PDA

View Full Version : Elbrion with the assist!

Renian
12-21-2005, 07:07 PM
I died in Sand Devils from an implosion and stumbled upon two AFK scripters who just happened to return after I alerted Elbrion. Log below.

EDIT: Damn you notepad, messing up the log! Reposted it.

Oh, and I should probably mention that I actually happen to the involved characters. They have helped me out numerous times, and both of them dragged me to a cleric when they came back.

R>look
[Teras Isle, Fhorian Village]
All sound is muffled by the thick carpet of ash and weed that threatens to overtake this once thriving village. However, even amid all the rubble and ruin a few structures remain intact. A footbridge, which spans the river and cleaves the village into two halves, has seen better days -- but is probably functional. The dark columns of the temple looming to the west are eerily reflected in the river below which lazily feeds a small cove to the south. You also see a sand devil, a whirling sandstorm, a giant clamshell shield, some dusty green robes, a sand devil, a sand devil that appears dead, some dirty turquoise robes, some dusty green robes and some dirty turquoise robes.
Obvious paths: southwest, west, northwest
!R>
A sand devil whirls madly in circles around you!
A void rips open in the area, nearly on top of you!
You are sucked into the void!
Rather abrupt decompression causes you to explode!
Billions and billions of tiny bits of flesh shower everything.
Quite severely dead.
* Renian has been vaporized!

Your SIGN OF SHIELDS is no longer effective.
Your SIGN OF SMITING is no longer effective.
Your SIGN OF STRIKING is no longer effective.
Your SIGN OF WARDING is no longer effective.
Your SIGN OF SWORDS is no longer effective.
Your SIGN OF DEFLECTION is no longer effective.
Your SIGN OF DEFENDING is no longer effective.

It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...

You mentally give a sigh of relief as you remember that the Goddess Lorminstra owes you a favor.

...departing in 13 mins...

Blasted into a thousand pieces your remains speed through a limitless void for several moments before you feel a tugging on your remains by some unseen force. You realize you are falling rapidly when abruptly your remains come to a crashing stop.

[Ghorsa Isle, Tower]
The view from the tower is spectacular. The city is spread out before you, huddled in a valley beneath the great mountain Stormbrow. Far to the northeast, beyond the walls, the sky is lit with a dim, red glow. To the northwest, you see only mist. A white glaes statue of a dwarf stands tall on a podium, gazing over the town. You also see a wooden charity bin, a marble ledge with some stuff on it and some marble stairs.
Also here: Kristianna who is sitting, Byzkit
Obvious exits: none
DEAD>
* Renian just bit the dust!
DEAD>
Byzkit begins a musical chant...
DEAD>
Byzkit sings a melody, directing the sound of his voice at a star ruby.
As Byzkit's voice focuses on the star ruby, the crystalline structure of the gem appears to improve somewhat.
When the song ends, you notice the star ruby sparkles a little more and is void of some natural imperfections.
DEAD>'Ow.
You darkly say, "Ow."
DEAD>
Byzkit put a star ruby in his spidersilk cloak.
DEAD>
Byzkit removes a star ruby from in his climbing pack.
DEAD>
DEAD>
Byzkit sings a melody, directing the sound of his voice at a star ruby.
Nothing happens.
DEAD>
Byzkit sings:

"Ruby of perfect hue
What purpose do you do?"

