PDA

View Full Version : No thread on Alito yet?

Wezas
01-11-2006, 12:56 PM
Well lets start one up!

Democrats Attack Alito's Refusal to Disavow 1985 Abortion Memo (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000103&sid=aNy1ZfPGVAXI&refer=us)

Also Jon Stewart last night making fun of Democrats for some of the comments they made yesterday was hilarious.

Warriorbird
01-11-2006, 01:06 PM
He's gonna get confirmed...not a damn thing we can do about it. I think taking back more of Congress (notice, I didn't say all) is far more of a priority.

Justices like him are what you get when you let the Republicans control EVERYTHING. If they didn't have Congress, there might be a chance to Robert Bork him, but as it is, nothing can be done.

Necromancer
01-11-2006, 01:52 PM
He is evil incarnated. He skirted around every question asked of him about anything controversial. With him on board and Roberts choosing the cases; we are SO SCREWED.

Wezas
01-11-2006, 01:53 PM
Don't knock anybody up in the future and you should be covered on at least the abortion front.

Necromancer
01-11-2006, 02:01 PM
Being a total homo I don't think that's really much of an issue.

Some of us are concerned, not just for our own rights, but for the rights of others as well. Call us crazy.

Though I will say that the right to privacy has been foundational in many queer rights legal cases. Though I often disagree with using the right to privacy as a foundational way to secure our rights.

Alfster
01-11-2006, 02:10 PM
I"m guessing catcher.

You crazy bastard, caring about others.

[Edited on 1-11-2006 by Alfster]

Sean of the Thread
01-11-2006, 04:27 PM
Some of these senators have absolutely no fucking room to blast anyone let alone a justice nominee of outstanding moral quality. Some of these senators are the most vile reprehensible people in our country let alone the government.

TED KENNEDY?? Give me a fucking break. WB you can tell me how bad "your team" or as you put it "we" but you are defending some real dirt bags.

Also reminds me that their should be term limits in the senate.

Apotheosis
01-11-2006, 04:30 PM
I can pretty much sum up all political threads on this board:

Backlash: <insert point of view from moveon.org, and left-leaning pundits>

Hulkein: <insert point of view from fox.com, and other
right-leaning sources>

Randomposter: <insert point that has absolutely nothing to do with the topic>

Atlanteax: <insert supportive argument for right-leaning point of view>

Ganalon: <Back up right leaning points of view insert with more supporting evidence obtained from personal research or heritage foundation>

(At this, one or more of the current posters, plus a few have started talking shit to each other)

Ganalon and/or Backlash: <insult to one of the opposing posters either for grammar, intelligence, logical thinking, or using biased sources. Usually a combination thereof>

Unique: <attempt to sound intellectual AND democratic/left-leaning, usually makes valid points>

Everyone: By now, the thread has degraded into a bunch of name calling, insults about intelligence of the opposing view have been thrown out and it's a free-for-all until A> A mod locks the thread, or B> The next "political" thread comes up.

OR

Somehow we end up talking about the war in Iraq and Bush's corruption

Wezas
01-11-2006, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Xyelin
TED KENNEDY?? Give me a fucking break.

C'mon now. He killed that girl how many years ago? Time to let it go man. Let it go. :saint:

Warriorbird
01-11-2006, 04:37 PM
:shrugs: I've villified Congress quite a lot, Xyelin. Both sides. It may shock you to discover that I dislike Ted Kennedy more than Tom Delay (I tend to consider money laundering a less severe crime than negligent homicide/manslaughter), for example. I'd much rather see Robert Kennedy jr.(who's actually worthwhile) in Ted's "ancestral" seat, but I doubt that'll ever happen.

I seperate the party views from the individual ones, however. It's why I can can appreciate the views of many economic conservatives... but be disgusted by the party as a whole (misguided foreign policy, spendthrift neocons, and shilling for scum like Ralph Reed and Pat Robertson).

[Edited on 1-11-2006 by Warriorbird]

Unique
01-11-2006, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Apotheosis
Unique: <attempt to sound intellectual AND democratic/left-leaning, usually makes valid points>

ATTEMPT to sound intellectual!?!!!??

DIE!

Unique.

ps. In order to maintain non-felon status under present law, I disclose that my real name is Andrew.

;-)

radamanthys
01-11-2006, 06:06 PM
In other news, the yankees look good this year.

</random poster having nothing to do with the topic>

nocturnix
01-11-2006, 06:20 PM
I'll take Ganalon's place for now...

I'm lame, I'm completely brainwashed by all the television and propoganda fed to me. I dont even realize that its all bullshit and I follow the republican party blindly because it's what my Dad believes and I try my hardest to make my Dad love me.

Fuck you, fuck you all suck, mother fuckers you are liars and are stupid and dumb. I am teh smert won. Check out this heritage foundation study that says I am right. I never question the administration, they must be right - I get my oatmeal and prunes served to me in the morning just as I like it so I dont think there is anything wrong.

G I really should consider other peoples points of view instead of making everything a partisan issue, oh wait I'm Ganalon and I r teh suck. The end.

