PDA

View Full Version : To me...this is hilarious.

Axhinde
01-03-2006, 01:51 PM
I don't really know what his deal is...but Hevinsbane cracks me up. Deciphering what he says is the equivalent of being able to crack top secret Russian encrypted radio messages. It cracks me up trying to figure out what planet he's from. Here's a great example of the wiz kid's prowess, on the Paladin spell 1613:

this spell has alwase ben week.
i think it could be a worthy spell if lors increest damig or cs attack like a ranger 35 spell.

i think spiret lor blessing should make it deal greater damig and suming for the amount of attacks it has.

after all i give my life for my god or diety and all he or she can muster is a slap on a rist?

but this spell could be a great one after all look what they did to trolls blood went from worthless to cant live without it.

who knows?

Am I the only one that finds him slightly retarded/mildly amusing?

Skeeter
01-03-2006, 01:53 PM
* The English Language just bit the dust

Drew
01-03-2006, 01:53 PM
His posts are like watching a car wreck. I always wonder what his story is: very young, foreign, "special"? I don't know.

Kitsun
01-03-2006, 01:54 PM
How do these people play a textbased game? How does he even input commands?!

Czeska
01-03-2006, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Skeeter

::snortlaugh::

Anyway, yeah.. I wonder if he has a reading disability or something. Why you'd play GS with that, though, is beyond me.

Axhinde
01-03-2006, 01:56 PM
It seems you can teach a monkey to play GS, and he rolled Hevinsbane.

Drew
01-03-2006, 01:56 PM
Once you've got "att" down that's pretty much all you need for a paladin.

Drew
01-03-2006, 02:00 PM
The way he misspells is odd. Children mispell words they haven't been taught phonetically but he knows how to spell a decent amount of harder words. Also, his other spellings are too phonetic to be a child.

IE: increest damig

If you told a young child to guess how to spell those words you might get that but after a very young age any regular kid is going to misspell is more like "increese". It's like he's never been taught the words, but he has to see a ton of them just playing the game and reading the boards.

Edited for irony.

[Edited on 1-3-2006 by Drew]

Viridian
01-03-2006, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Czeska

Anyway, yeah.. I wonder if he has a reading disability or something. Why you'd play GS with that, though, is beyond me.

I have dyslexia, to play it takes a great deal more concentration than one realizes. In fact, the game has helped me. You should be careful about what you say.

I love Gemstone, even though I have a reading disability and I work hard to make sure I function well in the game.

Czeska
01-03-2006, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Viridian

Originally posted by Czeska

I have dyslexia, to play it takes a great deal more concentration than one realizes. In fact, the game has helped me. You should be careful about what you say.

I love Gemstone, even though I have a reading disability and I work hard to make sure I function well in the game.

I was careful of what I said. Kudos to you for working through your dislexia. I have family who has had the same troubles.

For me.. it would be too frustrating, when I'm working on my escapist fun, to have to concentrate on such things. I spoke only for myself ( thus the phrase, "beyond me" instead of "dumb as shit" ) .

[Edited on 1-3-2006 by Czeska]

Aaysia
01-03-2006, 02:14 PM
Hevinsbane is...special

Aaysia tries to be nice to him but more often than not gets so frustated she has to remove herself from the area before she bashes his head in. He just needs to figure out that bragging so much about whatever gear he has or how much he cash hunts or whatever other uber thing he has is really tiring after about 15 minutes of listening to it :banghead:

Though, to his friends he's really a nice guy. He took Aaysia under his wing when she was 6 - 12 trains. Protected her while she hunted, bought her weapons and armor when I didn't know wtf to do since I just started playing GS. So I try my best to be patient with him because I'll forever be grateful to him for that.

Miss X
01-03-2006, 02:19 PM
I have interacted with this guy on a few occasions and have always found him to be polite and generally nice. While his grasp of spelling and grammar may not be top notch, the sentiment behind his words is easily understood and takes little effort to comprehend.

I know that personally, I’m glad that Gemstone is not just in existence for those who consider themselves the elite. I certainly would not be playing if that were the case. We have a wide range of players from different backgrounds and with different problems. Ridiculing them is actually fairly disgusting and I would only do so if I considered myself perfect and exempt from ridicule myself.

drigore
01-03-2006, 02:47 PM
From what I remember, English is, at the very least, his second language. It might be his third. He's asked people in the paladin folder to try and translate it, and he's sorry if they can't. He's gotten a LOT better then he used to be.