DEAD>
Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.
DEAD>look
[Ghorsa Isle, Tower]
The view from the tower is spectacular. The city is spread out before you, huddled in a valley beneath the great mountain Stormbrow. Far to the northeast, beyond the walls, the sky is lit with a dim, red glow. To the northwest, you see only mist. A white glaes statue of a dwarf stands tall on a podium, gazing over the town. You also see a wooden charity bin, a marble ledge with some stuff on it and some marble stairs.
DEAD>
Byzkit put a star ruby in his archery duffel bag.
DEAD>'Hello.
You darkly say, "Hello."
DEAD>
Byzkit removes a star sapphire from in his climbing pack.
DEAD>
DEAD>
Byzkit sings a melody, directing the sound of his voice at a star sapphire.
When the song ends, you notice the star sapphire sparkles a little more and is void of some natural imperfections.
DEAD>
DEAD>look krist
You see Kristianna Trales.
She appears to be a Human.
She appears to be young and shorter than average. She has sparkling crystal blue eyes and pale skin. She has very long, flowing silver blonde hair with lighter streaks. She has a delicate face, a small nose and thin lips.
She has a black angel tattoo on her ankle, and a long blond ponytail.
She is in good shape.
She is holding a midnight black cloak in her right hand.
She is wearing a pair of black knee-high boots, a sigil-incised dark crystal anklet, a courtly raven-hued skirt, a deathstone adorned purse, a silver-veined dark obsidian censer, a slender veniom-link waistchain, some enruned obsidian-tipped finger-armor, a crimson crystal-inset ring, a jet black glaes spider charm, a gold-studded ora mesh weapon harness, a blue toadstool pin, a silver-filled crystal orb pin, a golden-tinged mauve rose, a coral and ivory wristlet, some shapely lunar-embossed leathers, an ale-stained malt and hops pomander, a vaalin chain, a pearl-eyed onyx dragon locket, an aloeas stem talisman, some elegant opal hair sticks, a braided black leather hair tie, a heavy ebon moire silk veil hung from a dark crystal-set circlet, a mithril mesh gem pouch, and a midnight black pack.
DEAD>
When the song ends, you notice the star sapphire sparkles a little more and is void of some natural imperfections.
DEAD>
DEAD>
As Byzkit's voice focuses on the star sapphire, the gem appears to improve in quality and color.
DEAD>
Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.
DEAD>look
[Ghorsa Isle, Tower]
DEAD>
DEAD>
As Byzkit's voice focuses on the star sapphire, the crystalline structure of the gem appears to improve somewhat.
DEAD>
Byzkit put a star sapphire in his spidersilk cloak.
DEAD>
Byzkit removes a green sapphire from in his climbing pack.
DEAD>
DEAD>
Byzkit sings a melody, directing the sound of his voice at a green sapphire.
Nothing happens.
DEAD>
Byzkit sings:

"Sapphire of perfect hue
What purpose do you do?"

DEAD>,I really, really hate when sand devils just randomly implode you
You focus on transmitting your thought.
Byzkit put a green sapphire in his archery duffel bag.
DEAD>
Byzkit removes a yellow sapphire from in his climbing pack.
DEAD>
DEAD>
Byzkit sings a melody, directing the sound of his voice at a yellow sapphire.
When the song ends, you notice the yellow sapphire sparkles a little more and is void of some natural imperfections.
DEAD>'Um...could I get some help here?
You darkly ask, "Um...could I get some help here?"
DEAD>
DEAD>
When the song ends, you notice the yellow sapphire sparkles a little more and is void of some natural imperfections.
DEAD>look
[Ghorsa Isle, Tower]
DEAD>
DEAD>
DEAD>who

Active Players: 447

Staff on duty:

Use WHO HELP for more options.
DEAD>
DEAD>
As Byzkit's voice focuses on the yellow sapphire, the gem appears to improve in quality and color.
DEAD>
DEAD>
As Byzkit's voice focuses on the yellow sapphire, the gem appears to improve in quality and color.
DEAD>
DEAD>
As Byzkit's voice focuses on the yellow sapphire, the crystalline structure of the gem appears to improve somewhat.
DEAD>
Byzkit put a yellow sapphire in his spidersilk cloak.
DEAD>
Byzkit removes a yellow sapphire from in his climbing pack.
DEAD>
DEAD>
DEAD>report I think Byzkit might be AFK scripting...I was just imploded by sand devils and ended up in the tower where he is sitting, purifying gems.
Kristianna faces Byzkit, closes her eyes and begins chanting. Suddenly, a small bolt of energy arcs between them!

Kristianna opens her eyes, looking slightly drained.
DEAD>
REPORT should only be used to notify the GemStone IV staff of emergency situations or gamewide technical errors. Please use ASSIST for general support.

Message sent to all online game staff. While no staff members are currently on duty, there are likely to be several lurking behind the scenes to investigate your report. If you feel the need to speak with the staff, please type ASSIST for a list of options.

DEAD>
Kristianna faces Byzkit, closes her eyes and begins chanting. Suddenly, a small bolt of energy arcs between them!

