PDA

View Full Version : Merchants.

GarrsSoul
10-23-2003, 10:21 PM
well, if there is someone schuduled to be somewhere (someone who can alter)...where would they be?
any specific place? BTW im talking aboiut in the landing.

Back
10-23-2003, 10:21 PM
South ring road in this particular case.

GarrsSoul
10-23-2003, 10:26 PM
holy crap...
i cant type for shit.

Drew2
10-23-2003, 10:50 PM
Why does Zimzum always pay for everyone? I swear to god his head is so far up every merchant's ass it's sick.

GarrsSoul
10-23-2003, 11:08 PM
What do you mean he always pays for everyone?

StrayRogue
10-24-2003, 12:18 AM
He pays the cost for all the alterations. Its not much, as Sukara never charges much. 500k for an alter, now there was a price...

Oh and yay me for getting picked, btw.

Back
10-24-2003, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
He pays the cost for all the alterations. Its not much, as Sukara never charges much. 500k for an alter, now there was a price...

Oh and yay me for getting picked, btw.

Oh shut up you multi-alteration person.

<---- has never been picked.

StrayRogue
10-24-2003, 12:40 AM
You tap an ancient rune-incised bracer.
Etched into the centre of the bracer is a slit-pupilled eye like design wrought of urglaes and surrounded by a series of tentacle like rune patterns. These patterns of markings coalesce gradually into even more intricate formations as they weave their way around the burnished bronze of the arm-guard. Centrally placed itself, the eye motif is a delicately worked sliver of pure urglaes, shaped into the form of a never-blinking eye.

Gotta love mage rechargable Eye Spy ;)

10-24-2003, 09:56 AM
Duh, he isn't paying for everyone. He probably just says that so that dopes will think he is paying for everyone.

Remember, if I say "I'm paying for all the alterations", it does not automatically become true.

ThisOtherKingdom
10-24-2003, 11:23 AM
Apparently he did pay for them. I asked Sukara how much it'd be, and I was told Zimzum took care of it. He still won't get a 'thank you' from me, though!

Parkbandit
10-24-2003, 11:35 AM
Yea.. I'd be pissed if someone was paying for my alteration too. :rolleyes:

BroVod
10-24-2003, 12:04 PM
Sheesh, you guys are pretty lame if you get upset when i pay for alterations. Its something I do to be nice. And as to having my head up the merchants ass...hardly, I happen to be friends with several of the merchants because of being here for so long and helping them out when they need it. I'm glad that my act of kindness gets such great rewards from you mooks here...I never asked to be thanked, i never asked for anything by paying for it, I'm just trying to be nice...if you don't like oh well, obivously you need to grow up

StrayRogue
10-24-2003, 12:06 PM
I suppose he has to schmooz with them simply so they can create more garish alters I guess.

Betheny
10-24-2003, 12:06 PM
Delyorik bought my little one's feature alter. And I've paid for a few groups' alterations. It's not because I'm sucking up, it's because I like seeing the poor younger folk get picked and not stress about killing their bank account.

AnticorRifling
10-24-2003, 01:33 PM
I will generally pay for some people that I think deserve it(generally folks I've never met) or I'll pay for everyone. At the very least I'll offer to and sometimes the merchant says sure other times no.

I don't get to many merchant events so when I am lucky enough to be at one it's a cool time for me so I like making it enjoyable for others by footing their bill(s).

ThisOtherKingdom
10-24-2003, 01:47 PM
Sheesh, I was just kiddin'! I appreciated it, Zimzum.

HarmNone
10-24-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by ThisOtherKingdom
Apparently he did pay for them. I asked Sukara how much it'd be, and I was told Zimzum took care of it. He still won't get a 'thank you' from me, though!

Hmmm...somehow, I am still missing the "I'm just kiddin'" smiley face icon in that quote. Must be something wrong with my eyes. :(

HarmNone rubs her eyes but still does not see it

HarmNone
10-24-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Tayre
Why does Zimzum always pay for everyone? I swear to god his head is so far up every merchant's ass it's sick.

Damn, Tayre! It seems like a very kind gesture to me. I would say Zimzum deserves a "Thank you" instead of an insult! Sheesh!:o

HarmNone wonders what the hell is biting Tayre

Jolena
10-24-2003, 02:28 PM
I didn't get picked but I think it was a very kind gesture Zimzum! And thanks for the effort! There are lots of young folks getting picked more and more often now that things have changed with the way merchants can pick people and I know it would be rough to be so young, with not a lot of cash and to have to break my account to get one done. I think it's a very nice thing and those that don't like it.. well don't accept it. Or pay him back if the merchant wont' let you pay for it since he already did. No sense is making an issue of it, IMHO.

Drew2
10-25-2003, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by HarmNone

Originally posted by Tayre

Damn, Tayre! It seems like a very kind gesture to me. I would say Zimzum deserves a "Thank you" instead of an insult! Sheesh!:o

HarmNone wonders what the hell is biting Tayre

Perhaps it was the fact that proceeding this statement, Zimzum had approached me IG and attempted to cast at me for no reason. When he realized he couldn't ward me, he had the sorcerer with him try to cast something but I left before he could.

Pissed me off that people I didn't know were casting at me, si I just extrapolated that event to determine his overall character.

BroVod
10-25-2003, 07:23 PM
Heh, you ran away from the big ol evil sorceror's...dun dun dun dispell spell....he was dispelling you're fear, and as to why i casted at you...you were acting like an idiot towards solice and talking like a mook on the net. I was merely defending her honor, which i was able to do cause i couldn't ward you...oh well, you'll have your day i suppose

BroVod
10-28-2003, 12:04 AM
I do tend to jump into things with both feet, its a flaw i have. But the difference was the things that were being said on the net were harsh and should not have been said over the public net, it should've been between them. I've bumped into Tayre recently IG, we didn't speak, but we weren't casting at each other either. So I believe its all settled now

Drew2
10-28-2003, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by BroVod
I've bumped into Tayre recently IG, we didn't speak, but we weren't casting at each other either. So I believe its all settled now

<insert dark, chilling laughter>

Just because I don't talk to you doesn't mean I'm not plotting your future demise.

It's no fun when they see it coming. :D

Morstanya
10-28-2003, 08:40 AM
I suppose it's nice to pay someone's bill when they don't have much silver, but I never take tips or handouts (loans from friends for something specific rarely rarely). I would have insisted that the merchant let me pay my own bill, but that's just me. I also would have politely asked Zim to allow me to handle my own finances.

Morstanya, Icewitch.

BroVod
10-28-2003, 12:47 PM
Oh hehe plotting my demise! I see how it is, <puts on his empath hunting hat>

Caiylania
10-28-2003, 01:25 PM
I've just joined PC, and I thought I'd make my first two cents comment here...

I was among those who got picked and when I found out Zimzum had paid for all the alters, it was one of those things that made my day. Not because I'm cheap but because when someone does you a good deed, it makes you want to do the same for others.

I thanked him and meant it, people like that prove that GS still has good people in it, who just like to improve the GS experience. It was my first alter, and that just made it more memorable.

Thankyou Zimzum!

BroVod
10-28-2003, 05:14 PM
Your weclome for payment, glad to brighten up your day

Zimzum