PDA

View Full Version : Can't.. stop.. laughing..

Drew2
10-15-2003, 08:29 PM
>[Icemule Trace, Town Center]
The bustling town comes together in this square. Halflings dressed in varying fashions stand about, some chattering happily, others reclining on cloaks laid on the ground. One ancient halfling leans against the base of the large ice statue of a mule, snoring blissfully. A feeling of community pervades the area, putting you immediately at ease. You also see the Scaxton disk, the Sraven disk, a shiny ring, some torban leaf, some ephlox moss, some torban leaf, some woth flower, some wolifrew lichen, some torban leaf, some wolifrew lichen, some calamia fruit, some torban leaf, some ambrominas leaf, some haphip root, a painted sign and a carved ice bench with some stuff on it.
Also here: Renowned Lady Sraven, Scaxton, Great Lord Khaitiff, Serre, Kenjiro, Seran, Daina, Dwilam, Warscooterhm, Toregar who is lying down, Valqon, Zaaknafien, Lord Odiouss, Stormcloud who is sitting
Obvious paths: north, south, east, west

Whoever did this is freaking hilarious. You should come watch.

theotherjohn
10-15-2003, 08:30 PM
* Warscooterhm is off to a rough start! He just bit the dust!

Chadj
10-15-2003, 08:31 PM
Im comin!
Im in mule if anyone needs me :P

Drew2
10-15-2003, 08:33 PM
You gesture at Warscooterhm.
CS: +230 - TD: 0 + CvA: +18 + d100: +86 - +5 == +329
Warding failed!
... 50 points of damage!
Strike to stomach sends Warscooterhm doubling over to the ground.

* Warscooterhm drops dead at your feet!

Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
>grin
>
>
You grin.
>l
[Icemule Trace, Exterior]
A sheer cliff of ice blocks the ice trail. A crevice opens in the wall, likely leading into and perhaps under the glacier. Moonlight sparkles on the ice illuminating the area.
Also here: the body of Warscooterhm who is lying down
Obvious paths: southwest
>
You hear the ghostly voice of Warscooterhm say, "haaaaaaaaa"
>cackle
>
You cackle!
>
You hear the ghostly voice of Warscooterhm say, "i can't emembers anyway"
>laugh
You laugh out loud!
>

Snapp
10-15-2003, 08:44 PM
LOL that is too much!

Drew2
>
You wave your bloodwood wand at Warscooterhm.
1d100: 10 + Modifiers: 153 == 163

CS: +202 - TD: +6 + CvA: +18 + d100: +52 == +266
Warding failed!
A ragged wound rips open Warscooterhm's jugular, which begins spurting blood.
>
Evelith smiles at Kalishar.
>howl
gig
You throw your head back and howl!
Warscooterhm hauls off and slaps Chadj up'side his head!
>You giggle.
>
Warscooterhm hauls off and slaps you up'side your head!
Chadj grins at you.
>
Evelith stares at you.
>
Serre just went east.
Tihlad says in Elven, "i've had enough of this"
>wave wand at war
Valqon gives Evelith a friendly hug.
You wave your bloodwood wand at Warscooterhm.
1d100: 96 + Modifiers: 153 == 249

CS: +202 - TD: +6 + CvA: +18 + d100: +13 == +227
Warding failed!
Blood gushes from Warscooterhm's neck!

Evelith exclaims in Elven, "Tayre!"
>dance
>
Svardin says, "hmm"
You dance around the room to music only you can hear.
>
You hear the ghostly voice of Warscooterhm say, "haaaaa"
>
Evelith gawks at you.
>
Stormcloud frowns.
>gig
Chadj laughs!
You giggle.
>
Evelith exclaims in Elven, "Mellon!"
>howl
You throw your head back and howl!
Chadj lets out a cheer!
>roll war
roll war
A snow bird just flew in.
>You need a free hand to do that.
You need a free hand to do that.
>
With great effort the spirit of Warscooterhm gives a keening cry, spectral tears falling to the ground.
>'He likes it
>
You say, "He likes it"
>nod ev
You nod to Evelith.
>
Svardin says, "hmm"
>
* Esl just bit the dust!
stow gold wand
>You put a golden wand in your kelyn-threaded rucksack.
>
* Irksum returns home from a hard day of adventuring.
>
Chadj says, "Bah, i dont have any non-lethal spells."
>
Jarlstrom blinks.
>
Starna just arrived.
>"He looseseses his memories.
You say, "He looseseses his memories."
>
You hear the ghostly voice of Warscooterhm say, "don't make me call warclaidhm to kick you ass"
>
You feel more refreshed.
>
Kalishar grins.
>
Evelith asks, "You...like it?"
Chadj laughs!
>laugh war
You laugh at Warscooterhm!
>
You hear the ghostly voice of Warscooterhm exclaim, "that's my brother!"
Evelith glances at Warscooterhm.

