PDA

View Full Version : Stupid car problems

Kuyuk
01-12-2006, 11:40 AM
Here's a rundown of it...

02 VW Bug, got it new

Check engine light came on, went to a small business to get it checked out, P0420. OK, not a huge problem to drive on, they reset it and we go on our way to see if it comes up again, which could mean a potential serious problem.

comes up again, we bring it to a VW dealer since the cat. converter is still under fed. warranty until 80k miles (we have 76.5k). They check it out, reset the light, and tell us if it comes on again, they'll replace it. We tell them it's already come on before and it needs to be replaced.

They tell us since the first time it wasnt checked by a VW dealer, it doesnt matter since they have no record of it. Rat bastards.

We're planning on leaving to go to florida tonight (driving) and will be gone for 10 days. At 76k miles and the warranty being up at 80k, it's a problem as one can tell. We really push for it to be replaced, they deny us like HN denies me.

This morning we start the car up and the light is blinking, meaning we cannot drive it to the dealer (40 mins away) to get it replaced. Which moreorless means that we need to bite the bullet on a tow-truck to get it fixed when the car was there twice in the past two days when we were practically begging(bitching) that it gets replaced.

Trying to get ahold of a tow-truck now.

Gotta love dealerships.

Sean of the Thread
01-12-2006, 11:43 AM
AAA is worth 75 bucks a year.

Caiylania
01-12-2006, 12:12 PM
Hope it works out. AAA ftw.

Trinitis
01-12-2006, 12:12 PM
Hell, I've got AAA and I don't even own a car :P

[Edited on 1-12-2006 by Trinitis]

HarmNone
01-12-2006, 12:17 PM
Ouch, Kuyuk! Are you going to be able to go to Florida, or will this ruin your plans? :(

Sean
01-12-2006, 12:20 PM
The only thing I've found that sucks about AAA is the wait time for the tow. It's almost as bad as the cable guy... okay we'll be there in anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours just stand by your car.

Wezas
01-12-2006, 12:24 PM
I think I know your problem.

Originally posted by Kuyuk
02 VW Bug

Yep, there it is.

Old style bugs, FTW.

http://members.cox.net/zenenigma/bug12.jpg

(from back when I played Multi-Theft-Auto online. Our gang was mad tite, yo. User name hidden)

Skeeter
01-12-2006, 12:33 PM
drive that mofo to the dealership. I wouldn't pay for a 40 mile tow fee.

Sean of the Thread
01-12-2006, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Tijay
The only thing I've found that sucks about AAA is the wait time for the tow. It's almost as bad as the cable guy... okay we'll be there in anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours just stand by your car.

Maybe they know you're dutch?

Drew2
01-12-2006, 02:18 PM
It's not their fault you didn't take it to the dealership the first time. If you knew it was under warranty, there's no reason not to take it there.

Policies like that are put in place for the better interest of the company, not to make your life harder. Just because you didn't know about the policy doesn't make it "unfair" that they didn't give you an exception.

Sorry if it comes out harsh, but I get very tired of customers telling me how important THEY are and how we should drop everything and accomidate THEM.

I'm sorry, out of almost a million customers, you're not going to make or break the business if we take one extra day than you'd like to get out to your house and fix your stupid cable.

[Edited on 1-12-2006 by Tayre]

Skirmisher
01-12-2006, 02:30 PM
Yet another endorsement of AAA here.

And AAA Plus is worth the extra 30 i think it costs too.

Instead of taking it to the nearest AAA place they'll take it like anywhere in some huge radius....

okay looked it up and some of the benefits are as follows:
* Changing flat tires.
* Jump-starting dead batteries or installing new batteries on the scene.
* Unlocking your vehicle:
AAA Plus Lockout Service includes automotive key and lock service and up to $100 for parts and labor when necessary to make the car operable or to gain entry.
* Making minor adjustments to start your vehicle or providing towing, if necessary, to the service provider's station or repair facility of your choice. AAA Plus Members receive up to 100 free towing miles.
* Delivering fuel to stranded members. AAA Plus includes delivery of a sufficient quantity of fuel to enable you to reach an open service station.
* Extrication - AAA Plus allows two service vehicles and two drivers.

Drew2
01-12-2006, 02:32 PM
My insurance company does all this for like $5/yr.

Latrinsorm
01-12-2006, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Tayre
My insurance company does all this for like $5/yr. To be fair though, everything is smaller in Texas.

Drew2
01-12-2006, 02:56 PM
...Except it's not. The phrase is "Everything is bigger in Texas".

Therefore you are not funny.

Skirmisher
01-12-2006, 03:02 PM
Can we see your insurance companies website? I'd love to find a company offering all that for 5$ a year.

xtc
01-12-2006, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Tayre
...Except it's not. The phrase is "Everything is bigger in Texas".

Therefore you are not funny.

I found it funny and Texas is small.