PDA

View Full Version : I've been playing for XXX years

Pages : [1] 2

Soulpieced
10-15-2003, 10:01 PM
No you haven't. If you claim to have played Gemstone on only AOL, the longest you could possibly have been playing for is since Fall 1995 (8 years). If you were playing before 1995, you could not have used AOL, have lived in Kulthea, and not Elanthia, and you would be considered an "ICE *iron crown enterprises* Ager".

Final note, if you started playing Gemstone on AOL, you have NOT BEEN PLAYING FOR MORE THAN 8 YEARS.

Thank you.

http://elonka.com/SimuTimeline.html

Drew2
10-15-2003, 10:06 PM
Kryblue begs to differ.

Snapp
10-15-2003, 10:06 PM
That timeline is all lies! I've been playing GS for at least 20 years now!

Weedmage Princess
10-15-2003, 10:08 PM
NO

I've been playing Gemstone for 20 years on AOL only!!!

u r just jelos cuz i roX0r n u suX0r k thx http://hometown.aol.com/fungimagi/images/mad.gif

[Edited on 10-16-2003 by Weedmage Princess]

Weedmage Princess
10-15-2003, 10:09 PM
SNAPP READ MY MIND WTF

Drew2
10-15-2003, 10:12 PM
SNAPP IS GOOD AT READING SIMPLE THINGS.

Weedmage Princess
10-15-2003, 10:15 PM
*dropkicks Tayre in the face, locks him in a room for hours on end with Xcalibur and his man's cold*

Drew2
10-15-2003, 10:16 PM
OMFG NO XCALIBUR.

Drew2
10-15-2003, 10:16 PM
OMFG NO XCALIBUR.

Trinitis
10-15-2003, 10:19 PM
I remember when I started, and I started on aol. I started my freashmen year, that would be 94. :)

-Adredrin

Soulpieced
10-15-2003, 10:20 PM
Can you not read a simple timeline made by a Simutronics employee?! Gemstone didn't even EXIST on AOL. Meaning you could not physically access it because it's not there.

DCSL
10-15-2003, 10:21 PM
Man, what a crock. I've been on AOL since the '70s and we had GS3 back then!

Methais
10-15-2003, 10:35 PM
World of Warcraft doesn't exist yet. But when it does, I predict the first two expansions will be called The Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King.

Also, monks won't come out in 2004, or for many years after. Most likely never. Same with Savants.

In addition, a new 110+ area in the rift will open up in about 6 years that Simu doesn't know they're going to make yet. This will happen a few years after they release another post cap area on Teras called Temple Nelemar which will be out in about 3 years.

Also, a guy named Michaelous will get permabanned with the Belt of Kai, and several other high end items he bought for cash. Whoever has the belt (or any high end items) right now, please don't sell it to him.

Also, Khaladon, please bite your tongue on the officials in about 5 years. You will lose, and that will be bad for Gemstone. :(

AnticorRifling
10-15-2003, 10:36 PM
I started in Feb of 2000, I was in the desert and bored out of my skull. I train slow and in 3 yrs I've got 57 lvls. Fear the power.

Edaarin
10-15-2003, 10:37 PM
Heh, every time I saw Kryblue on eBay, I'd laugh at his ridiculously bad training and wonder how he got past level 30. Then reallocation hit, and the value of all characters went down. Damn you Simu!

Snapp
10-15-2003, 10:45 PM
Kryblue is an asshole.

Drew2
10-15-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Snapp
Kryblue is an asshole.

Exponentially.

Drew2
10-15-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Lady Daina
I concur with Snapp. He's a whiny, excuse-making, puffed-up, self-important, arrogant, ignorant, ooc jackass.

Yes, but what do you REALLY think about him?

Snapp
10-15-2003, 10:53 PM
Well if you ever talk to him, he gives the excuse that he's handi-capped in RL and is bi-polar among other mental illnesses..

Drew2
10-15-2003, 10:54 PM
He didn't give me that excuse. He's a horrible debator though.

Back
10-15-2003, 11:01 PM
I must have started late 95? Or 96? It was free on AOL at the time. Went through a couple of bards before I got one that worked well. Played for at least a year and a half? Then I left and had fun in other games. Reactivated my 33 level bard just this year.

Ravenstorm
10-15-2003, 11:09 PM
Funny you should post this now. As of this month, it's exactly 10 years since I started playing GS. Not that I expect anyone really cares. I'm just reminiscing and forcing you to skip over my post.

I started with an elven thief first named Finoril. I think I got him up to level 15? Maybe even 20. It was a lot harder back then. Months later, I wanted to try another character and thus was Ravenstorm born. I ended up liking the healer better than the 'teef' and eventually canceled that first account.

Damn. I wasted so much money. Ah well. I had fun at the time so it can't really be considered a waste. if I keep telling myself that I may believe it. :rolleyes:

Raven

CrystalTears
10-15-2003, 11:36 PM
Let's not discuss people's mental problems please. It's not necessary. Argue the character not the player.

Grandsome
10-16-2003, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by LordAdredrin
I remember when I started, and I started on aol. I started my freashmen year, that would be 94. :)

-Adredrin

I could have sworn that I started GS on AOL when I was in the 7th grade (which would be 94). Guess I'm wrong.

<shrug>

O well, it's not like I go around saying "Hey, I'm really kewl, I've been playing for a billion years, hur hur hur, I remember when we waved goat cheese to lure out rats, you should show me more respect, cause for the last 9 years, I've had absolutely no life and I know more people that knew people from the Ice age."

Not saying that everyone that states how long they've been playing mean this, but I do see it from time to time.

Mason

Grandsome
10-16-2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Edaarin
Heh, every time I saw Kryblue on eBay, I'd laugh

Everytime I see Kryblue in game, I laugh. My pervert wizard went invisible and watched him and some chick do the nasty in the deed place on Teras. Good times.

Mason

Methais
10-16-2003, 12:18 AM
I wonder who's been sold more...Kryblue or Icerolose.

Soulpieced
10-16-2003, 12:22 AM
See, now Ravenstorm I know of. I used to keep logs (on my old mac which was reformatted YEARS ago) of legends I saw. I'd pretty much copy and paste anyone over 60 years old because they were so rare back then.

Edaarin
10-16-2003, 12:30 AM
Methais, were you Methain too?

And I think the title of 'most passed around' goes to Recoil

Snapp
10-16-2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Methais

I really don't know if Kryblue has been "sold" as much as you think.. I just know he's always for sale.

Rowi
10-16-2003, 03:53 AM
Development of GSIV (later renamed to DragonRealms) begins

Hey there is hope!

theotherjohn
10-16-2003, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by Snapp

I really don't know if Kryblue has been "sold" as much as you think.. I just know he's always for sale.

Roy Bellete, I and another that I know have ownded Kryblue so my vote is with Kryblue.

I sold fast. His rep in game is so horrible even I couldnt stand to script hunt or pop boxes with him.

When I started playing Gemstone it was in the late 50s and PBM

Parkbandit
10-16-2003, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by CrystalTears
Let's not discuss people's mental problems please. It's not necessary. Argue the character not the player.

I thought the saying was ... "Hate the game, not the playa"

-Will Smith - Bad Boys II

Bestatte
10-16-2003, 08:03 AM
Heh that timeline's missing the inclusion of GS opening on Prodigy, with its own Unix-based front end. That happened around the same time that it opened on AOL. The difference was that the Prodigy portal was a direct port to server. AOL's went through..who the hell knows.

Dighn Darkbeam
10-16-2003, 08:35 AM
I remember starting to play in middle school with my friend, and im pretty sure he used prodigy to access the game.

Anyone want to give an idea of the least amount of time I could be playing if I managed to find the game on prodigy? I really cant remember the exact year I started.

Soulpieced
10-16-2003, 09:28 AM
started playing in late 94. I was 12 at the time.

Yes, parents were paying for AOL at the time.

It was incredibly expensive. Charged by the hour.

I'm post IceAge, though...and have never claimed to be an Ice Ager.

You can argue this all you want, but it's the truth. ::shrug::

I still don't see how that pertains to the ranger spell issue, though

Soulpieced
10-16-2003, 09:30 AM
Above was a quote by Adredin. He just doesn't get it.

Here is yet another timeline that proves he's an idiot.

http://www.legendmud.org/raph/gaming/mudtimeline.html

StrayRogue
10-16-2003, 09:43 AM
I started in the Xmas of 97 on a crappy per per minute provider.

CrystalTears
10-16-2003, 09:45 AM
I started in June 1997. I know because I was 6 months into my miserable marriage and wanted out, Gemstone was my mini-escape and my eternal trauma ever since.

Xcalibur
10-16-2003, 09:52 AM
march 2002 for me, just because I like role master and even if it's deiced, i think it is (was) very alike

Soulpieced
10-16-2003, 09:55 AM
I don't understand why with all of the evidence that I've posted that Gemstone didn't even EXIST on AOL, why he can still believe that he's been playing for that long. Boggles my mind how someone can be so stubborn on something they're so wrong about...

Halfsilver
10-16-2003, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Soulpieced
started playing in late 94. I was 12 at the time.

Yes, parents were paying for AOL at the time.

It was incredibly expensive. Charged by the hour.

I'm post IceAge, though...and have never claimed to be an Ice Ager.

You can argue this all you want, but it's the truth. ::shrug::

I still don't see how that pertains to the ranger spell issue, though

This quote is actually mine, SP...not Adredrin's.

And as I said in it, you can argue it untill your blue in the face. It's the truth, whether or not you wish to believe it is up to you. kthx.

-grays/d:yawn:

edited because I didn't mean to be so mean. It's too early. bleh.

[Edited on 10-16-2003 by Halfsilver]

Drew2
10-16-2003, 10:01 AM
Ok so he was one year off. He may have even been a few months off, depending.

Soulpieced
10-16-2003, 10:06 AM
Actually Tayre, it was fall circa August 1995 that it opened on AOL. Beta testing opened up in late spring or summer, and I doubt he knew anyone on AOL staff when he was 12 years old...

Drew2
10-16-2003, 10:07 AM
Give him a break. Maybe he had 90 degree hills around his house.

Soulpieced
10-16-2003, 10:09 AM
Are you insinuating Graysalin is Warclaidhm? Strange connection, yet possibly true. Both of a complete lack of intelligence and fail to look at FACTS, and are incredibly stubborn yet unwilling to listen.... hmmm..

CrystalTears
10-16-2003, 10:10 AM
Man I wish I had crackhead parents paying expensive hourly charges to play an online game when I was 12. I had to wait until I could pay my own way and get my own computer before I could do things like that. AND I'm an only child. So much for being a spoiled single child!

Parkbandit
10-16-2003, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Halfsilver

And as I said in it, you can argue it untill your blue in the face. It's the truth, whether or not you wish to believe it is up to you. kthx.

Here's a shovel... you've made a big enough hole.

Let it go and pretend you didn't fuck up or keep digging... the choice is yours.

But insisting on something that is impossible is foolish.

Drew2
10-16-2003, 10:12 AM
I've tried that argument, Crystal Tears. Apparently there are several people here that sucked on silver spoons and laugh at the poor kids who's parents wouldn't pay for such things at an age like that.

Drew2
10-16-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Parkbandit

Here's a shovel... you've made a big enough hole.

Let it go and pretend you didn't fuck up or keep digging... the choice is yours.

But insisting on something that is impossible is foolish.
Um... saying he can admit he was wrong is assuming he's human. You're jumping too far ahead for him there, Falgrin.

Soulpieced
10-16-2003, 10:14 AM
I wracked up approximately 1000 dollars in AOL bills between August and December 1996. And that got me to level 7. So you're telling us that your parents paid over 10000 dollars so their 12 year old could play a game that didn't exist on AOL in 1994? Let alone had an external modem < 28.8 which alone cost a few more hundred dollars at the time?

Makkah
10-16-2003, 10:16 AM
I started back in the day on Prodigy (maybe 96?). Never got into it until AOL Unlimited though.

rht

Soulpieced
10-16-2003, 10:19 AM
I'm sure he'll claim to have used the web to access Gemstone at that time too. Funny, Netscape 1.0 was released in December 1994. Do you think Graysalin was doing much websurfing during all that time he claims to have been playing Gemstone too?

Halfsilver
10-16-2003, 10:19 AM
OMG. It seriously is that important to you all. Jeezus.

My parents were paying that much, and I actually wasn't allowed...several months after I started playing, they had to lock the computer room door. I found ways around it and they eventually cancelled. We got it back when it went unlimited.

I remember playing in 94 on AOL, because it was a year after I moved to Maryland and I was in 7th grade. I remember quite clearly.

I tried to be cordial here, but you guys are just insisting on being evil. So there are two possibilities. Either my memory is off, or the timeline is wrong. I seriously doubt the first.

As to comparing me to Warclod, with the amount of intelligence expressed in tayre's joke name thread and the persistance in calling me out on this issue, I guess I could say the same about each one of you.

-grays/d:thumbsup:

StrayRogue
10-16-2003, 10:24 AM
Seriously, what does it matter to anyone when who started playing and when? Surely what matters is how one plays in the here and now, eh?

Soulpieced
10-16-2003, 10:25 AM
I remember playing in 94 on AOL, because it was a year after I moved to Maryland and I was in 7th grade. I remember quite clearly.

1995 - Gemstone III goes live on AOL

Soulpieced
10-16-2003, 10:26 AM
Here is a who full list of people playing in 1995. If you don't know any of these people, you have not been playing since 1994.

Brave Adventurers Questing:
Malvolio Finrod (Xar) Whilder
Wolfgar Ram Ameris Savvi
Tanasa Crimson Odds Kenner
Damorath Hawk Mithas Jarran
Pan Robyn Elke Vizuxa
Ducwiz Loric Dyras Kayla
Rayzor Darvian Tanus Maruko
Delatanon Frederick Silver Windowsphere
Gandalf Von Leera Bleys
Wittig Thibor Manny Oberon
Krisenfest Mern Hard Charms
Sleazy Miphnik Artias Greyslayer
Raphael Jander Crud Evynn
Seth
Active Players: 53

CrystalTears
10-16-2003, 10:28 AM
Just forget it Soulpieced. He says he's right and the facts from the timelines are wrong. I'd let it go if I were you cause you're not gonna win.

Drew2
10-16-2003, 10:28 AM
Wow. Graysalin has to be THE most arrogant/subborn/dumb person I've EVER heard of.

And if you know the people I've seen in my life, that's saying a LOT.

Soulpieced
10-16-2003, 10:29 AM
I've already proved through at least 5 different sources that Gemstone DID NOT EXIST ON AOL UNTIL 1995. That's in as plain English to prove he's wrong as anything I can imagine. And I doubt he's ever even HEARD of more than 2 people on that list. Yet he claims to have been playing since then? False.

