PDA

View Full Version : Good Roleplayers in Today's GS.

Pages : [1] 2

Ilvane
12-21-2005, 01:32 PM
So who are the good roleplayers out there now adays?

Are you seeing good things in certain towns, or certain areas?

Keep it upbeat and positive, no bad debates here!

-A

Drew2
12-21-2005, 01:37 PM
Me.

Example from yesterday:

(Someone attacks me and fails)

You say, "Hell to the no."

(I pwn)

Alfster
12-21-2005, 01:58 PM
People still play GS?

Sean of the Thread
12-21-2005, 01:58 PM
I vote for Desse "fo shure shizzel"

Daniel
12-21-2005, 01:59 PM
Me last night

"Stupid fucking poison

Marl
12-21-2005, 02:00 PM
Is River's Rest still the Rp capital? Or has the noobs taken over?

The Cat In The Hat
12-21-2005, 02:08 PM
Charna, hands down :heart:

Terminator X
12-21-2005, 02:15 PM
I liked interacting with Berassi in the Common's today. Ahhh River's Rest, you are like the sugar on the candy for my stuff...

- Termie

Jolena
12-21-2005, 02:16 PM
Okay okay, so I'll mention ONE sploof RP nomination and then I'll do my serious one.

Aeraelena -- "Doncha wish your girlfriend was HOT like me."

Jaysehn Ranshai

The Ponzzz
12-21-2005, 02:18 PM
RR is hardly an RP capital ever.

If you play a thief though the best RPers out there are:

Yipsy, Grandsome, Leash and Alfue. I would include myself, but that's lame. Some other good ones are Farn and Blin when they are around...

And Naessi for getting us in a bunch of trouble the other night with the circle ordeal...

Jolena
12-21-2005, 02:19 PM
Farn rawks, I can't lie. Jolena and he once brawled each other because she killed a rolton while they were chopping trees. To this day, I still laugh until I cry when I think of that story and how hilarious it was when it happened. Good stuff.

Amaron
12-21-2005, 02:27 PM
Tolwynn for sure... he is the most awesome Ivasian.. sublte yet,, very much a follower.

Siwas and Alisaire...

Mekthros as well
J

Viridian
12-21-2005, 02:54 PM
Ilijah, Irsila, Laakshmi, Kaelael, Divid

They are the ones I interact with most, and I'm proud to get to do so.

Others who are awesome and I'm usually nervous to roleplay around.

Alisaire, Avidliegh, Siwas, Mekthros, Licel.

Fallen
12-21-2005, 03:14 PM
Alisaire is awesome. Never met Avidlegh. Siwas hates my character, but she is fun to interract on the brief moments we run into reach other. Licel is skilled, and Mekthros is..Mekthros.

Of those I interact with, Merjinia, Xandalf, Debia, and Starshadow always provide me with memorable moments. Ceyrin also puts a good deal of effort into his roleplay, and that is always to be respected.

Though many may not like him, Hakonne(sp) is the one merchant that told me upfront that he roleplays his services/exchanging/merchanting. Our meeting was well enjoyed.

Charna, though my character has never have had the chance to deal with her, is awesome. I have seen the amount of work she has done in-game and out to make some events happen. Truly inspiring.

Nauriel, Kyal, Eoghain, Amerith, Maliku, Grandsome, and Sygel are some people to watch for when in game. As are Rheisia, Rlen, Glimmin, and Chica. Ta'Illistim isn't known for its roleplaying, though there are definitely a few RPers there racking up levels.

Terminator X
12-21-2005, 03:17 PM
^
Carl the Dhe'nar.

Viridian
12-21-2005, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Fallen

Charna, though my character has never have had the chance to deal with her, is awesome. I have seen the amount of work she has done in-game and out to make some events happen. Truly inspiring.

I have had a few interactions with Charna, my character hates her, but whenever I've interacted with her it's always been good.

Evarin is good too, though I'm not nervous to play around him anymore, I think mostly because Hadya grows to hate Dhe'nar with each passing day.

And I can't forget two other Dhe'nar, Xandalf and Garvane.

And Perigroud, another Hadya absolutely hates, but I love roleplaying with him, no doubt.

Fallen
12-21-2005, 03:22 PM
Evarin is good too, though I'm not nervous to play around him anymore, I think mostly because Hadya grows to hate Dhe'nar with each passing day.

And I can't forget two other Dhe'nar, Xandalf and Garvane.>>

Hate will do. You're a peach too, Hadya. I need to resolve some issues, and I will go back to messing with you again when you die.

grin

[Edited on 12-21-2005 by Fallen]

Latrinsorm
12-21-2005, 03:26 PM
Piggles is the best. Mekthros is close though.

ElanthianSiren
12-21-2005, 03:28 PM
Eoghain and Divid. Take it for what it's worth.

-M

Hulkein
12-21-2005, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Marluxian
Is River's Rest still the Rp capital? Or has the noobs taken over?

The number agreements took over.

Viridian
12-21-2005, 04:18 PM
many people. I wish I remembered them all at once *sighs*

Sescie, Phatall, Nauriel, Sygel, Thylina, Yipsy, Leash, Dhask, Glatt, Eoghain, Stormyrain(Hadya's most hated), Turinrond, Ceyrin, Kairyu, Chizu, Haoharmaru (I think I spelled that right.).

[Edited on 12-21-2005 by Viridian]

Jolena
12-21-2005, 04:31 PM
Okay so I guess I'll add my list in here since I only listed one before.

Stunseed (big surprise), Inaara, Jaysehn, Karibeth, Nilandia, Mekthros, Uniana (miss her :heart: ), Gaerit, Chivalrous, Bisco, Evelith, Kasia, Michiko, Stalgart, Kaseim, Merjinia, Wulfhen, Siwas (who still skerrs my character and myself into almost frozen status when I have the pleasure of dealing with her, which is rare), Turinrond, Lyrienne, Dhask, Perigourd, Izalude, Aetheri, Valicar, Adhara, Satira, Naessi, Jesae, Eugenides, Senja, Landrai, Kateerina, Boomsplat.

I'm sure I missed some, but the list was already long and so I'll just have to say that I have been very priviledged to enjoy RP moments with a great amount of people.

Aaysia
12-21-2005, 05:04 PM
:heart: Perigourd. He's advised and inspired Aaysia in warrior ways.

I'll go with my biased picks.

Gothique, Missoni, Raeyanii who's hardly around but almost always has me in stitches :P, Kithus who's rarely around as well :( , Rynot who's Aaysia's oldest and best friend... he's another who's presence in game is very rare.

Kirdac isn't around anymore but he brought GS to life for Aaysia when I just started playing. Really made it seem magical.

Can't think of anyone else at the moment but I'm sure I will later.

Fallen
12-21-2005, 06:46 PM
Kithus who's rarely around as well >>

He still plays, though the Plat monster grabbed him.

Gizmo
12-21-2005, 06:55 PM
Platinum is the win for RP. Granted our numbers suck, I have more enjoyment here, than in Prime.

(Note: I am not Kithus)

Ilvane
12-21-2005, 07:34 PM
I still see some familiar names here, which is nice sometimes..and lots of new people too. It's nice to hear it's still out there in some places.

Oh, and :heart: Charna..she is just an amazing roleplayer.

-A

Miss X
12-21-2005, 07:44 PM
Glimmin is really amazing, Merjnina, Evarin, Blades, Boom, Chiv... Oh and I met a really great newish (I think) player today in Icemule. Sorcerer, I think her name was Mhorgahn or something like that. She ruled!

Oooh I forgot Xandalf, Leash, Siwas Evelith, and tons more!

[Edited on 12-22-2005 by Miss X]

Trinitis
12-21-2005, 07:45 PM
Gone for a few months, and everyone forgets your name. La sigh.

:(

Aaysia
12-21-2005, 08:25 PM
Kithus who's rarely around as well >>

He still plays, though the Plat monster grabbed him.

yep I know.

Aaysia misses him though. She won't admit it to anyone else of course :smilegrin:

Hulkein
12-21-2005, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Trinitis

You're not part of 'Today's GS' if you're not playing, are ya?

Evelith
12-21-2005, 09:03 PM
Blargh. I love you all.

Except for you.

The Girls:

Kasia, because she's Kasia. 'Nuff said. That, and she giggles when I sing "The Dhu run, run, run, the Dhu run-ruuuuuuuun" on the phone. She has an incredibly deep, twisted roleplay that constantly keeps me surprised.

JoJo, for constantly allowing me to be a part or witness to her loca RP'ness.

ALL OF THE EE BECAUSE WE'RE GOING TO HAVE CAT FIGHTS! You cannot have that many Type A women in one room, and not expect a throw-down. Mrrow. Chiffon and satin will fly!

Riverli, for being that quiet, sweet instigator that makes Evelith do stoopid stuff.

Atoyoz, because she rocks.

Ainsley, for being the cutest, super silliest sylph. Evar.

The Boys:

Stay- He is the ultimate in hotness, and can twist your soul in agony with his roleplay.

Kinshack- He doesn't play anymore, but he was probably one of the best all-timers. I miss him, waah.

Chivalrous- I betcha he'll get Evelith to bake cookies for him someday. Granted, he'll choke on them, but she'll at least curtsy as he takes his dying breath. Anyone with the name Olivier gets immediate props.

Kernn- Another new addition to the IMT folks, but he's s00per. He reminds me of the Lion in the Chronicles of Narnia.

Perigourd- He's on vacation right now, and I can't fight with him every other minute. I'm bored.

Anybody that Bob/Bevan plays, because they keep me entertained and laughing.

I miss Xanthias, and ILVANE, and Nissra, and Izzy (Isalya? Something like that). While the Solhaven crowd, like Charna and Alisaire and Mekthros and Wulfhen, constantly make me go, "DAMN!" with their uberness, I'm a big fan of the comfy, laid-back tone of IceMule.

Who would I like to RP with more often? Turinrond. I always feel so tiny next to him, though.

-Sarah

Warriorbird
12-21-2005, 10:53 PM
I miss Uniana too, Jolena. Her being gone is one of the things that helps me not sign back up.

And, Sarah, Turinrond is short. Short tempered.

:snickers:

Lots of great roleplayers mentioned, all told.

[Edited on 12-22-2005 by Warriorbird]

Aeraelena
12-21-2005, 11:53 PM
Faiyth, Adene, Kraydak, Drektor, Chronin, Lysistrata, Charna, Bisco, Augie, Boomsplat.

I'm sure there are tons of others but those are the top ones I can think of. I love RPing with all of them.. though Adene's player and I have been friends since we were both in 10th grade and roleplayed on other forums.. heh. It's been amazing watching her progress as an RPer.

Kraydak opened my eyes to the uses of racism in roleplay-- appropriate uses that is, heh, but still. Its been an amazing experience with him, and I'm glad I got a soulmate out of the deal.

All the others are.. well, people I've seen with consistent and accurate roleplaying. I've prolly seen tons more but those were the first that came to my mind. Love Augie's stepstool, hehe.

Lastly-- Jolena, I'd appreciate it if you didn't use my own roleplay as a joke. If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. Thanks.

Trinitis
12-22-2005, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Hulkein

Or so you think! ;)

Originally posted by Aeraelena
Lastly-- Jolena, I'd appreciate it if you didn't use my own roleplay as a joke. If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. Thanks.

"Doncha wish your girlfriend was HOT like me."

This is not role play. Sorry.

Aeraelena
12-22-2005, 12:07 AM

Originally posted by Hulkein

Or so you think! ;)

"Doncha wish your girlfriend was HOT like me."

This is not role play. Sorry.

This is a thread about RP you like, not things you don't like. Either way, I don't appreciate having things posted about me on boards I quite obviously am not a regular poster on. Especially by someone who jumped all over me on the official boards for posting a generalization about their PRO. It's hypocritical, and rude.

And for your information, just because a line appears in a song doesn't mean that it immediately becomes OOC. Aeraelena didn't bust out singing the entire song, and I'm pretty sure people have said that in real life and in game WAY before that song even game out. Either way, if you don't like it, just don't list me as a good RPer. But don't list me as a bad one, especially when you think I won't be here to read it.