Trinitis
You gesture.
You cast into the air above you and the sky rips open into a void! The fissure begins to feed on the air around you!
The North Gate guard frowns at the void.
Warscooterhm is sucked into the void!
Rather abrupt decompression causes Warscooterhm to explode!
Billions and billions of tiny bits of flesh shower everything.
Quite severely dead.

* Warscooterhm has been vaporized!

Drew2
10-15-2003, 08:45 PM
You hear the ghostly voice of Warscooterhm exclaim, "he's gonna beat you up!"
>
Chadj beams happily at Warscooterhm!
>
Starna gestures at Warscooterhm.
A luminescent web briefly forms around Warscooterhm, then fades into the body.
>
Stormcloud nods to Warscooterhm.
>
Evelith scratches her head.
A Silvermule courier just arrived on her way to deliver a message.
>
You hear the ghostly voice of Warscooterhm say, "oh bah"
>
Gyp just arrived.
>
Gyp sits down.
>
Kalishar scratches Evelith's back.
>
Jarlstrom says, "claid is lil"
>
Evelith acts puzzled.
>
Jarlstrom shrugs.
>
Evelith gives Kalishar a lingering kiss.
>
Tihlad says in Elven, "its revolting."
Ranpalandil removes a camouflage vultite axe from in his leather sheath.
>
You hear the ghostly voice of Warscooterhm say, "claihemmm"
>
Kalishar says, "Sometimes its a shame when you let things grow beyond birth."
You hear the ghostly voice of Warscooterhm say, "but i fell off my scooter like him."
>
The courier heads south in a determined manner.
>
Kalishar grins at Warscooterhm.
Jarlstrom laughs!
>roll laugh
You fall to the ground laughing hysterically!
Svardin points at a carved fire opal clasp.
>
Chadj smirks.
>
Tihlad nods to Kalishar.
>
Chadj turns to Warscooterhm and cheers!
>laugh
You laugh out loud!
>
Evelith clears her throat.
>
Svardin chuckles.
>
Jekar's group just arrived.
>
Jekar's group just went west.
>
Gnaeusprimus just arrived.
>
You feel more refreshed.
>
The ghost of Warscooterhm whispers, "may as well go, i'm kept for 35 min LOOOOOL"
>
Tihlad shivers.
>gawk starn
You gawk at Starna.
>
Tihlad takes a drink from his chocolate cocoa.
>
Gnaeusprimus sits down.
>
You hear the ghostly voice of Warscooterhm say, "you all stink"
>'Why'd you keep him!?
Tihlad takes a drink from his chocolate cocoa.
Starna whispers, "Could ye spars some healing this evening pleasE?"
You ask, "Why'd you keep him!?"
>
The ghostly laughter of Warscooterhm echoes through the room, sending a shiver down your spine.
>
Warscooterhm just left.

Who me
10-15-2003, 11:12 PM
Dumb.

Jenisi
10-15-2003, 11:18 PM
So how many times today has this guy died because of his name? Down with Warclaidhm!

GarrsSoul
10-16-2003, 12:36 AM
Alright...to me this seems very stupid.....how the fuck would you feel if someone decided to kill you over and over and over just because you had no idea what roleplaying was and you had a stupid name....leave him alone guys...sheesh.

Halfsilver
10-16-2003, 12:41 AM
OMG, I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I agree with Garr.

This whole situation is totally OOC and completely retarded.

Whoever made that name is an idiot.

PFfft! And you people complain about OOC'ness. boo.

-grays/d:barf:

edited: Garr you mispelled your mood, bro. Did you know that you were named after a really ugly, long, skinny fish with sharp teeth?