Soulpieced
10-16-2003, 10:30 AM
Plus that was the ICE age, and he even SAID HE WASN'T AROUND IN THE ICE AGE.

Soulpieced
10-16-2003, 10:31 AM
Direct quote from Manny's site.

Offered here are glimpses of the games past, mostly from the ICE Age (1992-1995). It was during this time that the game went from a handful of players to over 100 all logged in at once. I'll continue to improve the offerings found here as time permits me.

Halfsilver
10-16-2003, 10:31 AM
Give me another list, SP. I remember some folks from way back then.

I'm sure I'll be able to recognize some.
None on that list, though.

-grays/d

Soulpieced
10-16-2003, 10:32 AM
Thalior Delatanon Elke Sydna
Hemlock Oberon Palma Thoth
Valwath Nakira Swift Thomar
Sha Dartaghan Leara Jarran
Ardrhi Elwing Rayzor Kalvaron
Ladydawn Kallek Odds Maruko
Heron Kayla Bolin Garet
Simon Kahlil Killishandra Manny
Ada Tahal Tolryc Quickhands
Siafore Rheannon Akido Raskel
Darien Hagar Elu Farabon
Elendil

Drew2
10-16-2003, 10:32 AM
Funny, since that's probably 90% of the people that played then. Which means you either interacted with 3 people or are lying.

Weedmage Princess
10-16-2003, 10:33 AM
I have a feeling something very dumb is going to be posted in the very near future.

Xcalibur
10-16-2003, 10:34 AM
Announcement: GemStone III will be shutting down at 10:55 AM EDT for a scheduled hardware upgrade. Downtime is expected to be anywhere from one to two hours. Please plan accordingly.

Do I win?

Weedmage Princess
10-16-2003, 10:35 AM
And there it is <points to the post above>

Yes, Xcalibur..you do.

Halfsilver
10-16-2003, 10:36 AM
I'm not lying, Tayre.

I understand that that is probably a pretty full list of people.

Maybe I am not remembering correctly. I would of bet money on it, though. ::scratches head::

I'll look into it, and tell you all what I find.
For now, though I have to go to work.
When I get back.... My five hundredth post!

-grays/d

Wezas
10-16-2003, 10:37 AM
I wracked up approximately 1000 dollars in AOL bills between August and December 1996. And that got me to level 7. So you're telling us that your parents paid over 10000 dollars so their 12 year old could play a game that didn't exist on AOL in 1994? Let alone had an external modem < 28.8 which alone cost a few more hundred dollars at the time?

You didn't use the free area trick? Such a shame.

Parkbandit
10-16-2003, 10:37 AM
Heh.. he chose to keep digging.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
10-16-2003, 10:39 AM
I worked at AOL and got free time back then, being a 'host' for NeverWinterNights. I loved that game, much as I love Gemstone now.

Makes me wonder what I'll be playing when GS runs off all their customers.

Edit: Had to add, not insinuating I played GS in 95, only that I got free time. I played NWN til about Feb 96 I think, then migrated to GS.

[Edited on 10-16-2003 by Suppa Hobbit Mage]

Xcalibur
10-16-2003, 10:40 AM
I'm sure halfsilver isn't lying. We, men, often got that damn selective memory to prove we're right.

I remember in 1994 when gemstone was live (or 95, whatever), was my good days, bars, women, ah the life.. ( i think :lol: )

Wezas
10-16-2003, 10:43 AM
Speaking of AOL, who still has their glaes spider charm?

Weedmage Princess
Maybe I am not remembering correctly. I would of bet money on it, though. ::scratches head::

-grays/d

I'm positive your timeframe is off a little over a year or so, Graysalin. Gemstone III wasn't on AOL back in 94. People on AOL back then for the most part were doing chat-room D&D style RPing. As a matter of fact, I could be wrong...but....wasn't it not even 3 yet that early? It might have been just Gemstone or Gemstone II? Not sure.

Edaarin
I remember back in 1994, I turned ten. My birthday cake only had one big candle 10 instead of a bunch of little ones that year.

So what's this thread about again?

EDIT: I gave my damn spider charm away. And my shimmering orb. Ugh. Next time when I quit I should just demonicize my characters so I'm not tempted to come back.

[Edited on 10-16-2003 by Edaarin]

Suppa Hobbit Mage
10-16-2003, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Wezas
Speaking of AOL, who still has their glaes spider charm?

I do, have that and my glaesine orb, airship charm, juggernaut pin, yada yada yada

Bestatte
10-16-2003, 10:47 AM
If memory serves (and maybe it doesn't)...

Gemstone was released "Live" in fall of 1995, as most accounts attest to. But it was available for betatesting prior to that. I'm not sure how long it was in beta, but I'm wondering if maybe there was an overlap between the old ICE system and GSL?

I don't remember there being one, but I would only have read about it, since I didn't start playing GS til around a month after Prodigy released ITS live (called gold in the mudworld) version, and that was around 4 months after it released its beta front end.

I started playing very late 1995. That much I know for sure. And I started on Prodigy. That much I also know for sure.

Oh and by the way - I opened a new account today - that 30 day free trial that doesn't require a credit card deal. Kinda annoyed me that the name Bestatte wasn't available. I wonder if they actually kept her, or if there's someone else playing with that name?

My stats SUCK. My skills SUCK. I'm level 2, with no deeds, re-learning the game from the ground up. Fun, in a nostalgic kinda way. Just don't ask me to turn on my amulet. It ain't gonna happen.

AnticorRifling
10-16-2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Bestatte
If memory serves (and maybe it doesn't)...

Gemstone was released "Live" in fall of 1995, as most accounts attest to. But it was available for betatesting prior to that. I'm not sure how long it was in beta, but I'm wondering if maybe there was an overlap between the old ICE system and GSL?

I don't remember there being one, but I would only have read about it, since I didn't start playing GS til around a month after Prodigy released ITS live (called gold in the mudworld) version, and that was around 4 months after it released its beta front end.

I started playing very late 1995. That much I know for sure. And I started on Prodigy. That much I also know for sure.

Oh and by the way - I opened a new account today - that 30 day free trial that doesn't require a credit card deal. Kinda annoyed me that the name Bestatte wasn't available. I wonder if they actually kept her, or if there's someone else playing with that name?

My stats SUCK. My skills SUCK. I'm level 2, with no deeds, re-learning the game from the ground up. Fun, in a nostalgic kinda way. Just don't ask me to turn on my amulet. It ain't gonna happen.

Hollar if you need anything.

Weedmage Princess
10-16-2003, 11:21 AM
It went live on Prodigy in 95? I thought it came to P* in early 96? That's when I started.

Bestatte
10-16-2003, 11:22 AM
Thanks, but I'm gonna try it as if I was truly a newbie - and I kinda am, been away from the game so long I can barely remember anything!

Call it an experiment, I guess. To see if the magic's still there. I got killed at level 1, healed and rezzed by a duo who actually attempted to RP out the situation. Granted it wasn't stellar RP..but they didn't pull any "u need better eq" crap on me, so I give them props for that.

I have, however, come to the conclusion that I hate the verblist. I like emoting much better. I also like being able to direct what I say to specific people...so that a whole room of people doesn't assume I'm talking to them, when I'm actually trying to talk to just one person, out loud, without having to resort to whispering.

Like..

Bestatte says to Anticor, "Thanks, I appreciate the offer."

Anticor would see:

Bestatte says to you, "..."
I would see:
You say to Anticor, "..."
and everyone else would see the first one.

CrystalTears
10-16-2003, 11:55 AM
Actually the Stormfront lets you speak directly to other people. I honestly don't remember how it's worded to be able to do it in the regular game, if it's even available in GS3 or just a GS4 thing. I was in there yesterday and someone spoke to me just as you said, so it is available. :)

Bestatte
10-16-2003, 12:07 PM
In some muds it's "sayto" and in other muds it's "tell"

I'd love to see directed acts though..there are only a VERY few games that have it, but it's awesome.

I would type:

emote snorts derisively at ~crystaltears before turning toward the door.

You'd see:

Bestatte snorts derisively at you before turning toward the door.

everyone else would see:

Bestatte snorts derisively at Crystaltears before turning toward the door.

Also to be able to insert yourself in the middle of emotes (acts) instead of just the beginning of them:

With a derisive snort at Crystaltears, Bestatte turns toward the door.

which is done like this:

emote with a derisive snort at ~crystaltears, @ turns toward the door.

Mostly though, I just like snorting at Crystaltears.

CrystalTears
10-16-2003, 12:10 PM
I'm noticing. :P

ElvenRangeress
10-16-2003, 12:14 PM
You guys are ALL so mother fucking rude. I mean look at yourselves. NO GRAYSALIN YOUR WARCLAIDHM, YOUR STUPID, YOU DON'T KNOW WHEN YOU STARTED PLAYING GS! I mean listen to yourselves. I know you guys can be more civil than this, I've seen it. How the heck do you know when he started playing? And do you seriously care that much about it? Please you guys calm down a bit, I know you are all better than this.

Edaarin
10-16-2003, 12:16 PM
Well, who didn't see that coming.

But I agree, it's sort of pointless to argue about it. Damn it Soulpieced, why did you put this thread in my folder! Giving it to Peam and Tsa'ah.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
10-16-2003, 12:29 PM
I saw that post coming just like every time Tayre posts Daina posts supporting him and vice versa. Its a tag team duo that, right or wrong, is sure to happen.

ElvenRangeress
10-16-2003, 12:30 PM
But you have to admit, bickering back and forth will never solve anything.

CrystalTears
10-16-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by ElvenRangeress
You guys are ALL so mother fucking rude. I mean look at yourselves.

No look at YOURself, coming here insulting everyone, being even worse than the rest of us, for debating something. Let him handle this, or do we need to give you the lecture we gave him long ago?

Had he just admitted that there was a possibility that he was wrong, this wouldn't have gone on as long as it has.

Perhaps a bit much to get this voiceful over, although this ticks off plenty of people, so I can understand SP's desire to get the facts out in the open, since it IS aggravating to hear someone mention how long they've been playing when the people who were there too know the truth.

That's like me saying to my boss that I've been working at the company since it opened in 1985 when he shows me a company timeline and shows me that it was opened in 1990 and being adamant about the company records being wrong. It's rather ridiculous.

ElvenRangeress
10-16-2003, 12:32 PM
<~~~~ In love with Daina's ranger girl blinkie.

ElvenRangeress
10-16-2003, 12:34 PM

No look at YOURself, coming here insulting everyone, being even worse than the rest of us, for debating something. Let him handle this, or do we need to give you the lecture we gave him long ago?

Had he just admitted that there was a possibility that he was wrong, this wouldn't have gone on as long as it has.

Perhaps a bit much to get this voiceful over, although this ticks off plenty of people, so I can understand SP's desire to get the facts out in the open, since it IS aggravating to hear someone mention how long they've been playing when the people who were there too know the truth.

That's like me saying to my boss that I've been working at the company since it opened in 1985 when he shows me a company timeline and shows me that it was opened in 1990 and being adamant about the company records being wrong. It's rather ridiculous.

Whether he's wrong in your opinion or not, there is no reason to jump at someone. So he was off a year, people make mistakes. But you guys are so much better than this, all jumping at one person isn't really a good way to deal with something like this. How about talking directly to the person, something a little more professional maybe... :?:

CrystalTears
10-16-2003, 12:37 PM
Good lord woman, why do you even post on a public message boards if you only want people to respond privately?

And no one's saying they are better than him, that's what he's been doing actually. We've been posting out facts and he denies them saying he's right. He doesn't want to admit there's a POSSIBILITY that he is wrong. But whatever. I just didn't appreciate you coming in here foaming at the mouth just to insult people in a debate.

ElvenRangeress
10-16-2003, 12:39 PM
I'm not insulting, I'm stating a fact. Comments that were made were seriously rude. And you know that. Sorry I said everyone, its actually directed to just a few people, but you know who you are. I know you can deal with things better CT, this just isn't like you.

CrystalTears
10-16-2003, 12:42 PM
Eh? I didn't care if it was including me or not. I'm saying I didn't appreciate you coming here strictly to insult those involved in the debate.

ElvenRangeress
10-16-2003, 12:43 PM
As I said, it wasn't directed to everyone, just a few people. I'm sure they know who they are.

ElvenRangeress
10-16-2003, 12:44 PM
Man I wish I had crackhead parents paying expensive hourly charges to play an online game when I was 12. I had to wait until I could pay my own way and get my own computer before I could do things like that. AND I'm an only child. So much for being a spoiled single child!

This is what I'm talking about.

CrystalTears
10-16-2003, 12:45 PM
::bangs her head and twitches over to the Right Brothers::

Even if it was directed to one person, the insult was uncalled for. Or would you rather I delete this back and forth and just edit your post to explain what I mean?

Oh but it wasn't directed at me? And now you're quoting me?! :lol:

Incidently, that was a serious statement, not a stab at anyone including Grays. My mother never paid that kind of money for any hobby of mine. And you can bet I would NEVER pay amounts in the hundreds for an online game for my 12 year old. If I did, I would fully expect people to call me a crackhead.

[Edited on 10/16/2003 by CrystalTears]

ElvenRangeress
10-16-2003, 12:49 PM
Ct, dear. This wasn't a flame/insult towards everyone here. But you must admit, the quote I posted above from you was uncalled for. Calling someone rude is not an insult, its an opinion. I'm like you, overly opinionated.

edited to answer CTs edit hehe..: Wouldn't you want your child to be interested in a game that teaches them to read better, improve typing skills, and more? GS to me used to be like a story ... (until the idiots entered.)... I'll finish this in a bit have to run.

[Edited on 10-16-2003 by ElvenRangeress]

CrystalTears
10-16-2003, 12:50 PM
Okay. Atheana and Grays win. They're always right. I give up.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
10-16-2003, 12:52 PM
I think CT is so hot. You single?

Xcalibur
10-16-2003, 12:54 PM
Will work for fluff, please ttm
Will harass for fluff, please ttm
will do whatever for fluff, please ttm

CrystalTears
10-16-2003, 12:54 PM
:lol: No, but my characters are so I live vicariously through them.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
10-16-2003, 12:55 PM
Damn. Another one off the market!

Back
10-16-2003, 01:02 PM
I have, however, come to the conclusion that I hate the verblist. I like emoting much better. I also like being able to direct what I say to specific people...so that a whole room of people doesn't assume I'm talking to them, when I'm actually trying to talk to just one person, out loud, without having to resort to whispering.

In GSIV...

say :<person> <message>

say :bestatte this is how it works

Backlash says to Bestatte, "This is how it works."
Backlash says to you, "This is how it works."