Jolena
12-22-2005, 12:08 AM

First off, welcome to PC. It seems that you only have 9 posts, so you are relatively new as far as posting. I think I will give you a crash course as a courtesy.

My posts, nor anyone elses posts, have to be pleasant because this is not the officials. That being said, I hope you can take my words with a grain of salt as I had to take yours in the past.

As to your RP with the phrase I quoted, that isnt' RP in my opinion. It's using the lines of a blatantly OOC song in the game to amuse yourself. While it might be acceptable for you, it's not for me and so I voiced my opinion, as did several others that actually showed it to me and were appalled.

Like it or not, it's my opinion. :D

Hulkein
12-22-2005, 12:08 AM
It's immediately OOC. STFU and stop trying to say otherwise.

[Edited on 12-22-2005 by Hulkein]

Shari
12-22-2005, 12:16 AM
Yeah, what they said.

Jolena
This is a thread about RP you like, not things you don't like. Either way, I don't appreciate having things posted about me on boards I quite obviously am not a regular poster on. Especially by someone who jumped all over me on the official boards for posting a generalization about their PRO. It's hypocritical, and rude.

Making a generalization about someone's group on the boards is entirely different from forming an opinion about someone's actions from what you have witnessed. Granted, I cannot say that you are a bad RP'er in general, nor would I want to. I try to base my opinions of this on several instances, rather than just one. However, my opinion still stands. The action was blatantly OOC and I don't consider it good RP.

But don't list me as a bad one, especially when you think I won't be here to read it.

If there had been a thread that was appropriate to post on in the officials about this, I would have there as well. I don't care if you visit these boards or not, and my statements about your character or you will not change just because you do. So, once again, you shouldn't assume so much. :)

Aeraelena
You have been warned. And that's all I'm gonna say about it.

Trinitis
12-22-2005, 12:17 AM

And for your information, just because a line appears in a song doesn't mean that it immediately becomes OOC. Aeraelena didn't bust out singing the entire song, and I'm pretty sure people have said that in real life and in game WAY before that song even game out. Either way, if you don't like it, just don't list me as a good RPer. But don't list me as a bad one, especially when you think I won't be here to read it.

As I'm sure you have noticed by now, most, if not all thread topics are fairly fluid. This issue is two sided. To have good RP, one must define bad RP. So speaking of someone's poor RP in this thread, while not the key topic, is relevant to the topic.

Also, I could care less if you read my posts or not. In my world, you don't exist. You are simply a few lines of text on a posting boards, as I'm sure, I am the same to you. If you find what I posted offensive, I highly recommend you exit these boards very quickly, and never look back. I am very, VERY tame when compared to other posters on these boards. As Jo posted, these are not the official boards. Flaming, or harsh debate is not a breach of board policy.

Fallen
12-22-2005, 12:18 AM
You have been warned. And that's all I'm gonna say about it. >>>

::Chuckles::. I have a feeling a dead cat is at this moment being stuffed in a stocking, and being mailed to Jolena's house.

Welcome to the PC, psycho.

Edited again to add, I just found my new Signature.

[Edited on 12-22-2005 by Fallen]

Vixen
12-22-2005, 12:22 AM
You can rationalize it all you want. And yes I have made horrible faux pas in the past and done some OOC shit. But that line, is, was, and always will be OOC, no matter what spin you put on it.
Now, onto my list

Evelith
the awesomeness astounds me
Atoyoz
Jojo
Kernn
Stunseed
Kinshack
Keloin
Alisaire

Theres plenty more, and while some of these arent the stellar roleplayers who are super famous. They are the ones who keep me in character and make my "life" more rich.

Showal
12-22-2005, 12:23 AM
Showal regularly talks about checking his email in game, it's in his RP because I say so. What's wrong with that?:?:

Jolena
12-22-2005, 12:24 AM
:rofl: at Fallen.

As to being warned. Um..okay. I welcome the drama you supposedly think to bring to me. I personally think you are rather emotionally unstable if you plan to 'warn' me, because I don't consider the line you used in the game was appropriate. Again, if you will reread the statements I made, I think you will see I am very rational, not attempting to tear you a new one or anything else. I simply think the phrase is OOC and not in good taste. :shrug: Do what you will.

As to the IM you just sent me, again, you're being ridiculously childish. If you can't handle one thing being said about your character's choice of words in a fictional text-based RPG (not even maliciously mind you, just a standard flat out statement), then you should probably back away from the computer.

As to the threat you made to me just now in IM's of making my life in game a living hell, you are more than welcome to try. I know how to use REPORT and ASSIST and will have no issues doing so if it's not something that is founded from your character or anyone else's.

Trinitis
12-22-2005, 12:25 AM
GemStone IV is known as a "Roleplaying Game" which means that it is assumed that the player will present their character in a manner that is consistent with the game's environment and genre (medieval fantasy).

E-mail is not medieval fantasy. :tumble:

Fallen
12-22-2005, 12:27 AM
As to the threat you made to me just now in IM's of making my life in game a living hell, you are more than welcome to try. I know how to use REPORT and ASSIST and will have no issues doing so if it's not something that is founded from your character or anyone else's. >>

Dead cats, Jolena. Lots of dead cats.

Jolena
12-22-2005, 12:29 AM
Apparently so. Either way, I'm astounded at such a serious reaction to me saying that the line is OOC. :chuckle: Just..wow. :moon:

Aeraelena
12-22-2005, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Jolena
:rofl: at Fallen.

As to being warned. Um..okay. I welcome the drama you supposedly think to bring to me. I personally think you are rather emotionally unstable if you plan to 'warn' me, because I don't consider the line you used in the game was appropriate. Again, if you will reread the statements I made, I think you will see I am very rational, not attempting to tear you a new one or anything else. I simply think the phrase is OOC and not in good taste. :shrug: Do what you will.

As to the IM you just sent me, again, you're being ridiculously childish. If you can't handle one thing being said about your character's choice of words in a fictional text-based RPG (not even maliciously mind you, just a standard flat out statement), then you should probably back away from the computer.

As to the threat you made to me just now in IM's of making my life in game a living hell, you are more than welcome to try. I know how to use REPORT and ASSIST and will have no issues doing so if it's not something that is founded from your character or anyone else's.

Honestly, this is about all the elitist crap you've pulled and trust me, there are plenty of Gemstoners who agree with me on you being a crap RPer. So bite me.

I'm done posting here. I said my piece. Keep posting here though and plenty of people will tell me.

Have a great fucking night, all.

Hulkein
12-22-2005, 12:30 AM
And for the record, I don't want my girlfriend to look like you.

Jolena
12-22-2005, 12:31 AM
Do you really think we care if someone tells you that we posted about you? Jesus christ, woman. Deal with shit and move the hell on. Honestly.

If you react this poorly to someone saying a line you used in GemstoneIV was OOC, then I would HATE to see your reaction to something more harsh.

As to whether or not others think I'm an 'elitest' and a 'crap RP'er', that's their opinion. Wait..maybe I should go find them all and *GASP* WARN THEM and then.. *GASP* make their lives in game a living hell! OH AND *GASP* send them IM's threatening them! :lolwave:

:welcome:

Stunseed
12-22-2005, 12:32 AM
< Keep posting here though and plenty of people will tell me. >

Will you TAKE HER TO THE DESERT, WHERE BAD THINGS HAPPEN? :nono:

On my list...

Jolena, Jaysehn, Hips ( Michiko ), Kasia, Evelith, Karibeth, Charna, Briah, Chiv, and many more.

Drew
12-22-2005, 12:58 AM

Honestly, this is about all the elitist crap you've pulled and trust me, there are plenty of Gemstoners who agree with me on you being a crap RPer.

Name five. I can name fifteen that think you are a shite RPer so I imagine it shouldn't be that hard for you to come up with five people that think Jolena is a crap RPer.

PS: You, your other characters, and your other personalities are only allowed one vote.

Drew
12-22-2005, 01:00 AM
Double posts have twice the zing!

[Edited on 12-22-2005 by Drew]

Edaarin
12-22-2005, 01:00 AM
FYI, a somewhat inauspicious way to start posting is to act like a retarded paint sniffing monkey.

Satira
12-22-2005, 01:13 AM
I'm happy to see two of my characters mentioned on here.

Just off the top of my head, characters I've had fun with in one form or another...

Zaaf, Chandani, Boomsplat, Michiko, Chica, Nilandia, Vyrshkana, Jolena, Stunseed, Naessi, Lyrienne, Asarious, Winema, Linsha, Iomelindi, Jayvn, Jaysehn, Lysistrata, Hepsik, Mythala, Glimmin, Evelith, Mochi, Hadya, Syyn, Gigantuous, Lilin...

All the EE girls I've had more fun with in the past few events than I've had in a long time! :heart:

I'm sure there are a billion others I'm forgetting so don't hate!

[Edited on 12-22-2005 by Satira]

Suppa Hobbit Mage
12-22-2005, 01:36 AM
Awww, I'm not part of the RPing crowd :( :( :(

As for the "You've been warned" lady... I present the Cluepon.

Nilandia
12-22-2005, 01:37 AM
Wow, I got mentioned by two people I love! :heart: Jolena and Satira!

I'm terrified of listing people who I feel are good RP'ers, because I know I'm going to leave out people who truly deserve it.

That said, I'll list just a couple people I've enjoyed meeting and interacting with but haven't received the attention they deserve. This list is NOT inclusive and does not include the people I talk to on a regular basis, nor those who have been mentioned already. Matter of fact, very few names mentioned thus far would I say that I either object to or I have too little experience to say.

But for the list...

Siatrie, Ranad, Kreean, Godefroy, Kiritha, Daiyonn, Tierus, Vishra, Menos, Nauriel

Honorable mention goes to Turinrond. He's been mentioned already, but I HAVE to nominate a guy with the guts to wear a cotehardie. :D

Gretchen

Thargus
12-22-2005, 01:40 AM
[Flirty Skirty, Dressing]
Polished copper and glass sconces hung from the tapestry-covered walls cast a flattering light over any occupants below. A long gold-framed mirror and a small rosewood table are the only items of furniture. You also see the Stunseed disk and the Jolena disk.
Also here: GameMaster Kitrina, Fammka, Great Lady Cristal, Jahariki, Great Lord Kraygon, Caralain, Lord Ligne, Lady Kreean who is sitting, Koquette who is lying down, Chandani, Lady Bijou, Lady Mandy who is sitting, Mochi, Eirawen, Kkar, Xarian, Washee, Jaysehn, Stunseed, Jolena, Satira, High Lord Krisenfest, Nilandia, Metier, Lord Jaialorn, Lady Roseyle, Femereff, Great Lady Roxana, Godefroy, Great Lady Cristalia, Pelagia who is sitting
Obvious exits: east

>look at Kitrina
You see GameMaster Kitrina.
She appears to be a Half-Elf.
She appears to be mature. She has brown eyes and olive skin. She has shoulder length, dark brown hair. She has slightly pointed ears.
She is in good shape.
She is wearing a silver-based sleek crystal sphere, an ebon-hued obsidian gate pin, a shimmering crimson flamerose tucked behind one ear, a silver silk knapsack, a cheerleading uniform with "TEAM DEV" embroidered on the front, and a nifty ring.

Stunseed ponders.
Speaking to Kitrina, Stunseed says, "That's a nice...uniform."
Jolena glances at Stunseed.
Jolena hisses at Stunseed.
Stunseed ducks his head.
Stunseed winks at Kitrina.
Jolena raises an eyebrow in Stunseed's direction.
Jolena raises an eyebrow in Stunseed's direction.
Krisenfest nods.
As Jolena scowls at Stunseed, she takes the opportunity to grumble a quick list of similar poor choices Stunseed has made in the past.
Stunseed winces.
Jaysehn smiles quietly to himself.
Speaking to Jolena, Stunseed says, "I'm jus saying."
Jaysehn moves away from Jolena, over to Stunseed, and stands ready to protect him from attack.
Kitrina curtsies to Jaysehn.
Jaysehn bows to Kitrina.
Kitrina waves to Jaysehn.
Jolena glowers darkly at Stunseed.
Kitrina hoots.
Kitrina accepts Godefroy's orange fire.
Kitrina gestures and a shaft of scintillating light from somewhere above pierces the ceiling and engulfs her. When the light recedes Kitrina is no longer there.