[Edited on 10-16-2003 by Halfsilver]

Drew2
10-16-2003, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by GarrsSoul
Alright...to me this seems very stupid.....how the fuck would you feel if someone decided to kill you over and over and over just because you had no idea what roleplaying was and you had a stupid name....leave him alone guys...sheesh.

You obviously know nothing of what was going on.

BTW, he asked to be killed. Repeatedly.

GarrsSoul
10-16-2003, 12:48 AM
I remember being asked repeatedly to kill someone...i refused for awhile...then he just got on my nerves and i did it...then i got in trouble for it, so...you have no excuse....leave him alone.

Drew2
10-16-2003, 12:51 AM
Um, you're dumb, you weren't there, Warscooterhm was a joke character, it wasn't because his name was stupid, choke on your food, and die.

Tendarian
10-16-2003, 12:55 AM
I agree with Grays,its OOC to name a character that and sad.

Halfsilver
10-16-2003, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Tayre
Um, you're dumb, you weren't there, Warscooterhm was a joke character, it wasn't because his name was stupid, choke on your food, and die.

Joke characters are stupid.

Whoever made warscooterhm is a tool.

It's also against policy.

Although Garr is misguided (big suprise), he isn't far from the mark by thinking the situation is wrong.

Drew2
10-16-2003, 12:56 AM
i don't believe they were striving for RP excellence. In fact, he kept whispering "I'm waiting on getting LCI'd". It was a joke, get off your royal high RP horses, it lasted 10 minutes, was over, kbye.

Tendarian
10-16-2003, 12:58 AM
If you knew me you would know im not a rp person. I play my characters and have fun in GS. Joke characters are stupid period.

Drew2
10-16-2003, 01:07 AM
Granted, but it was funny to me. I'm not old.

Tendarian
10-16-2003, 01:08 AM
Doh! Im only 28!

Tendarian
10-16-2003, 01:11 AM
Seriously though im not offended. I just find it hypocritical that its so horrible to whisper in game about stuff on this board but to make a characters with OOC knowledge from this board is funny?

Halfsilver
10-16-2003, 01:26 AM
Key word = Hypocritical.

People bitch and moan about how horrible being OOC is, then they go and encourage complete stupidity like this.

By encourage, I mean laugh at, participate in.

Again, Not only is the name "warscooterhm" OOC but the reason it was created is OOC as well.

There are other, more IG ways of doing the same thing. Making a "joke" character is as blatantly OOC as saying "i just crashed my scooter and lost memory"

-grays/d :yawn:

JustMe
10-16-2003, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by GarrsSoul

OMFG.. hahahaha who in their fucking right mind would pick the name Warscooterhm in an RP game on PURPOSE without knowing jack about Warclaidhm? Exactly. The name was a joke and I seriously doubt the guy/girl cared if they were killed. Garr, do us a favor, stick your head in the toilet for awhile and let it soak in. :lol:

Edited to add: It might have been stupid but it was hilarious. I just wish I was closer to Mule to see it.

[Edited on 10-16-2003 by JustMe]

Drew2
10-16-2003, 01:42 AM
<insert dismissive, yet somehow self-centered comment here>

OOOOOHHH I beat Graysalin to it!! Now what's he gonna do???

Halfsilver
10-16-2003, 01:47 AM
LOL!

I don't think that I'm betterr than anyone or that your humor is beneath me or something.

I'm simply stating a fact. You people bitch about OOC'ness all the time. I can cite posts, if you like. Stuff like this is hypocritical.

Completely aside from THAT fact though, is my opinion. This was stupid. I would consider it so had I personally been present or had someone told me about it.
It detracts from the game. Make fun of warclaidhm. Kill warclaidhm. Do whatever.
Don't make a char and parade around blatantly Out of Character as "warscooterhm"

I'm sorry if you fail to see my point of view and frankly, I don't care if you do or not, but don't think that because I see it this way and not your way, that I'm stuck up.

-grays/d

Drew2
10-16-2003, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Halfsilver
Make fun of warclaidhm. Kill warclaidhm. Do whatever.

Dismissive

I'm sorry if you fail to see my point of view and frankly, I don't care if you do or not, but don't think that because I see it this way and not your way, that I'm stuck up.

