PDA

View Full Version : FF XII

Solkern
12-23-2005, 11:16 PM
Anyone know when this game is coming out?

and is it for ps2 or the soon to come ps3?

The Ponzzz
12-23-2005, 11:35 PM
PS2 next Spring is what i heard...

Same goes for the new Zelda thatw as suppose to be out this month for GC...

The Korean
12-23-2005, 11:39 PM
Slated for August 1st 2006 last I heard.

Hips
12-23-2005, 11:42 PM
Judging from the demo, I won't be buying it.

Ebondale
12-23-2005, 11:43 PM
Playable demo with Dragon Quest VIII, though. The game has a great look to it but I didn't like the combat system all that much. Think: Dot Hack.

The Ponzzz
12-23-2005, 11:50 PM
If you liked FFX then yea, this game looks nice... Personally, FFX is what makes Final fantasy horrible...

Hips
12-24-2005, 12:56 AM
.hack was good. The new FFXII demo was not.

Ebondale
12-24-2005, 11:57 AM
.hack was repetitive. Still, I liked it. I think the problem with the FFXII demo was that it was far too short to be a decent demonstration of the gameplay. I knew pretty much off the bat that I wasn't going to like FFXII very much when they announced that it would take place in Ivalice, the location of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. I didn't care for FFTA very much.

J.E.B. Stuart
12-24-2005, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Ebondale
I knew pretty much off the bat that I wasn't going to like FFXII very much when they announced that it would take place in Ivalice, the location of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. I didn't care for FFTA very much.

Now hold on there! Ivalice, mind you, was ALSO the location of Final Fantasy Tactics. Honestly, if you hated that game, well, there's something entirely wrong with your opinion of role-playing games!

The battle system didn't tickle my fancy (referring to FFXII) on the demo disk, however, the music wasn't that bad. In fact, a lot of the tracks played sounded like 'remixes' of some of the Final Fantasy Tactics songs -- which had one of the most awe-inspiring OST I've ever heard. That, definitely, was a positive to the demo.

[Edited on 12-24-2005 by J.E.B. Stuart]

Ebondale
12-24-2005, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by J.E.B. Stuart

I knew pretty much off the bat that I wasn't going to like FFXII very much when they announced that it would take place in Ivalice, the location of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. I didn't care for FFTA very much.

Now hold on there! Ivalice, mind you, was ALSO the location of Final Fantasy Tactics. Honestly, if you hated that game, well, there's something entirely wrong with your opinion of role-playing games!

The battle system didn't tickle my fancy (referring to FFXII) on the demo disk, however, the music wasn't that bad. In fact, a lot of the tracks played sounded like 'remixes' of some of the Final Fantasy Tactics songs -- which had one of the most awe-inspiring OST I've ever heard. That, definitely, was a positive to the demo.

[Edited on 12-24-2005 by J.E.B. Stuart]

Final Fantasy Tactics on the PSX was a great game. On the GBA it was grand suckage in the form of too many new races and absurd rules of engagement.

Hips
12-24-2005, 12:30 PM
Final Fantasy Tactics on the PSX was a great game. On the GBA it was grand suckage in the form of too many new races and absurd rules of engagement.

"Absurd rules of engagement" is an understatement. I loved FFT, so FFTA was disappointing. I do like Viera though, I'm glad they found an all-female race to introduce that isn't mithra (from FFXI). I hate FFXI... which is probably why I already hate FFXII.

Ebondale
12-24-2005, 01:17 PM
I didn't like those crocodile looking guys... those bothered me the most. ;)

Drinin
12-24-2005, 04:55 PM
Playable demo with Dragon Quest VIII, though. The game has a great look to it but I didn't like the combat system all that much. Think: Dot Hack.

Awesome. I love free-form combat like in Dot Hack, Star Ocean (the most recent one) and Secret of Mana. Hopefully it's much better than the disappointment that was FFX.

The Ponzzz
12-25-2005, 03:08 AM
I thought the combat was more like chrono trigger if anything...

Hips
12-25-2005, 11:11 AM
I didn't like those crocodile looking guys... those bothered me the most. ;)

Yeah, the bangaa sucked. The moogles, viera, and nu mou (spelling?) aren't so bad, though.

Jenisi
12-25-2005, 12:25 PM
Ugh, I'm still ON FFX haha. Lack of free time damnit, such a time consuming game. Been trying to finsh let's see here... for like 4 months?! And I doubt I'm even half way through. I saw there was a demo coming out for the new one, but havne't had time to pick up anything that contains it.