-Other people commented on the Arrival, and 2 commented on the outfit, but only the above actually tried to RP it-

I don't know about you but RPing a GameMaster is frankly one of the most OOC things I have seen from anyone. Talk to a gamehost sure, but why not do it in whispers as I am sure most people do.

I can maybe see Stun commenting on the uniform but in what way would Jolena respond to his statement as any statement to a Gamemaster would by nature be OOC. Or is Jolena's Player responding to what Stunseed's player did OOC in a OOC way as well? And then Jaysehn gets into it as well? ok.. thats alot of OOC going around. I know this was a merchant event and all, but is that to mean that those events arn't supposed to be IC?

Only person who I saw in the room that should have been interacting directly with Her was Godefroy, he seemed to have called her after all.

I don't know if everyone else will consider the above in good taste or not, but I don't give two figs. After all this is an opinion of RPing. As is the entire act of RPing.

Guess I just have to watch what I do.. I better not say to someone outloud "I want to hold your hand." or maybe "Can't we all just get along?" Because these are famous lines and lyrics.

Then again I am mute half the time anyway do to how I Rp my char, and I have recieved feedback from people that it is rude and annoying. I kina thought that a Bard that refrained from using his voice was very Rp.

Chronin

- The Quite Bard

Stunseed
12-22-2005, 01:42 AM
< Honestly, this is about all the elitist crap you've pulled and trust me, there are plenty of Gemstoners who agree with me on you being a crap RPer. So bite me. >

Remember when you and Gondolion bought Sandlot? Taking a look at the "Moron of the Day" thread, a while ago, I posted this gem of our favorite RP'er, EVAR.

Aeraelena [subdued]: "I mean we bought a soul last night for a googleplex of silvers.."

Jolena
12-22-2005, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by Thargus
What he said, which I didn't want to take up a whole page quoting.

I will concede that there are many who consider the presence of a GH or GM to be OOC. It's not something that I agree that we should ignore because they are after all, standing there. With the grand entrance and all, I can hardly say that I don't see it and neither does my character.

That being said, I was reacting IC to what I perceive as Stunseed's IC reaction to Kitrina showing up. Now, if you do honestly consider that an OOC action and poor RP, then that is certainly your perogative and I take it as it is meant, constructive.

As to how you RP Chronin, I have thoroughly enjoyed the RP I have had with a particular mute character in Icemule and don't feel that there is anything wrong with RPing' someone who doesn't speak much or at all. However, as has been stated, it's all just opinions. As long as it's presented in a civil fashion, I don't mind it at all. Hell, even if it wasn't, it's no skin off my nose. I'll take it as it is and consider it and then move on.

Trinitis
12-22-2005, 01:52 AM
Guess I just have to watch what I do.. I better not say to someone outloud "I want to hold your hand." or maybe "Can't we all just get along?" Because these are famous lines and lyrics.

GemStone IV is known as a "Roleplaying Game" which means that it is assumed that the player will present their character in a manner that is consistent with the game's environment and genre (medieval fantasy).

"I want to hold your hand." or "Can't we all get along?" are something that could be used in a medieval setting. "Girlfriend" and "Hot" are both slangs that are unheard of in the medieval setting, when used in this fashion. In the setting, if you told someone they were "hot", they would have most likely responded about the weather.

Edited to make more clear.

[Edited on 12-22-2005 by Trinitis]

Suppa Hobbit Mage
12-22-2005, 01:56 AM
ok, who the fuck is Trinitis? (or was?)

Trinitis
12-22-2005, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage
ok, who the fuck is Trinitis? (or was?)

http://forum.gsplayers.com/viewthread.php?tid=19087

Jolena
12-22-2005, 01:59 AM
Adredin

Drew
12-22-2005, 01:59 AM
Personally I don't interact with GMs and consider them OOC but, at a merchant event, interacting with one is hardly the end of the world.

That being said it's a world of gap between interacting with a GM and quoting that (awful) song. As for the other songs you quoted, they are at least more everyday sounding and not such a paticular phrasing. On top of all that using "hot" in Gemstone to describe desirability makes no sense.

Trinitis
12-22-2005, 02:01 AM
Adredrin

Fixed :(

Jolena
12-22-2005, 02:04 AM
I'm sorry! I typed it and then retyped it twice and STILL messed it up. :cry: I know I know..I'm so wrong. :sneef: Forgive me?

DCSL
12-22-2005, 02:06 AM
Without getting involved in the drama... yay, I got mentioned!

That being said... lately I've been less and less of a hardcore RPer. I find myself too tired to deal with it all, because almost all the interactions I get with Lysistrata are angry/sad/dramatic/horrific/serious/secretive/dangerous/important. People are generally too intimidated by her personality (I guess) to do anything silly or fun with her, or be in any way light-hearted in their dealings with her. And really, I don't know if she would welcome it often anyway.

So my pat-on-the-back goes to the only person with whom there has been surprising, real banter of an incredibly non-serious nature: Sajjell, for a bit of fun during Vessily's visit to Cysaegir.

Thargus
12-22-2005, 02:13 AM
I would also never have thought that a female would use the term SEXY as in I am sexy or they are sexy in a medieval setting, yet it is used all the time in game. Are all those statements OOC?

Since, I am sure, none of us have our doctorates in Medieval History in a Fantasy Setting, I am sure that there is an incredible amount of times where things are used comeplety OOC and no one either knows or it's just accepted cause it's frankly easyer to deal with.

Ohh and Showal I refer to email all the time, just call them Magical scrolls in the ether or have a runner sent to them with the info.-winks-

Chronin

- The Quiet Bard

Jolena
12-22-2005, 02:20 AM
While none of us might be professors of Medieval History, that doesn't mean we can't comment on something that we see as being blatantly OOC. Especially if it's constructive and not malicious. The only way to learn and change things is to look at them from a different point of view. Ignoring it or just accepting it is not the answer in my opinion.

However, as we've seen with your friend earlier, having an opinion warrants you being threatened, psycho'd out on, and all kinds of other goodies.

Trinitis
12-22-2005, 02:21 AM
I would also never have thought that a female would use the term SEXY as in I am sexy or they are sexy in a medieval setting, yet it is used all the time in game. Are all those statements OOC?

Since, I am sure, none of us have our doctorates in Medieval History in a Fantasy Setting, I am sure that there is an incredible amount of times where things are used comeplety OOC and no one either knows or it's just accepted cause it's frankly easyer to deal with.

Ohh and Showal I refer to email all the time, just call them Magical scrolls in the ether or have a runner sent to them with the info.-winks-

Chronin

- The Quiet Bard

Yes, sexy could be viewed as an OOC statement. But, you seem to be missing, or avoiding the point.

The statement in question was not only OOC, but because it is a song lyric it is pushed beyond OOC to blatant OOC.

That is the issue. Most players are willing to overlook small OOC things. But song lyrics, names from popular books, famous quotes or other well known statements will all be frowned upon by most people who atempt to stick IC.

Hips
12-22-2005, 02:36 AM
Since, I am sure, none of us have our doctorates in Medieval History...

I'm about a year away from having my Bachelors (and then eventually Masters) in it, does that count? :lol:

Seriously though, as for those that I have enjoyed RPing with: Jolena, Stunseed, Satira, Ilijah, Irsila, Axhinde, Jaysehn, Farn, Lyrienne, Inaara, Kasia, Talantris, Tolwynn, Jesae, and (I know I'm going to butcher the spelling, apologies to Dex in advance) Ozzizalisse.

And all the EE ladies, naturally. Minus Evelith, because of her ecru crew threats!

SpunGirl
12-22-2005, 03:02 AM
This is the funniest thread ever. Jolena YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. OMG I think a black helicopter just flew over my house, better get out my tinfoil hat!

-K

PS Some dumbass song lyric definitely counts as OOC SRY thx for playing!

SpunGirl
12-22-2005, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by The Ponzzz

And Naessi for getting us in a bunch of trouble the other night with the circle ordeal...

Glad to help, anytime!

-K, Trouble

Latrinsorm
12-22-2005, 03:30 AM
My posts, nor anyone elses posts, have to be pleasant because this is not the officials.This is Gemstone Gems, so as a matter of fact your posts ARE supposed to be pleasant.
As Jo posted, these are not the official boards. Flaming, or harsh debate is not a breach of board policy. How are you a mod?

[Edited on 12-22-2005 by Latrinsorm]

Jolena
12-22-2005, 03:36 AM
Welp, then I'm guilty because my post, while not horrifying ugly, DID state that it was a sploof RP nomination and was obviously sarcastic.

So, I guess the Mod should remove it. Shall I report myself? :chuckle:

Edited to add that I wasn't aware that all posts in Gemstone Gems had to be positive. I actually did think that all posts were welcome as long as they are on topic. Guess I know better now. Heh.

[Edited on 12-22-2005 by Jolena]

Terminator X
12-22-2005, 03:50 AM
Bumples, Kalanira and Yipsy :whistle:

Drew
12-22-2005, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by Evelith

Chivalrous- I betcha he'll get Evelith to bake cookies for him someday. Granted, he'll choke on them, but she'll at least curtsy as he takes his dying breath. Anyone with the name Olivier gets immediate props.

Haha, Chiv would love that. The time when he told her she should curtsy and all the women in the town centre pitched in trying to teach Evelith to curtsy was hilarious.

Caiylania
12-22-2005, 04:36 AM
Ok, I really need to be back in the states where you guys are on when I am. Not having met most of those named, is sad. And no one remembering good times with me makes me a bit teary.

JULY!!!!

And as for me...

Stay, Chiv, Michi, Jolena, Farn -went to wow-, Ardwen, Naessi, Lalana, Faiyth, and sadly quite a few fun experiences that I no longer remember names of. Plus many more of you good folks.

[Edited on 12-22-2005 by Caiylania]

Vixen
12-22-2005, 07:37 AM
I forgot my frustrating experience with Chiv and a dead skunk.. er.. cat. That had ME laughing, but Kasia wanting to kick Chiv hard.

All the EE girls. (And the EE guy! <3 Jaysehn)

There are so many more that I am ashamed I cant think of when I want to.

And I am not ashamed to admit Lysistrata intimidates me!

Aaysia
12-22-2005, 08:01 AM
ok first of all, for that chick that 'threatened' Jolena, thanks for the early morning giggle :lol:

Secondly OMFG I don't know HOW could I forget Clintmire and Scheree. They're just so hilarious and fantastic. :heart: Aaysia's favorite witchy aunt and Goatherder Uncle. :worship:

Gotta mention Syberus, he's always impressed Aaysia as a larger than life person. He just exudes power. Plus if you stick around to see his silly side peek out in game it's worth the wait ;)

Jemiquist and Archales (Arch moreso since he takes more time to socialize than Jemi)

Menos, from the few times Aaysia's interacted with him. She always teases him to see if she can make him twitch. He's so regal and serious around her!

Gigantuous
12-22-2005, 08:03 AM
Huh...I got mentioned. Sweet.

My list:
Boomsplat (although recently it's just been him kicking Gig in the jewels), Satira, Toy, Jayvn, Iomelindi, Senja, Akari, Himmy (when he bothers RPing it's usually entertaining), Berrasi, Jescelia, Ranad, Njok, Eoghain...hmm...a few others, I'm sure, that I can't remember right now.

And also, Dessedemona. Elanthia's gangsta. Good christ.:rolleyes:

Burnt out Priestess
12-22-2005, 08:45 AM
I have listed most i have interacted with on one of my girls in one way or another..i am sure i left some people out and for that i am sorry but i tried to name em all!

