PDA

View Full Version : Yea, Right!

FinisWolf
01-02-2006, 07:15 AM
Andraste whispers, "Just to be clear, someone threatening to kill you is not the same as killing you, so there's no consent... yet."

Andraste whispers, "Until they act."

Thus, if char1 waits for char2 to act, and char2 has to wait for char1 to act, because neither of them can act until the other does, then there would never be any PvP. Thus providing us with a who can yell the loudest game full of snerts that would have no consequences.

What world works that way? Definetly not the fantasy world that this game is based on.

My final point is that I wish all the GM's would get on the same page. Some say what she (the GM) said, and others will tell you there is such a thing as verbal consent.

Someone should not be allowed within GS to talk shit, then have no consequences. It sure as hell would not have been like that in the middle ages, nor in the setting this game is based on.

Finis

fallenSaint
01-02-2006, 07:55 AM
Your thinking outside of the box there, get back in the box and conform to the GM line of thought!

Tisket
01-02-2006, 08:02 AM
My final point is that I wish all the GM's would get on the same page

Pinning all the GM's down is like playing whack-a-mole. Just not gonna happen. And old news.

Fission
01-02-2006, 08:04 AM
Betting some of that's coming from using a huge area of effect spell inside a town to try and take out one person, too.

Ilvane
01-02-2006, 10:05 AM
It's kind of like saying, the person you have the restraining order against is just outside your window with a gun, but we can't do a thing until he shoots.

heh..that makes no sense whatsoever.

-A:chair:

01-02-2006, 01:16 PM
Warn Combat and wait for them to accept. Make sure you've hired at least one attorney to witness the transaction. Also be sure to save the log file, and have it notarized.

Andraste means well (I think) but she has a tendency to put her nose in where it doesn't belong, such as /SENDing messages to people involved in CvC before any of the participants have even objected (ie. Warn, Report, Assist, etc.).

Just out of curiousity, how did you end up talking to her? Did you Report? Did someone else?

Latrinsorm
01-02-2006, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by FinisWolf
Someone should not be allowed within GS to talk shit, then have no consequences. It sure as hell would not have been like that in the middle ages, nor in the setting this game is based on. MOMMY BOBBY CALLED ME A NAME IT'S OK THAT I SLIT HIS THROAT!!

Grow up.

Hulkein
01-02-2006, 02:08 PM
Latrinsorm, it's a game in which people can be resurrected, totally different.

I hate how the GMs have different stances on different subjects regarding PvP. One actually told me that using a punch or slap command on someone is consenting to PvP. When I followed that rule about a month later a different GM told me it wasn't. Really annoying.

[Edited on 1-2-2006 by Hulkein]

Fallen
01-02-2006, 03:47 PM
If someone traded insults and threats with you in an IC manner, kill away. At most you may get a non-official warning for the first one.

If the person continues to insult your character, yet tries to report you when you kill him, he isn't worth the trouble of RPing with in any way, shape, or form.

Caramia
01-02-2006, 08:51 PM
If some jackass is going to stand there and insult you, that's as good as consent in my book. Someone threatening to get their boyfriend or big brother is not at all like your restrain-ordered boyfriend standing outside your window with a gun. The police won't come until he's there. His threatening to come over doesn't mean they'll send a squad car over to wait for him.

FinisWolf
01-02-2006, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Fission
Betting some of that's coming from using a huge area of effect spell inside a town to try and take out one person, too.

No, that was for killing someone that said I could kill them if I wanted to. So My char did. Then they reported.

Finis

FinisWolf
01-02-2006, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Tea & Strumpets
Warn Combat and wait for them to accept. Make sure you've hired at least one attorney to witness the transaction. Also be sure to save the log file, and have it notarized.

Andraste means well (I think) but she has a tendency to put her nose in where it doesn't belong, such as /SENDing messages to people involved in CvC before any of the participants have even objected (ie. Warn, Report, Assist, etc.).

Just out of curiousity, how did you end up talking to her? Did you Report? Did someone else?

She talked to my wizard, after he went up into the GM open house and got two items stuck to his hands from there (a cocktail, and some chocolate rose petals), he did a report to get them removed. That's where the discussion came from.

