PDA

View Full Version : Ebon Gates News

Scott
10-16-2003, 08:52 PM
Hiyas Guys,

I haven't had a lot of time lately. I will try to get caught up on the Ebon Gate forums tomorrow.

However, I wanted to drop you guys a note about about plans for Ebon Gate (in case no one did already.)

Clearly, we originally intended Ebon Gate to be a GS4 event, so there were a number of items created for Ebon Gate that can only be used in GS4. So while we're in the process of converting most of it over to GS3, we have plans to open up a small area after we launch GS4. This area will contain all of the stuff that wouldn't function in GS3. (new shields, staves, new foods, etc. etc.)

I suspect somewhere along the line someone has asked why we don't change the date for Ebon Gate. Well, there are several reasons. First, Ebon Gate is a holloween event, so we don't want to get too far off season. Second, I know (from lots of experience now) that many users have a hard time rescheduling events once they're scheduled. Third, I don't want to make EG depandant on the release of GS4. It will just get messy.

So ... I think the best solution here is to release everything we had planned for Ebon Gate in the GS3 event which will occur at the regularly scheduled time. Then when GS4 is released we'll have an additional festival week with a small area (suitably SPOOKY, as per Ebon Gate) and entertain you there again, on a smaller scale ... and offer you all the rest of the goodies we had planned.

I hope this is acceptable to most, if not all of you.

Thank you all for your interest in Ebon Gate.

Melissa

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Reyek
10-16-2003, 08:58 PM
i wish they would tell us that a month ago

StrayRogue
10-16-2003, 09:00 PM
Piercings merchant everybody. Rawr.

Scott
10-16-2003, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
Piercings merchant everybody. Rawr.

They will be part of the GS4 release.

Oh and to just clear it up.... It's going to be like another festival that only Ebon Gate ticker holders can go too. It's suppose to be like a week long, it won't be as big as GS3 ebon though.

StrayRogue
10-16-2003, 09:06 PM
Good. Ebons was meant to be part of GS4.

JustMe
10-16-2003, 09:08 PM
This would explain why there isn't any information about it and why there are so many tickets left.

StrayRogue
10-16-2003, 09:13 PM
Erm, the list of Merchants is up.

AnticorRifling
10-17-2003, 12:19 PM
I wish I could go. Everthing I've heard about Ebon Gates of the past sound like fun, and I might actually get most of my outfit for Anticor fleshed out.

Reyek
10-17-2003, 05:32 PM
I still cant decide wether to go or not. Hmm what to do what to do! Oh and looky <~~~~~ Im about to level!

Skirmisher
10-17-2003, 05:52 PM
I always enjoyed Ebon Gate when I went.

I am not an alter/merchant hound or anythingand even I was always able to get at least one alter every time I went simply by accidentally walking in on a mechant.

The items for sale are normally fair to middling with some exceptional prizes to be found if you search hard enough which I never had the patience to do, but had enough friends who did who would clue me in.

A load of fun role playing to be found there as well with great atmosphere.