Yuwen,Satira,Jolena,Augie,Stunseed,Jaysehn,Bisco,T oy,Kyirin,Cylla,Silvendar,Mulelip,Gothique,Aaysia, Clint and Scheree,Archales,Jemiquist,Gigantuous,Jayvn,Iome and a ton more i probably forget to mention.

cajunlady
12-22-2005, 08:54 AM
Gosh darnit I *had* to look up my password to look at the boards so I guess I'll post. Let me preface by saying I do not consider myself in any way the expert on RP.

I try to enjoy all my interactions in game but for appreciating consistant in-game personality I'd have to say I enjoy watching (because I am not always involved in the actual interaction with) Xandalf and Evarin in town and how they deal with those that happen by.

Senja I enjoy being around as well and has explained a lot to me so that Zen is better able *hopefully* to interact with dark elves. She provides a sense of security to my character.

Hadya, Irsila, and Ilijah- I can't recall any of them ever falling out of character which to me is incredible.

Eoghain is just fun! His character is believable and consistant. The kinder-gentler Dhe'nar but still just just intimidiating enough you don'y wantmto cross him.

Garvane, whom I miss greatly *has anyone seen him recently??*. I have had interaction with him since I started GS and was very likely my first RP storyline. When I first started I didn't have much of a clue; Some might say I still don't. Heh.

Sheelanagig when I have a chance to be around her I adore. As well as Kelau. Detail to dialect and background knowledge come through when interacting with them.

Not a list in full certainly, but those who stood out to me in thought this morning.

Sietzer
12-22-2005, 10:46 AM
Pakity for the strange creepy things and funny things he does.
Flirts with guys,says i wuvs you to girls, and is all around crazy funny.As long as he dont kiss my characters i wont smack him

Marl
12-22-2005, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Terminator X
Bumples, Kalanira and Yipsy :whistle:

Jeez the tart whore and pink lady are still around? Her evil sister still stalking her?
loved my time in RR:D

Evelith
12-22-2005, 10:58 AM
Hey now, Angela said to be nice!

Conan- Dude. Evelith's like 1.3 feet tall. Turinrond is friggin' huge, thx. He's one of those roleplayers that make me realize how cool..I'm not. And 'Chiko? We're going on the same Wave Dancer. You're going to be a part of the Ecru Crew whether you LIKE IT OR NOT! RARARRRR!

I'm really happy to see all these people posted that I've not had the pleasure to interact within the game! Maybe one day, Eve'll leave IceMule and bump into them! It's definitely a constant pull for the game to know there's still neato people around to 'discover'. Oh, and I forgot Briah. :( Briah is the best ever, even if I do totally treat her like Anne of Green Gables. And Godefroy, too. <3 <3

-Sarah

Fallen
12-22-2005, 11:03 AM
Ah, the much mentioned Triple post.

Czeska
12-22-2005, 11:05 AM
Most of my favorite RP times have been one on one conversations, or just a couple people. Whether it's serious and dramatic, hilariously funny, or angry and violent...And yes, I tend to stick with the same folks nowadays, because I got tired of the bullshit. I RP with people I trust.

As far as something Evarin said (not hunting for a quote), I've had better RP lately in Illistim than anywhere else. Course.. I was hunting Illoke and the new Bowels, so yeah. Landing RP has been feeble.

That said, the people who I RP with consistently know how I adore them, and wouldn't trade the time for anything.

Fallen
12-22-2005, 11:07 AM
As far as something Evarin said (not hunting for a quote), I've had better RP lately in Illistim than anywhere else. Course.. I was hunting Illoke and the new Bowels, so yeah. Landing RP has been feeble. >>

A Community has to be weighed by its negatives as well as its positives. When one avoids the Dais, Ta"illistim is a fine town.

Evelith
12-22-2005, 11:08 AM
Ah, the much mentioned Triple post.

Wut. I just wanted to get my point across.

Fixed. :P

Czeska
12-22-2005, 11:10 AM
As far as something Evarin said (not hunting for a quote), I've had better RP lately in Illistim than anywhere else. Course.. I was hunting Illoke and the new Bowels, so yeah. Landing RP has been feeble. >>

A Community has to be weighed by its negatives as well as its positives. When one avoids the Dais, Ta"illistim is a fine town.

Dais has been fine in the mornings. In the evenings, it's just eye-bleeding crap.

Augie
12-22-2005, 11:15 AM
Yay fun thread. Let's see who do I like ta roleplay with....

Lunatick is a blast cause we always goof off and have fun together and he roleplays his namesake quite well.

Boomsplat my favorite big cookie monger.

Washee - he does the big brother role quite well. Plus he always comes off as this massive hulk of a warrior who is quiet, but when he speaks you should listen

Jolena, Stunseed, Jaysehn, Michiko - what fun did we have on the Wavedancer yay! I swear it's all because of those sisters that Augie's getting converted to wearing dresses!

Satira - my wonderful daughter :heart: her. And her crazy counterpart Toy.

Charna is fabulous to be around. I am always awed at the things she does when she tells her fortunes.

Evelith and Kasia - Those two are such a hoot. I love how they interact with each other and keep me laughing.

Rhandi and Zult - Ditto. I love those two and they are so cute together! Yay rogues!

Nilandia always amazes me with the amount of knowledge she has in game and how she presents herself. :grin:

Ummmm lemme see - Bisco, my favoritest baker in the whole world! He always cracks me up and I have a blast when we're together.

Yipsy, Leash, Grandsome, Porcell - those guys are some of my favorite sticky fingered people.

Glimmin - My favorite little grumpy halfling. I think I'm one of the few people who can hug him and get away with it heh.

Fremie - that crazy swashbuckler never fails to put me in a good mood. His constable dodging antics are quite fun.

Gah I know I'm forgetting people - my brain is fried from all the coffee I've drank this morning trying to stay awake at work :lol:

Hulkein
12-22-2005, 12:10 PM

C'mon chief, you're reaching horribly.

There is a difference between using a word that probably had a Medieval equivalent and saying an entire verse from a popular song.

TheEschaton
12-22-2005, 12:38 PM

Tell me about it. ;)

Tijay and Edaarin don't like to talk about it, but they know I'm the best RPer to come from the hovel crowd. Not saying much by any stretch of the imagination.

By the way, I dislike the notion that good RP can only be found in certain places. I've been to the Landing in the past week with two different characters, and found RP. You just gotta work at it.

And like I always say, the more you have to work at something, the better it is in the end. Having RP in TSC just made my day, especially when someone OOC whispered to me, "Holy crap, man, it's like you showed up and suddenly TSC was an RP Haven."

-TheE-

[Edited on 12-22-2005 by TheEschaton]

Drew2
12-22-2005, 12:48 PM
2-3 years ago, I'd have been listed in this thread.

Sad. But not really. It just means I don't need to lose myself in a game to deal with my shit anymore.

Fallen
12-22-2005, 05:15 PM
By the way, I dislike the notion that good RP can only be found in certain places. I've been to the Landing in the past week with two different characters, and found RP. You just gotta work at it.

And like I always say, the more you have to work at something, the better it is in the end. Having RP in TSC just made my day, especially when someone OOC whispered to me, "Holy crap, man, it's like you showed up and suddenly TSC was an RP Haven." >>

True enough, though as I had said earlier, wading through all of the OOC shit tends to really crush any roleplaying spirit one might have had. Wehnimer's Landing is home to the great majority of the CHE, so obviously there is a metric ton of roleplay going on in and around the town.

I just don't care for the town. There are far better places on Elanith.

Alcoholic
12-22-2005, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Evelith
Conan- Dude. Evelith's like 1.3 feet tall. Turinrond is friggin' huge, thx. He's one of those roleplayers that make me realize how cool..I'm not.

-Sarah

That's hilarious. :lol:

Short list? Sure, why not. In much agreement with aforementioned names, as it turns out. With some added cherries for garnish.

Charna
Ceyrin
Lysistrata
Evelith
Shannivar
Atoyoz
Tierus
Valicar
Stalgart
Yipsy
Dhask
Venrath
Ondreian
Naessi
Hakonne

Well, hell that's just the past couple of weeks. I don't have time to hunt anymore.

There's no shortage of good RP in GemStone anymore. Just a matter of opening your mind to the experience, and making yourself available..

... and drinking a bottle of Bacardi before you play, of course. Well, at least a six pack of your favorite malt liquor. (Or, just relaxing and playing the game. RP can be fun.)

Have a nice day.

Satira
12-22-2005, 10:40 PM
Oh my god. How could I forget?

Stay. The secret desire of my poor Satira's heart. :heart:

ELO
12-22-2005, 10:55 PM
I haven't seen one name yet that I disagree with.

Except for Dessedemona, though, I'm thinking (hoping) those were sarcastic.

The people I've always enjoyed playing with are:
Yipsy, Leash, Dhask, Porcell, Celeri, Alfue, Candor (seriously), **MAELKYTH**, Karly, Aubery, Balinworn, Wulfhen, Laleena (gone?), Evarin (though, he makes me want to cry), Lyonis, and Rlen.

There are several that don't play anymore that I wish they'd come back. Falgrin, Rennoc, Daig, Keleborrn, and Vermenh, to name a few.

ELO
12-22-2005, 10:56 PM
I have to admit, though, I've always enjoyed my RP with Dessedemona.

However, my RP with Dessedemona is stuffing her head down her throat as soon as she breaks the Warn Interaction she brags to everyone about.

Nilandia
12-23-2005, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by ELO
Candor (seriously)

Actually, I'm going to agree with you. I stumbled upon Candor when he was dead in Solhaven once. Nilandia didn't know who she was dealing with and her impulse to help those who need it took over. She ended up fighting off people trying to drag him off while invisible, just trying to get him to the cleric.

Candor was actually quite polite and even warned Nilandia that she'd be in for trouble from other people if she helped. After he was raised, he thanked her for the help and said he was returning to the Landing.

Nilandia enjoys ragging on him when he does his "ALL HAIL CANDOR!" bit, but she knows that he's more than just an idiot asking to be killed.

Gretchen

Evelith
12-23-2005, 12:53 PM
I honestly miss Candor in IceMule. He had the most clever ways of introducing himself on the amunet that made me giggle endlessly more times than once.

Oh. <3 Nilandia.

You know, as I think about it more, there are way too many amazing characters that I take for granted. (Like Nilandia! And..and Tierus!) They're just always stunning. I feel horrible that it seems an after-thought to give a shout out their way, because it is not indicative of my true feelings.

-Sarah

Brattt8525
12-23-2005, 01:02 PM
Scheree amd her goatherding husband Clintmire always make me laugh.

Balinworn Karly and Aubry are a classic trio when they are together.

Admittedly I prefer the everyday humor RP then the serious dark evil knows everything about the history of the period types. That being said I do appreciate them I just prefer to be around fun loving types that make people laugh.

[Edited on 12-23-2005 by Brattt8525]

Kembal
12-23-2005, 02:00 PM
Balinworn, Karly, and Aubery are a hoot. :) The few times I've been able to interact with them have been a blast.

I've interacted a bit with some of the names mentioned previously, but I thought I'd add a name of an extremely good RPer who's mainly in Ta'Vaalor: Caitachal. I hope some of you have had the chance to interact with her...I know she was out in Solhaven for a bit.

Fallen
12-23-2005, 02:22 PM
Balinworn, Karly, and Aubery are a hoot. >>

Three of the most consistently played characters I have ever met. I am sorry to say I only see them every now and then, and that our RP doesn't bring us cause to interract.

Kainen
12-23-2005, 03:10 PM
I have a great time roleplaying with Akari, Zenaxa, Gigantuous, Xandalf, Eoghain, Shimmerain, Evarin, Himmy, Jolena and others who I had forgotten or dont play anymore. I especially get a kick out of rping with Tower Dhe'nar (even when they scold Senja). Xandalf is a favorite because Senja likes to push him sometimes to see how far she can go. Gig is just fun. Zen and I have fun trying to bridge the gaps at times for her to understand Senja's thinking. Jolena has given me some more serious opportunities to RP when certain events were going down instead of just ignoring me. Eoghain sorta feels like Senja's younger brother that she never had. I try hard to keep Senja in char, she isnt your typical Dhe'nar and it's not always easy.
(PS. God I miss RPing with the original Dson. The person who has him now just isnt the same.)