Damn, looks like I skipped us to the insults step. Whoops.

radamanthys
01-11-2006, 06:30 PM
I'm a republican, and everyone around me is a fucking bleeding heart, dirty hippy, tree-hugger liberal. Or just a pandering democrat. Not all of us are republicans just cuz our daddy's are.

Not like the republican party is seens as "good"... well... ever. Right wing ideas are shunned almost flat-out these days. Most villains show right-wing ideas in the media (movies, books, etc). Save for the south, where everyone just wants to be left alone... high uncertainty avoidance down there.

Being conservative these days is the same as being liberal... doesn't mean you like anything about the party that follows some of yer Ideas.

I'm sure there are as many conservatives frustrated with the republican party as there are liberals frustrated with the Democrats.

They are both completely FUBAR, but I still agree with some of the stuff they do. Government is politics in the hollywood way... it's about who you know, not what you know. It's too bad, too.

Ok, i'm ranting.

Warriorbird
01-11-2006, 07:05 PM
Thing is...I'm pretty economically conservative. I just can't get with the religious zealotry that guides so much of your party's social agenda, Rad.

If it were a simple matter of "a few minor things" that'd be one thing. It isn't.

I imagine your views have been tempered by your location. Mine have been tempered by growing up 20 miles away from Jerry Falwell's base of operations.

The religious right makes me sick. You can't deny they play a large role in today's Republican Party.

Sean of the Thread
01-11-2006, 07:23 PM
For instance my stance and views on abortion have absolutely nothing to do with religion.

radamanthys
01-11-2006, 08:05 PM
sadly, most of the republicans I know are NOT religious zealots. I hate that part of my party, and wish that there was a "religious fundamentalist" party, other than my own. They're just really... vociferous. Most of the silent majority in this case does not agree with them, and it isolates us.

Fucking fuckers, fucking up the fucking fuckhole that is the fucking fuck. Keep religion outta government! Separation of fucking church and state!

Back
01-11-2006, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Apotheosis
I can pretty much sum up all political threads on this board:

Backlash: <insert point of view from moveon.org, and left-leaning pundits>

Ganalon usually pulls that one out of his ass, just like you are. I am not a member of MoveOn. I do not have them linked. Besides that, whats so wrong with MoveOn. There are Americans with opinions and the desire to change things. It would not be what it is without the membership it has. Blast them for being Americans with an opinion. That makes you (the general ‘you’) look like a fascist.

Im not an Alitist. His past stances on abortion are enough for me to say filibuster.

TheRoseLady
01-11-2006, 10:58 PM
Interesting thread.

I feel that Alito will be confirmed. I am deeply concerned about the seeming disregard for the law that Bush has been demonstrating.

The list keeps getting longer. Alito seems to be a big supporter of broad Executive power. In the past, the three branches of government adequately performed their roles of checks and balances, I am not so sure that we can be assured of that in the future.

If Lindsey Graham was my state Senator I would be appalled. His display today over the whole bigotry issue made me want to throw up. What a joke.

I'd much rather discuss the whole Abramoff affair...or perhaps we could discuss the demise of DeLay...or perhaps we could discuss the wiretapping of US citizens, or perhaps we could discuss the hilarious segment with David Letterman and Bill O'Reilly.

Fun times for our decidedly silent conservatives....:D

Back
01-11-2006, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Wezas
Also Jon Stewart last night making fun of Democrats for some of the comments they made yesterday was hilarious.

Guess Ted Kennedy’s facial expression?

Colbert is gold too.

Tromp
01-12-2006, 08:49 AM
You have to admit though that one can actually see the hand up Alito's arse that is moving his mouth and arms. There is not a genuine thing being said by this man nor are the republicans asking him anything of substance besides tossing his salad when outlining his illustrious career. So I give the Crats a little props for actually trying to creat a conversation with a little meat to it.

What I find funny is how they can brush his Reagan application under the rug as him just trying to say the correct things in order to get a job. The rest of the crowd would be pinged to the wall and pigeon holed for such statements during an interview.

My familia is Italian and we've never played the fiddle/violin to get anywhere. I can't stand it when people do that crap!

John Stewart and the Godfather bit was hysterical.

Sean of the Thread
01-12-2006, 09:15 AM
With the exception of what WB and Wezas posted alot of you fuckers seriously need to go get your screws tightened or have your water tested for lead.

[Edited on 1-12-2006 by Xyelin]

Wezas
01-12-2006, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by TheRoseLady
I'd much rather discuss the whole Abramoff affair...or perhaps we could discuss the demise of DeLay...or perhaps we could discuss the wiretapping of US citizens, or perhaps we could discuss the hilarious segment with David Letterman and Bill O'Reilly.

Make your own damn thread! :!:

Tromp
01-12-2006, 09:23 AM
With the exception of what WB and Wezas posted alot of you fuckers seriously need to go get your screws tightened or have your water tested for lead.

Dude shut up and pay your fargin taxes bitch!

Sean of the Thread
01-12-2006, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Tromp

'
Taxes!?!? We don't pay no stinkin taxes?

I'm republican remember?

Tromp
01-12-2006, 09:35 AM

'

I'm republican remember?

Something is stinkin alright.

