PDA

View Full Version : Status Report

Izalude
12-24-2005, 12:38 AM
Hey all you guys from Hyjal, (past, present, or future). I just wanted to give you guys an update on what's going on with me...

I'm starting to feel a bit better, though I still don't forsee me coming back to WoW any time soon. At one point I couldn't sit or stand for more than an hour without nearly passing out... Now I can go about 3-4 without having to lie down. Playing WoW still makes me motion sick, because I get a really nasty vertigo sensation if I'm on for more than a half hour.

Basically here's my problem:

About 3 months ago, I contracted a rather nasty strain of viral encephilitis that attacks my brain stem. It had a very long incubation period, so I took a long time to gradually get sick. When I had an MS attack the day before Halloween, the virus hit me so hard, that I was stuck in bed for 3 days straight. I recovered a little bit, to the point where I was able to drive home to my parents' house. Shortly after I arrived, it got ALOT worse....

Now... there's nothing the docs can do to treat the encephilitis. None of the antibiotics worked. My body has to fight off the virus on it's own. Now herein lies a small dilema. I'm taking Interferon-B for the MS, and that actually weakens my immune system. Instead of my immune system attacking my brain and brainstem, it goes after a certain protein base. So my body is too busy attacking the medication than it is to dedicate itself fully to having the infection abate. My docs don't want me lessening the dose of Avonex, because that's a drug you really need to build up to. If I went off, or lessened it, I'd have to start over... And I REALLY don't wanna do that again.

So my mother, who's a doctor, pulled some strings, and got me a few trips to a neurologist. (I have no health insurance.) He then referred me to NYU medical center, where they can treat both the MS and the virus simultaneously. So I've been going to the Medical Center having a multitude of tests done, including a weekly spinal tap.

Then this week, the Transit Union went on strike... Now instead of taking 2 trains and walking 3 blocks, I had to walk nearly 30 blocks, because I couldn't afford a cab with their ridiculous 'MTA is on strike' rates. My mother was a godsend in getting me treatment, but she could only go so far... I just got nailed with a $955 hospital bill, and the way things are going, it looks like I'm gonna get slammed with another big one in a 2-3 more weeks. It really sucks that I can't go home until this whole thing clears up. In the meantime, to offest the hospital bills, a friend of the family gave me a job from home filling out invoices, purchase orders, and inventory for him and his electrical company.

So that's pretty much what I'm up to... I just wanted to let you know what I'm up to, and that I'm on the road to recovery.

Take care guys, I hope to see you all soon.

Kevin
- Player of Tilartis

Artha
12-24-2005, 12:42 AM
Hey man, I know this type of thing might seem trite (which is why I generally don't do it), but I really hope you start feeling better soon. Sounds really rough, but I'm sure you'll pull through ok.

Gan
12-24-2005, 01:01 AM
Sounds like you've been through hell with not much relief in sight. I hope you get to feeling better soon. Give me a shout sometime when you see me online, I still owe you some guild time in GS.

Numbers
12-24-2005, 01:45 PM
Hope you feel better soon, buddy.

Skeeter
12-24-2005, 04:32 PM
Look forward to seeing you back in action bro.

HarmNone
12-24-2005, 04:39 PM
Kevin, I'm so very sorry you've been stricken with all this. It's not like you didn't have enough on your plate with the MS! I'm glad you're getting the treatment you need, and hope you're feeling better very soon. In the meantime, just take care of yourself and know there are those who have never met you who are thinking of you and wishing you the best.

A candle is lit for you, hon.

Izalude
12-25-2005, 12:02 AM
Thanks all. Have a safe and Happy Holiday. :)

Gan
12-25-2005, 12:03 AM
Merry Christmas Izalude.

Aesur
12-30-2005, 07:20 AM
Hey Tilartis, hope things take a turn for the better soon. Happy (as they can be) holidays to you.

Elestus/Kalam

Prosperanna
01-02-2006, 01:05 AM
I'm so sorry that you've been so sick, but I wish you lots of good health in the New Year. *hug*

Lobster
01-03-2006, 12:14 PM
Damn, I'm happy to hear at least something from you and I'm sorry to hear the catch 22 the virus & MS have put you in bro. I was talking with Ror 2 weeks ago and neither of us had seen you or Nyte on in weeks, but I also haven't been logged in as Alliance much in ages. We were both worried about you. I'm SO glad that you're on the road to recovery and can't wait until you're better and we can catch up in-game. Until then just take it easy and do what has to be done to get better.

Would you mind if I pass the basics of the news on to Ror? I can't remember if he came from GS or not.

Keep us updated on your progress and tell Nyte I said hi. When you're back in action or just want to catch up just email me at solorecruiter@yahoo.com. I've only logged on to Settium(still unguilded) for a total for 8-10 hours since a week or so into November, so catching me in-game isn't likely to happen.

:heart: Tilartis
:heart: Nyteshade

Get better!

Lobster
01-31-2006, 01:29 PM
/bump

Hope you're doing well.

How about an update ya slacker?!?!