JoeMetal
12-23-2005, 07:15 PM
PIGGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Ponzzz
12-23-2005, 07:44 PM
Wow, Dhask's getting mentions all around! Thanks guys! Glad you enjoy me!

Lorrayne
12-23-2005, 08:04 PM
3 Great RP'ers immediately come to mind:

Boomsplat - love his roleplay - probably the best ever

Missoni - actually must take the time to study up on the verbs and use them within context

Riixa - matches her outfit with her roleplay & weaves it all together

Raeyanii
12-23-2005, 08:10 PM
I'd have to agree that Missoni is one of the few out there that really RPs well and knows what she's doing.

DeV
12-23-2005, 08:29 PM
^ True. I've never seen her break rp for any reason.

Marl
12-23-2005, 09:59 PM
If anyone wants to see a good time when Balinworm is around.....hand him a scarab hehe funny shit :lol2:

Nilandia
12-24-2005, 12:03 AM
Especially when there's some sort of higher ground around, like a bench, barrel or chair. Watching him scream and jump on it is just priceless.

:lol:

I love to tease him about it every now and then just to see his reaction.

Gretchen

Drew
12-24-2005, 03:16 AM
Ok, I know I'll forget people so, with that out of the way.

In no paticular order: Kyirin, Mitheirien, Gaerit, Evelith, Stunseed and Jolena, Perigourd, Stay, Chica, Mekthros, Omah, Thedwar, Holfred, Qistra, Nephtyris.

There's so many more that I'd like to mention but just haven't had enough experience with. With my own character I hate to make bold declarations of who he is (although I sometimes do anyhow) because I find it tacky. That said I often can't pick up on the subtleties of other characters without a lot of time (Nephtyris, for instance, has taken years to puzzle out) but often with people like Kasia or other Northern Fury members or any number of people who are named on this list I can't get a really good feel for them with the amount of time I get to spend with them.

Sean of the Thread
12-24-2005, 04:05 AM
Eider, Rheisa, Alfue (in a non gay way), Glimmin, Elfstan, Teeoncy at the Inn.

Sarvia
12-26-2005, 10:59 PM
Vries <always and forever Sarvia's favorite> Alesse, Karibeth, Jaysehn, and as observed from the shadow's, Turinrond, Lyrienne despite our past differences has always been a excellent roleplayer. Fremie who though odd is very good at his oddness.

Sarvia
12-26-2005, 11:02 PM
Oh gods I forgot Narsyl! Ugh the best slipped my mind but yeah Narsyl who is without a doubt one of the most intriguing persona's I've ever met.

Daniel
12-27-2005, 03:46 AM
Haha Elfstna is the man. We go way back.

Aaysia
12-27-2005, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Raeyanii
I'd have to agree that Missoni is one of the few out there that really RPs well and knows what she's doing.

Ah yes Missoni is awesome

and so is Rae :smilegrin:

Vixen
12-27-2005, 12:08 PM
Some of my older funny roleplaying memories all revolve around people trying to give Tayre socks.

Hips
12-27-2005, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Vixen
Some of my older funny roleplaying memories all revolve around people trying to give Tayre socks.

I found the nastiest, grossest socks I could and put them in a giftbox and then gave them to Tayre... he was all happy and bouncing and excited to open it. And then he screamed and chased Michiko all around the Landing. :lol:

Good times.

Jolena
12-27-2005, 01:18 PM
:spaz: That did make me laugh pretty hard. I never figured out why he hates socks so much though..he just kept saying they were evil. :chuckle:

Those and teh bells on his shoes were sources of major amusement.

Artha
12-27-2005, 02:11 PM
I remember getting Tayre matching socks for his hat, putting them both in a gift box, and then getting killed :'(

Vixen
12-27-2005, 06:15 PM
I love those shoes! Kasia got them for him. Jingle and Jangle.... such good times.

petroglyph
01-03-2006, 09:41 PM
Trying to stick with names I haven't seen here so far. . .Aenir, Gaerit, Geezzer, Elendr, Antinymous, Eairus, Railien, Rekarth. . .

Jolena
01-03-2006, 09:46 PM
I mentioned Gaerit :p He's awesome. :heart:

petroglyph
01-03-2006, 09:49 PM
Well, awesome enough to deserve double mentions, then!

I've only had the pleasure of interacting with him once, but he scared the hell out of my little bard (and I don't even think he was trying to).

DCSL
01-03-2006, 10:05 PM
I love Railien. I loved him when I played my human rogue and I love him with my elven bard, who got to see an extremely different side of him than the rogue. EXTREMELY. He's just great.

Drew2
01-03-2006, 10:21 PM
My current RP ability can be displayed clearly in Drew's (not me) sig.

FinallyDomesticated
01-04-2006, 02:39 AM
Rheisa - with a single word she can completely intimidate me. She brings out this feeling of 'Oh shit, Rheisa's here. Act right.' Very few characters can elicite such without even trying.

Evarin - I hated him when I first noticed him. I thought he was just a pompous ass. But after watching him a bit more, interacting some - I came to see him as well played character.

Eoghain - I love his elite Dark Elven ways, but I love that he has a softer side and is willing to educate others about his heritage/language/etc.

Kinshack - I first met him when a warrior of mine came across a door and she had just learned to bash. She bashed and bashed until he opened the door and knowing full well what she was doing - proceeded to question her and her denying she ever touched the door. Its still amusing to think about. He just exudes this great brave knightness.

And he's been gone or in hiding for a long while, but I used to love Elminster. Or was it Elminstir? I will never forget when we discovered cave gnomes in Icemule.

Those are just the three that first come to mind. I think most I have dealt with have inspired me in terms of role play - either because they are great to play off of, they are so good it makes me better myself, or because they were so horrible that I felt it was important to go a step farther in hopes of inspiring them.

FinallyDomesticated
01-04-2006, 02:51 AM

First, let me say I completely understand this line of thinking. I pay to be here to enjoy myself, I don't enjoy that so I'm staying away from it.

However, I often find myself wondering - would it not be advantageous to spend time in such places? I mean, if you walk in by yourself and try to role play - yeah, might as well give that up. However, if you and another roleplaying friend or two go in and role play in front of these people - do you not feel it would on some level inspire at least a few of them? There are alot of people I know who are wonderful rpers if in a setting of close friends. I see these same people sitting on the dais or in the park without a drop of personality to them. They have the attitude of, what's the point in this setting? I think if more people did role play in these places, it might catch on. A few more "Gems" might be discovered there in that rough.

Just a thought to ponder, though.

Drew
01-04-2006, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by petroglyph
Well, awesome enough to deserve double mentions, then!

Actually I mentioned him too, heh, triple mention.

Originally posted by FinallyDomesticated

And he's been gone or in hiding for a long while, but I used to love Elminster. Or was it Elminstir?

Searching through the lands for your friends...

1. Elminstir was not found in Elanthia. (Friendly)

Elminstir is probably my second oldest friend after Naina.

[Edited on 1-4-2006 by Drew]

Amaron
01-04-2006, 09:31 AM
ok after thinking and looking about I am updating my list a bit.

:heart: Tolwynn: ever the Ivasian. it took us some time but I think we finally found a balance to marriage and his Ivasian ways.

Siwas and Alisaire... Katee could just kill Alisaire ( ok wait she already has!)

Mekthros: he intimidates and facinates my rogue all at the same time.... and he refused to dance with her!!! sniff

Lysistrata: gads she intimidates but my bardess doesn't really know any better and cannot wait for some fan lessons.

THE ECRU CREW!!! we rule... grin

Rinika and Charna both make my head spin.... I will never forget the eve they explained where babies come from...

Valicar: all interactions with him are great.

I recently had some great interactions in Vaalor with other elves... my snooty elf was on a roll the other night and names... Will have to check them when I get home.

Dreen: She is missed and we had some great times...

Ahmuseng: She is like the sunny patch girl of GS. Always bright and cheery and a total gem...

Akysha: wonderful interactions at House Aspis with her. She is such a great member and always IC and great to be around.

The EE has been so inviting and great. :heart: Jolena and all the folks there.

Femereff: She has become a great friend in game and I value her as Officer in Cairnfang Manor.

Kilthal: I do not ever think I have seen a fella dodging ladies as well as he does.

I am sure there are more...

J/Katee and Landrai

Jolena
01-04-2006, 09:44 AM
Awww, thanks sweetie! I adore interacting with all of your characters that I have the priviledge of doing so with.

And on another note, I can not BELIEVE you have the Jolena's hooha quote as your sig. :rant:

Teehee.

Amaron
01-04-2006, 12:45 PM
Awww, thanks sweetie! I adore interacting with all of your characters that I have the priviledge of doing so with.

And on another note, I can not BELIEVE you have the Jolena's hooha quote as your sig. :rant:

Teehee.

There I even updated it... looks better now.

J

Olanan
01-14-2006, 02:17 AM
I cant believe I'm the only one who's enjoyed Vaedalis! She's awesome,though scares the shit out of Vant sometimes. Let's see....
Porcell
Leash
Apoc (my Mr.Moneybags :D)
Grandsome
Yipsy
Kernn
Ainsley
I'm probably forgetting some people.

Mesaphe
02-05-2006, 12:47 PM
-Vant (though he may be annoying, his RP has really grown from the time I first met him)
-Meushai (Kicks butt. Period.)
-Lalasa (Haven't seen much of her, but what I have seen impresses me greatly)
-Zaaf (Too bad I don't get to interact with her much anymore)
-Kernn (almost makes me want to go back to Mule. ... almost)

That's the list I have of people who really impress me by the thought that I know they've put into their characters. Some of the other people that are hella fun to interact with (though maybe not quite as deep) are:

Pakity
Takity
Lamie
Psighs
Kendred
Lamie's latest boyfriend. Haha.

And a bunch more I've undoubtedly left out.

SpunGirl
02-05-2006, 02:04 PM
I haven't had a chance to add to this thread yet. People who were absolutely VITAL in the development of Naessi as a character:

Lorinda the Ho
Adredrin (as Adredrin, or just one of his alts sent to drive Naessi crazy).
Malikary (surrogate father, since been disowned by Naessi)
Nystiral, the first person to introduce Naessi to Eorgina
Berkana, Naessi's mentor as far as Eorgina-ness goes
Merjinia, the other half of Naessi's coin
Eugenides, who she both hates and loves more than anyone
Marclar, for too many reasons to list
Valiria, for accepting Naessi when she probably shouldn't

All these people have stellar RP that has enhanced my own experiences. Other people that come to mind are Evelith, Atoyoz, Vonka, Briah, Dieandra, Dainslef, Khirdahn, Kaege, Evarin... etc. Naessi doesn't have a ton of interaction, she can be kind of reclusive.

-K

Firefly
02-27-2006, 05:53 AM
Thanks to Jolena and Stunseed for consistent and deep roleplay in a variety of situations. They always seem willing to RP anything, from the most mundane details to very involved plotlines. Having them has taken what I thought was a pretty detailed history for Inaara and breathed life into it. Inaara has changed in ways I could never have imagined originally, and that's just a blast, even when some of it has left me tearing up at the monitor.

Kudos.

Jolena
02-27-2006, 01:28 PM
Honestly, the compliment should run two-fold. Inaara has brought new and dynamic situations in almost every aspect of her RP with Jolena and Stunseed and I for one, appreciate that in someone. It's not the most common thing to find and I genuinely love how others can help shape your character subtly or even in the most obvious of ways through your interactions with them. Thank you as well, for all the amazing little moments as well as the fantastic larger ones.

Stunseed
02-27-2006, 01:46 PM
Honestly, the compliment should run two-fold. Inaara has brought new and dynamic situations in almost every aspect of her RP with Jolena and Stunseed and I for one, appreciate that in someone. It's not the most common thing to find and I genuinely love how others can help shape your character subtly or even in the most obvious of ways through your interactions with them. Thank you as well, for all the amazing little moments as well as the fantastic larger ones.

Seconded. Inaara is played to perfection, and the twists and turns from it all never cease to amaze me. Kudos and huzzah!