Finis

[Edited on 1-3-2006 by FinisWolf]

FinisWolf
01-02-2006, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm

Someone should not be allowed within GS to talk shit, then have no consequences. It sure as hell would not have been like that in the middle ages, nor in the setting this game is based on. MOMMY BOBBY CALLED ME A NAME IT'S OK THAT I SLIT HIS THROAT!!

Grow up.

In the era we are playing the game, the shoe fits, brining it to the current century, it does not.

Stay on topic, and do try to keep up.

Finis

FinisWolf
01-02-2006, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Fallen
If someone traded insults and threats with you in an IC manner, kill away. At most you may get a non-official warning for the first one.

If the person continues to insult your character, yet tries to report you when you kill him, he isn't worth the trouble of RPing with in any way, shape, or form.

Agreed. I also agree with you Caramia.

Finis

[Edited on 1-3-2006 by FinisWolf]

Latrinsorm
01-02-2006, 11:10 PM
In the era we are playing the game, the shoe fitsNo IRL or fantasy era completely applies to GS except GS. That's why GS is GS and not a reenactment of the Hundred Years War. If the GMs tell you that what you think about GS's "era" is incorrect, you're wrong until you hear different. Don't give me this "based on" garbage. What are you, some kind of GS Protestant?
Stay on topicYour inability to respond with anything less than lethal force to a verbal assault (and the inherent childishness of such a position) is very much the topic.

FinisWolf
01-03-2006, 01:39 AM
Grow up.

Finis

ELO
01-03-2006, 01:41 AM
Andraste whispers, "Just to be clear, someone threatening to kill you is not the same as killing you, so there's no consent... yet."

Andraste whispers, "Until they act."

I've killed a few people for threatening to kill me and I've never got in trouble for it. All I was doing was protecting myself.

Recently, someone assumed (correctly) that I was stealing from them, and they threatened me with their other (much older) character because of it. There's no way I'm going to wait around for his other character to attack me, so, I beat his warrior to a pulp, and when he logged off, and brought his ranger in, I wasted no time (or RP) to stuff his ass twice before he could even do anything. He was slightly more than pissed, and I assume he assisted, as he ran straight to a table. I never heard anything on it, though. Whatev!

PS. His ranger was level 97

FinisWolf
01-03-2006, 03:31 AM
Exactly what I would do with some, if not most of my characters. Namely my pures, but even that is only some. I mean, this is a game where the first one to hit enter usually wins.

:shrug:

I do have to say that over the last several days, I have met several chars that are cool, and rp their char (opposed to RP'ing themselves). I need to start a log of chars I meet where the soul is smarter then your average n00b/snert, and can actually differentiate between the game, and RL.

Finis

Heshinar
01-03-2006, 08:46 AM
Just out of curiousity is it okay to kill some snert who is way below your level and a 100 roll wont even hit you from said snert?

Few weeks ago this idiot was casting like a level 1 attack spell on me and it could not affect me. I hit him several times without killing and he still wouldnt stop. Came out of the blue and started that.

So is that consent?

Czeska
01-03-2006, 08:50 AM
IMO, if someone keeps attacking you (even if it's pointless and stupid) that's consent.

The way I RP my main, if an obviously far weaker character kept casting, she'd be more likely to bind them and silence them for an eon than kill them.

Then she'd make them apologize in public.

Humiliation can be so entertaining, and a hell of a learning experience for a youngin.

Warriorbird
01-03-2006, 10:53 AM
Follow the rules. It's simple to get away with killing people if you really want to. Use Warn Combat or an insult.

People are just lazy.

Latrinsorm
01-03-2006, 04:01 PM
Grow up.My main tactic for breaking the "I r repeating u" game is to recite poetry, but I don't think that's going to work especially well in this format. I'll get back to you when I come up with something.
Originally posted by Heshinar
So is that consent?Characters can't see the numbers. Characters can see the attack. Therefore you can make the claim that it's consentual CvC and probably be ok.

Parkbandit
01-03-2006, 04:24 PM
Fallen is exactly correct. If a character threatened to kill you, then feel free to respond in an in character way. I've yet to be warned about responding in character to anything. Ever.