PDA

View Full Version : ear problem

Carl Spackler
10-14-2003, 12:53 PM
any ideas on why it feels like i have water stuck in my ear, i haven't been swimming lately, it's been there for 2 days? could it be allergies, or something i should actually get checked out? There isn't any pain associated with this either.

[Edited on 10-14-2003 by Carl Spackler]

Ravenstorm
10-14-2003, 12:57 PM
Could be too much wax. But I'd get it looked at as ear problems can be dangerous. You don't want to play around with your hearing. And if it is just wax, they'll clean it out for you so you're not annoyed by the feeling. Win-win.

Raven

Camri
10-14-2003, 12:57 PM
Could be a sinus thing. Try taking some Pseudofed, or some other kind of sinus medicine to dry it up.

Carl Spackler
10-14-2003, 01:00 PM
yeah it's not wax I clean my ears well, I just read something that said excessive cleaning can cause irritation and possible infection of the ear canal. I just took a claritin for my allergies which i was taking last week but stopped.... I'm gonna play it by ear, pun not intended originally.... if it gets worse today im just gonna run down to redi-care.

AnticorRifling
10-14-2003, 01:06 PM
SARS

Xcalibur
10-14-2003, 01:16 PM
I have a cold (man's) since almost 2 weeks, I take some amoxil, and lately (4-5 days) i have both of my ears clogged. Although mine hurts (ears infection) it's really a pain in the butt not to be able to hear anything

Carl Spackler
10-14-2003, 01:23 PM
yeah i can hear just fine still. But yours feel like you've got water or somethin in them xcalibur?

Weedmage Princess
10-14-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Xcalibur
I have a cold (man's) since almost 2 weeks,

*twitches, stabs Xcalibur with a syringe full of estrogen*

Anyway, Carl...if it persists for more than 2 days, I'd see a doctor. Like someone else mentioned...the ear can be a dangerous place.

**edited cause I called Carl "Carli" ....eeek!

[Edited on 10-14-2003 by Weedmage Princess]

Carl Spackler
10-14-2003, 01:25 PM
Well it's been 2 days, but on sunday it felt like it was under a lot of pressure, and now yesterday and today it doesn't feel near as bad.

Parkbandit
10-14-2003, 01:31 PM
Go see a doctor about your condition now... but if you DO have water trapped in your ear from swimming... put a couple drops of rubbing alcohol in your ear. It reduces the water tention and allows the water to drip freely from your ear.

I'm not a doctor.. I just enjoy playing one from time to time. :smug:

Parkbandit
10-14-2003, 01:35 PM
Or... hold your nose and blow as hard as you can and see what falls out of your ear.

Personally though, visiting a doctor would be less painful and dangerous. :)

Weedmage Princess
10-14-2003, 01:37 PM
Ugh, yeah I'd get to the doc as soon as I can. I'm no fan of going to the doctor but...when ya gotta go, ya gotta go..and again...ear=dangerous stuff.

Xcalibur
10-14-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Carl Spackler
yeah i can hear just fine still. But yours feel like you've got water or somethin in them xcalibur?

It feel like if you put your finger DEEP into your ear and try to understand and hear what'S around. sometimes i have that "unblock" feeling (like when you have water and it's removed) whenever i get that, it HURTS (and immediatly clog again). You could see if your interior is red (so ear infection) if you have a good white light, a mirror and some help if you're afraid of doctors

Weedmage Princess: the man's cold I was laughing of is really terrible, one of my friend got a pneumonia cause of it. I heal cold in 3 days usualy, now it's been 15 days, gotta be tired of it!

Parkbandit, I used that trick a lot (hold nose, blow hard), very very dangerous to scrap your eardrum.

edited: I remember one of my friend had your water in the ear problem, man. It passes after a few days, although a nurse told him it could be dangerous (loose blood, ear infection that infected, et cetera)

[Edited on 14-10-03 by Xcalibur]

Bestatte
10-14-2003, 01:52 PM
Xcalibur, why are you taking antibiotics for a cold?

Antibiotics not only do shit squat zilch nada for a cold, but they lower your resistance to illness and can actually make you even sicker if you're not taking them for the right reasons.

Personally, you couldn't pay me to take antibiotics for any reason, ever. Might as well just stuff anthrax up my nose and call it a day.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
10-14-2003, 01:55 PM
He's got a man cold, so he needs man medicine!

Xcalibur
10-14-2003, 01:55 PM
It's the second time i take antibiotics in my life. Like I said i always heal cold in 3 days.

Because of that:

When I went to the doctor, It was the 10th day I had it, i was having those huge headaches, both ears were clogged, my 2 eyes were red as if i was drunk, my nose was flowing like a river and when i coughed/sneeze, there was blood and a lot of it (surely because of irritation), i slept around 2 hours per day.
No school, no works, no life.

I told him I'd lost around 250 ml of blood that day(around 1/16 gallon), dumb doctor didn't even wrote it.

Suppa Hobbit Mage: strong medicine for strong desease, you got it!

[Edited on 14-10-03 by Xcalibur]

Camri
10-14-2003, 02:04 PM
It isn't just a cold, or they wouldn't have given you anti-biotics for it.

If you have a doctor that's giving you anti-biotics for a cold, you need to start looking for a different doctor.

Xcalibur
10-14-2003, 02:07 PM
You're right, it wasn't just a cold. First it was a cold. A friend of mine got it and got a pneumonia a few days later. I got ear infection, bronchitis, that weird name for eyes infection with it (along, or develloped, i'm no expert

But this year, the cold is really bad.

Carl Spackler
10-14-2003, 03:24 PM
i've come to the conclusion that it is allergy or cold related. a guy a work with right now has the same problem. and it isn't a constant thing, i feel it every now and then. I'm taking an anti-histamine and decongestant... I generally notice it more the stuffier my nose is. If it doesn't clear it up by like friday im gonna hit up a doctor.

Drew2
10-14-2003, 04:04 PM
ANTHRAX. OMG.

Vesi
10-14-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Xcalibur
I got ear infection, bronchitis, that weird name for eyes infection with it (along, or develloped, i'm no expert

Conjunctivitis? Is that the eye thing? It's very contagious.

Vesi

Carl Spackler
10-14-2003, 05:21 PM
conjunctivitis is known as pink-eye it blows ass... i get get allergenic pink eye every year, had it last week... anti-histimine drops work for me... but if yours is bacteria related... im sorry tahts much worse

Faellyn
10-15-2003, 11:39 AM
I wouldn't take antibiotics for just a cold either, but for strep or some of the other bacterial illnesses, it's plain dumb not to. Jim Henson died from an infection which is easily cured by antibiotics, because he didn't go to the Dr. Not taking them when you should is almost as bad as taking them when they don't help and can make a lot of other people sick too.

Back
10-15-2003, 11:42 AM
The Doctor says, "Shots of tequilla. That will cure it up."

Carl Spackler
10-15-2003, 12:20 PM
well my ear isn't completely better today, it does feel a lot better, almost no pressure in it. I'm still keeping close watch on it though, any drastic changes and off to the doc i go

Faellyn
10-16-2003, 05:05 PM
I agree LadyDaina they should all be locked in a room with Ebola and Anthrax...