PDA

View Full Version : Pickpocket Log Analyzer (update)

Wezas
01-03-2006, 06:53 PM
Well me gots some bad news. Evidently the only copy of the project I had was on the work laptop that crashed about 6 months ago.

What I do have is the installation files.

For info on the program in general, check

http://forum.gsplayers.com/viewthread.php?tid=8814

http://forum.gsplayers.com/viewthread.php?tid=2198

Originally posted by Wezas
http://members.cox.net/gs4pickpocket/PPLogv32.zip

The program is a windows executable (win 98+) written in Visual Basic, and uses a Microsoft Access database as the back end. You will not need Microsoft Access - because I've included MDAC (Microsoft Data Access Components) in the zip file. (that is why it is close to 10mb instead of 2mb).

It does *not* work with Stormfront. Stormfront's log file names are different then the Wizard. If you're desperate, you can change your Stormfront log file names to a format of "Gemstone Log mm-dd-yyyy (#).Txt" (for example "Gemstone Log 10-03-2004 (1).Txt".

Also, I've entered quite a few gem values into the lookup table - but I by no means have them all. You should regularly go into the "Unknown Gems" tab and enter any values for gems you want. I usually keep the crappy gems (under 100 silver) as "misc" because I don't want clutter in my summaries. "misc" items are valued at 50 silver.

A help file is included - and it can be accessed by pressing F1 at any time in the program.

Known bugs:

Occasionally when you process log files, the "Mark List" drop-down will not populate immediately. If it is not populated, simply close out of the program and re-open.

When someone whispers or thinks to you "You reach into " blah blah blah. This has been known to trip up the program. In most cases it will consider it "misc".

Gold rings and other items have not been updated with values. Check the help file for how to update the value tables.

Gems with apostrophes (Dragon's Tear Emerald, etc.) will not translate value correctly. Change your original log to remove the apostrophe and it should work fine.

I'm sure there's more. If there are some serious issues, I can check on one of my older HDD's here to see if I have a pre-GS4 copy of the program that I can update.

[Edited on 1-3-2006 by Wezas]

crazymage
01-03-2006, 07:06 PM
just make a new one while you're chatting all day

Wezas
01-03-2006, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by crazymage
just make a new one while you're chatting all day

Problem there being I can't have any unauthorized files on my work laptop.

Plus occasionally there's actual work.

Plus it would cramp my chatting.

Wezas
01-03-2006, 11:09 PM
Please let me know if you run into any snags. Looking at the other threads I know Stray found a few. Hopefully I can explain work-arounds for any other issues.

FinisWolf
01-04-2006, 07:26 AM
I got bummed when I saw I couldn't use it with SF. O well, still looks like a rockin` program Wezas!

Finis

Wezas
01-04-2006, 08:17 AM
Yeah, I created it for the Wizard and was hoping it would still work when Stormfront came out.

But Stormfront changed the naming convention of their log files and I didn't want to lose the date feature.