GSIV will also auto-cap and punctuate.

Parkbandit
10-16-2003, 01:12 PM
Whether he's wrong in your opinion or not, there is no reason to jump at someone. So he was off a year, people make mistakes. But you guys are so much better than this, all jumping at one person isn't really a good way to deal with something like this. How about talking directly to the person, something a little more professional maybe... :?:

Whether he is right or wrong isn't an opinion if what he was claiming could not have happened. He was wrong.

Instead of letting it die and going on with life, he chose to state that he wasn't wrong when faced with the facts.

THAT is where people have an issue with him.

Do I really care if he was here for 9 or 19 years? Couldn't care less... but don't continue to stick by your story when the proof is solidly against you.

Parkbandit
10-16-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Backlash
[quote]
In GSIV...

say :<person> <message>

say :bestatte this is how it works

Backlash says to Bestatte, "This is how it works."
Backlash says to you, "This is how it works."

GSIV will also auto-cap and punctuate.

Sweet. Looking forward to that change.

Bestatte
10-16-2003, 01:21 PM
That's excellent, Backlash! Finally Gemstone is getting with the program. Other games (not just the ones I've played - we're talking hundreds here) have had this implemented like - forever. The Diku code comes with a snippet just for the purpose.

If only Whatley wasn't so myopic and took a LOOK at what some of these other games can do, they'd have had this stuff implemented years ago.

But then - if I hadn't been so myopic when I started playing GS, I wouldn't have played as long as I did.

But it's great to see them catching up. Hopefully the rest of the gaming world won't be decades ahead by the time they get where the others are now.

And yes, this was a rant against the backwards thinking of Simutronics, in case you thought it was sarcastic. It isn't. I'm dead serious.

Edaarin
10-16-2003, 01:34 PM
Oh my god, stop throwing around SAT words.

I actually used the word myopic in my application essays.

Methais
10-16-2003, 01:47 PM
<<Maruko>>

That guy had the one of the coolest items I've ever seen, that backpack. Simmer's had it now for years but it was originally Maruko's. If you see Simmer running around, kill him just so you can see the messaging on it. ;)

Soulpieced
10-16-2003, 01:50 PM
I've played with Maruko's light saber before Methais.

Back
10-16-2003, 01:51 PM

You realize how that sounds? Heh.

Soulpieced
10-16-2003, 01:53 PM
Actual description was a six-inch metal rod...

CrystalTears
10-16-2003, 01:57 PM
You guys are getting me all excited here.

Methais
10-16-2003, 02:03 PM
How is a 6 inch metal rod a lightsaber? Sounds more like just a lightsaber handle to me.

StrayRogue
10-16-2003, 02:12 PM
Note to all: CT = mine.

Edaarin
10-16-2003, 02:37 PM
Simmer's gone, and he took all his stuff with him. That ass!

GS4Gurl
10-16-2003, 05:11 PM

Slut

HarmNone
10-16-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Edaarin
Simmer's gone, and he took all his stuff with him. That ass!

He took the six-inch metal rod, too? You guys let him do that? He should have been stopped!:o

HarmNone is devastated

AkMan
10-16-2003, 05:28 PM
Dang. This is too funny. I still can't believe people insist they've been playing for (insert random # of years here). The point of this post wasn't to slam anyone in particular, it was to try to get some facts straight. And in typical PC fashion, we always have the 'YOU ARE WRONG I'M FUCKING RIGHT I'VE PLAYED SINCE 1900'.

So SP shows some timelines. Of course, the timelines must be wrong SP.

I don't know about other people, but when *I* am mistaken, I'll be the first one to say it. Why is it other people keep diggin a hole tryin to argue a stupid issue. My god dude, who cares if you started in 94 or 95? Just get your facts straight and don't try to argue the timeline. I'm pretty sure simu has ACCURATE records and know when they went on AOL.

I started playing in may of 1998 so I'm not even going to get into the debate. Guess I'm a noobie.

theotherjohn
10-16-2003, 05:31 PM
You guys are ALL so mother fucking rude.

:smilegrin:

ElvenRangeress
10-16-2003, 05:46 PM
As I said, I shouldn't have put all. It was in the heat of the moment basically. ;o)

ElvenRangeress
10-16-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by AkMan
Dang. This is too funny. I still can't believe people insist they've been playing for (insert random # of years here). The point of this post wasn't to slam anyone in particular, it was to try to get some facts straight. And in typical PC fashion, we always have the 'YOU ARE WRONG I'M FUCKING RIGHT I'VE PLAYED SINCE 1900'.

So SP shows some timelines. Of course, the timelines must be wrong SP.

I don't know about other people, but when *I* am mistaken, I'll be the first one to say it. Why is it other people keep diggin a hole tryin to argue a stupid issue. My god dude, who cares if you started in 94 or 95? Just get your facts straight and don't try to argue the timeline. I'm pretty sure simu has ACCURATE records and know when they went on AOL.

I started playing in may of 1998 so I'm not even going to get into the debate. Guess I'm a noobie.

Grays stated in his post he could of been wrong. Meaning he started around 94. So if it wasn't 94, you go up a year. I mean its not that important, is it? He didn't say oh screw you bla bla bla I DID START IN 1994!!!! BLALLALAL! He said, I could be wrong about it, but it was around that time.

Chyrain
10-16-2003, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling
I started in Feb of 2000, I was in the desert and bored out of my skull. I train slow and in 3 yrs I've got 57 lvls. Fear the power.

thats okay. I started in 98 and my character that I've had since then is only 57 trains.

Weedmage Princess
10-16-2003, 06:14 PM
Uhm Atheana he didn't say he "might" have been wrong until after the fact. Initially, he said he started in 94, and when told it wasn't possible, that Gem didn't go live til 95, he argued that he DID in fact play in 94. Again, it was quite a while later until he said he might be mistaken.

I'm gonna say something, and it's not meant as an insult, it's meant as just a bit of advice, but you can take it how you wanna, as I'm sure you know...I don't care really. People are going to say things that you might not like, both here on the boards and when you deal with them face to face. Just because YOU might find it rude or might not want to hear what is being said...doesn't mean it "shouldn't" be said. That's the way the world works. It doesn't revolve around your wants. The sooner you face that...that and you have to take responsibility for your actions--you'll be better off.

[Edited on 10-16-2003 by Weedmage Princess]

Hulkein
10-16-2003, 06:19 PM
I first played Gemstone sometime in '95, I was 11... Probably a year later did I actually get a character to buy.. GASP.. MITHRIL! It was a purple mithril broadsword, it was my cherished item, ENCHANTED! I got it registered of course, immediatly.

Heh, then me and my old friend gathered a hunting party from the catacombs and went into DANJIRLAND, when it really was dangerous for the majority of players. Hill troll took out two of the guys, we made a run for it, another one took down another person and my friend and gave me a bleeder, but I had a purple mithril broadsword so I was alright.. I went south, sat down (not knowing you didn't have to sit to tend yourself) and tended my arm, nice long round time. The troll came in and finished the job, my purple mithril broadsword was dropped and forever lost.

I actually asked the gods for it back since it was registered, and when they told me no deal I re-explained it was MITHRIL, and ENCHANTED. Hah, good times. My name was Thrainn I think, got him to around level 15 when I realized his TD was around 6 and hunting wasn't going to work much longer.

CrystalTears
10-16-2003, 06:25 PM

So there are two possibilities. Either my memory is off, or the timeline is wrong. I seriously doubt the first.

This is his latest post before he was trying to figure out who anyone was in the list of people playing at the time.

I don't see where he said he might be wrong. If anything he's implying that the timelines are.

But if he insists that he was playing during one of the ICE age years and in the same breath say he was never playing during the ICE age, it just makes his story not work. It's one or the other.

Seriously though, I don't care how long one has been playing. It obviously has no bearing on whether someone can roleplay or hunt efficiently. It doesn't have any relevance to any opinion other than perhaps to speak of the situations that happened back then. Other than that, it just seems like an ego thing.

But when someone calls you on your error, at least admit that you were wrong, or agree that it could be a possibility. To refuse and deny that you could actually be wrong just makes it that much more irritating to deal with.

ElvenRangeress
10-16-2003, 08:28 PM

So there are two possibilities. Either my memory is off, or the timeline is wrong. I seriously doubt the first.

This is his latest post before he was trying to figure out who anyone was in the list of people playing at the time.

I don't see where he said he might be wrong. If anything he's implying that the timelines are.

But if he insists that he was playing during one of the ICE age years and in the same breath say he was never playing during the ICE age, it just makes his story not work. It's one or the other.

Seriously though, I don't care how long one has been playing. It obviously has no bearing on whether someone can roleplay or hunt efficiently. It doesn't have any relevance to any opinion other than perhaps to speak of the situations that happened back then. Other than that, it just seems like an ego thing.

But when someone calls you on your error, at least admit that you were wrong, or agree that it could be a possibility. To refuse and deny that you could actually be wrong just makes it that much more irritating to deal with.

Uhm that wasn't his *last* post before he left, why don't you take a look at the other one. He also mentioned in that one he'll be back later to finish this all off. He didn't leave whining like a baby sayin you're wrong, whatever whatever. He said I'll be back later. I mean I just talked to the guy on the phone! I asked if he started in '95, he said it was 94' or '95. But he can tell you that when he gets chance to talk here. Until then perhaps you should just drop the fact you think he's this that or the other, okay? At least let the guy talk too.

ElvenRangeress
10-16-2003, 08:30 PM
I'm not lying, Tayre.

I understand that that is probably a pretty full list of people.

I'll look into it, and tell you all what I find.
For now, though I have to go to work.
When I get back.... My five hundredth post!

-grays/d

His *last* post.

CrystalTears
10-16-2003, 09:02 PM
Gawd. If you're going to quote me, at least read what I said.

Like Weedmage said, he's changing his story after the fact, but he hasn't said it here yet. But yes dearest, I will let it go until he comes back, since he just didn't have the time before to confirm anything. How convenient. :smug:

Methais
10-16-2003, 09:17 PM
<<GS to me used to be like a story ... (until the idiots entered.)... >>

Atheana says, "that's fucked up"

Atheana just went out.

What a story! w00t!

[Edited on 10-17-2003 by Methais]

Methais
10-16-2003, 09:24 PM
<<If only Whatley wasn't so myopic and took a LOOK at what some of these other games can do, they'd have had this stuff implemented years ago.>>

Whately barely even knows how his own games work, nevermind other games.

<<Simmer's gone, and he took all his stuff with him. That ass!>>

Once in a great while Simmer pops up.

<<but I had a purple mithril broadsword so I was alright..>>

I remember when my character got his first mithril broadsword, I thought he was the man. And when he finally got a VULTITE (w00t!) broadsword, his dick musta grown about 3 feet.

Ah those were the days when you got a REAL feeling of accomplishment in GS.

Brat8525
10-16-2003, 09:35 PM
I still have to wonder why in hell it even matters when who started? Does it give you some IG status?

So what if you know they are BS'ing about when they started playing. Sheesh all these posts about who is right and who is wrong.

Having been in GS since its birth is NOT a status symbol folks......really.

Weedmage Princess
10-16-2003, 09:43 PM
No, it doesn't matter who started when. I'll tell you what DOES matter though....although I'm sure it's going to go ignored ONCE AGAIN, cause it has despite having been mentioned numerous times.

This is about some people's inability to not be able to gracefully accept that they've made a mistake, but instead sit there and argue, trying to make it look like other people (who are right) don't know what the hell they're talking about. Had he just said "You know I could be wrong, I'm not sure, I think 94" instead of arguing--vehemently might I add--that he did, and trying to make other people look stupid, perhaps this wouldn't be an issue.

Quite frankly, especially after Atheana's little tantrum, I am enjoying seeing the humble pie get passed around.

~Weedie, who can admit mistakes when she makes them.

[Edited on 10-17-2003 by Weedmage Princess]

ElvenRangeress
10-16-2003, 09:48 PM
Didn't have any tantrum. What I did get was offended that alot of people started jumping at one person. Whether it's my man or anyone else. It wasn't right. I'm not saying anyone is horrible or whatever, what I am saying is that I expect better from you guys. Stop making excuses on how he's doing this that or the other to provoke your harassment, just listen to the guy for once and stop jumping to conclusion when he's not even around to explain himself.

Weedmage Princess
10-16-2003, 09:55 PM
Eh...?

Jumping to conclusions? WTF are you talking about? Don't answer...I'm sure you really don't know.

Dude SAID he started in 94. After being told REPEATEDLY that Gem didn't go live til 95, he CONTINUED to say it. It wasn't til well after the fact, well after he's argued over and over that he DID start in 94--no matter what ANYONE ELSE wants to believe (I do believe that was the line he used in one of his posts) he decided to say "Oh well..uh..maybe I got my times mixed up."

He said what he said...No one is "jumping to conclusions" so stop it. Make sure you use phrases/cliches in the right context, please.

AGAIN. Had he not tried to make it look like everyone else had no idea what the hell they were talking about, I think it'd be a dead issue.

ElvenRangeress
10-16-2003, 10:01 PM
Oh give it up. I'm sick of this crap. Ohhhh he won't listen to us wahhhhhhh complain complain bitch bitch moan moan. Just shut up already. I'm really getting annoyed that you people think you can just put people out like that, its messed up and you know it. He didn't post like 50 times saying that you're wrong he's right. So stop with the ... but he said this!!! It's BS, and I don't want to hear it. He posted about two or three times, saying he might be messed up, and he apologized that he did in fact sound rude on his first post. So stop acting like he's this evil creature who is just out to prove you wrong. You know thats not true so stop it.

(And I wasn't directing the conclusion statement to you, so stop assuming everything I say is for you, I promise its not.)

StrayRogue
10-16-2003, 10:04 PM
Atheana, please, you are doing yourself and Gray no good. He was wrong, and I think he slowly started to realize that. I'm not saying these people have any right to condemn him for that, but I am saying that he was wrong.

ElvenRangeress
10-16-2003, 10:05 PM
Oh I'm not saying he was right, wrong, or anything. I was just stating that attacking someone into telling them what they want to hear was rather immature, and not necessary. Thats all.

StrayRogue
10-16-2003, 10:07 PM
Erm, well SP posted very valid info in a very calm manner. I don't think you have the right to point fingers at who started the flames first. And as I say, if you don't like it here, you don't have to come back. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen, so to speak...

Weedmage Princess
10-16-2003, 10:08 PM
LMAO!!! I have this image of you sitting behind the computer, your face all red, shaking, probably with tears running down your cheeks, spazzing out. You have problems.

