining / smelting
Windmill
Ta'Vaalor hunting adjustments
Web (118) update
FWI lockers
Player shop upgrade
River's Rest alarm system
New Spell 940
New Spell 530
&Rapid Fire update (to work with incant)
&Familiar emote update
&Aelotoi clerics/paladins

Third Quarter
SAY update
Premium homes update
Disease (716) update
Platinum area/hunting expansion
Ta'Vaalor bard guild
New Spell 320
Locks & traps evaluation
New AG skill
Hunting area 2
Elemental lore review
Premium Points - Titles

Fourth Quarter
Storyline 3
Ta'Vaalor / Mistydeep expansion
Deity-specific foes
New society
Ticketed Festival: Ebon Gate ALL NEW
Pegasus
FWI expansion
Giantman village expansion
Giantman document
Hunting area 3
Spiritual lore review
Tehir document

A * signifies that this goal has been met on time.
A # signifies that this goal has been met, but not on time.
A & signifies unplanned improvements that were also added.
A @ signifies that this goal has been met early. (HAHAHAHA)
Let's see how Simu does for the year.

Bobmuhthol
06-14-2006, 06:41 PM
<<Player shop upgrade>>

I hope that means "add 300 new Landing shops and own the shit out of the seller's market."

Makkah
06-14-2006, 06:47 PM
BTW, Mestys posted the other day that the Hunting Ground 1 will definitely not make it on time for Second Quarter.

Drew
06-14-2006, 07:19 PM
Yeah and pegasus were, thankfully, cancelled.

Stunseed
06-14-2006, 07:50 PM
FWI lockers will get done this quarter. Good thing the third quarter looks light, maybe they can play catch-up.

Fission
06-14-2006, 08:10 PM
If they follow standard quarters, that's a hell of a lot of 2nd quarter to try and get done in the next couple of weeks.

Stunseed
06-14-2006, 08:29 PM
Meh, I'm waiting to see if any of the three Wizard spells get released. Seeing those come out would prolly make my day, since any ALT EXP isn't going to. Bounties still haven't come out in Prime, and I don't think they've beta'd Mining/Smelting or the Windmill in any form. I could be mistaken, but someone's going to have to pull a rabbit out their ass to not get lynched.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
06-14-2006, 08:41 PM
LOL. Alchemy and a new spell in the next two weeks, who knew?!

I just set my expectations low, and then I'm constantly pleased. Developing shit in Gemstone has got to be crazy hard, since I seriously doubt anything is documented from years and years of spagetti code. I'm just happy it stays up most the time now :)

Makkah
06-14-2006, 08:46 PM
(alchemy and 3 new spells)

Asha
06-14-2006, 09:58 PM
704 Ithzir style fade out RSN.

Fallen
06-14-2006, 10:30 PM
The shop upgrade looks to be NPC clerks you can add to your store. That is what was discussed on the boards recently.

Latrinsorm
06-14-2006, 10:33 PM
It's baffling how they come up with these updates that no one really wanted or cares about, while the new professions continue to languish and hunting grounds are nowhere to be found. I know not every GM can work on any task, but there has to be at least SOME synergy possible.

zhelas
06-14-2006, 11:42 PM
It did seem that did a lot the first quarter and things have slowed down a bit.

Daniel
06-14-2006, 11:44 PM
It's baffling how they come up with these updates that no one really wanted or cares about, while the new professions continue to languish and hunting grounds are nowhere to be found. I know not every GM can work on any task, but there has to be at least SOME synergy possible.

What he said.