-grays/d
Self-centered.

I AM GOD.

[Edited on 10-16-2003 by Tayre]

Tendarian
10-16-2003, 01:56 AM
OOC=OOC Either ways its bad or either way its acceptable. You cant have it both ways just cause its funny to you personally. If i made a character named Dante Culpepper (Viking NFL QB) and let people kill me for 20 minutes in TC would you be annoyed? Even if it was funny to me and my friends?

Drew2
10-16-2003, 01:58 AM
We didn't kill in TC. We killed oustide north gate. And it was me and Adredrin. I think someone else did too. But it was outside the gates.

I killed once in TC with the bloodwood wand. Then someone kept him so he left.

Next invalid point?

Edited because unvalid isn't a freaking word.

Or maybe it is at 1am. I dunno.

JustMe
10-16-2003, 01:58 AM
Do you know Dante Culpepper in person? Has he came in GS or on these boards and said many annoying and stupid things?

No. No.

Okay, try another example please.

Tendarian
10-16-2003, 02:01 AM
Do you know Warclaidhm in person?

Anyway how about if i made a character named TayreTheTool (no offense meant big guy just need an example and you seem to have somewhat thick skin) And let people kill me in tc and outside north gate? Better?

Drew2
10-16-2003, 02:02 AM
don't make fun of me i wasn't wearing a helmet the tool could have killed me omg.

(point in case)

JustMe
10-16-2003, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by Tendarian
Do you know Warclaidhm in person?

Anyway how about if i made a character named TayreTheTool (no offense meant big guy just need an example and you seem to have somewhat thick skin) And let people kill me in tc and outside north gate? Better?

No but I've talked to him enough times in game, seen him enough in game and seen him post enough stupid shit on these boards that the Warscooterhm idea was funny and he was asking for it. Just like the Bunnyhm idea, Idiothm idea and any other genius name they can come up with. 99.9% chance that you've never talked to Whateverthefuck that football players name is, he's never been on these boards and he hasn't been in GS. So when you want to make an example and use it, at least have it make sense and be something that you can relate it to. Theres also a huge chance that if you made that character and had him killed 100 times in TSC, very few people would know who he is named after.

[Edited on 10-16-2003 by JustMe]

DCSL
10-16-2003, 02:12 AM
I don't think joke names are too bad, as long as it doesn't go on and on forever. And I even have an RP high horse! I do think this particular joke name was kind of cruel, though.

My favorite joke names were the ones we all made up on Thanksgiving and Christmas and then killed ourselves so everyone would see:

* Fiftyturkeys just bit the dust!

Ah, the good times.

Tendarian
10-16-2003, 02:17 AM
99.9% chance that you've never talked to Whateverthefuck that football players name is, he's never been on these boards and he hasn't been in GS.

I did change the example so now your point is moot no?

I have never talked to Warclaidhm either and i dont plan to. See when people annoy me (even on here) i avoid them its something i like to do,sounds weird i know. (yeah its OOC too but as i said im no rper)

JustMe
10-16-2003, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by Tendarian

99.9% chance that you've never talked to Whateverthefuck that football players name is, he's never been on these boards and he hasn't been in GS.

I did change the example so now your point is moot no?

I have never talked to Warclaidhm either and i dont plan to. See when people annoy me (even on here) i avoid them its something i like to do,sounds weird i know. (yeah its OOC too but as i said im no rper)

If you made one about someone I knew, of course I'd laugh. I wouldn't care, and if you annoyed me, I could walk away from TSC. That's the good thing about GS, there's roughly how many different rooms to go to? Seeing a name scroll across my death window 100 times doesn't bother me either because my death window is the size of a business card and up in the top right corner of my screen.

Do it, make one called TayreTheTool, hell I'll come bloodburst you and watch you die, then I'll go about my way and be one happy camper. I don't let stupid little stuff like that bother me and frankly no one else should either.

If Warclaidhm got upset about it, tough cookies. He brought it on himself and he continues to bring it on himself. If he REALLY cared and wanted to straighten up his act he'd completely reroll, not let anyone know who he is and actually act mature with his new character. Otherwise it's going to be the same shit over and over.

