PDA

View Full Version : How many times have you quit?

longshot
10-16-2003, 09:59 AM
Quitting will be defined as stopping payment on your account.

How many times have you quit?

StrayRogue
10-16-2003, 10:01 AM
When I quit, it wasn't by choice ;)

CrystalTears
10-16-2003, 10:04 AM
Once was by choice, once wasn't. Either way, I keep feeling like The Godfather. "Just when I'm out, they pull me back in." :D

Wezas
10-16-2003, 10:05 AM
Not necessarily a quit but I took a nice break when I got bored. Kept my account, just didn't go in for a few months. Then I checked one day and all these new things had happened. New Empath spells coming, Realloaction, Pickpocketing! And I'm even hanging around for GS4 to see what attack spells empaths get.

Parkbandit
10-16-2003, 10:05 AM
Once.. because my feelings were hurt when I was banned from the message board.

Bastards were all against me.. I swear.:sniffle:

[Edited on 10-16-2003 by Parkbandit]

StrayRogue
10-16-2003, 10:06 AM
The official boards? I'm not suprised. Unless you are running with the herd, you can't do much to the sanitized goodness of the American Govern...er Official Message Boards.

Edaarin
10-16-2003, 10:38 AM
Umm, through high school I suspended my account after the summer every year. Probably reactivated around New Year's every time too, heh. And I took a full year or so off between second semester of my junior year and second semester of my senior year.

longshot
10-16-2003, 12:19 PM
I quit my senior year of high school.

I didn't start playing again until after college.

Winter here in my hick ass Japanese town sucks, so I really got the urge to start again... I just didn't have internet yet at my apartment.

I really don't recommend that anyone play in college... I think quitting in college was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

Snapp
10-16-2003, 12:42 PM
I quit when Gemstone left AOL and went pay. ;) Then started back up about a year later.

JustMe
10-16-2003, 02:16 PM
I actually quit once, for 6 or 7 months, then my dumbass got bored and came back. Yeah, I'm going to go slap myself now. Fucking addictive text...

ElanthianSiren
10-16-2003, 02:17 PM
I quit once before, then I quit when I got deeply into another game. I don't think I'll ever go back to GS, but I enjoy reading about you all here :)

-Melissa

ps. Snapp, I love your quote.

StrayRogue
10-16-2003, 02:23 PM
Other game? Does it happen to begin with U? :P

AnticorRifling
10-16-2003, 02:57 PM
I never stopped paying but I did have a 6month period where I played like twice. I was in the field alot and moving between bases so I never got to set up and get connected to the internet. It was early on when I started playing and I didn't know you could just suspend your account heh.

HarmNone
10-16-2003, 04:20 PM
I quit once and have not returned. I do not know that I shall ever return. It is not the game I loved anymore.

HarmNone

AkMan
10-16-2003, 05:33 PM
Tip of the day. Always read the poll before answering.

Once I said I was going to quit, and didn't play for a good six months then came back. It was never the same for me though, I came back just because I had nothing better to do. Last summer I finally quit GS for good and unloaded all my accounts. I'll never level from 1 again, nor buy an account so I'm done for good.

Chadj
10-16-2003, 06:21 PM
Ive quit a whole lot... twice by choice.. not sure how many times against my will. Anyways, im not really addicted.. I dont go through GS withdrawal...

....anymore

Artha
10-16-2003, 07:00 PM
Once, a long, long time ago.

IcyPoison
10-16-2003, 07:51 PM
I've quit.... well, I guess I don't really know how many times I've quit. I've probably had 20 or more accounts and characters of all trainings.

I wish I could quit now but it truly is an addiction. Is there some type of subliminal messaging?

IcyPoison
10-16-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by AkMan
Tip of the day. Always read the poll before answering.

Once I said I was going to quit, and didn't play for a good six months then came back. It was never the same for me though, I came back just because I had nothing better to do. Last summer I finally quit GS for good and unloaded all my accounts. I'll never level from 1 again, nor buy an account so I'm done for good.

But you post about it! The addiction never stops!

Prosperanna
10-17-2003, 12:18 AM
I've quit about four times, because I would start playing at the beginning of winter break (I had a month off from school and nothing to do) and then cancel my account at the beginning of the semester. But I'd always come back within a year, so I never really lost my account. Now I'm back for good, because I'm done with school and don't have anything better to do. :)