PDA

View Full Version : Old Ranger returning with questions

tyknee
01-24-2006, 07:20 PM
Okay so I played back during the "Leave AOL and join the new web portal!" days. I've played a couple times in bits and pieces, but never really dug into all the new changes and whatnot.

So here are my questions:

1) What is Sprit Mana Control?

2) What is Harness Power? I'm thinking one of them is the new mana sharing. If so, is it still 26 trains to full sharing?

3) So survival is the new first aid for skinning? Or should I be training both? I really don't care about stopping bleeding, just skinning.

4) What's the best Ranger armor to train for? Back in the day it was Double Leather if you liked to cast a lot and Brig if you were a real man. I've heard that people are into the heavier armors now a days though. Are we looking at chain? (how much trains for each would be useful info as well)

5) Climbing and Swimming. Still .5x a train? Anything more/less needed?

6) Same as 5 but for Perception?

7) I'm training dodging now. How effective/usefull is that?

8) Does Voln-Fu still require brawling? Should I even bother as a Ranger? On one of my Rogues I could barely handle anything my level and I was double trained.

9) Ranger Guild, status?

10) Anything else I should know? Can I change all my training at any time? It seems to let me deduct trainings as well, although I haven't done that yet.

Kitsun
01-24-2006, 11:14 PM
1) Spiritual Mana Share is the old Mana Share skill divided up into three pieces; the other two being Elemental and Mental. You can ony share like share to like share.

2) Harness Power is basically mana. Training up to 1x per level grants 3 mana per. If you overtrain it is only 1 more mana per rank.

3) FA and Survival count the same toward skinning. They both have different benefits. FA affects herb eating time. Survival gives weather condition resistance and help with ice patches.

4) Never been a ranger, no idea.

5) Around 24 ranks oughta get ya darn near anywhere. More ranks, of course, makes it easier to move if you're injuried, carrying too damn much, etc.

6) My pures go on 24 ranks of perception. But it is factored into defense versus ambush now, so vary according to your taste.

7) Dodge is DS. It is pretty useful but I'll let the ranger experts fill you in on how much to train in it.

8) Yes. Archer rangers tend to go with fu a lot.

9) No idea

10) If you just came back to GS since the conversion to IV, then you have a one month super spiffy quick migration period. If you are in that, I recommend playing around with your character and messing with your skills a lot. Try out some stuff that you haven't before. Lots of options to explore.

Fallen
01-25-2006, 02:14 AM
http://www.nilandia.com/

Should answer just about any mechanics question you could have that has a definite answer. The site is specifically designed to help ease the transition between the old game and the new.

Drew
01-25-2006, 03:29 AM
You should at least 1x perception if you intend to ambush.

Rangers are the best voln-fu'ers.