No one's calling him evil, atleast I'm not. All I'm doing is saying what he said, and commenting on the situation. And you know what? THAT IS HOW FORUMS WORK. If you post things on a board (and he did, go read it if you wanna) people are gonna comment on it. If you have this much of a problem with it..perhaps you should reconsider posting on forums. Quit overreacting, and take your own damn advice about growing up already.

Oh, by the way, I'm being facetious and you shouldn't take this as being directed at you, cause it might not be...etc. etc. etc. etc. :lol:

**edited to correct a spelling error I made while laughing.

ElvenRangeress
10-16-2003, 10:09 PM
I enjoy the forums, and the people here. But the things I've seen on this thread were very cold. I mean look at Tayre for example. He called grays stubborn, etc. etc. I mean that was cold-hearted, and not called for. Graysalin didn't say he's wrong or anyone is wrong for that matter, at least from my point of view. I mean he *did* correct himself on his first post.

ElvenRangeress
10-16-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Weedmage Princess
LMAO!!! I have this image of you sitting behind the computer, your face all red, shaking, probably with tears running down your cheeks, spazzing out. You have problems.

No one's calling him evil, atleast I'm not. All I'm doing is saying what he said, and commentiong on the situation. And you know what? THAT IS HOW FORUMS WORK. If you post things on a board (and he did, go read it if you wanna) people are gonna comment on it. If you have this much of a problem with it..perhaps you should reconsider posting on forums. Quit overreacting, and take your own damn advice about growing up already.

Oh, by the way, I'm being facetious and you shouldn't take this as being directed at you, cause it might not be...etc. etc. etc. etc. :lol:

Trust me, nothing on the forum gets me upset enough to express it off the computer. So don't think it. ;)

edited: And if you really do think this, maybe you're the one with the problems... :smug:

[Edited on 10-17-2003 by ElvenRangeress]

StrayRogue
10-16-2003, 10:11 PM
WTF, calling someone stubborn isn't wrong. Its a word, a trait, a trait some people find endearing. He could have called him a fucking stone headed pig. He was diplomatic. It wasn't us either to jump in saying "You are all fucking fucks" either.

StrayRogue
10-16-2003, 10:13 PM

That tickled me. :lol:

ElvenRangeress
10-16-2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Tayre
Wow. Graysalin has to be THE most arrogant/subborn/dumb person I've EVER heard of.

And if you know the people I've seen in my life, that's saying a LOT.

This is actually what set off my trigger. Why the heck would anyone be so cold to someone they have never even met? Its horrible.

Weedmage Princess
10-16-2003, 10:14 PM
Trust me, nothing on the forum gets me upset enough to express it off the computer. So don't think it. ;)

So you say, so you say.:bouncy: :saint:

Weedmage Princess
10-16-2003, 10:16 PM
I'm serious, whenever I read one of her posts along these lines, that's what I envision. I didn't mention the shouting and various objects flying around the room, either.

I'm trying to watch the ballgame. Hee.

ElvenRangeress
10-16-2003, 10:16 PM
If it truly did, I'd probably be on America's most wanted babe ;)

Weedmage Princess
10-16-2003, 10:20 PM
This is actually what set off my trigger. Why the heck would anyone be so cold to someone they have never even met? Its horrible.

WHO THE HELL CARES?

People are going to say things, express their thoughts and you aren't going to always like it? That's LIFE. Guess what??? It's not only going to happen here on Player's Corner, either. It's gonna happen when you meet people face to face. Granted, it might not have been a compliment, but it's not so God awful either that it would warrant a spaz attack on your part, either. What's even MORE funny is....I have a sneaking suspicion that you're taking this more personally than Graysalin is. (I could be wrong though...HEY DID I JUST ADMIT I MIGHT BE WRONG? WELL HOT DAMN!)Really though, you're beyond thin-skinned. You're like....skinless or something. You need to get over that.

StrayRogue
10-16-2003, 10:20 PM
Dude, you are not alone ;)

Chyrain
10-16-2003, 10:27 PM
oh my god. shut up already. This is about a game and a year. if you really care either way...you've got serious problems and need to evacuate the forums immediately and take a walk outside.

He may have been in whatever grade in 1994. But school years incorperate TWO YEARS. If he started playing in whatever grade, he probably started that grade in 94, but when he actually started playing it was 1995.

There. mystery solved.

Weedmage Princess
10-16-2003, 10:37 PM
Looks like my "no one really cares when he started" post went ignored again.

*laughs*

Suppa Hobbit Mage
10-16-2003, 10:40 PM
Tayre got bitched slapped by Atheana. Much as I don't see eye to eye with Tayre, that just ain't right.

Tayre, you gotta BDA. (Beat that Ass). Come on man, talk about her natural blue eyes and red hair when ya do it too. Maybe you could illustrate for her that your comment about Graysalin was perhaps, abrasive, the

You guys are ALL so mother fucking rude.
Might perhaps be construed as more abrasive.

Maybe the 15 posts following in true temper tantrum fashion also illustrated a maturity of a 3 year old.

I dunno though, I don't want to steal any of what is sure to be a nice response, full of informative sentences and proper gramar and spelling.

ElvenRangeress
10-16-2003, 10:48 PM
Are you blind? Read a few posts under that, I said I should of used another word besides *all*. Would you be happy if I edited it? Just won't look right since it's been quoted ... But whatever floats your boat. And I was *NOT* attacking Tayre (I personally think he's nice), what he said though really bothered me. Why would I sit here and watch people insult the love of my life, would you seriously do that? Sure they can defend themselves, but it hurts you when crap like this happens. You can't always sit there quiet, it's either a quick venting post, or a huge thread full of crap speaking in PC terms.

CrystalTears
10-16-2003, 10:50 PM
Maybe you should have used something other "mother fucking rude"! Yes but the stubborn and crackhead parents comment is way worse. Yep. :rolleyes:

[Edited on 10/17/2003 by CrystalTears]

ElvenRangeress
10-16-2003, 10:51 PM
I did not insult your family, nor did I back you in a corner telling you how horrible you are. What was said on this thread was rude. Am I not entitled to my opinion like the rest of you? :?:

Back
10-16-2003, 10:51 PM
::laugh:: I love these boards.

CrystalTears
10-16-2003, 10:54 PM
I gotta hand it to you. I don't know what it is about you two that stirs the impatient part in some of us, but damn, you sure know how to press people's buttons and cause a simple thread to become a 5+ page sensation. Kudos to you.

Drew2
10-16-2003, 11:01 PM
Yeah... I was looking for where Atheana "bitch slapped" me. I couldn't find it. Maybe I'm a tool. (haha)

JustMe
10-16-2003, 11:11 PM
God, just reading this makes me need a cigarette. Is anyone else having flashbacks of junior high and their freshman year of highschool?

Hulkein
10-16-2003, 11:26 PM
LOL that's hysterical JustMe, after reading all the new posts I was thinking 'I wish I didn't quit smoking cause this makes me feel like having one.' Maybe I'll go out and buy a tin of skoal, I used to pack lips before I smoked.

AkMan
10-16-2003, 11:39 PM

DING DING DING I think we have a winner for the AkMan signature contest! Woohoo!

ElvenRangeress
10-16-2003, 11:44 PM
You can add that I corrected myself. Some people .. *mutter*

Skirmisher
10-16-2003, 11:50 PM
Looks like my "no one really cares when he started" post went ignored again.

*laughs*

Lets sic Zimmer on em!

HarmNone
10-17-2003, 12:08 AM
Utterly amazing. I think I shall continue to keep my own counsel on this one. Otherwise, I would need a prescription for valium and a carton of Marlboros.

HarmNone wanders off shaking her head in disbelief

ElvenRangeress
10-17-2003, 12:41 AM
I gotta hand it to you. I don't know what it is about you two that stirs the impatient part in some of us, but damn, you sure know how to press people's buttons and cause a simple thread to become a 5+ page sensation. Kudos to you.

Maybe its because we don't sit back and let people walk all over us... :?:

Halfsilver
10-17-2003, 12:43 AM
Okay. Atheana and Grays win. They're always right. I give up.

CT realized the truth early on. :smilegrin:

Jeezus. I go to work for the day and come back to this. 7 Pages!

I'm glad we've provided your entertainment for the day. We live to serve.

BTW, I called up my father. It WAS late 95 and not late 94. I was off by a year. My mistake. I hope you all will find it your hearts to forgive my most heinous of crimes. :lol:

-grays/d (500th post! w00t)

Snapp
10-17-2003, 12:45 AM
Once again Atheana has caused me to lose several IQ points. :(

Halfsilver
10-17-2003, 12:45 AM
So that should put you at what...?

74 now?

-grays/d (runs away)

ElvenRangeress
10-17-2003, 12:46 AM
Eh... ;)

GS4Gurl
10-17-2003, 12:49 AM
So that should put you at what...?

74 now?

-grays/d (runs away)

Shoulda seen that one coming.. hehe

Halfsilver
10-17-2003, 12:50 AM
Damn straight. Who wants some?

grays/d (completely facetious)

JustMe
10-17-2003, 01:49 AM
Where the hell is everyone getting these cute boxes from with those little sayings?

Geoff
10-17-2003, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by Lady Daina
"I hope you all will find it your hearts to forgive my most heinous of crimes."

Noone cared that you made a mistake, or that you were off a year.....
:)
I disagree the bastard must pay.
I think not correctly remembering something that happened 8 years ago is inexcusable.

(Seriously, I wish I had skipped this thread altogether. Gahh....)

<----- player since '98 or so.

LordSagan
10-17-2003, 07:25 AM
Gemstone went live on AOL around October 1995. I know this, because I was hired to help with the AOL conversion in August of 1995

I love running into people in the lands who rant and rave about how they're from the ICE-AGE, and they tell me all sorts of bull about how things were back then....

The whole while I'm nodding and smirking at them, because they don't have a clue who I am.

It's amazing that there are ten times as many people who played on GEnie today as there were back then, and none of them have a clue how to even lie about it.

StrayRogue
10-17-2003, 07:45 AM
Atheana, I have a friend very similar to you. Lovely girl, heart in the right place, very genuine and lovely etc. BUT, she could never see fault in herself, only in others, and often displaced her own feelings of inadequacy onto those people. She could never take responsibility for her actions or words and was utterly "blameless", meaning that no matter what happened, it had nothing to do with her.

That isn't a knock, merely an observation from reading your posts.

Either way, I don't give a fuck if you are from when GS first started or newly rolled last week. What I care about is if you RP well and adhere to the "rules" of GS. The oldest player may talk like an OOC snert; doesn't mean I will respect him anymore than the 1 year RP wonder just because he has been around longer.

CrystalTears
10-17-2003, 08:06 AM
She reminds me of Witcheaven. Saying things to her "defensive" when it may not have been directed at her, getting all foamy at the mouth and posting like a hysterical person, and when people call her on it, she goes back and deletes or edits her post to say something completely different and shrug it off as nothing. Drove me nuts. She was another that would push my buttons to want to beat her with her own arm.

Sweets
10-17-2003, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
Atheana, I have a friend very similar to you. Lovely girl, heart in the right place, very genuine and lovely etc. BUT, she could never see fault in herself, only in others, and often displaced her own feelings of inadequacy onto those people. She could never take responsibility for her actions or words and was utterly "blameless", meaning that no matter what happened, it had nothing to do with her.

Either way, I don't give a fuck if you are from when GS first started or newly rolled last week. What I care about is if you RP well and adhere to the "rules" of GS. The oldest player may talk like an OOC snert; doesn't mean I will respect him anymore than the 1 year RP wonder just because he has been around longer.

*Starts one of those cheesy slow claps.*

Myshel
10-17-2003, 08:17 AM
Myssa was born in 95 on aol. After reading all these posts I know it had to be after Oct. Never could remember the exact month. I played her until Ydwen left and I realized how poorly trained she was. I created another bard Leilannie and played her until Ardwen was born and Myshel was created.
Myshel

AnticorRifling
10-17-2003, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Sweets

Originally posted by StrayRogue

*Starts one of those cheesy slow claps.*

*Adds force and momentum to the slow clap, the pace slowly accelerating*

Parkbandit
10-17-2003, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Myshel
Myssa was born in 95 on aol. After reading all these posts I know it had to be after Oct. Never could remember the exact month. I played her until Ydwen left and I realized how poorly trained she was. I created another bard Leilannie and played her until Ardwen was born and Myshel was created.
Myshel

There's your mistake right there... when Ydwen left.. you had your opportunity to run into my arms then.

Would have been much easier that way than to do it behind Ardwen's back all these years. :smug:

Weedmage Princess
10-17-2003, 08:45 AM
Yeah she makes everyone want to pull their hair out.

Except me. I like winding her up then watching her go, like a little toy. She reminds me of my 12 year old niece. It's hysterical. Maybe she'll grow up one day and learn that no one cares if her feelings are hurt, especially when she excels at taking little pot shots at everyone then tries to BS her way out of it with "Oh but I don't mean it as an insult..."

To all those who DO allow themselves to get worked up over her...Thank God you're not Graysalin. He has to *live* with her.

ElvenRangeress
10-17-2003, 11:14 AM
Actually the funny part is that you actually believe I'm sitting in front the computer foaming from the mouth, and throwing a fit. *rolls her eyes* I'm typing, I don't combine my expressions/feelings from a message board with what I'm doing away from the comp.

Weedmage Princess
10-17-2003, 11:32 AM
Okay.

ElvenRangeress
10-17-2003, 11:52 AM
Yuppers ;o)

Chyrain
10-17-2003, 01:36 PM
I hate to say it....but...Atheana, if you dont like people talking this way about you, if you think they're so misled to how you are in your real life, if your feelings are so hurt by what people say about you or Grays or whomever, show a little restraint and stop feeding the fire. Don't post. Hell, don't even read.

If I thought people were misled about me on an internet message board dedicated to a GAME filled with people I've never met - I wouldn't read it. And I would show that I didn't give a shit by not posting 100 times in a thread trying to convince people who will never meet me in my real breathing life to accept me how I am.

Seriously - you shouldn't care about what anyone here thinks about anything you do. And you should just stop. Just stop. For real. Don't post in response to this or any post. Don't IM people or find them in the game or go into detail about who you think is right or wrong to anyone. Just step away. And stop. Completely.

Then we'll believe you don't care. And the best thing - Your feelings will stop being hurt because you will be obvlivious to what other peole - who don't matter - think about you.

Weedmage Princess
10-17-2003, 01:54 PM
Wasting your time, Chyrain. People have been trying to tell her this for the longest. It goes in one ear, and out the other.

Myshel
10-17-2003, 03:19 PM

Originally posted by Myshel
Myshel

There's your mistake right there... when Ydwen left.. you had your opportunity to run into my arms then.