Kristianna opens her eyes, looking slightly drained.
DEAD>
DEAD>
DEAD>
DEAD>
DEAD>
DEAD>

SEND[Elbrion] I'll look into it. Thanks!

DEAD>
DEAD>
DEAD>
As Byzkit's voice focuses on the yellow sapphire, the crystalline structure of the gem appears to improve somewhat.
DEAD>
Byzkit put a yellow sapphire in his spidersilk cloak.
DEAD>
Byzkit removes a green sapphire from in his climbing pack.
DEAD>
DEAD>
As Byzkit's voice focuses on the green sapphire, the gem appears to improve in quality and color.
When the song ends, you notice the green sapphire sparkles a little more and is void of some natural imperfections.
DEAD>
DEAD>
As Byzkit's voice focuses on the green sapphire, the crystalline structure of the gem appears to improve somewhat.
When the song ends, you notice the green sapphire sparkles a little more and is void of some natural imperfections.
DEAD>report No problem. By the way, looks like Kristianna is his scripting accomplice; she seems to be automatically sending him mana.
REPORT should only be used to notify the GemStone IV staff of emergency situations or gamewide technical errors. Please use ASSIST for general support.

Message sent to all online game staff. While no staff members are currently on duty, there are likely to be several lurking behind the scenes to investigate your report. If you feel the need to speak with the staff, please type ASSIST for a list of options.

DEAD>
Byzkit put a green sapphire in his spidersilk cloak.
DEAD>
Byzkit removes a star sapphire from in his climbing pack.
DEAD>
DEAD>
DEAD>'Um...a little help?
You darkly ask, "Um...a little help?"
DEAD>'I'm kind of...dead.
You darkly say, "I'm kind of...dead."
DEAD>
DEAD>
DEAD>
DEAD>
DEAD>look
[Ghorsa Isle, Tower]
DEAD>
DEAD>
DEAD>
DEAD>
DEAD>'::Byzkit Are ye just gonna sit there and purify gems like an ignorant fool, or are you going to help the dead?
Speaking darkly to Byzkit, you ask, "Are ye just gonna sit there and purify gems like an ignorant fool, or are you going to help the dead?"
DEAD>
DEAD>
As Byzkit's voice focuses on the star sapphire, the gem appears to improve in quality and color.
DEAD>'Some people...
You darkly say, "Some people..."
DEAD>
DEAD>
As Byzkit's voice focuses on the star sapphire, the crystalline structure of the gem appears to improve somewhat.
DEAD>
Byzkit put a star sapphire in his spidersilk cloak.
DEAD>

SEND[Elbrion] I'll take care of it.

DEAD>look
[Ghorsa Isle, Tower]
DEAD>
Byzkit says, "I'm her."
DEAD>'...And that is possible how?
You darkly ask, "...And that is possible how?"
DEAD>'In any case, I am in need of assistance.
You darkly say, "In any case, I am in need of assistance."
DEAD>

SEND[Elbrion] I think he meant "here," not "her." Your comment was pretty funny, though! hehe

DEAD>
Kristianna nods to you.
DEAD>
Kristianna asks, "Healing needed?"
DEAD>report Mwahaha. Thank you.

DEAD>group open
Your group status is already open.
DEAD>
Kristianna says, "And I'll getcha a cleric too."
DEAD>'Indeed. But you may not want to get all at once, and I have an empathic friend who could help.
You darkly say, "Indeed. But you may not want to get all at once, and I have an empathic friend who could help."
DEAD>
Kristianna says, "I'm old, I can handle it."

[Edited on 12-22-2005 by Renian]

Miss X
12-21-2005, 07:13 PM
Worst thing about that log:

You see Kristianna Trales.
She appears to be a Human.
She appears to be young and shorter than average. She has sparkling crystal blue eyes and pale skin. She has very long, flowing silver blonde hair with lighter streaks. She has a delicate face, a small nose and thin lips.

Kristianna says, "I'm old, I can handle it."

:rolleyes:

[Edited on 12-22-2005 by Miss X]

Renian
12-21-2005, 07:14 PM
I realized when it was too late that I should have said something about that.

Makkah
12-21-2005, 07:14 PM
That might be the dumbest log I've ever read... and I've read all of Tabor's

Bobmuhthol
12-21-2005, 07:15 PM
I don't get it.