Also, please clarify you didn't post this in defeat of the arguement the other night. Inquiring minds want to know. :)

Firefly
02-28-2006, 01:29 AM
Also, please clarify you didn't post this in defeat of the arguement the other night. Inquiring minds want to know. :)

You so deserve being pinched. But, to pacify you, I will admit defeat since I'm not willing to pursue the argument any longer. ::smile::

Hips
02-28-2006, 01:41 AM
You so deserve being pinched. But, to pacify you, I will admit defeat since I'm not willing to pursue the argument any longer. ::smile::

Stunseed ALWAYS deserves to be pinched.
ESPECIALLY when he makes comments about Michiko not being able to find pants. *mutters*

Divinity
02-28-2006, 02:41 AM
I know I don't play anymore, but I'm getting all nostalgiac.

Evarin, Merji, Axhinde, Czeska and Cylla, Celeerial, Jolena, Stunseed, Eoghain, Mekthros, Shimmerain, Chica, Tayre, Bisco, (I know I'm going to be slammed for this) Edine, Tharken, Nevik, Dainslef, Silversi, Mulelip, Endasa, Sitiara.

There are a BUNCH of people I'm missing, but I haven't played in a long time and I don't remember all the names. Honestly, with any of my characters in the different interactions with those mentioned above, it was what made the game fun.

Stunseed
02-28-2006, 05:39 AM
< Stunseed ALWAYS deserves to be pinched.
ESPECIALLY when he makes comments about Michiko not being able to find pants. *mutters* >

From our conversation last evening, I can only reply with the following.

Hiptomus Prime exclaims, "Roll Out!"

Also, I win for once. I feel fuzzy....at 5:35 in the morning.

Asha
02-28-2006, 08:10 AM
Aurawyn ~ For her mystery and the way she creeped up on me when I was alone
Cashia ~ The kindest and most patient person I've met in game. She roleplayed so well when I would have snapped and walked away.
Cylla ~ She's utter rage and intolerance in female form and sadly that's coupled with grace, intelligence and beauty!
Chica ~ Her hatred of the Dhe'nar was awesome. And we have to admit. . there's only one 'happy bouncy hobbit puffy'.
Linsha ~ Utterly insane and my characters fashion inspiration. She's the best dressed I've seen in game, ever.
Morelean ~ Back when he was just turned great lord, he was a strong and graceful warrior.
Evarin ~ Horrible, horrible character. Excellently, excellently played.
Senja ~ Like my character in SO many ways it's frightening. Also the only player I've seen to stick with the partner she originally chose from the beginning. Well played Dhe'nar
Thoranios ~ The friendship that formed between a dwarf and a delf was slow but infinately rewarding. He's a total grouch bastard but damn funny.
Crylone ~ He's come a long way since I first met him. I used to think he was a locker character but now I think the player's sorted him out. Now he's a hillarious alcoholic. Played well and a pleasure to hang out with suddenly.
The whole Solhaven crew ~ Can't bring myself to admit their names and what they do ect ect. But they should be recognised for effort.
Rheisia ~ In my eyes she's the only professional, dedicated sorcerer I've met. Her knowledge and skill of sorcery is awesome and I admire that immensely.
Eoghain ~ After he explained himself to my character I realised he wasn't confused but probably the most knowledgable Dhe'nar. His evangelist approach is unique and great to watch.

Fallen
02-28-2006, 08:41 AM
I know I don't play anymore, but I'm getting all nostalgiac. >>

Well..Get your ass back in game.

Asha
02-28-2006, 08:44 AM
Yeah get in game.
Sorted.

Shari
02-28-2006, 10:45 AM
Trust me, Stunseed CAN be bested.

Works best by poisoning the sandwich he orders you to make him.

Stunseed
02-28-2006, 11:22 AM
A little poison won't hurt Stun. The fact your character made a sammich for him, however, is priceless. The fact Stun bested you in that battle of wits helps, too.

I had forgotten until you reminded me. I'm on a roll now.

Jolena
02-28-2006, 11:22 AM
Oh yes, yes he can. But, it's fun to watch him tease Hips about well..her hips. :D

Amaron
02-28-2006, 11:33 AM
I have had some of the best RP lately...

A little drunk dwarf named Akysha. Her and her hubby Rastavan are wonderful to be about.

J

Hips
02-28-2006, 11:46 AM
Oh yes, yes he can. But, it's fun to watch him tease Hips about well..her hips. :D

Forget all you people! At least the person who counts enjoys them!
*stomps off, muttering*

Jolena
02-28-2006, 11:50 AM
Hey can Michiko do the hips sashay for us? :snicker: I so love it when she does that.

Nilandia
02-28-2006, 11:56 AM
Just ran into this guy a few days ago, but I wanted to mention him for other people to keep an eye out for.

Rikien, with a fantastic spin on being a half-elf/half-human. He absolutely swears he's fully human and gets really spiky when people call him a half-elf/half-human. Great way to keep people on their toes instead of relying on mechanics, and in Ta'Vaalor, no less! My Nalfein went at it with him, but in OOC private thoughts, we exchanged tips on how to bring out the racism and strengthen the RP.

That reminds me. I will fully admit that RP in Ta'Vaalor needs a lot of help, but I've been doing my bit to stir it up. My girl has been making comments on the amunet to get people to react to racism or other elements of RP, and other people have been responding and reacting quite well. There is hope!

Gretchen

Shari
02-28-2006, 01:12 PM
You didn't beat me in the battle of wits, it went to a standstill when you starting wailing about how I poisoned the sandwich I gave you.

Jolena
02-28-2006, 02:03 PM
:popcorn:

Stunseed
02-28-2006, 02:22 PM
From said log. Edited only because we were at the north gate.

You say, "You just enjoy knowing that I, as a man, can carry such a large amount."
You say, "It shows power."
Jesae says, "You've found me out."
You say, "Strength is an attractive thing, when one claims so fragile."
Jesae says, "But, power comes in many, many forms."
Jesae smiles wickedly.
Jesae says, "Please. I don't need to be a grunthorse in order to display power."
You say, "The mind can be distracted. The body is primal."
You say, "It will act on free will."
You say, "Indeed, in the end..."
You cock your head at Jesae.
You say, "We are all just primal."
Jesae says, "True."
You say, "And in a world of primals...Strength is awed."
Jesae gazes up into the heavens.
Speaking to Jesae, you say, "Women will seek out the powerful male. Always."
Jesae asks, "Where were you headed?"
You say, "Back to my wife, towards the center of town."
Jesae says, "Mind if I join you? I'd like to see her."
You say, "If you can keep your attention off my body."
You nod to Jesae.
Jesae says, "If you have previous...engagements with her, do so be blunt and honest and tell me to go away."
You say, "Nae, I perfer to play the battle of wits."
You say, "You keep me sharp, and it is fun to watch you concede to my point."
Jesae says, "Lead on."

I do not have the part with the sammich, I fear. However, it looks like again, I win.

Amaron
02-28-2006, 02:24 PM
Oh..
In Vaalor there is a rogue names Clagg... damn his like the used car salesman of elanthia.

He was trying to sell a tarnished coin as a valuable antique and he was selling the Victory bridge....

Ask him for something and he can sell you a slightly used one at a very good prices... or so he says..

All RP with him is awesome.

J

Firefly
02-28-2006, 04:57 PM

Oh, by the way, when I gave up the argument that means I'm basically agreeing with your original premise that it meant you were whipped and giving up your man card.

Argument Judo

Shari
02-28-2006, 05:33 PM
Gee...now isn't *that* convenient. You don't HAVE the log of me poisoning your ass, just the very START of the entire match.

Nilandia
02-28-2006, 10:09 PM
Oh..
In Vaalor there is a rogue names Clagg... damn his like the used car salesman of elanthia.

He was trying to sell a tarnished coin as a valuable antique and he was selling the Victory bridge....

Ask him for something and he can sell you a slightly used one at a very good prices... or so he says..

All RP with him is awesome.

J
Yes! I got to run into Clagg a few times, and it's been a TON of fun!

Gretchen

Amaron
03-01-2006, 09:47 AM
Yes! I got to run into Clagg a few times, and it's been a TON of fun!

Gretchen

Landrai is now the proud owner of the Victory and Amarath bridges...

umm yeah according to Clagg.. grin

J

Stunseed
03-01-2006, 10:48 AM
< Gee...now isn't *that* convenient. You don't HAVE the log of me poisoning your ass, just the very START of the entire match. >

Unless you have proof of said poisoning, we're just going to have to assume you fetched Stun's sammich on your own. :)

< Oh, by the way, when I gave up the argument that means I'm basically agreeing with your original premise that it meant you were whipped and giving up your man card. >

Touche`. :(

Drew
03-01-2006, 03:05 PM
I don't know what happened here but it looks like Stunseed got pwned, so in that case, great jorb!

Necromancer
03-12-2006, 12:13 PM
Hrm, people whose RP I appreciate and respect. Quick list.

Eoghain: Haven't had many interactions with him, but I have definitely watched his character carefully, and I like what I see.

Rheisia: We bitch at each other on the boards, but the character is incredibly well done.

Venrath: Most people aren't aware of this character, but she is played with depth and consistency that is rare. Truly one of Gemstone's underappreciated gems.

Barumples: I mean, how can you not appreciate this one?

Lunaryna: Also largely overlooked I think. One of those consistent characters who manages to communicate a great and complex story without giving away a single detail. Masterfully done.

Swilling: For being the most obvious MAer, having no clue as to how to run any of their characters along with no common sense whatsoever. Highlights include casting 318 without 308 first and replying to comments made to their sorcerer, in guild speak no less, with their cleric instead of being bothered to reply with their sorcerer. Oh wait, this was supposed to be a compliment thread, wasn't it? Drat.

Asha
03-12-2006, 12:20 PM
Venrath is awesome.
I'm glad someone who doesn't 'advertise' their RP backround or story has recognition.
I owe her for all the time she's taken to get me through guild work. She's such an excellent character that we both earned RPAs simply practicing in the guild foyer. Yep she's quite inspiring.

Czeska
03-12-2006, 12:31 PM
Everytime Lunaryna and I are together it ends up more snickering than anything else.

Lunaryna says, "You do know I'm Luukosian?"
You say, "What's your point?"
Lunaryna says something completely non-luukosian and we end up laughing in ooc whispers.

I do like her, but I swear we can't get "deep" in any conversation, it always ends up like that.

Venrath I have interacted with I think three times, and it was always consistent.

Praefection
03-12-2006, 12:35 PM
Venrath is amazingly creepy. She's great.

Asha
03-12-2006, 12:43 PM
Linshas a sweet happy empath puffy!

Praefection
03-12-2006, 12:49 PM
Sssshhh! Don't tell anyone.

Serpent's Daughter
03-12-2006, 01:06 PM
People actually pay attention to me? Holy.. Maybe I shouldn't underestimate Luna so much then..

Back
03-12-2006, 01:33 PM
I've read some comments here and in other topics about Vaalor being a terrible place. I've been playing in Vaalor exclusively over the past three months and I've met some really good roleplayers.

People have varying degrees of actually understanding roleplay and the difference between IC and OOC. Like, when you whisp ooc person and that person nods to you IC. Minor detail I guess, but still, strictly speaking not great.

Clagg was mentioned. Always consistent.

Another one is Lasan. Haven't interacted with him all that much but he gets the roleplay concept and is always in character.

Kembal is another one. Again, I haven't had much opportunity to observe him or interact with him, but he is always IC.

The Vaalor Cerimonial Guard are terrific. They put on a banner changing ceremony once a month that is well coordinated between 2 or more players using detailed acts.

Prudence shows up once in a while and is strictly RP driven. Very strict in personality as well.

Treeva and Doppleganger of the Hawks are very commited RPers. All of the Hawks are. Ravens as well for the most part though I do not know many of them that well.

Kethara is always IC. Susaniah an Aetolai healer is very much IC. Smynok and his brothers are good half-krolvins. Sarkkhan, Schatze, Zafein, Estrejlla and many others I have seen are all always playing their roles.