Would have been much easier that way than to do it behind Ardwen's back all these years. :smug:

Laughing.. but hon think of all the intrigue we would have missed. ;)

Myshel

Kryblue
10-17-2003, 03:42 PM
This post is long, but not without reason.

Pieces of information known by themselves alone create a different conclusion, then when all the facts are known.

Clarification:

I raised and owned Kryblue,
I sold Kryblue for financial needs.
I bought Kryblue/myself back as soon as I could afford it.
I sold Kryblue again. I thought I wanted to leave the game forever.
I bought Kryblue back again, realizing I sold in haste.

I bought him back this last time minus all his equipment and without my other character on the account. I paid 2,000.00 dollars to get him/me back. I would never do that unless he was me, since he's not worth close to that and I took a sizable loss on the transacation. However I gained a part of my being back.

While in the hands of other temporary owners he did not gain even one level to help me along the way. Every level I have earned myself. Someone thought my training was so bad they were surprised I made it to 30. Well [surprise] I'm 137.

I did gain many decays each time I bought Kryblue back. Over 15 total, of which I am still working myself out of.

Kryblue, in the hands of one temporary owner gained a very bad reputation, that I still strive to overcome. He did things, and acted in ways Kryblue would never do, say, or act. That was not me, that was not who Kryblue is.

The original Kryblue, and the current Kryblue are the same, I myself.

I do not see true characteristics within the game as wrong. Not all people are nice, bad, evil, or humble. Some are arrogant, perhaps with nothing to back it up, but it is how they are. If you observe Kryblue being arrogant, please do not make the incorrect assumption that he like that all the time.

Kryblue can be arrogant at times. Some people in the world are arrogant, but not always. So also Kryblue can be very arrogant sometimes within the game.

Other posts I have no need to clear up.
Personal situations in the past between me and others are being displayed here as what I see as 'pay back' toward me. They use my character as the tool through which they work. They are lies, and I will not address them.

Because I choose to train according to my own plan, does not mean it was wrong. It was just my way, and not the traditional training everyone expected a sorcerer to train.

The training was good enough to let me outgrow the Rift almost two years before Old Ta'illlistrim was made where he could hunt again. I choose to come down from the Rift. I did not remain in the rift simply to hunt fame.

Some speak of my role play, and you must address each incident directly as each was different. Many instances may not even have been with me, as I am with Kry.

Though my character of Kryblue is newer, my original characters were on Prodigy beta, which was released about one month before the beta on AOL came out. (big deal right) I have one of those characters to this day, with the charm that still attaches and all other such gifts the gods have given out over the years to celebrate this or that mile marker.

Since I was a Chat Host in Prodigy in the Arts Dept., I had immediate access to gemstone without cost. I was there before the first Legend ever was crowned, when the landing, was all there was, for nothing else existed, but the hunting grounds outside.

I am familiar with the game, it's history, it's changes, and I find no comparison of role play now, with how well it was done back then.

Perhaps I have just become tired in how many times 'role play', has been watered down more and more. Perhaps I have given up hope that true role play will ever come back, and have given myself into the chat room mentality of the role play which I find myself surrounded. I will address this within myself, and change as I see neccesary.

To review quickly.
I was Kryblue, I sold him, I bought myself back, I sold him, I bought myself back. The original player IS the current player. If I could do it again, I would not have sold him, and had his character malignable by others.

I will not post about this again. I know I open myself up to dozens of area's where people can disagree with my personal feelings and try to dig a hole to bury me in. I know many postings where done by people who have a problem with me personally, so they lash out at Kryblue. I know they will want to defend themselves.

I do not post this lightly, and without thought. Let truth survive, and rumor, and false accusations lay in the hole that was meant for me to fall into.

I am myself. You do things your way, I do things mine. Let none of us however 'judge' another by one or two encounters with each other. Many of us have uncountable hours here, giving so many years of ourself to this game.

You can not touch the true character of a person whom you have just met, by a one or two hour encounter.

They may seem wonderful, and you may spend hundreds of hours with them, before you discover that they are a little 'less' then wonderful. The same is true to the opposite. You may encounter someone for a few days, and think them less then wonderful, however in time discover they are much more then you first saw.

One other note, my own personal belief not yours, but I have NeveR script hunted.

Parkbandit
10-17-2003, 04:02 PM
Hey Kryblue...

Now that you are 'back'... can I collect on the 2 million silvers you owe me?

Kryblue
10-17-2003, 04:14 PM
Sure

I only wrote you like four emails trying to link up with you for this.

I have them, always had.

Please send me an email, I don't have the email you are currently using, is my guess. Or you can meet me in game.

ElvenRangeress
10-17-2003, 04:20 PM
kryblue check your u2u's...

Drew2
10-17-2003, 04:29 PM
Kryblue, you're still a tool (join the club) in my eyes.

I argued with you for quite a while in Solhaven LAST WEEK. You're an arrogant, dumb jackass. I don't care if you rolled up Kryblue yesterday, I expect a little more out of people than you give. GARR acts better than you. He doesn't sit there openly talking about AS and DS and what not in the middle of town, at least. He's learned that. Which is sad... claiming to have been here since Prodigy or what the hell ever and not at LEAST staying in genre is just retarded.

And by the way.. that whole "I saw the first blah blah and the only town was blah blah with blah blah" is exactly the arrogance I was talking about. No one gives a shit what you saw or what you did if you act like a tool. I should know.

edit: Furthermore, this jackass tried to argue that he knew more about hunting ethics than I ever will... because I killed a crab in the same room as him during an INVASION. They were everywhere... people were everywhere.. and they were EASY. They were like 15 trains or something. And him and his little bitch were bitching and moaning and quaking because people were killing THEIR pathetic crabs. It was quite satisfying when a giant crab came out and killed both him and his bitch for whining on the amulet.

[Edited on 10-17-2003 by Tayre]

ElvenRangeress
10-17-2003, 04:44 PM
ouch ....

AncientPlayer
10-17-2003, 04:45 PM
I wracked up approximately 1000 dollars in AOL bills between August and December 1996.
That's one memory I wish I didn't have. :o Thankfully that business model wasn't able to perpetuate itself.

ElvenRangeress
10-17-2003, 04:47 PM
Whoa... thank God I didn't get AOL until '98 .... unlimited use ... But now I have DSL/512 RAM/new comp., so I'm happy ;o) But I didn't start GS though until like ... *thinks* '00.

AncientPlayer
10-17-2003, 04:54 PM
Simmer's had it now for years but it was originally Maruko's. If you see Simmer running around, kill him just so you can see the messaging on it. ;)
Is that the original Simmer running around? He's one of the few names I recognize from when I played back in 1996, before taking up the addiction again last month.

AnticorRifling
10-17-2003, 04:56 PM
Kryblue the situation involving me and one of your children you handled well. You didn't come in blasting and I was impressed in your ability to listen to both sides. This was probably four months ago so I'm not sure which Kryblue it was but if it was you, a nod and a thanks are in order.

AncientPlayer
10-17-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by LordSagan
The whole while I'm nodding and smirking at them, because they don't have a clue who I am.
Heh, those are the same people that don't know to avoid picking on Metaboculous' steps.

Kryblue
10-17-2003, 05:08 PM
Read my post again. The answer is there. If you can't find it there, it doesn't matter what I say. Read it with non selective hearing if you can.

Drew2
10-17-2003, 05:10 PM
Ok, I'm sorry, let me rephrase.

I didn't have a problem with Kryblue. I was talking to YOU the player in private thoughts. YOU are the arrogant jackass.

Sorry for the confusion.

Drew2
10-17-2003, 05:11 PM
Kryblue can be arrogant at times. Some people in the world are arrogant, but not always. So also Kryblue can be very arrogant sometimes within the game.

I assume this is what you meant, by the way.

Parkbandit
10-17-2003, 05:11 PM
Don't worry too much about Tayre...

He's our special "tool" here.

Drew2
10-17-2003, 05:13 PM
I feel special in an insulted way.

Edit: Or insulted in a special way. Not sure.

[Edited on 10-17-2003 by Tayre]

Kryblue
10-17-2003, 05:23 PM
It wasn't even you that I was speaking with in those private thoughts.

You came in blasting after, not knowing the full story of what happened earier. What happened that created your perception of what seemed like me inflating my own ego.

I in fact was answering questions another was asking about the barrier. But seeing all my answers in declaratory sentences, would make me look extremly arrogant. I was unaware of where or how you got that impression until after we were done.

AnticorRifling
Thanks!

That was me you were speaking with.
I have been myself going on a year now. Never was I out of myself for too long.

Drew2
10-17-2003, 05:28 PM
I have many forms. It WAS me you were talking to.

I can see how I could have mistaken your thoughts, but you only made it worse with the private ones. Trying to have a pissing contest about "Who has been here longer" is SO middle school. And that's the ONLY thing you were using as a defense. "I've been here longer. I know what I'm talking about. I know what I"m doing. How long have YOU been here??? I was here when the first lord took a crap!! OMG!!" Yeah THAT was my problem... whether I misunderstood or not, you didn't need to PERSIST in being arrogant. You DON'T know everything, and even if you're whatshisface Watley or whatever, you don't NEED to be an arrogant prick to get your points across.... if you ever actually come up with a point.

StrayRogue
10-17-2003, 05:31 PM
That shitty argument never holds water, unless you are an OOC jackass. Stay is several thousand years old, etc. No he hasn't been in the Landing for the last 15 years. One would assume a lowly frontier town would not be the hub of all social and historical activity.

Parkbandit
10-17-2003, 05:31 PM
Tayre would hate Falgrin. He would make Kryblue look like a choir boy. :smug:

Drew2
10-17-2003, 05:36 PM
I highly doubt it. It's REALLY hard to get under Tayre's skin. Ok well 1 quick way to do it is be a blatant OOC Jackass. But other than that.. thievery, insults, etc. roll off his skin. And besides.. I carry a max of about 20 silvers for gate fees and cursed gems in open containers at all times. :D

Edaarin
10-17-2003, 06:13 PM
Is that the original Simmer running around? He's one of the few names I recognize from when I played back in 1996, before taking up the addiction again last month.

Simmer is long gone.

StrayRogue
10-17-2003, 06:14 PM
He pops up occasionally. Dunno if its really him though.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
10-17-2003, 06:22 PM
I got a new signature line!

Weedmage Princess
10-17-2003, 06:43 PM
Eww

It's bad enough when she actually posts....

ElvenRangeress
10-17-2003, 07:10 PM
You guys need to seriously leave me alone. You're really starting to annoy the hell out me. If you don't like me stop talking to or about me. I stood up for someone who was getting insulted and degraded right before my very eyes. Its only right to defend that person. I'm sorry you all seem to think you can defend your friends/loved ones, but that I'm not allowed too. I'm also truly sorry that you actually think you can have your opinions about someone, yet I can't. Now I corrected myself for using *all* on my second post. I apologized and said that I should of used a different word. But since you're so perfect and never make any mistakes, I guess you have the *right* to have my own mistake as your signature. It's disgusting people actually do these things, I can only imagine how they act away from the computer. I can only imagine. I believe alot of you need to think about what you are doing, and why you are doing it. Are you really trying to teach me a lesson or correct me, or are you just being an idiot? Helping someone, or explaining something to someone shouldn't include rudeness, nor should it start or end with insulting names ... i.e. being idiot, dumbass, jackass, etc. Its wrong, and cold hearted. Why am I posting this if I don't care you ask? Because I do care what people think about me and my character even though I shouldn't. I like to know people like me, its not fun to have people dislike you. People can say stop posting if you don't like it, but yet you always see that person as well defending their name. Its all about standing up for yourself, has nothing to do with getting upset or crying IRL. I don't know maybe I'll find better ways to put this one day and then make a thread or something. Until then, just please stop this madness.

Weedmage Princess
10-17-2003, 07:18 PM
I've seen things more disgusting *nods*

theotherjohn
10-17-2003, 07:24 PM
blah blah blah

When I used your quote it was not an attack.

I dont think it is an attack now.

you should go with the quote yourself and TradeMark it.

I think it is a great quote.

ElvenRangeress
10-17-2003, 07:33 PM
It was a mistake that I made and I corrected myself. And now even though I did admit I was wrong, its going to be there for a while now it seems.

JustMe
10-17-2003, 07:59 PM
JUST LET IT GO

ElvenRangeress
10-17-2003, 08:01 PM
Take your own advice ;o)

Methais
10-17-2003, 10:20 PM
This has to be the gayest thread I've ever read. It's so gay that it makes Klaive look cooler than Fonzie.

ElvenRangeress
10-17-2003, 10:21 PM
*laughs quietly*

Parkbandit
10-17-2003, 11:20 PM
For someone who isn't bothered by the message boards.. you sure seem like your bothered by the message boards.

If you would stop bumping this thread up with your posting of how much it is not bothering you.. or how much it is bothering you... it would simply go away.

Buy a clue.

JustMe
10-17-2003, 11:26 PM
A blues clue?

ElvenRangeress
10-17-2003, 11:52 PM
For someone who isn't bothered by the message boards.. you sure seem like your bothered by the message boards.

Never denied the fact that its bothering me, but am I expressing it away from the comp? No ... Read my other posts before you start putting words in my mouth..

GS4Gurl
10-18-2003, 12:00 AM
http://members.cox.net/celestynne4/house.gif

JustMe, Get a Blues Clue! Don't you know anything!? Gah!

http://members.cox.net/celestynne4/usuck.gif

[Edited on 10-18-2003 by GS4Gurl]

ElvenRangeress
10-18-2003, 12:01 AM
yay! I found one! *cheers*

Suppa Hobbit Mage
10-18-2003, 01:12 AM
How much more shit can you put in your sig line? I think my sig line is much more eloquent.

Sean
10-18-2003, 01:18 AM
some topics just need to die .. yea i know im not helping .. but seriously just let it go

Edaarin
10-18-2003, 01:19 AM
You just posted to show off your new signature.

WARN HARASSMENT TIJAY

Sean
10-18-2003, 01:24 AM
like anyone cares to see you die .. you die constantly .. you cant even hunt right .. sides i posted in moron of the day to show it off .. here i just posted cause this topic has gone beyond lame

Edaarin
10-18-2003, 01:37 AM
Hey, I can hunt. I'm just considerate enough to die so that my high level cleric friends who are in the undead gap can advance. Right Adhara?!

Geoff
10-18-2003, 03:22 AM
Now I've got that God Damn Blue's Clues theme song stuck in my head.

Thanks a bunch. I hope you all have toddlers some time soon...

:drunk:

(I'd try to post something that was related to the topic but I forgot what it was...)