Latrinsorm
01-03-2006, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Miss X
I’m glad that Gemstone is not just in existence for those who consider themselves the elite.This isn't someone misspelling misappropriation or putting a comma where they need a semicolon. Furthermore, a message board post is not typed in real time and dictionaries are not impossible to find. The post in question is legible (except for "suming", I'm not sure what that means), but just barely. Everyone (ok, most everyone) else has put the effort into learning English, why should we hold him to a lesser standard if he is in full possession of his faculties (which he apparently is)?

Drew
01-03-2006, 04:57 PM
I'm pretty sure suming means Spirit Lore: Summoning.

Atlanteax
01-03-2006, 05:04 PM
He's obviously a plant by the CIA to help the Agency locate prospective code-breakers.

Amaron
01-03-2006, 06:18 PM
The only interaction I have had was him threatening my Vaalor elf because she wouldn't speak common...

I do not want to hear one more time about how he can kick my ass or some such in the Victory Court.

J

Gizmo
01-03-2006, 09:32 PM
The sad part is, he has more than one character. You should read his posts in the Rogue Forums as well, and even the Burghal Gnome forum where he recently posted...His account name is boone something...Boon indeed.

Axhinde
01-03-2006, 09:41 PM
He posts in the Paladin forums under CarneyM4 or something.

Gizmo
01-04-2006, 01:33 AM
YEah, he had a warrior he converted to Paladin. Used to ask me all sortso f damn questions since I was the goto guy with THW and Paladins back then. Made me want to choke him

Latrinsorm
01-04-2006, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Gizmo
YEah, he had a warrior he converted to Paladin. Used to ask me all sortso f damn questions since I was the goto guy with THW and Paladins back then. Made me want to choke him Yeah, why didn't he have the sense to just know everything immediately the instant he converted? :grr:

Sean
01-04-2006, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm

Originally posted by Gizmo
YEah, he had a warrior he converted to Paladin. Used to ask me all sortso f damn questions since I was the goto guy with THW and Paladins back then. Made me want to choke him Yeah, why didn't he have the sense to just know everything immediately the instant he converted? :grr:

How is that any different than when Gizmo converted or rolled his paladin?

Augie
01-04-2006, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm
[quote]The post in question is legible (except for "suming", I'm not sure what that means), but just barely.

I believe he meant 'summoning' there because he's talking about lores.

Axhinde
01-04-2006, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Augie
I believe he meant 'summoning' there because he's talking about lores.

Don't you mean "lors"?

Aaysia
01-04-2006, 12:40 PM
:lol: Axhinde you're terrible >.>

Alfster
01-05-2006, 09:08 AM
75 percent of people playing wow type like that

Wezas
01-05-2006, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Alfster
75 percent of people playing wow type like that

On carebear servers that drops to about 10 percent.

Unless the Blackrock server is down and their people are looking for a place to cause havok. Then the number jumps to about 50%.

"BLACKROCK DOWN!"

Alfster
01-05-2006, 09:51 AM
yeah, that's half the reason why i think i may stick to GS

01-05-2006, 01:19 PM
yeah, that's half the reason why i think i may stick to GS

It's a completely different game and comparisons between the two are a stretch at best.

I'll tell you though, it was nice to go from 2 places I could hunt that were an hour travel apart (Gemstone) to having 10-20 hunting options and the opportunity to fight in a battleground whenever the whim hits (WoW). WoW isn't a game that's conducive to RP, but it is conducive to hanging out with some friends/guildmates and having a variety of options.

If you prefer the Gemstone style of CvC, you can play on the RP servers where you need to give the other faction permission to attack you. :saint:

Alfster
01-05-2006, 01:25 PM
Since your comparison is a stretch at best, i'll just ignore it.

Shari
01-05-2006, 01:28 PM
My one bitch about WoW, is not being able to steal/kill people from your faction. Makes me sad.

01-05-2006, 03:47 PM

My point was that the games are different like basketball and golf are different. The only similarity is that they are fantasy games.

I only mentioned it because mispelled text isn't as big an issue when 90% of info is communicated over teamspeak, or in guild chat, whereas it is a big deal when you have no graphics and the entire game screen is text. It might be a stretch for you to grasp those differences, though. :P

Alfster
01-05-2006, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Tea & Strumpets
It's a completely different game and comparisons between the two are a stretch at best.

I don't know why you would call it a stretch and then go out and compare the two...makes no sense.

Latrinsorm
01-11-2006, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Tijay
How is that any different than when Gizmo converted or rolled his paladin?It's different because it's no longer necessary for the dude to back out everything with exhaustive research, and it's fairly petty to take umbrage with people who just ask.

Drew2
01-11-2006, 08:33 PM
6 days later....

Latrinsorm
01-11-2006, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Tayre
6 days later.... Some of us couldn't access the PC for awhile, straight-head.