Sean of the Thread
01-12-2006, 09:36 AM

'

I'm republican remember?

Your upper lip?

Tromp
01-12-2006, 09:42 AM

'

I'm republican remember?

Your upper lip?

Nice real nice.

ElanthianSiren
01-12-2006, 10:47 AM
You can easily get around taxes BTW if you're responsible about keeping track of your write offs and if you pace your salary against those write offs. Knowing what constitutes a write off helps too.

BTW I think Alito will be confirmed; so far, I've been impressed with each of his answers, especially those dealing with right to die. I'm unimpressed with his answers in regard to abortion, (of course), but I didn't expect to agree with much/any of what he said in that area.

-M

Sean of the Thread
01-12-2006, 10:51 AM
OMGZ POLISH UP THE COAT HANGARS!

You guys are overreacting a bit.

Tromp
01-12-2006, 10:57 AM
OMGZ POLISH UP THE COAT HANGARS!

You guys are overreacting a bit.

Don't you mean sharpen the coat hangers?

Too funny!

ElanthianSiren
01-12-2006, 11:20 AM
I don't feel I'm overreacting.

-M

Back
01-12-2006, 11:25 AM
Seriously. The only one overreacting in this thread is the one calling people idiots and typing all caps.

Sean of the Thread
01-12-2006, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Backlash
Seriously. The only one overreacting in this thread is the one calling people idiots and typing all caps.

Wow way to turn up the hostility. And you must be pretty dumb if you didn't think some of those bleeding heart liberal posts were not overreacting.

I also didn't call anyone an idiot.. what are you assuming?

DeV
01-12-2006, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by ElanthianSiren
I'm unimpressed with his answers in regard to abortion,

-M Similarily, they fail to provide any definitive estimation as to how he would vote on Roe given the opportunity. I can honestly say the abortion issue as it relates to him is the least of my personal concern, but I can see why it might be for others.

Although very conservative, he's intelligent, dilligent, and he's not afraid to dissent. What more can a liberal ask for at this juncture. He's no Miers and that in itself makes his confirmation all the more plausible.

Alfster
01-12-2006, 02:08 PM

Originally posted by Backlash

Wow way to turn up the hostility. And you must be pretty dumb if you didn't think some of those bleeding heart liberal posts were not overreacting.

I also didn't call anyone an idiot.. what are you assuming?

He's still mad he got called out.

ElanthianSiren
01-12-2006, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by DeV

Originally posted by ElanthianSiren
I'm unimpressed with his answers in regard to abortion,

-M

Although very conservative, he's intelligent, dilligent, and he's not afraid to dissent. What more can a liberal ask for at this juncture.

Bingo.

-M
edited to point out better exactly what I was agreeing with. Besides, there's always canada, europe, and natural herbs if you're that determined.

[Edited on Thu, January th, 2006 by ElanthianSiren]

Sean of the Thread
01-12-2006, 07:07 PM
>>Besides, there's always canada, europe, and natural herbs if you're that determined.<<

Don't forget the ole' my stomach fell on a size 12 boot or the accidental push down the stairs.

Both tend to work the just as well as going to Canada without the side effects caused by Canada.

CrystalTears
01-13-2006, 12:10 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v412/Jemah/alito.gif

Ilvane
01-13-2006, 12:17 PM
I don't think that group is good to joke about CT..have you at least read about them?

And why exactly did he put them on his resume again?? Proud of what?

He's dodged answers by going in circles rather than just flat out answering them. I detest people like that. Just say what you did. If you don't agree with what you did back then, then say so. That is ten times more sincere than trying to dodge the issue and pretend you know nothing about it.

-A

Samuel Alito: "A document I recently reviewed reflect that I was a member of the group in the 1980s. Apart from that document, I have no recollection of being a member, of attending meetings, or otherwise participating in the activities of the group."

[Edited on 1-13-2006 by Ilvane]

CrystalTears
01-13-2006, 12:24 PM
One word for you... chill. It was a joke.

I'll go back to ignoring political threads again.

Ilvane
01-13-2006, 12:31 PM
I was just pointing it out, not need to get all huffy on me! :)

Angela

Alfster
01-13-2006, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Ilvane
I don't think that group is good to joke about CT..have you at least read about them?

[Edited on 1-13-2006 by Ilvane]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

xtc
01-13-2006, 01:25 PM
Ted Kennedy was a member of the Owl Club a Harvard social club for students and alumni that was kicked off Harvard campus for refusing to allow women to join.

Ted is also a member of the club of people who covered up their drunken murders.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
03-03-2010, 04:23 PM
I seperate the party views from the individual ones, however. It's why I can can appreciate the views of many economic conservatives... but be disgusted by the party as a whole (misguided foreign policy, spendthrift neocons, and shilling for scum like Ralph Reed and Pat Robertson).[Edited on 1-11-2006 by Warriorbird]

http://www.kreativekorp.com/miscpages/omgwtfbbq/omgwtfbbq.gif

Kuyuk
03-03-2010, 04:25 PM
wtf are you doing bumping this thread?

Suppa Hobbit Mage
03-03-2010, 04:25 PM
It was referenced in another thread and I found it funny as shit.