JustMe
10-18-2003, 03:36 AM
Terrible 2's. Got one. Wanna borrow him for a year or two? :lol: Just Kidding.

Weedmage Princess
10-18-2003, 08:00 AM
Yikes.

I am now going into blinkie retirement.

Thuunder
11-10-2003, 02:46 PM
Fame list from Jan 9th, 1995

First name Last name Family fame Lvl Race Profession
---------------- -------------- ----------- --- ------------ ----------
1 Dartaghan Darkstar 81,563,658 57 Halfling Mage
2 Enegue LionHeart 57,905,749 44 High Man Bard
3 Traylor Slawn 53,541,426 49 Dwarf Bard
4 Oghier Sleepytoes 48,015,939 53 Dwarf Bard
5 Artuero Bresnahanini 44,998,474 50 Fair Elf Thief
6 Gillaume d'Clans 42,900,314 60 Half-Elf Cleric
7 Krisenfest Rote-Kapelle 41,397,355 51 Common Man Cleric
8 Pan True-Silver 41,060,021 53 Halfling Mage
9 Thalior Farthor 41,052,384 58 Wood Elf Sorcerer
10 Corwin D'Amber 40,650,224 26 Half-Elf Ranger
11 Kodos Corralias 36,593,405 57 Halfling Mage
12 Nixie Trevize 36,112,042 50 Half-Elf Sorcerer
13 Maruko Ashimine 34,840,947 49 Half-Elf Ranger
14 Trachten Hickapod 34,305,076 47 High Man Ranger
15 Raphael Kinevon 31,478,767 48 High Man Cleric
16 Odds Bodkins 31,371,743 39 Halfling Mage
17 Bleys Airelious 28,524,858 34 Half-Elf Thief
18 Fxg Lyon 26,458,777 36 Half-Elf Ranger
19 Qunitazzeldon Azzalnecrador 25,060,516 40 High Man Cleric
20 Johanna Warrick 24,999,080 7 High Man Bard
21 Sloan Sahlas 24,978,174 38 Half-Elf Ranger

22 Kenner Boh 24,567,078 41 Half-Elf Ranger
23 Birhtnothe Waul 24,160,058 30 Half-Elf Ranger
24 Xar Perkintile 22,628,754 1 Half-Elf Thief
25 Blades Clanners 21,698,514 28 Half-Elf Thief
26 Palma Smyth 21,336,735 40 High Man Cleric
27 Krakii d'Chevaliers 21,256,402 33 Dwarf Cleric
28 Aeklug Baeyenbreghald 21,168,791 42 Dwarf Cleric
29 Hexxon Glenriver 21,058,377 34 Half-Elf Fighter
30 Logun Ulthwe 20,987,704 37 Fair Elf Bard
31 Sagan Necropoliss 20,859,051 39 High Man Thief
32 Metaboculous Griden 20,819,518 32 High Man Fighter
33 Catrissa Dakhati 20,531,542 43 Half-Elf Mage
34 Strom O'Berin 20,367,055 87 High Elf Healer
35 Ladydawn Diamond 19,632,022 42 Half-Elf Cleric
36 Kali Sablefen 19,332,765 33 Fair Elf Ranger
37 Shardin QuickSword 19,285,885 22 High Man Fighter
38 Aurien Babazhook 19,229,928 36 High Man Thief
39 Vizuxa Bluestar 19,047,859 40 Fair Elf Cleric
40 Cerulean Kuykendahl 18,663,237 33 Halfling Mage
41 Orlando Vern 18,536,322 32 Half-Elf Bard
42 Jesh De'sacro 18,416,851 31 Half-Elf Thief

43 Charms D'Warfling 18,120,368 34 Halfling Sorcerer
44 Dvalin Kalodan 18,022,653 28 Fair Elf Ranger
45 Moonpie Legend 17,840,565 26 Half-Elf Thief
46 Heron Vestone 17,422,873 35 Common Man Bard
47 Kaikeyi Krydonis 17,318,332 36 Half-Elf Cleric
48 Erek SnowMane 16,566,141 39 Half-Elf Ranger
49 Ashen Shugar 16,554,057 23 Fair Elf Mage
50 Dara Lundy 16,477,471 30 Half-Elf Ranger
51 Thoth Star 16,382,119 29 Fair Elf Sorcerer
52 Khyle Deathbringer 15,757,888 29 Half-Elf Cleric
53 Kree Morlain 15,566,802 8 Half-Elf Thief
54 Aanalar G'Elven 15,497,180 29 Fair Elf Mage
55 Cerul Terk 15,406,770 31 Half-Elf Ranger
56 Soniya Arain 15,218,680 30 Half-Elf Mage
57 Whilder Planrathe 14,956,574 32 Fair Elf Mage
58 Marc Spellslinger 14,674,372 35 Half-Elf Mage
59 Mackeli Spellsword 13,719,658 27 High Man Bard
60 Certain Justice 13,707,293 30 Fair Elf Mage
61 Waldo2 Ptolomy 13,645,350 32 Half-Elf Fighter
62 Jarran Terraxx 13,611,789 30 Half-Elf Ranger
63 Kalas Lifebane 13,594,409 25 Halfling Mage

64 Alfred Deathblow 13,283,595 23 Half-Elf Bard
65 Dirtbeard Oakenheart 13,177,422 29 Dwarf Ranger
66 Xura Viirkort 12,823,579 23 Halfling Mage
67 Bloodsmythe Huntsman 12,820,827 31 Half-Elf Sorcerer
68 Hugo Seawind 12,581,655 20 Half-Elf Cleric
69 Lyrista Windsong 12,366,291 30 High Man Ranger
70 Cinabar Cederic 12,129,487 25 Dwarf Fighter
71 Kayla Kyndhart 12,084,556 57 Half-Elf Healer
72 Gris Ormerak 12,077,422 20 Half-Elf Thief
73 Plover WraithBane 12,020,615 30 Half-Elf Thief
74 Berr Zerkcer 11,900,961 26 Half-Elf Fighter
75 Skaggs Amillion 11,896,216 25 Half-Elf Fighter
76 Zimbangu Atlantia 11,778,446 29 Half-Elf Bard
77 Bobalain Sting 11,766,745 4 Half-Elf Ranger
78 Erion Kulsen 11,697,304 22 Fair Elf Bard
79 Lairaerrykthrok TykilVuul 11,646,667 33 Halfling Cleric
80 Syan Lin 11,307,167 28 Half-Elf Cleric
81 Chandra Truespel 11,272,863 21 Dwarf Sorcerer
82 Dagnor Istarii 11,251,006 1 Halfling Mage
83 Tomasso d'Astibar 10,993,857 25 Half-Elf Ranger
84 Starsnuffer Sunslayer 10,964,499 24 Fair Elf Mage

85 Tolomei Androculus 10,942,405 28 Fair Elf Mage
86 Suzielle Calembarre 10,928,185 26 Half-Elf Ranger
87 Kendrick MacLaer 10,911,049 27 Half-Elf Thief
88 Jolly Halifax 10,801,220 25 Halfling Mage
89 Wildlucke Elfsign 10,787,325 26 Wood Elf Mage
90 Simon d'Ker 10,624,761 24 Half-Elf Mage
91 Daryann Stormrider 10,531,611 30 Half-Elf Ranger
92 Gremlynn wolfsblood 10,353,313 26 Fair Elf Thief
93 Indigo Sterlington 10,322,655 20 Halfling Mage
94 Slayre Advrakian 10,132,136 2 Halfling Mage
95 Hagar Redbeard 9,990,249 23 High Man Ranger
96 Lomir Talonson 9,960,524 24 Half-Elf Ranger
97 Hilgavolkas LaJolla 9,921,132 28 Dwarf Cleric
98 Biinc d'Xanth 9,665,518 23 Halfling Mage
99 Rayzor Blade 9,436,005 21 Half-Elf Thief
100 Lodin Whitemane 9,377,838 27 Half-Elf Cleric
101 Gallenod Varynesti 9,309,490 27 Half-Elf Ranger
102 Geoff Stonehand 9,282,021 25 Common Man Fighter
103 Dunkel Ganger 9,239,623 23 Halfling Thief
104 Mikhail Minnehan 9,210,864 32 Half-Elf Thief
105 Harcourt Mudd 9,125,117 26 Half-Elf Thief

106 Nimloth Tal'Sharien 9,067,738 20 Half-Elf Cleric
107 Markham Janni 8,918,626 23 Half-Elf Thief
108 Circle Stormarm 8,914,746 18 High Man Cleric
109 Tselryk Selgarf 8,892,742 16 Halfling Mage
110 Lochlan Alsec 8,891,503 23 Half-Elf Thief
111 Elminester Silvanisti 8,873,782 23 Half-Elf Mage
112 Vlad Drakulya 8,758,911 5 Half-Elf Sorcerer
113 Gone Sea 8,716,242 1 Common Man Fighter
114 Redeye Kielsson 8,710,571 28 Half-Elf Cleric
115 Shael Aasimoom 8,677,855 23 Half-Elf Bard
116 Damangherik Thule 8,637,642 23 Common Man Cleric
117 Daywane elvinspawn 8,625,800 22 Half-Elf Ranger
118 Ahira Hammerfist 8,608,991 20 Halfling Mage
119 Gilthor Longblade 8,548,259 27 High Man Fighter
120 Manny Revilla 8,523,926 10 Common Man Sorcerer
121 Chaum duLac 8,505,585 21 High Man Thief
122 Bugg Hornwort 8,476,707 23 Halfling Cleric
123 Tedra De'Arr 8,387,198 21 High Man Mage
124 Myrddinn Cymru 8,383,005 22 Half-Elf Fighter
125 Aelbraith Wunbreu 8,301,636 22 Half-Elf Thief
126 Mara Tallow 8,216,596 29 Wood Elf Healer

127 Mojo Tremolos 8,137,405 24 Half-Elf Bard
128 Paks Moray 7,976,659 23 Half-Elf Cleric
129 Mordak Mordark 7,944,930 21 Half-Elf Bard
130 Katrioania Azarial 7,923,012 25 Halfling Healer
131 Fairgus Airgetlam 7,859,339 21 High Man Thief
132 Ardneh Cormorant 7,791,406 25 Half-Elf Cleric
133 Kyreth No-Name 7,694,742 23 Common Man Fighter
134 Trymble Navstar 7,690,121 23 Half-Elf Mage
135 Feckly Fecund 7,661,016 10 Half-Elf Ranger
136 Abdul al'Hazred 7,633,304 22 High Man Sorcerer
137 Odin Zalaran 7,579,321 20 High Man Ranger
138 Miphnik Banedoron 7,571,549 9 Half-Elf Thief
139 Collin Siafore 7,502,370 21 Half-Elf Fighter
140 Hastur FlutterWing 7,498,999 22 High Man Sorcerer
141 Cemb Chimare 7,482,257 21 High Man Fighter
142 Nastorm Trevin 7,482,197 26 Half-Elf Ranger
143 Sterling Dayne 7,402,922 2 Dwarf Cleric
144 Taro Wayne 7,312,531 22 Half-Elf Ranger
145 Rhone Yarrl 7,208,389 23 Half-Elf Mage
146 Visarli Romaset 7,199,852 30 Half-Elf Healer
147 Woundhealer odlaw 7,191,759 35 Fair Elf Healer
148 Selzart Arachnus 7,141,481 10 Half-Elf Ranger
149 Orian VonClue 7,059,035 22 Fair Elf Fighter
150 Jakester O'Day 7,010,626 19 Half-Elf Fighter
151 Welan Cadwalider 7,004,393 21 High Man Fighter
152 Nod Xalkon 6,926,861 5 Halfling Mage
153 Mohrgan Silversteel 6,776,285 20 Half-Elf Bard
154 Aaron Water 6,743,199 20 Halfling Mage
155 Ardeas Vestonaire 6,741,304 26 Common Man Cleric
156 Mic Nightstrider 6,729,940 16 High Man Cleric
157 Finrod Felagund 6,634,685 22 High Elf Sorcerer
158 Wanton Destruction 6,566,939 20 Half-Elf Fighter
159 Faeliliondraes BlackSoul 6,564,644 16 Fair Elf Mage
160 Dyani Delphinuris 6,550,854 20 Half-Elf Thief
161 Sulthon Ni'Shaang 6,432,095 25 Fair Elf Fighter
162 Selim D'Baerne 6,273,841 15 High Man Bard
163 Aglaca Tablefood 6,263,902 20 Half-Elf Bard
164 Taarna Wayfinder 6,229,209 27 Half-Elf Cleric
165 Bazil De'Pick 6,208,655 22 Fair Elf Thief
166 Tomb Mockingbird 6,149,608 19 Half-Elf Mage
167 Chance Diamonde 6,100,408 21 Halfling Mage
168 Erinyes Lokissen 6,092,919 20 Half-Elf Bard

169 Kadaen K'ta'viiri 6,051,312 20 Halfling Sorcerer
170 Combustio One 6,048,529 16 Half-Elf Mage
171 Camorra Amandaus 6,038,330 22 Fair Elf Thief
172 Zinderin Paxton 6,017,857 25 Half-Elf Cleric
173 Wintermane Zentz 5,954,280 20 Half-Elf Mage
174 Melska Leigh 5,917,388 20 Half-Elf Ranger
175 Hanrahan Redbranch 5,902,677 20 Half-Elf Ranger
176 Delvian Kel'Bathian 5,892,034 21 Fair Elf Mage
177 Warmage Darksbane 5,863,996 22 Half-Elf Mage
178 Inashadow Burnthishaire 5,862,155 17 Dwarf Sorcerer
179 Carrentheon Silverbeard 5,861,926 20 Dwarf Fighter
180 Brinn Mithrandir 5,738,087 17 High Man Fighter
181 Buzzari Swiftsword 5,722,318 17 Half-Elf Ranger
182 Belladonna Atropa 5,660,720 20 Fair Elf Mage
183 Justinian Guthrie 5,606,140 18 Half-Elf Bard
184 Shay Foreu 5,573,507 22 Half-Elf Thief
185 Ruse Legerdemain 5,541,589 18 Fair Elf Thief
186 Ayre Terns 5,505,676 20 Half-Elf Sorcerer
187 Alberich Albenherrscher 5,428,677 20 Dwarf Thief
188 Dreamweaver Oenothara 5,423,235 20 Common Man Bard
189 Rhodes Grippen 5,411,668 20 Half-Elf Thief