I've called myself old many times and am younger than a human who is "young" in GemStone.

Renian
12-21-2005, 07:16 PM
The point is that young != old.

EDIT: Well, that and it was crap roleplay.

nocturnix
12-21-2005, 07:18 PM
Good job! I'm glad we have such upstanding script-police like youreself ready to report any suspicious behavior.

Let's hope you nabbed the bastard and got him banned from the game forever.

:whocares:

[Edited on 12-22-2005 by nocturnix]

Renian
12-21-2005, 07:22 PM
Good job! I'm glad we have such upstanding script-police like youreself ready to report any suspicious behavior.

Let's hope you nabbed the bastard and got him banned from the game forever.

I hate how out natural sarcasm detectors do not work without hearing one's tone of voice. Anyway, I usually don't report people for afk scripting unless they do one of the following:

A) Fuck with me, I.E. jacking my kill.
B) Screw me over by being AFK, as in this case where I could not get a drag from them, or from anyone else, as those that located did not come as they thought those two were taking care of it. Fortunately, they eventually did.

nocturnix
12-21-2005, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Renian
I hate how out natural sarcasm detectors do not work without hearing one's tone of voice.

Hence the reason I added the emote :P

Renian
12-21-2005, 07:25 PM
Meany. :D

Makkah
12-21-2005, 07:27 PM
I love how you overused tones too; that was sweet.

Fallen
12-21-2005, 07:38 PM
I love how you overused tones too; that was sweet. >>

Heh. He WAS dead, Makkah. Dark is applicable.

Soulpieced
12-21-2005, 08:42 PM
He was purifying gems, who the hell cares?

Rowi
12-21-2005, 09:32 PM
:rock:

I wish we had tables on the isle, this shit wouldnt happen! Unless in my year off and on absence they got some!

Amaron
12-22-2005, 09:25 AM
Wish I had my rogue there.. is the area stealable?

J

12-22-2005, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Renian

A) Fuck with me, I.E. jacking my kill.
B) Screw me over by being AFK, as in this case where I could not get a drag from them, or from anyone else, as those that located did not come as they thought those two were taking care of it. Fortunately, they eventually did.

:lol: Well it's nice to see that you understand the purpose of the verb. It's imbeciles like you that think the command is a revenge tool that ruin the game.

Sidrik
12-22-2005, 12:45 PM
And what if those two characters had simply been afk, and not purifying gems? Same situation for you. What a complete douchebag you are. Way to cry to mommy because someone was afk purifying gems.

Drew2
12-22-2005, 12:53 PM
Oh noez he was AFK scripting purifying gems. He was definitely having an unfair gain on all of us.

Please. Get a new hobby. You suck at this one.

Also,

<<Screw me over by being AFK, as in this case where I could not get a drag from them, or from anyone else, as those that located did not come as they thought those two were taking care of it. Fortunately, they eventually did. >>

They were screwing you over? So basically anyone at their keyboard would help you out? Honestly, I might have kept you and just walked away or something. No one is OBLIGATED to help anyone else, you douche.

Kembal
12-22-2005, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Tayre
Oh noez he was AFK scripting purifying gems. He was definitely having an unfair gain on all of us.

Please. Get a new hobby. You suck at this one.

Also,

<<Screw me over by being AFK, as in this case where I could not get a drag from them, or from anyone else, as those that located did not come as they thought those two were taking care of it. Fortunately, they eventually did. >>

They were screwing you over? So basically anyone at their keyboard would help you out? Honestly, I might have kept you and just walked away or something. No one is OBLIGATED to help anyone else, you douche.

If I'm not mistaken, that would've been an acceptable outcome to Renian. By them just sitting there, no one fogged in to rescue after the locates. Especially considering that one of them is an empath.

Aaysia
12-22-2005, 01:27 PM
what Kembal said. If my character had located and saw other people with a corpse she would have assumed they had help and left it at that.

Landrion
12-22-2005, 01:46 PM
His motivations for reporting them are just ad-hominem. The question is simply, do we approve of AFK scripting or not?

By Gem's scripting rules, this person was in the wrong. Singing gems is monetary gain. This person seemed to not be responsive and got lucky that they caught on before the GM got too far into checking.

