PDA

View Full Version : Sorcerers: Lets play Spot the Bug!

Fallen
01-03-2006, 05:45 PM
There is a bug with FI. First one to spot it in the log gets 10 points.

----

[Aqueduct]
The walls of the tunnel are dry above the water even with the constant presence of a foot of water at the bottom. The air, likewise, is dry, and the water is rather cold. The greenish cast emanating from the liquid does nothing to warm the area but only serves to illuminate the walls and ceiling with a cold emerald light. You also see a gremlock, a filthy knapsack and a ragged knapsack.
Obvious exits: south, northwest
>drop box
You drop a scratched haon box.
>720 grem
*** TypoHelp: Converted "720 grem" to PREP 720 and CAST AT grem

You trace an intricate sign that contorts in the air while forcefully invoking Implosion...
Your spell is ready.
>
You gesture at a gremlock.
[Spell Hindrance for some weathered leather armor is 6% with current Armor Use skill, d100= 5]
Your armor prevents the spell from working correctly.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
>
Your disk arrives, following you dutifully.
>720 grem

>
A gremlock claws at you!
AS: +407 vs DS: +527 with AvD: +27 + d100 roll: +40 = -53
A clean miss.
>
You trace an intricate sign that contorts in the air while forcefully invoking Implosion...
Your spell is ready.
>
A void rips open in the area, directly above a gremlock!
Ribs snap as internal pressure rushes to equalize with the void!
+122 Hits.

Everything in the room seemed to stay in place. The void disappears without further incident.
>720 grem

Your spell is ready.
>
Vitreous fluid boils in a gremlock's eyes, causing them to burst!
+82 Hits.

Everything in the room seemed to stay in place. The void disappears without further incident.
>l
[Aqueduct]
The walls of the tunnel are dry above the water even with the constant presence of a foot of water at the bottom. The air, likewise, is dry, and the water is rather cold. The greenish cast emanating from the liquid does nothing to warm the area but only serves to illuminate the walls and ceiling with a cold emerald light. You also see the Evarin disk, a scratched haon box, a gremlock that appears stunned, a filthy knapsack and a ragged knapsack.
>sign of wracking
You shudder as your life force is torn and reshaped!
You feel drained!
>720 grem

Your spell is ready.
>
Rather abrupt decompression causes a gremlock to explode!
Billions and billions of tiny gremlock bits shower everything.
Quite severely dead.
A number of items ranging from 12 to 21 feet from the void were sucked into the blackness. The void disappears without further incident.
>
>l
[Aqueduct]
The walls of the tunnel are dry above the water even with the constant presence of a foot of water at the bottom. The air, likewise, is dry, and the water is rather cold. The greenish cast emanating from the liquid does nothing to warm the area but only serves to illuminate the walls and ceiling with a cold emerald light. You also see the Evarin disk.

mgoddess
01-03-2006, 05:49 PM
Having never had a chance to play with FI personally, I'm gonna venture to guess that the bug is with the third FI having items sucked into the void, versus the first two not sucking any items in?

Gizmo
01-03-2006, 09:34 PM
It sucked up the Gremlock :(

Sean
01-03-2006, 09:37 PM
Shouldn't this have killed it?

Vitreous fluid boils in a gremlock's eyes, causing them to burst!
+82 Hits.

Drew2
01-03-2006, 09:40 PM
It would have been awesome if it would have landed in TSC.

Doughboy
01-03-2006, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Gizmo
It sucked up the Gremlock :(

Incorrect

Rather abrupt decompression causes a gremlock to explode!
Billions and billions of tiny gremlock bits shower everything.

It exploded

[Edited on 1-4-2006 by Doughboy]

Artha
01-03-2006, 09:56 PM
There is no stun notification.

Fallen
01-03-2006, 11:19 PM
Never was, Artha. God knows the spell needs one. 90% of the time it stuns, but every now and then it does not.

The bug was the box. The debris that is normally thrown at an enemy when you cast focused implosion is not being targeted until the target is destroyed. This bug was likely caused by some recent changes made to FI, and is being looked into. Pretty good turn around in terms of GM attention once the problem was brought to the right channels.

Axhinde
01-03-2006, 11:21 PM
Sweet, 2 years from now it'll be fixed. I can't wait.

Fallen
01-03-2006, 11:22 PM
I give it less than a week.

Axhinde
01-03-2006, 11:25 PM
Probably, if they really are looking at it. I just couldn't resist the urge to exaggerate.

Fallen
01-03-2006, 11:44 PM
Check out the OTF folder in the Hunting section on the official boards. One of the GMs is on a bug fixing rampage. I doubt it will be long at all.

Fallen
01-04-2006, 01:34 PM
FI should be acting correctly now.

Actually, FI should be acting correctly all of the time, but it obviously wasn't, so I did something about it. I think it had to do with a slightly buggy slice of code that hadn't been released yet, but got through with the patch I put on FI last week.

Let the knapsacks fly.

-Strath >>

Took about a day or two after the group of us reported it.

radamanthys
01-04-2006, 01:54 PM
I couldn't spot it, having not used FI to hunt yet.

Proactive approach, nice. Wish I was levelled high enough to really be around some of the better sorcerers out there, some of you guys are incredible with all things GS... it is crazy. Creative, smart SOBs, the lot of you. Thanks for holding the fort for the rest of us!