190 Xwing Fighter 5,387,554 18 High Man Fighter
191 Unum LUX 5,296,546 28 Half-Elf Healer
192 Lohann McCloud 5,273,073 23 Fair Elf Cleric
193 Armand Taran 5,250,082 5 Half-Elf Cleric
194 Mithras Valron 5,153,665 18 Fair Elf Fighter
195 Ariakus Dragonfodder 5,141,949 14 Half-Elf Fighter
196 Jerusha Montjoy 5,086,360 20 Half-Elf Thief
197 Rabil Shinabar 5,084,519 1 Fair Elf Mage
198 Mac Shadowalker 5,053,608 18 Half-Elf Thief
199 Dorn ANDURIL 5,036,692 17 Half-Elf Fighter
200 Raster NightRaven 5,011,327 13 Half-Elf Bard
201 Savvi Weresbane 4,968,351 16 Half-Elf Thief
202 Gildas Laogh 4,937,469 21 Wood Elf Sorcerer
203 Lark Eremite 4,931,458 20 Fair Elf Thief
204 Sieglinde Danhouder 4,871,689 18 Half-Elf Cleric
205 Shadowmaster d'Eleneil 4,845,971 20 Fair Elf Sorcerer
206 Silicon Nisus 4,809,895 19 Half-Elf Fighter
207 Queron Kinevan 4,809,283 20 High Man Sorcerer
208 Damorath Naudrim 4,796,995 11 Dwarf Cleric
209 Ithyl Shadowstream 4,754,556 17 Half-Elf Thief
210 Morok Nemesis 4,739,400 18 Half-Elf Thief

211 Ouruborous ValShanin 4,694,192 17 Half-Elf Cleric
212 Enigma Sirillian 4,683,745 21 Halfling Sorcerer
213 Challen Ly-San-Ter 4,681,103 15 High Man Thief
214 Greely Streeve 4,673,320 17 Common Man Sorcerer
215 Eivar Corbane 4,672,276 21 Half-Elf Healer
216 Joachim d'Clans 4,581,822 18 Half-Elf Thief
217 Ebony Satori 4,550,403 19 Half-Elf Thief
218 Zharahk Darcsumner 4,538,091 19 Common Man Sorcerer
219 Greywulf Alliantha 4,502,964 21 Fair Elf Mage
220 Kalvaron Zirlandis 4,467,528 12 Half-Elf Cleric
221 Palance Buckhannah 4,386,005 26 Half-Elf Healer
222 Moonglum Of_Elwher 4,367,927 17 Half-Elf Ranger
223 Rhea Sibex 4,344,305 17 Fair Elf Mage
224 Griffun Skyborne 4,340,105 21 Fair Elf Thief
225 Darius Pinehurst 4,320,617 14 Fair Elf Sorcerer
226 Ziintt romps 4,288,495 18 Halfling Mage
227 Joqain Denark 4,284,070 20 Wood Elf Mage
228 Zurion Zulon 4,276,790 18 Half-Elf Cleric
229 Frint Slayer 4,276,141 19 Half-Elf Fighter
230 Daelvrik Evidane 4,272,563 3 Common Man Fighter
231 Nerilka Ferine 4,198,072 18 Half-Elf Thief

232 Baine Royale 4,185,599 17 Half-Elf Bard
233 Rasputin Santare 4,128,169 17 Half-Elf Thief
234 Nyarlothep Aliantha 4,067,808 16 High Man Cleric
235 Malvolio Berlusconi 4,042,839 19 Common Man Healer
236 Seth platinum 4,036,406 16 Half-Elf Ranger
237 Garret Faerghail 4,015,572 20 Half-Elf Fighter
238 Kirc Bloodguard 4,006,284 6 Half-Elf Fighter
239 Darzog Powers 3,985,218 17 Halfling Sorcerer
240 Betnii Volm 3,964,593 17 Fair Elf Mage
241 Mordring Ungeheuerjaege 3,950,840 15 Fair Elf Ranger
242 Atari Miyamoto 3,943,513 22 Half-Elf Healer
243 Wulf Hrakskul 3,883,524 17 Half-Elf Ranger
244 Talon Elessidil 3,848,404 21 Half-Elf Ranger
245 Pygmy DemonMaster 3,829,556 18 Dwarf Sorcerer
246 Elke Waterpath 3,828,927 15 Half-Elf Bard
247 Taliesien Beowulve 3,815,424 15 Half-Elf Bard
248 Tempist Thales 3,797,229 14 Half-Elf Sorcerer
249 Tiana Relannis 3,775,328 15 Half-Elf Bard
250 Michealoos Duraderos 3,756,702 19 Half-Elf Cleric
251 Lydrynn Swiftblade 3,750,357 8 Half-Elf Bard
252 Landreu Somakre 3,742,992 17 Half-Elf Healer

253 Kelvin Soltaire 3,722,008 17 High Man Thief
254 Navar BlackWolf 3,700,021 16 Fair Elf Bard
255 Sean2 Lladd 3,695,746 16 Half-Elf Fighter
256 Jankor Boatstaff 3,655,608 13 Wood Elf Mage
257 Drew Coffey 3,633,670 16 High Man Fighter
258 Caretaker D'BoldHome 3,616,337 37 Dwarf Healer
259 Josina Bluesky 3,616,169 12 Half-Elf Mage
260 Aiden Asurman 3,612,308 14 Half-Elf Mage
261 Tami D'HDreaxe 3,599,941 19 Half-Elf Mage
262 Iguana Don 3,589,442 15 Half-Elf Thief
263 Falon Ly-San-Ter 3,586,240 16 High Man Cleric
264 Rhyl Grey 3,580,279 15 Half-Elf Ranger
265 Amberflame Praenth 3,501,045 16 Half-Elf Bard
266 Ransom Erickson 3,500,111 16 High Man Ranger
267 Drizzt Baenrae 3,497,467 15 Half-Elf Ranger
268 Andro Kreefin 3,475,187 16 Half-Elf Cleric
269 Elmo Ringold 3,421,097 15 Half-Elf Mage
270 Andrea Sadter 3,411,459 16 Fair Elf Mage
271 Morkeleb Aversin 3,328,285 16 Wood Elf Thief
272 Kelfine Ayrekener 3,320,262 7 Halfling Sorcerer
273 Vetya Romanov 3,283,142 15 Half-Elf Mage

274 Tighlor Siterious 3,259,405 12 Half-Elf Fighter
275 Gasdrok Starfang 3,240,911 15 Half-Elf Mage
276 Lyle of_Ratharkrin 3,236,759 13 Half-Elf Fighter
277 Gilad Barat-Sur 3,183,199 13 Half-Elf Ranger
278 Kazell Brim 3,166,274 15 High Man Fighter
279 Soth Tineal 3,157,399 12 High Man Ranger
280 Loreli Graymoon 3,153,429 15 Halfling Mage
281 Hotash DrakesBane 3,152,658 11 Wood Elf Sorcerer
282 Melina Chimera 3,149,289 15 High Man Ranger
283 Gottfried Irlander 3,139,748 15 High Man Fighter
284 Artemus Montpelier 3,131,339 16 Half-Elf Ranger
285 Xenos Shibatae 3,124,271 17 Common Man Healer
286 Sorn Marten 3,090,373 17 Fair Elf Mage
287 Farabon Dubidelbon 3,072,633 16 Half-Elf Ranger
288 Zallkronn Errabus 3,071,448 14 High Man Fighter
289 Cortesano Del'Oro 3,048,959 16 Half-Elf Thief
290 Gelendil Rimmer 3,043,055 15 Half-Elf Ranger
291 Rolo Ringole 3,041,695 15 Half-Elf Bard
292 Alyssya Sandorala 3,028,270 16 Half-Elf Thief
293 Thassallante Yulath 3,005,244 16 Fair Elf Sorcerer
294 Omino Chojun 2,991,516 12 Fair Elf Mage

307 Zepath Edgewater 2,815,971 8 Half-Elf Thief
318 Malleus Fulgrim 2,602,056 14 Half-Elf Ranger
320 Ravenstorm Blackwind 2,539,576 19 Fair Elf Healer
321 Crimson Of_Inverness 2,538,241 15 High Elf Fighter
330 Starshadow Kinslayer 2,471,515 14 Fair Elf Sorcerer
335 Woglinde Damhouder 2,406,926 14 Half-Elf Ranger
336 Tog Silpheed 2,399,669 12 High Man Fighter
366 Garet Jax 1,955,659 13 Half-Elf Fighter
367 Aivylark Frost 1,953,344 13 Fair Elf Bard
376 Shy Littlewing 1,869,148 11 Halfling Healer
388 Corson Greymantle 1,802,178 12 Fair Elf Bard
392 Celtic Darak 1,773,126 8 Fair Elf Mage
405 Ruriko Cho 1,700,498 7 Half-Elf Cleric
462 Bleeds Suncrusher 1,353,925 11 Half-Elf Sorcerer
474 Gilwen Uilos 1,305,651 13 Halfling Cleric
495 Misdy Meanor 1,172,740 10 Fair Elf Mage
581 Celtar Lomion 822,430 9 Fair Elf Fighter
645 Banthis Verist 653,306 59 High Man Ranger
726 Bevan Ravenswing 478,185 6 Fair Elf Bard
742 Von Reichman 452,892 7 Half-Elf Ranger
754 Kyrion Myrthar 433,349 7 Half-Elf Ranger
801 Warble Singsong 354,545 6 Fair Elf Bard
876 Rumproast RoastBeef 274,405 5 Half-Elf Thief
883 Plurep Pnerilemp 267,384 5 High Man Healer
915 Issigri Tallen 238,426 2 Halfling Thief

Kurili
11-10-2003, 03:13 PM
Look at all those names the Name Police would be screaming about today. I'm sure Rumproast RoastBeef would disrupt someone's roleplay and gaming experience just by walking through.

Heh Nothing changes.

Acolyte Kurili

TheRoseLady
11-10-2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Kurili
Look at all those names the Name Police would be screaming about today. I'm sure Rumproast RoastBeef would disrupt someone's roleplay and gaming experience just by walking through.

Heh Nothing changes.

Acolyte Kurili

I actually met that guy when I first started playing. He told me OOC that the reason he even created such a name was to mock the ones that he termed "The Trent Trublades". He had some bloody gear as well. (That was before they had a ban on bloody things..you know - it would dry, flake off and all that.) :rolleyes:

He was fun. Thanks for posting that - I'm amazed at the number of names I recognize and how very few are still around.

-TRL

CrystalTears
11-10-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by TheRoseLady
I'm amazed at the number of names I recognize and how very few are still around.

It has been 8 years. Not everyone will play a game for that long. It should be surprising that ANY of those people are still around.

Silleck
11-10-2003, 06:06 PM
I was playing for a good while before i quit, probally 5-7 years I don't remember

longshot
11-11-2003, 04:12 AM
190 Xwing Fighter 5,387,554 18 High Man Fighter

112 Vlad Drakulya 8,758,911 5 Half-Elf Sorcerer

Are you kidding me?

Nakiro
11-11-2003, 05:47 AM
Gemstone is designed for an everychanging evolving crowd. What do you think GS4 is all about, hrm?

5 years myself. 2 as Nakiro. 3 doing other stuff that didn't really matter since I deleted the chars.

Soulpieced
11-15-2003, 10:56 AM
Awesome fame list post. I've never seen a complete list like that.

LordSagan
11-15-2003, 03:23 PM
My god that brings back memories.

Thank you ;)

Xwing was great...he would even have travel scripts which talked about "x-foils locking into place...engines heating up..."...it was a riot.

Vlad was Vlad...you didn't fek with his name ;)

"Roleplay" was alot different back then. We all had fun...nobody was uptight about "How" you roleplayed...everyone did their own thing. Today, people are far too uptight about the "right and wrong" way to roleplay. So are the GM's.

It's true, some things do not have their place....but ultimately, we're all here to have fun. If someone walking through the room with the name "Xwing" ruins your gaming experience....you have issues, and need to get outside more. To each his own, live and let live....if someone isn't directly interfering with you....let them be. Mind you...this is the player of Sagan talking. Sagan himself would likely cut your tongue out for far less ;)

Hell, my first character name was "Deathangel" ;)

StrayRogue
11-15-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by LordSagan
So do the GMs.

I somehow feel RP is a secondary issue in most GM's minds, ESPECIALLY when it comes to names.

Yedwen
11-16-2003, 09:03 AM
Not most names are really that bad. Most names that seem really bad back then people had an in character reason for it.

The names I cant tolerate are totally OOC names.

Artha
11-16-2003, 09:09 AM
Back then, most people used emoticons in their speech. We've moved up.

Yedwen
11-16-2003, 09:10 AM
Remember when everytime you casted something it always looked like:

<person> gestures and utters a phrase of magic ..

Wasnt that long ago. Like, a year maybe?

That pretty much sucked because you didnt really know what kind of spell they were going to cast .. (or what circle)

GuildRat
11-16-2003, 09:16 AM
OK, this has been killing me since the first time I saw him; how the hell did Waldo2 get the "2" in his name?

--baffled

HarmNone
11-16-2003, 09:23 AM
A re-creation of the original Waldo, I believe. Hence, Waldo2. Although the name would not have been acceptable when the GMs were paying attention to such things, his (and a few others) were "grandfathered" in.

HarmNone

GuildRat
11-16-2003, 09:26 AM
Ahhhhh....gotchya...tanks Harm..I just know that any time I tried to use punctuation or numbers, the keys were "invalid".

Des ka
11-16-2003, 09:26 AM
Old log back in '01. Back when Angelbee was around ..

resync
Done. (Note: To resend room name and/or description you must do a LOOK)

>You hear the subdued thoughts of Kylinarr echo in your mind:
"selling a thin silver-linked waistchain mb: 1 silver cb: 1 coin Jadziana once"

>resync
Done. (Note: To resend room name and/or description you must do a LOOK)

>A kobold shepherd just arrived!
A rolton trots in!

>You hear the subdued thoughts of Lunatick echo in your mind:
"angelbee think i lost my mind, i lost my thoughts, fell a little behind, so rethink "

>You hear the subdued thoughts of Rumeyr echo in your mind:
"1k waistchain"

>You hear the subdued thoughts of Kylusa echo in your mind:
"1k waistchain"

>A kobold shepherd swings a shepherd's crook at you!
AS: +55 vs DS: +383 with AvD: +23 + d100 roll: +15 = -290
A clean miss.

>Gamdillo just arrived.
>Gamdillo just went southeast.
"bah"

You hear the subdued thoughts of Kylinarr echo in your mind:
"selling a thin silver-linked waistchain mb: 1 silver cb: 1k Rumeyr"

>l[Graendlor Pasture]
A broken, stony meadow slopes down before you towards a brush-lined creek. Short, limby pines and modwirs line the ridgetop, and a shaded path wends its way towards a forested valley to the west. A gentle breeze blows across the meadow, carrying the distinct smell of the roltons and gaks that call this pasture home. You also see a rolton, a kobold shepherd, the Vorthais disk and a pile of rolton droppings.
Obvious paths: west, northeast, northwest, southeast.