Yeah singing gems is boring. Probably lots of us have scripted equally as boring shit. God knows I did. I sure as hell didnt watch 40 to 50 lines of my character bashing the same fuckin box over and over. Dunno if Id be happy if some guy died in the room and then ratted me for not helping him - but I made the choice to script KNOWING I could get busted for doing it.

So, many of us do script(ed). And maybe some of us make up our own little conditions of whose worse or better. Oh that asshole script hunts. *I* just script heal-tipping. Or Oh the other guy scripts his travelling. I go everywhere by hand. Maybe for another guy its just guild reps with the bots. The rules are pretty damn straightforward - money or experience. If you script gaining them - youre breakin the law.

Im not awful thrilled with defending Renian but Kristianna/Byzkit made their own choice to script in the open like that. I dont care why he called them on it. They took a risk and got lucky. Maybe theyll be a little more discreet next time.

Skirmisher
12-22-2005, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Kembal
If I'm not mistaken, that would've been an acceptable outcome to Renian. By them just sitting there, no one fogged in to rescue after the locates. Especially considering that one of them is an empath.

He didn't go out HUNTING after afk scripters.

They were breaking rules which are quite plain however. Some players may not like that rule but too bad.

How they were caught is of no consequence to me.

If you get caught it's on you.

12-23-2005, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Skirmisher

They were breaking rules which are quite plain however. Some players may not like that rule but too bad.

How they were caught is of no consequence to me.

If you get caught it's on you.

So you think it's completely irrelevant that he admitted that the only reason he REPORTed was to get revenge? He was pissed he died and landed in front of them, and that they weren't responding and helping him, so he reported.

He didn't see the AFK scripting and say "This is bad for the game and I'm reporting". He saw the AFK scripting and said "Oh good, I can teach these fuckers a lesson about what happens when I don't get help." He clearly explained the 2 reasons he uses the REPORT verb.

Anyway, I don't disapprove of reporting AFK scripters. I just hate the imbeciles that think the REPORT command is another weapon in their character's quiver, instead of treating it as the emergency command that it should be.

Skirmisher
12-23-2005, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Tea & Strumpets

So you think it's completely irrelevant that he admitted that the only reason he REPORTed was to get revenge? He was pissed he died and landed in front of them, and that they weren't responding and helping him, so he reported.

Correct. :D

Landrion
12-23-2005, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Skirmisher

Originally posted by Tea & Strumpets

Correct. :D

Damn right.

Drew2
12-23-2005, 12:51 PM
I don't care who was in the room when they were located.

Don't assume someone will help you just because they're there. That's ignorant.

Brattt8525
12-23-2005, 12:55 PM
So what they were scripting singing to gems, who were they hurting? its not like you can gain exp singing to gems.

People need to mind their own business for gods sake. Too bad they didn't help you when you landed dead at their feet there are plenty of characters who will walk right by your corpse and not help you. Way to be a pissy bitch.

Skirmisher
12-23-2005, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Tayre
Don't assume someone will help you just because they're there. That's ignorant.

Almost as ignorant as complaining about being caught afk scripting....but not quite!
:devilsmile:

Renian
12-23-2005, 04:01 PM

He didn't see the AFK scripting and say "This is bad for the game and I'm reporting". He saw the AFK scripting and said "Oh good, I can teach these fuckers a lesson about what happens when I don't get help." He clearly explained the 2 reasons he uses the REPORT verb.

I'll report them if I see them normally too. I just generally don't because if it doesn't effect me, chances are, I'm not going to notice.

Pissed? Sure. But was I wrong? No; they were AFK scripting. That's against policy.

People need to mind their own business for gods sake. Too bad they didn't help you when you landed dead at their feet there are plenty of characters who will walk right by your corpse and not help you. Way to be a pissy bitch.

That I don't mind so much. But if I'm sitting there, and they aren't moving at all, and people aren't coming to get me because they think those to are one it, well, I'm completely fucked. Besides, no one generally goes to that spot, which is probably why they were AFK scripting there.

I just hate the imbeciles that think the REPORT command is another weapon in their character's quiver, instead of treating it as the emergency command that it should be.

I know its an emergency command. How can it be a weapon in the character's quiver when REPORT is an OOC function?

[Edited on 12-23-2005 by Renian]