PDA

View Full Version : Hunting at 45.

Buckwheet
02-07-2006, 04:09 PM
I just recently came back after being gone for 3ish years and my rogue is now level 45.

I am currently hunting near Illistim at the trali's. The place is okay for getting xp, however the room movement is a little annoying. It looks like this place can hold me till 50 by moving to the east a little as there are beasts in the 48-50 range.

I am just wondering if there is a better place then where I am at.

I swing at 373 with a defense of 300 in offensive because I always have spirit spells and wizard spells on.

Just wondering what other people's opinions are.

Thanks!

Augie
02-07-2006, 05:23 PM
I'm pretty sure I was hunting in Darkstone Sents and Banshees back then. You can always try there. Or you can hit up troll kings and harbs if you're wanting to hunt in Landing.

Czeska
02-07-2006, 06:19 PM
Darkstone is horrible. If you want to hunt banshees, go to Teras.

Buckwheet
02-07-2006, 08:06 PM
I should have added that I really dislike hunting undead.

Its not that I can't as I have self charging blessing sheaths and the like, I just don't like doing it.

Someone mentioned Teras doing Devils or trying to uphunt to Pyrothags, I just remember that thags hurt a lot when you get hit.

Probably should also mention that I am a not a magical rogue at all so I don't mind taking a few hits in the open. I wear heavy padded mbp at the moment.

I tried the kings, they just take a while to get down, and maybe someone can clue me in, but it didn't appear you can crit sents or harbs.

I was using 117 items on the harbs and they just were not going down with shots to the head or neck.

I am just looking for a place to tide me over untill I can start doing the boars/vipers in Illistim, Teras, or Illoke in the landing.

Stunseed
02-07-2006, 08:19 PM
< I was using 117 items on the harbs and they just were not going down with shots to the head or neck. >

Unfortunately, Harbs are one of the few things that wear plate. At your train, using a guild skill or cman is pretty rough, too. My opinion is that you head for warm, sunny IceMule Trace. Greater Ice Giants for the living at 48 are beautiful, and if you can take the hit, move up to Pinefar for the ever perceptive polar bears, wooly mammoths, and sabre-tooths.

Buckwheet
02-07-2006, 09:12 PM
Thanks for the suggestion.

I am not terribly worried about the animals getting a hold of me.

I have good redux and nice armor. Besides..whats the fun in coming home in pristine condition all the time?

Gan
02-07-2006, 10:28 PM
Postern Gate Ilistim - Kiramon Defenders are 48 and easy to hunt/move around in.

Glacier (on same map) - Morphs, Slush, Madrinol's are 56,56,52 respectively. Definately your next step up if you're going to stay in Illistim in your 50's.

You're best bet is Gyldamar Forest - Horned Vortaz 48, Lesser Faeroth 46, Greater Faeroth 50. Vortaz are ranger based and love to spike. Faeroth's have a sickness associated when they injure you, it can be overcome by ringing out and resting. It doesnt happen every time they land a blow, but it does happen - watch your HP because it acts like poison or disease but can not be cured like them.

Buckwheet
02-08-2006, 12:50 AM
Yeah I tried some of them tonight.

Spike can suck!

Augie
02-08-2006, 10:33 AM
Heh I never even heard of half these places to hunt mainly cause I was past there when they came out. I need to work on gettin my baby characters up there so they can go to the new fun hunting places I missed out on.

Jolena
02-08-2006, 11:49 AM
I hunted the Sleeping Lady Mountains in Icemule (Greater Ice Giants) for a while at that train, (and I'm a non-magical rogue as well), then moved to Pinefar and hunted glacei, polar bears, mammoths, tigers etc. It was the best hunting I've ever had in both areas. I would personally reccomend that until you are 50'sh and then move to Darkstone to hunt Harbs and Kings.

Vimp
02-08-2006, 12:57 PM
Thread Hijack!!
The same question, but for a 60 train TWC veteran, preferrably Wehnimers side of the dragonspines?
Ta!

Augie
02-08-2006, 02:44 PM
Thread Hijack!!
The same question, but for a 60 train TWC veteran, preferrably Wehnimers side of the dragonspines?
Ta!

Stronghold or Darkstone.

Gan
02-08-2006, 03:16 PM
Thread Hijack!!
Ta!

Stronghold would be my preference, I hate darkstone unless I"m using my script to TK's.