>A rolton tries to bite a kobold shepherd!
AS: +6 vs DS: +64 with AvD: +50 + d100 roll: +85 = +77
A clean miss.
>w
[Ocoma Vale]
Branches drape over the trail here, sheltering the path from the sunlight above you. Sporadic bleating is carried on the breeze, wafting over the trail that leads over the ridge to the east.
Obvious paths: east, southwest.
>Your disk arrives, following you dutifully.

>swYou hear the subdued thoughts of Jadziana echo in your mind:
"5k"

[Ocoma Vale]
Wending its way amongst the trees and undergrowth, the trail leads down towards a small clearing. Up the slope towards the northeast a squirrel chitters noisily, disturbed by your presence.
Obvious paths: northeast, southwest.
>sw
[Ocoma Vale]
A break in the trees reveals a clear view of the wooded valley below and of the rugged peaks beyond it to the south. The scent of the pines and modwirs surrounding the small clearing fills the air.
Obvious paths: east, northeast, southeast, southwest.

>Gamdillo just arrived.

You hear the subdued thoughts of Aurndil echo in your mind:
"paying for some strength and wall of force"

>A hobgoblin snarls menacingly as she rushes in!
A hobgoblin snarls menacingly as he rushes in!
>eGamdillo just went southeast.
>
[Ocoma Vale]
A massive boulder, nearly the size of two houses, dominates the forest with its gargantuan presence. A hodgepodge of small poles and branches has been laid against the boulder on one side, providing shelter from the wind and rain in stormy weather.
Obvious paths: west, southeast, southwest.
"selling a thin silver-linked waistchain mb: 1 silver cb: 5k Jadziana"

>swThe brilliant luminescence fades from around you.
>
[Ocoma Vale]
The grassy sward sways gently, dancing as a slight breeze carries over the meadow. The peacefulness of the moment is lost quickly, however, as the harsh, guttural voices of hobgoblins are carried on the wind.
Obvious paths: northeast, northwest, southeast.
>se
[Ocoma Vale]
Small purple violets poke their way through the grass surrounding a pile of stones, growing comfortably in the sheltering shade. A myriad of tracks can be seen in this crossroads, most of the prints the easily discernible plodding tracks of hobgoblins. You also see a spotted lynx.
Obvious paths: northeast, northwest, southeast, southwest.
>A spotted lynx tries to bite you!
AS: +78 vs DS: +348 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +5 = -233
A clean miss.

>Adock just arrived.
>A hobgoblin rushes in, howling with rage!
A hobgoblin rushes in, howling with rage!
>Adock just went southeast.
>se
[Ocoma Vale]
Grasshoppers leap amongst the thick blades of grass, the larger insects' wings chattering loudly as they fly. Winding, time-worn paths lead through the grassy meadow in several directions, beckoning you to follow.
Obvious paths: northeast, northwest, southwest.
>ne
[Ocoma Vale]
Trees stand silently on the edge of the valley, passive witnesses to the passing of travellers and hunters. Unwilling to be as silent as their forest abode, dark blue jays chatter loudly as they swoop through the branches overhead. You also see a hobgoblin, a mongrel hobgoblin and a hobgoblin shaman.
Obvious paths: east, southwest.
>e
[Ocoma Vale]
Fungus grows along the length of some greyed rolton bones that have been hung from the low branches of a pine tree. The bones dangle in a circular pattern, surrounding a small pile of stones which are topped with the rolton's skull. The silence of the forest seems to deepen eerily in the presence of the odd marker.
Obvious paths: west, southwest.

>Vyae just arrived.
sw>You hear the faint thoughts of Ziiare echo in your mind:
"6k"
>
[Ocoma Vale]
The pleasant scent of modwir branches hangs over the area, mingled with the distinct presence of pines. The rugged beauty of the mountain and the fresh forest smells lend an invigorating quality to the air.
Obvious paths: northeast, southwest.
>Vyae just arrived.
>Vyae just went southwest.
>sw
[Ocoma Vale]
Off to the side of the trail through the trees, branches and grasses have been gathered into a circular pile, creating a bed for some wandering creature. The trees thin towards the southwest, offering a glimpse of the rocky peak.
Also here: Adock
Obvious paths: northeast, southeast.
>se
[Ocoma Vale]
A thick patch of snarled hobgoblin hair clings to a nearby stump, disturbing the serenity of the grassy meadow to the southeast. Sparse trees line the path as it leads into the forest, snaking away from the silent glen.
Obvious paths: northwest, southeast.
>se
[Ocoma Vale]
A lone pine snag stands in the middle of this grassy clearing like an aging monarch. Lightning scars can be seen encircling the trunk of the tree, and its top has fallen a short distance away, victim to the ravages of a storm long past. You also see a hobgoblin shaman and a mongrel hobgoblin.
Also here: Vyae
>Vyae removes a veniom-hilted falchion from in his leather ankle sheath.
Vyae slings a midnight black shield off from over his shoulder.
>sYou can't go there.
>ses
[Ocoma Vale]
This end of the valley spreads in a pleasant, green meadow of wild grasses and flowers. To the south, foothills rise up towards the towering peak of Wehntoph, the gentle slopes giving way to the mountain's rugged face. You also see some lynx hide armor.
Obvious paths: south, northeast, northwest.
>
[Wehntoph, Highland Hills]
The terrain gently slopes upward from the valley below, the lush green of the vale losing its hold to the less friendly soil. Small wildflowers begin to peek out from the grass, their forms varied and colorful. You also see a feather decorated bone spear, a hobgoblin, a leather skull cap, a lynx skull and a feather decorated bone spear.
Obvious paths: north, west, southeast.
>Vyae just arrived.
Your disk arrives, following you dutifully.
>Vyae just went west.
>se
The ground is peppered with dozens of little holes, home to some of the many tiny rodents that live in the area. From time to time a small furry head pops out, only to dive back into the burrow at the faintest movement or noise.
Obvious paths: northeast, northwest.

>You hear the subdued thoughts of Auntia echo in your mind:
"Any eonake maces around fer sale?"

>neYou hear the subdued thoughts of Kylinarr echo in your mind:
"selling a thin silver-linked waistchain mb: 1 silver cb: 5k Jadziana once"
>
Litter, charred wood, and a few old utensils are scattered about a much-used firepit of worn round stones. You can look down to the vale from this vantage point, but the cliffside beneath is treacherous and unclimbable.
Obvious paths: southwest.

>swYou hear the subdued thoughts of Maiken echo in your mind:
"a sinister rucksack embroidered with ancient runes along the flap.. nice ol' evil alter for your back. Holds a good 100 pounds, closeable. First bid of 800k takes it."
>
The ground is peppered with dozens of little holes, home to some of the many tiny rodents that live in the area. From time to time a small furry head pops out, only to dive back into the burrow at the faintest movement or noise.
Obvious paths: northeast, northwest.
>nw
The terrain gently slopes upward from the valley below, the lush green of the vale losing its hold to the less friendly soil. Small wildflowers begin to peek out from the grass, their forms varied and colorful. You also see a feather decorated bone spear, a hobgoblin which appears dead, a leather skull cap, a lynx skull and a feather decorated bone spear.
Also here: Gileb
Obvious paths: north, west, southeast.
>w
A tiny spring bubbles gently, several small rocks purposely encircling it. An iridescent green dragonfly floats lightly upon the surface of the water, shifting only to compensate for the slight breeze.
Obvious paths: south, east, southeast.
>s
The bones of a small animal rest near a patch of fireweed, tiny midges buzzing nearby. The grass here grows in clumps, a few hardy shrubs dotting the path as well.
Obvious paths: north, south.
> * Thanghor just bit the dust!
s> * Itonje just bit the dust!

An odd greyish rock sits directly in the path, a large crack running down its center. A huge chunk is also missing from the top of the stone, as if somebody or something had slammed it quite hard.
Obvious paths: north, east, southwest.
>sw
[Wehntoph, Northern Slopes]
A large horned goat peers at you from a safe distance, his ears cocked at your intrusion. His cloven feet seem far better suited to this terrain than yours. You also see a storm giant and a puma that appears stunned.
Also here: Vyae
Obvious paths: northeast, southeast, southwest.
>se
The wind carries a sharp edge, cutting through even the heaviest apparel. The vale is a distant carpet of green, and the mountain looms taller than ever. Ragweed, spindly brush and loose stones are all that seem to take hold upon this slope. You also see a wind witch and a giant skin.
>A wind witch points her outstretched hands at you!
A wind witch hurls a powerful lightning bolt at you!
AS: +127 vs DS: +211 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +5 = -42
A clean miss.

>stance offY
ou are now in an offensive stance.
>att wit

You swing a serrated broadsword at a wind witch!
AS: +192 vs DS: +75 with AvD: +36 + d100 roll: +80 = +233
... and hit for 95 points of damage!
Powerful slash leaves the wind witch without a right leg!
A wind witch screams and falls to the ground grasping its mangled right leg!
The wind witch is stunned!
Roundtime: 5 sec.

>A wind witch cackles madly, shaking off the stun!
A storm giant lumbers in, surrounded by a raging storm!
>stance ad
You are now in an advancing stance.
>att wit
You swing a serrated broadsword at a wind witch!
AS: +154 vs DS: +25 with AvD: +36 + d100 roll: +87 = +252
... and hit for 108 points of damage!
Incredible shot impales a kidney. Too painful to even scream.
The wind witch howls in agony one last time and dies.
The silvery luminescence fades from around a wind witch.
The bright luminescence fades from around a wind witch.
>You hear the subdued thoughts of Niterezz echo in your mind:
"looking for some kind of necklace think to me with what you got?"

>A storm giant swings a massive battle axe at you!
AS: +147 vs DS: +169 with AvD: +36 + d100 roll: +1 = +15
A clean miss.

>You hear the subdued thoughts of Angelbee echo in your mind:
"Selling a silver caged bird earring (As you turn your caged bird earring, a stray beam of light dances across the surface) , and a dusty miner's satchel TTM"

>search wit
You search the wind witch.
You discard the witch's useless equipment.
It didn't carry any silver.
It had nothing of interest.
A wind witch dissipates into the air, leaving nothing behind.
>att gia
You swing a serrated broadsword at a storm giant!
AS: +154 vs DS: +64 with AvD: +25 + d100 roll: +34 = +149
... and hit for 9 points of damage!
Quick slash to the storm giant's upper left arm!
Just a nick.
>Adock just arrived.
>att gia
A storm giant raises her fists to the sky.
>You swing a serrated broadsword at a storm giant!
AS: +154 vs DS: +64 with AvD: +25 + d100 roll: +81 = +196
... and hit for 22 points of damage!
Blow leaves an imprint on the storm giant's chest!

>You hear the faint thoughts of Demonaic echo in your mind:
"Any bards around to establish a price on an item please?"

>att gia

You swing a serrated broadsword at a storm giant!
AS: +154 vs DS: +64 with AvD: +25 + d100 roll: +7 = +122
... and hit for 5 points of damage!
Stomach shot lands with a hollow *thump*.

You hear the subdued thoughts of Kylinarr echo in your mind:
"selling a thin silver-linked waistchain mb: 1 silver cb: 6k Noami"

>A storm giant claps her hands together in front of you!
You notice a gas cloud begin to form above you.
>l[Wehntoph, Northern Slopes]
The wind carries a sharp edge, cutting through even the heaviest apparel. The vale is a distant carpet of green, and the mountain looms taller than ever. Ragweed, spindly brush and loose stones are all that seem to take hold upon this slope. You also see a gas cloud, a storm giant, the Vorthais disk and a giant skin.

>You hear the subdued thoughts of Angelbee echo in your mind:
"Looking for a full spell up, tipping well TTM please"

>ne

Huge footprints lead off in all directions, their marks forming an odd pattern around a broken and now useless club resting just off the path. The soil beneath your feet rumbles ever so slightly, as if something quite large were passing near. You also see a thunder troll and a flamberge.
Obvious paths: northeast, southwest, up.
>stance def
Y
ou are now in a defensive stance.

>warcry bert tr
With a grim look on your face you throw back your head and let loose a terrible bellow!

A thunder troll looks momentarily surprised but otherwise unaffected.

>
A thunder troll swings a flamberge at you!
AS: +155 vs DS: +358 with AvD: +40 + d100 roll: +81 = -82
A clean miss.

>A thunder troll just arrived!

>warcry bert tr...wait 1 seconds.

>warcry bert trYou glare at a thunder troll and let out a nerve-shattering bellow!
A thunder troll is startled enough to lose initiative!

[You have 8 repetition(s) remaining.]

Roundtime: 10 sec.

"selling a thin silver-linked waistchain mb: 1 silver cb: 10k Jadziana"
>
A thunder troll raises its fists to the sky.
>You hear the subdued thoughts of Reuter echo in your mind:
"selling a glistening glaes longsword. Very nice 3x, 25k"

>You hear the faint thoughts of Ziiare echo in your mind:
"7k"

"sellin: a fish spine sword (broad based) (exeptional crit weighted) 1 mil flat (listening to all trades to) (prefer trades) Send a thought my way about it buying: some sinister black parachment wings and some long bloodstained fangs"

>You hear the subdued thoughts of Velitchka echo in your mind:
"Any private pickers available for a few thrak boxes?"

>stance ad
You are now in an advancing stance.
>tackle tr
You hurl yourself at a thunder troll and connect with a weak grip.
MS: +58 - MD: +46 + MAvA: -3 + d100: +52 == +61
Failed!
You fail to bring a thunder troll down, but manage to scramble back to your feet.

Roundtime: 7 sec.

A thunder troll claps its hands together in front of you!
CS: +45 - TD: +53 + CvA: +12 + d100: +78 == +82
Warded off!
>A strong gust of wind blows by you!
>tackle tr...wait 2 seconds.
tackle tr>...wait 1 seconds.
>tackle tr...wait 1 seconds.

>tackle trYou hurl yourself at a thunder troll and connect with a weak grip.
MS: +58 - MD: +46 + MAvA: -3 + d100: +31 == +40
Failed!
You fail to bring a thunder troll down!

Roundtime: 7 sec.

>You hear the subdued thoughts of Reuter echo in your mind:
"selling a glistening glaes longsword. Very nice 3x, MB: 25k"
>
A thunder troll swings a flamberge at you!
AS: +155 vs DS: +109 with AvD: +40 + d100 roll: +57 = +143
... and hits for 34 points of damage!
Hard slash to belly severs a few nerve endings.
You are stunned for 3 rounds!
>quit

[Edited on 11-16-2003 by Des ka]