Rowi
10-16-2003, 03:34 AM
Fiftyturkeys!? thats pretty funny.

Long live Pinkclaidhmo!

AnticorRifling
10-16-2003, 08:22 AM
OOC or not it was a joke, a moment and it's over. It wasn't like the person planned on staying around and was being OOC thru lack of caring or ignorance.

All of you people that are thinking it's wrong do me a favor let me know when those bugs in your collective asses die so that we can hold a funeral.

WarclaiddontmakefunofmeIgot'snosocialskillsorfreak ingclue should have been deeded a long time ago. Hopefully this joke pushes him over the edge. He makes more than just a few people grind their teeth trying to put up with him and after awhile you're down to just gums and realize it's easier just to kill/mock him. There are only so many times you can explain the same shit to the same person before you want to give them a damage padded helmet and lock them up.

Tendarian
10-16-2003, 12:03 PM
You are all right, its not that big of a deal but then neither is someone whispering OOC things to you. I just didnt like the fact that it seemed hypocritical to me.

Tendarian
10-16-2003, 12:58 PM
Haha it doesnt make me feel better and i do see a difference in that. I find it humerous as well i just dont get why its not condemed to as bad taste.

Trinitis
10-16-2003, 01:00 PM
I'd kill tayrethetool and enjoy it! I bet tayre would too!

-Adredrin

Tendarian
10-16-2003, 01:01 PM
But could you make Tayrethetool apologize to you about it? That is the key question.

Trinitis
10-16-2003, 01:02 PM
nah, I can only get that to work on unsuspecting people :P

-Adredrin

Tendarian
10-16-2003, 01:07 PM
Definately,most people on earth are hypocrites dont get me wrong. I am one and am glad to be one most days. I want my goals to always outshine what i can accomplish.

Basically all i was saying was who ever did it was stupid,not that it wasnt funny or anyone who did find it funny was a dumbass.

GemstoneFan
10-16-2003, 01:52 PM
"Whoever did it was stupid." That's a logical argument. How do you know whether the "whoever" has a 155 IQ or a 70 IQ? ;-)

I actually thought it was rather amusing, my ribs were hurting pretty bad when i read the log. The fact that the person was just funning around waiting to be LCI'd was even funnier.

The fact that the person DIDN'T get LCI'd I find even more interesting. Wonder if the GM's were having a little chuckle over it as well?

ElanthianSiren
10-16-2003, 02:13 PM
Everyone has done or said things that were hypocritical at a time or two. It's part of the human aspect of ourselves. I remember a similar situation with a wizard named BeautifulGreen awhile back. Someone rolled up UglyGreen, UglyPurple etc. It went on forever.

While I will agree that, yes, at first it's funny, there comes a point where, since it is so very ooc -- that it definitely impacts the gaming experience of the person it sets out to mock and is malicious.

-Melissa

10-16-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling
OOC or not it was a joke, a moment and it's over. It wasn't like the person planned on staying around and was being OOC thru lack of caring or ignorance.

All of you people that are thinking it's wrong do me a favor let me know when those bugs in your collective asses die so that we can hold a funeral.

I guess you'd think it was funny if there was a BoomBoomAnticor running around? Those kind of jokes are just stupid in-game.

-----------------------------------------

BoomBoomAnticor just arrived.

BoomBoomAnticor darkly says, "Where's my super dad!?"

I know that no one really calls you that maliciously, more as an ongoing joke. It still has no place in-game, and I'd prefer not to have to put up with too much added stupidity.

Kurili
10-16-2003, 02:42 PM
I dont think I was even IN game when it happenned, and most certainly not near Mule.

And I laughed my butt off. I am sorry if my OOC snickering here, on an OOC board, did something to ruin Warclaidhm's gaming experience.

(edited to add)

And I bet Anticor would laugh and think it was funny if someone did that.

Acolyte Kurili, wishing folks would lighten up a bit

[Edited on 10-16-2003 by Kurili]

AnticorRifling
10-16-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Tea & Strumpets

Originally posted by AnticorRifling

I guess you'd think it was funny if there was a BoomBoomAnticor running around? Those kind of jokes are just stupid in-game.

BoomBoomAnticor just arrived.

BoomBoomAnticor darkly says, "Where's my super dad!?"