Depth of RP is another factor. The people above are true to the history and environment of GS. Some people aren't so much. They may never go OOC or OOG, but their characters don't really act like the race or profession they have chosen. I'm guessing this is the biggest issue and for me one of the difficulties of RPing in Vaalor.

Vaalor is a great environment for RP. For real hard core RP. If you are an elf or not there is great opportunity. The messaging is great and done by the players in a contest the town GM held. In fact, the town GM has held quite a few player interactive contests with rewards to help flesh out the town, which is really a great idea and has had very rewarding results, in my opinion. There is a contest going now if you check the Ta'Vaalor thread on the officials. Another thing to note about this GM and his dedication to Vaalor and an RP environment... there is an elven only section Helgreth's Tavern.

As for abrupt OOCness, its pretty rare. Most of the time its a newb asking a training question and you can let that slide. Not many spoken LOLs or anything like that.

Anyone who RPs in Vaalor who I have not named please don't be offended. I've taken the ferry to Illistim with some great rpers, spoken with people just passing through, and had brief encounters here and there that have made my time in Vaalor a pleasurable gaming experience.

Miss X
03-12-2006, 02:32 PM
I still havent met you IG dude! :(

Warriorbird
03-12-2006, 02:59 PM
Vaalor's the future of the game until the foolish newbie drop policy is changed. What you do there is worth more to the game continuing than anywhere else.

Czeska
03-12-2006, 03:04 PM
Most of my RP time nowadays is spent with maybe 3 people. Partly due to my schedule or theirs, partly due to my rapidly decreasing energy reserves. With others it's usually a matter of maintaining my character's general personality and typical stand-offishness. So anyone I've spent any one on one time with at all lately, should know how highly I value that time.

Gigantuous
03-13-2006, 03:11 AM
People actually pay attention to me? Holy.. Maybe I shouldn't underestimate Luna so much then..

No they don't. =P

Kembal
03-13-2006, 08:20 PM
Wow...thanks Backlash. :) (Treeva says thanks too!)

Ta'Vaalor has gotten much better as of late...the newbie drop policy has definitely changed (or GS is no longer getting any trial accounts, but I doubt that one), because there is definitely not a flood of newbies assaulting the town anymore, which allows the town to absorb the ones it does get without getting fustrated. Combined with the upswing in elven racism (which I love, even though it stings Kembal from time to time), I think Ta'Vaalor has made a major leap from where it was 6 months ago.

Now, are all elves there played as serious racists? No, but I don't think we should expect that either. (Of my two elves, one is pretty racist (and is cranky to boot), and the other isn't nearly as much.) But a good mix of that makes the town pretty interesting, and I'm enjoying it. :)

Nauriel
03-13-2006, 08:37 PM

Lies, lies I tell you! ;) wait...who was Luna again? j/k No I agree, I rather a lot of fun interacting with Luna with my Rogue. Nauriel seems to find some sort of twisted understanding in her, which may or may not be healthy. Such a bad infuence I say!

Serpent's Daughter
03-19-2006, 08:58 PM
Yes yes.. Lies! I'm hallucinating and I think I should go crawl back in my hole.. But anyway.. Illistim has a lot of impressive RPers. Among my favorites have to be Nauriel, Querthose, Evarin, Debia, Altheorn, Silvendar and a few others that I know I can think of at the moment.. (mutters about memory loss) Anywho.. oh.. Naina and Giga... (how would I ever forget the Table talks..)

L

Stanley Burrell
03-30-2006, 04:10 AM
Celery and Buen are astounding, if not the best roleplayers on Teras currently, especially when compared to ~90% of the other folks who dwell there.

Aaysia
03-30-2006, 06:43 AM
Celery is neat :)

Merji
03-30-2006, 09:09 AM
Celery and Buen are astounding, if not the best roleplayers on Teras currently, especially when compared to ~90% of the other folks who dwell there.

I love Buen..The Butcher! My sylph learned a lot from him, healing wise, in Mule years ago.

Miss X
03-30-2006, 10:18 AM
Buen really does rock. He was the ultimate warpuff! <3

Czeska
03-30-2006, 10:20 AM
With fleas.

Asha
03-30-2006, 10:30 AM
I liked to think Bumples was the ultimate warpath. Never seen anotherswing a claidh. Buen is great though. He made me laugh, trudging around all the time glowering.

Jolena
03-30-2006, 04:31 PM
Buen rocks. He used to camp out in the cave on the Mountain in Mule with Stunseed and I and he'd never cease to make me chuckle with his butcher knife and odd ways of healing. Great character.

Czeska
04-04-2006, 11:37 AM
Sad that someone I've RPd with for a year and a half was sold today :(

Jolena
04-04-2006, 11:40 AM
Man, that sucks so hard when that happens. I absolutely detest seeing a character that I haven't seen in years but used to RP with constantly 'back in the day'. I say hi, start talking about old things we used to do and they give me this blank stare, then I get a whisper saying "OMG LOLLERSK8Z! I R TEH NEW OWNER! U WANT TO BE MY FRIEND?!"

:grr:

Merji
04-04-2006, 12:01 PM
I don't think some of the following people have been mentioned, there are indeed worth the effort to get to know and interact with. Most recently my Sylph has had more than several occasions to do so.

Evarin-We all know him, we either love him, or love to hate him. I could go on an on forevery about all the things that make him so great. My favorite charcter of all time truely. My enjoyment of GS and my rp has improved in ways I can't fully explain, due to this character and the coolness that is him.:dance:

Nektarius-Often times scary, all the time arrogant, occasionally very diplomatic, and rarely..when you look close enough, quite eloquent in his actions and words. I enjoy our semi-encounters.

Starshadow-Ok, I probably don't need to even list her, as most that know her, would agree she's one of a kind. The character has such a depth, and it shows in all her subtleties, and of course in her not so ..subtle ways. She inspires my character to learn more, and do more, and be more. Yay,
Starshadow!

Eoghain- I love this guy. He makes my sylph want to mother him! Such a different spin on your average Dhe'nar, but still very true to his culture. Very fun to interact with and even more fun to just sit back and watch.

Xandalf-It's hard to explain Xandalf, and why..it is I admire the character. Sure he's got his..oddities, but all the better to make him stand apart. Inspiring to watch, intriguing to speak to(I swear sometimes decoding what he says though makes me want to pull my hair out), and pleasure to rp with, or you know..against? Wonderful character!

Several others who show great rp skill, and I know I'll forget to list several..however, Jolena, Stunseed, Debia, Nauriel, Myrisa, Pridering, Shiliara(I know I spelled that wrong), and to all those I can't think of right now, I apologize, I'll be back!

Merji's Muse

Aaysia
04-04-2006, 12:28 PM
Nektarius is cool peoples.

So is Darrmoq who I forgot to mention. He's great and I love his RP. Though lately we've just been sitting around and trying to annoy the crap out of each other (he wins most times)

Shimmerain :p Aaysia likes to make him twitch/shudder/scowl.

Nauriel
04-04-2006, 05:33 PM
Shimmerain :p Aaysia likes to make him twitch/shudder/scowl.

agreed! Who doesnt like to make Shimmy twitch? Personally..I like to make him hiss, and his purring is quite amusing ;)

Mighty Nikkisaurus
04-05-2006, 06:07 PM
The members of the Vaalin Consortium have been amazing to RP.. I'm in love with playing my elf even though she can't hunt or heal (I'm doing the near-impossible task of RPing her being pregnant).

In a nutshell:

Lisera: The glue at the top of the Consortium, amazing job with everything. I love interacting via fan language with her when in public, usually I'm in stitches behind my computer at how devious Lisera and Issi can be together (all in good fun of course).

Nellasai: The first Illistimi ranger that I've met, stuck up but with a bit of a wild streak.. I can never stop laughing at how much you get hit on by dark elves, and you've definitely been a true friend to Issi.

Jexnia: Another Nalfein Lady who deserves some recognition! Very sweet and caring and all together just well roleplayed.

Clagg: I was sorry to see him leave the Consortium but I'm fascinated when I watch this character.. he's very dynamic and exactly what I imagine a non-upperclass Nalfein man being like. He loves his silvers and he's a cunning salesman, and the character is just amazingly well done.

Nouvard and Lmaren: Sort of a quiet couple but always present.. soft spoken and relaxed. Always a pleasure to talk and meet with them both, and both have very interesting and well articulated ideas!

There are others in the Consortium as well but these are the ones I've gotten to know a little better, so great job to you all!

Nilandia
04-05-2006, 10:20 PM
You're too kind, Issi.

I'll have to agree with everything she's said about Nellasai, Jexnia, Clagg, Nouvard and Lmaren. They've all been fantastic to RP with, and a great foundation to support my own RP. Without them, I would have been far more alone than I am now, and may even have given up playing Lisera.

I'll also have to add my praises for Narcissiia. She, Lisera and Jexnia have become a sort of trio of Nalfein wickedness that never end in coming up with new ways of spreading their mischief, otherwise known as planning events for the Consortium. ;)

While Jexnia is the more secretive type, however, Narcissiia is so much more a mirror to Lisera. Both Narcissiia and Jexnia make sure I stay on my toes and keep my RP sharp as a Nalfein. I don't know what I would do without them, or the rest of the Consortium.

Lisera (Gretchen)

Sean of the Thread
04-05-2006, 10:21 PM
Xyelin is the bombzor roleplayer in all of gs.

Stunseed
04-05-2006, 10:27 PM
+1

thornhappy
04-07-2006, 05:27 PM
So I'm bored at work and finally getting around to posting in this thread. As has been mentioned, there are many great RPers today. I'll try to restrain myself and only post people that are currently present in my character's lives, and that they interact with on a regular basis. It's so easy to go into tangents about folks who don't play much any longer, or not at all. Gotta remind myself this is about -today's- GS. Heh.

There are some characters we just can't live without. Even when we don't always have time to play with one another, these are those people for me.

Wariquan - The epitome of the strong silent type- Biting wit, violent and protective, he is Whistfylle's perfect match, and even though she sometimes strays, he is the one she will always come back to. His presence is where she feels at home, and it is always he that she'd choose to keep at her side. He proves to me that love can exist in Gemstone, in as many strange flavors and levels as it exists in life.

Turinrond - I can't even find the words. There is no one I would rather spend time my time in game with. Lyrie would do anything for him, as much as he angers her. So complex, and so in denial of much of it.

Mitheirien- Prudish and prim, always proper, but with a fun and unexpected wild streak. She is always a pleasure, and a prime example of everything that is sugar and spice, and everything nice.

Mithumbras- Dark and sensual, he speaks to the pieces of my wizardess that she'd probably like to remain as unaccessible as possible. He draws them out and makes her realize them. It makes her uncomfortable. Kudos.

Izya- So sweet and naive I want to strangle her. She touches Whist's heart and reminds her of youth and innocence that she'd nearly lost.

Eugenides- He makes Whistfylle second-guess her decisions and question who she is and where she's going. Amazingly vibrant, fun, and unusual.

Tallula- Even though many may not agree with the way she chooses to portray her character, she is always consistant and impresses me with her resolve. In a world where characters change from day to day, she stays the same, and is content to do so.

Venrath- A pillar of strength to Lyrie, she is a fantastic character that I can't wait to learn more about. This is the sister that my girl never had.

Charna- Stunning. Always fluidly shifting from one scenario to the next, she is one of the most -real- people I have encountered in GS.

Others (and this is by NO means all inclusive): Altheorn (despite differences between players), Jolena and Stun, Michiko, Farn, Evelith, the Dae'Randir as a whole, Lysistrata.

Annnd. This got very long. I'm going to go back to work now. :grunt:

-Whist's Mistress and Lyrienne's Turnip.

Warriorbird
04-17-2006, 03:24 PM
I signed back up.

You all can give that sigh of relief now.

;)

Nauriel
04-17-2006, 03:26 PM
I signed back up.

You all can give that sigh of relief now.

;)

dont you mean a cry of horror and disgust? :D

Warriorbird
04-17-2006, 04:38 PM
Only because you've missed me so.

