PDA

View Full Version : Mutant Sorcerer Training

Back
12-29-2005, 02:00 PM
Was bored over the holidays so I started a free GSIV trial to play around with.

Decided to see what kind of mischief I could get into with a sorcerer. Never played one and I’ve always tried to find unique ways to train characters but with a sorcerer there doesn’t seem to be much in the way of alternate training plans. Seems like its either ohe/shield, brawl/shield or runestaff.

I’ve read about archer/sorcerers but they seem gimped and I read about a two-handed weapon sorcerer.

Anyway, any unique ideas out there? I’m leaning towards an ohe/shield ambushing sorc.

TheEschaton
12-29-2005, 02:04 PM
Two handed sorcerors are copyrighted to Jim AKA Celtar.

He'll chew your head off if you dare try and be (a good) one, cause that's HIS territory.

And then he'll lament that his life is so difficult as (one of) the only two-handed sorcerers.

-TheE-

nocturnix
01-06-2006, 11:48 AM
I've heard archery sorcerers rock. If i were to create a mutant sorc I'd create an archer one.

Blow leg off, fire arrows till death, rinse, repeat.

Not sure if that training path leaves enough points to train well in hide, but it might.

Plus once you get 117, youch.

P.S.S. - 2hander Wizards are the best mutants by far. I play one now and cant even imagine swinging my greatsword for more than 2 seconds, how boring that would be.
[Edited on 1-6-2006 by nocturnix]

[Edited on 1-6-2006 by nocturnix]

Drew
01-06-2006, 02:15 PM
Thrown weapon sorcerer

Back
01-06-2006, 02:37 PM
I tried a few things and nothing really worked as well as just a straight ohe/shield caster. And even that bored me so I am going paladin.

Syberus
01-06-2006, 02:37 PM
Archery is doable, pretty effective too, even at cap.

Fallen
01-06-2006, 04:14 PM
Agreed. Were I to make a true mutant sorcerer, I would be an Archer. Bolt DS is pitiful 1-100.

nocturnix
01-06-2006, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Fallen
Bolt DS is pitiful 1-100.

Yes but the balance is arrows do far less damage than any weapon. Minus a dagger maybe.

Fallen
01-06-2006, 04:32 PM
Yes but the balance is arrows do far less damage than any weapon. Minus a dagger maybe. >>

So fletch flaring arrows.