I know that no one really calls you that maliciously, more as an ongoing joke. It still has no place in-game, and I'd prefer not to have to put up with too much added stupidity.

Actually you can bet money that I would be laughing very hard if that happened.

I am a firm believer that if I'm goin to laugh at others I damn well better be able to laugh at myself. If the joke is short lived it adds a bit of humor, granted it is OOC, but the humor dies off before it becomes a huge interuption because most of the people that do these types of jokes know when to quit. It's the ones that drag them on forever in game that make it old.

Tendarian
10-16-2003, 02:54 PM
Just to get some things straight here,

I dont care about Warclaidhm one bit my problem is bringing in OOC IN game thats it. If it was a made up log then its incredibly funny. I just dont like the fact that the same people who complain about OOC things constantly and horrible names are then thinking how funny this is. If this is ok and good for the game then so is saying i wish healme was in gs3 outloud in game. OOC is OOC is OOC is all im trying to say. If some OOC is ok then all OOC should be ok (No im not saying you did this Daina,you arnt the person who made the name i know this) Just cause its funny doesnt mean its right.

And for the love of god i dont really care honestly,i just feel compelled to respond someone shoot me.

Tendarian
10-16-2003, 03:07 PM
Sweet! Im right,i love being right probably cause i rarely am so when i am its refreshing. I really enjoy it.

If your saying that its only funny on these boards and bad in game (yes im slow) then i can agree. I wasnt getting that at all tho. Probably had to do with saying things like rp high horse and stuff.

Caramia
10-16-2003, 03:41 PM
i don't believe they were striving for RP excellence. In fact, he kept whispering "I'm waiting on getting LCI'd". It was a joke, get off your royal high RP horses, it lasted 10 minutes, was over, kbye.

So totally OOC, and this from people who often whine about the level of OOC in the game. Nice double standard! When you want to do it, it's fun and a joke and we should just get over it. When someone else does it, they're an abomination.

Xcalibur
10-16-2003, 03:44 PM
If I was warclaidhm, I would be proud to make so much reactions of people (between the age of 14-3X). I really hope he doesn't mind it, and even laugh of it too.

I really hope
:saint:

Snapp
10-16-2003, 03:45 PM
Oh geez, let's drop this already. It was a joke, it was hilarious to those who know Warclaidhm, it lasted 10 minutes. All done!

Trinitis
10-16-2003, 03:47 PM
Whine whine, bitch moan complain. Its a GAME. Your suposed to have fun. If you don't like something, DON'T deal with it. Simple as that. There will always be something about someone you DON'T like. So shaddap about it, move on, and find something you DO like.

-Adredrin

Caramia
10-16-2003, 03:51 PM
Gee Daina, there's nowhere in my post that attributes the quote to you, what are you getting all defensive for? And Tendarian wasn't even the one who made it, you got it from MY post.

I frigging cut and posted from Tayre's comments in Post 48102 and used quick reply at the bottom of the page. Maybe you need to go back and read my post again and tell me where it says it's your quote.

[Edited on 10-16-2003 by Caramia]

Drew2
10-16-2003, 04:14 PM
I AM HIGH OVERLORD OF IGUANAS.

edit: This post does have a purpose.

StrayRogue
10-16-2003, 04:18 PM
Daina, weren't you and Tayre mocking Warclaidhm the other day at a merchant with the aptly named Scooter?

Drew2
10-16-2003, 04:20 PM
He wasn't there. And she wasn't doing it. I was.

And I never mentioned his name. I just ran into Scooter and said I lost my memory. If you didn't know the story, it wasn't OOC.

Edit: Besides, OOC means Out of Character. And it DEFINATLY wasn't out of Tayre's character. If DAINA did something like that, then yes, it would be OOC.

Drew2
10-16-2003, 04:23 PM
The Cruicible was the dumbest book ever.

Omg.

StrayRogue
10-16-2003, 04:23 PM
If you say so. I thought it was referencing OOG personally, and was exactly why I wasn't rolling around on the ground in laughter.

Drew2
10-16-2003, 04:24 PM
To the characters, the simple fact that I ran into her and lost my memory could be humorous, regardless of its OOG connection. If I started talking about actually riding SCOOTERS, then yes, I would have been in the wrong. But I didn't.