PDA

View Full Version : Argent Dawn Server Transfers

Jadewolff
01-25-2006, 09:10 PM
Just an FYI to anyone that still has characters on AD. This was on the main page today.

Select Character Transfers to New Realm! - Eyonix on 1/25/06

We will be opening character transfers for the 12 realms listed below tomorrow, Thursday, January 26 at 3:00 AM. Characters on these realms will be able to transfer to a new PvP realm, Mug'Thul. This round of transfers will be open Monday through Friday from 3:00 AM to 3:00 PM PST until Wednesday, February 1 at 3:00 PM PST. Please be aware that until the transfer window is closed, standard character creation will be unavailable for Mug'Thul. We do want to emphasize that Mug'Thul is a standard Player vs. Player (PvP) realm type, and players transferring from an RP or PvE realm type will not have an opportunity to transfer back once the transfer has been made.

Archimonde
Zul'jin
Bloodhoof
Khadgar
Mannoroth
Warsong
Bleeding Hollow
Skullcrusher
Argent Dawn
Azgalor
Burning Blade
Burning Legion

Character transfers are available Monday thru Friday from 3AM to 3PM. If you're interested in transferring your characters from the realms listed above to the new PvP realm, please click here.

Wezas
01-26-2006, 08:57 AM
Heh, it's damn tempting to transfer my capped rogue & level 50 paladin to a PvP realm.

Never thought they'd allow that.

CrystalTears
01-26-2006, 09:02 AM
Bummer, my characters weren't available to transfer, and I know I have at least 2 on AD. :(

Some Rogue
01-26-2006, 09:35 AM
They changed their minds, no PvE to PvP transfers.

Wezas
01-26-2006, 09:50 AM
I didn't think they'd let RP transfer to a PVP

CrystalTears
01-26-2006, 09:57 AM
Right, and it's 10am here AND it's Thursday, January 26th. So if that's Pacific time for them, that's still 6am for me. (Real smooth, Exlax, rewording your post.. I'm onto you, man)

I can't transfer because they're not allowing RP to transfer to a PvP realm.

Numbers
01-26-2006, 01:44 PM
You mean Blizzard used a bait and switch?

No! Never!

Blizzard would never stoop to doing THAT! They have too much integrity and care for their customers!

/sarcasm

Some Rogue
01-26-2006, 02:48 PM
Well, saying they were going to allow it in the first place was a switch. They've contended all along there won't ever be cross ruleset transfers.

Wezas
01-26-2006, 02:53 PM
That's what I remember as well.

I can honestly say that it's more difficult to cap on a PvP server than it is a regular/RP server, so it would be an imbalance to the game.

Numbers
01-26-2006, 03:08 PM
Thing is, these transfers are to a brand new server. It wouldn't be like allowing transfers from a PvE ruleset server that's been around a long while to an already existing PvP server that's only been around for a month or two. In that case, it would cause an imbalance.

But when it's a fresh server, you're starting out with thousands of 60's. In fact, chances are that 60's are always going to outnumber low levels on that new server forever. So, in terms of levelling difficulty, there wouldn't be much impact.

In any case, with the number of servers they're letting transfer, that new server's going to have crazy queues.

CrystalTears
01-26-2006, 03:15 PM
I'm not sure what kind of realms those all are, but I know that AD and Khadgar are RP servers. If they're not allowing RP to transfer to PvP, that's already two less server transfers to worry about.

Yeah I know, just a game, let people do whatever they want, yada yada. But I'm not in favor of allowing transfers between rulesets like that. If you want to play on a PvP server, start and finish there. Starting in an RP one and transferring to a PvP later is just insulting to those that had a harder time leveling because of the PvP environment.

Edited to add: They've relisted the realms available for transfer, which exclude the RP ones.

Archimonde
Mannoroth
Warsong
Bleeding Hollow
Skullcrusher
Azgalor
Burning Blade
Burning Legion

Some Rogue
01-26-2006, 04:00 PM
Yes, they'd all be 60's but I'd be willing to bet the PvE people are better geared than the PvP ones. Farming mats, getting to instances, etc is easier on a PvE server.

Hips
01-26-2006, 05:05 PM
That's sad, I was hoping that some of the dumbasses on Argent Dawn would leave for the new PvP server. :(

Trinitis
01-26-2006, 11:50 PM
I'm not sure what kind of realms those all are, but I know that AD and Khadgar are RP servers. If they're not allowing RP to transfer to PvP, that's already two less server transfers to worry about.

Yeah I know, just a game, let people do whatever they want, yada yada. But I'm not in favor of allowing transfers between rulesets like that. If you want to play on a PvP server, start and finish there. Starting in an RP one and transferring to a PvP later is just insulting to those that had a harder time leveling because of the PvP environment.

Edited to add: They've relisted the realms available for transfer, which exclude the RP ones.

Archimonde
Mannoroth
Warsong
Bleeding Hollow
Skullcrusher
Azgalor
Burning Blade
Burning Legion
Khadgar is a normal server dear, not an RP server. ;)

Axhinde
01-26-2006, 11:56 PM
Actually, I think it would be even harder to level on a server full of 60s who are BG'd out, burned out on raids, and have a bunch of time on their hands.

UberGearedAsshole1: "dam im bored. wut we gun do?"
SlightlyLessGearedTool: "dunno. afk food"
UberGearedAsshole2: "lets gank noobs"
UberGearedAsshole1: "fuk yah man, we'll gank some noobs"

The trio then speed off to Hillsbrad and pwn every level 30 they see. When they're done, what do they do? What else do bored level 60 gankers do? CORPSE CAMP! When, finally, even that gets boring, they HS to IF...but not before shouting "Learn2play nubs!!hahahhaha oh shit my mom just caught me, gtg bai!"