Airwokker
12-01-2006, 04:21 AM
I have to disagree with this one here. As far as I can tell, he's supposed to be a pompous, racist dhe'nar elf. ::yawn:: Where haven't I seen this one before? Oh wait, but then suddenly he's off saving the isle of Teras? A dwarven island community? This makes no sense. He lives in Ta'Illistim but suddenly he's the caped crusader off to save the world...... somehow this just doesn't seem to fit. Sorry, I saw some earlier posts and it just made me shake my head. The End.

Landrion
12-01-2006, 08:53 AM
I have to disagree with this one here. As far as I can tell, he's supposed to be a pompous, racist dhe'nar elf. ::yawn:: Where haven't I seen this one before? Oh wait, but then suddenly he's off saving the isle of Teras? A dwarven island community? This makes no sense. He lives in Ta'Illistim but suddenly he's the caped crusader off to save the world...... somehow this just doesn't seem to fit. Sorry, I saw some earlier posts and it just made me shake my head. The End.

I dunno, who knows people's motivations for doing things. Maybe hed heard a rumor of an item of power he could obtain and convienently offered his "services" to "nobly defend the town".

Of course Im just guessing, I didnt talk to the guy. Just seems within the realm of possibility to me. You can make any activity self serving if you want. My Eorginian cleric preaches to the children he brings back on the rescues. Remember always, it was the power of Eorgina that saw you safely home.. Pray to her and tell your parents of the great goddess that saved your life.

Xandalf
12-01-2006, 09:35 AM

The 'pompous racist dhe'nar' that you yawned about, is actually rather rare in the current GS environment. Few really care about the culture, and even fewer actively add to it. Yet you say that Evarin, who has done more for the Dhe'nari culture than almost anyone in recent memory, is a bad RPer because he actively does so?

As for Teras, you have no idea what his motivation was for going there. Try asking him before assuming that he went to 'save the town.'

Fallen
12-01-2006, 09:37 AM
I have to disagree with this one here. As far as I can tell, he's supposed to be a pompous, racist dhe'nar elf. :: Where haven't I seen this one before? Oh wait, but then suddenly he's off saving the isle of Teras? A dwarven island community? This makes no sense. He lives in Ta'Illistim but suddenly he's the caped crusader off to save the world...... somehow this just doesn't seem to fit. Sorry, I saw some earlier posts and it just made me shake my head. The End. >>

Pity the summary of events I provided on this storyline was accidently erased. Evarin had planned a trip to Teras well before the storyline on Teras began. This can be verified by Lysistrata, Uniana, and a host of other characters that definitely wouldn't stick up for him.

He arrived JUST as things begun. At this point, the whirlpool was still open, and only the odd occurances of Combatant companies were appearing. From the start, he made it clear that he was on the isle for the specific goal of gaining information on the temple of Nelemar(sp) to repay a debt owed to Lord Veythorre in return for a fiery shard and an exchange of knowledge.

As the storyline progressed, Evarin was always working towards regaining access to the temple so that he could continue his investigations. His efforts in this regard lead him to be the target of dozens of attacks by Tritons near the whirlpool's entrance and in town. Once he found exactly who was responsible for the personal attacks and the closure of the whirlpool, he worked towards eliminating that enemy.

During the supposed "Peace talks" with the Pillar of Water and his Siren guide, Evarin instigated further conflict to ensure that there would be no lasting peace, and that the combat would escalate until the Elemental was destroyed. Regyy was there to verify this conversation.

So in the end, despite all my best efforts, someone goes and lables me a quest whore. I am sorry you weren't able to get into the story line as much as you would like. I am sorry you were too low a level to be of much use to the town in the fight. I am sorry you weren't around as key events unfolded. Are these all baseless assumptions as to why you would try to bash Evarin's involvement in the storyline? Yep. Though not moreso than any of yours.

Thanks for keeping a watchful eye on me, though. It is good to know I am being held to such a high standard by random, anonymous posters.

-Evarin and his Mis'ri

ELO
12-01-2006, 09:41 AM

The only thing that doesn't make sense is why you think being playing a racist, pompous character should exclude you from "saving the world". He still lives in that world, why shouldn't he want to help save it?

Just because you're character thinks his shit don't stink, doesn't mean he can't talk, help, or have any other interaction outside of random killings with a "lesser" character.

GS4Khistian
12-01-2006, 09:44 AM
I have to disagree with this one here. As far as I can tell, he's supposed to be a pompous, racist dhe'nar elf. ::yawn:: Where haven't I seen this one before? Oh wait, but then suddenly he's off saving the isle of Teras? A dwarven island community? This makes no sense.

Evarin cleared everything up. Just read my quote.

ElanthianSiren
12-01-2006, 01:55 PM
Thanks for keeping a watchful eye on me, though. It is good to know I am being held to such a high standard by random, anonymous posters.

-Evarin and his Mis'ri

You know, that sounds just like something Evarin might say. -Posting in character on a message board, sweetheart? Maybe you should get out more.

-M

B4Hand
12-01-2006, 02:24 PM
You know, that sounds just like something Evarin might say. -Posting in character on a message board, sweetheart? Maybe you should get out more.

-M

Naw, Evarin would have been much more pompous or something. That is definitely not Evarin.

Merji's Muse.

ElanthianSiren
12-01-2006, 02:44 PM
Naw, Evarin would have been much more pompous or something. That is definitely not Evarin.

Merji's Muse.

Because it wasn't a pompous, holier-than-thou, belittling comment at ALL to make (anonymous poster) when someone questions your RP methods? Looked pretty par for what I've seen of the ig course.

I apologize totally if I've somehow misunderstood the way your elf-sect acts toward what they perceive as inferiors. I can't really say they're a main focus or study in gs. I did find this humorous though :)

-M

Fallen
12-01-2006, 03:23 PM
Heh.

I'm detecting your sarcasm. Unless, of course, you didn't mean to come off like some random sarcastic bitch with a chip on her shoulder.

Happy thoughts towards you too.

Ilvane
12-01-2006, 03:29 PM
Hey guys, gentle nudge here to keep this on topic.(Topic being: Good Roleplayers in today's GS)

Your friendly moderator.;)

Angela

ElanthianSiren
12-01-2006, 03:35 PM
There was absolutely no sarcasm there. If I made a mistake in perceiving how you guys do business, I'm sorry. Like I said, the dark elven culture has never been a huge interest for me. Irony however, I do like.

-M

Sorry Ilvane. I'll quit it now :)

Shari
12-01-2006, 03:37 PM

Merji's Muse.

She's right, of course. Evarin would have just silenced you if he didn't like what you had to say.

*flees*

Fallen
12-01-2006, 03:40 PM
Bingo. Linsha is a good roleplayer, though a lot of the time all she wishes to do is talk shit. Always in character, though always willing to label the RP around her as boring. If she wishes to take a stance in an argument, that's fine. Her comment didn't help foster roleplay...unless she was trying to pick a fight, then there you are.

Shari
12-01-2006, 03:41 PM
Oooo, you're testy today, arn'tcha?

Fallen
12-01-2006, 03:46 PM
To ES? sure. Her pot shots came off as completely random. Evarin must have been mean to one of her Alts IG or something.

To you, I wished to make clear that while I think Linsha is a good roleplayer, disrupting a conversation by calling it boring isn't anything but trying to pick a fight. I dont mind verbal spats, but not when I am trying to talk to someone else.

----
On-topic

Most of the characters at the Fountain are well roleplayed, even those that hate Evarin's guts. I am seeing a lot of new faces. Several new Faendryl, a very mouthy Goseannian(sp) halfbreed. Liann and Tymelorde, of course. Linsha. The Nalfein crew. Nauriel and Telare, of course. M & D are a given.

It might get a bit rowdy there from time to time, though on the whole I always come off as thoroughly entertained.

ElanthianSiren
12-01-2006, 03:50 PM
To ES? sure. Her pot shots came off as completely random. Evarin must have been mean to one of her Alts IG or something.

What pot shots exactly are you talking about? I commented on your behavior in this thread on this board and compared it your character's behavior in game in the barrier. How is that random?

-M

Shari
12-01-2006, 03:51 PM
Jesae's at the fountain, too. :(

OMG BITCH WHY 4 J00 NOT INCLUDE ME!?!

ElanthianSiren
12-01-2006, 03:53 PM
Jesae's at the fountain, too. :(

OMG BITCH WHY 4 J00 NOT INCLUDE ME!?!

ROFL. All give Jesae a hug next time they run by :)

-M

Fallen
12-01-2006, 03:54 PM
Haven't seen much out of you except for whispers to Telare and the Linsha silencing comment. Stick around.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
12-01-2006, 04:27 PM
Haven't seen much out of you except for whispers to Telare and the Linsha silencing comment. Stick around.

Jesae is too busy being dragged around and kissed by Uniana. >.>

Fallen
12-01-2006, 04:55 PM
Why isn't Evarin ever present for THAT stuff?

Shari
12-01-2006, 05:49 PM
Hah. Uniana dragged Jes into a room with no one in it to do that. Or else she would NEVER attempt to pull of something like that.

And I think I would pee myself laughing if Evarin ever ran by and gave Jesae a hug.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
12-01-2006, 06:13 PM
Hah. Uniana dragged Jes into a room with no one in it to do that. Or else she would NEVER attempt to pull of something like that.

And I think I would pee myself laughing if Evarin ever ran by and gave Jesae a hug.

I would definitely have to catch my breath before sending the following REPORT:

Someone has hacked Evarin's account.

Xandalf
12-01-2006, 06:29 PM
Most of the characters at the Fountain are well roleplayed, even those that hate Evarin's guts. I am seeing a lot of new faces. Several new Faendryl, a very mouthy Goseannian(sp) halfbreed. Liann and Tymelorde, of course. Linsha. The Nalfein crew. Nauriel and Telare, of course. M & D are a given.

It might get a bit rowdy there from time to time, though on the whole I always come off as thoroughly entertained.

It is and always will be my fountain.

And you know it.

Xandalf
12-01-2006, 06:34 PM
Because it wasn't a pompous, holier-than-thou, belittling comment at ALL to make (anonymous poster) when someone questions your RP methods? Looked pretty par for what I've seen of the ig course.
-M

After the ignorant remark which was directed towards him, I think he reacted rather well.

Call him an asshole, call him a jerk, tell him you hate him, put a hex on his parents, take a dump on his front porch, kick his dog... but don't sit there and challenge the RP one of the best RPers in the game today.

Alfster
12-01-2006, 06:52 PM
Call him an asshole, call him a jerk, tell him you hate him, put a hex on his parents, take a dump on his front porch, kick his dog... but don't sit there and challenge the RP one of the best RPers in the game today.

I can't stop laughing at how nerdy taht sounds

ElanthianSiren
12-01-2006, 07:18 PM
After the ignorant remark which was directed towards him, I think he reacted rather well.

Why not? Perhaps the original poster didn't share your opinion of what is great RP. Can you quantify that statement with an SRS of 1,000 GS players to make it reliable? This is exactly what I was talking about, and we can take this to U2Us if you like. I'm sure the mod would prefer it. The approach that was taken to address the concern was decidedly one taken by the group in question/concern that Evarin, the character, is heavily vested in. When the behaviors/attitudes of the player reflect those of the character, even if it was coincidence, in a thread about great RP'ers, that's irony. Expect it to be pointed out.

If Evarin's player (whose name I don't know), wished to smooth things over, he could have U2U'd the person to see exactly wtf their problem was. He chose to answer a combative post with more combat on an open forum and deride in a manner that smacks with familiarity for anyone who has witnessed this group in confrontation (check the logs).

I'm curious though, which worse way could he have reacted in your opinion? -Get a mod here to track the IP addey, track it through the host, and go hunt them down with a runestaff until they change their minds? Need I point out that behavior taken against a person for something they said on a message board is a very ooc approach to solving a problem? That said, if the person already feels Evarin is a bad RPer, how is a worse ooc reaction going to change their mind at all? Wouldn't it have been more efficient to U2U, hear out, and discuss, rather than belittle someone over how their concern has no merit due to their post count?

-M

Fallen
12-01-2006, 07:35 PM
It sounded like the person didn't say so much as one word to Evarin, didn't look to speak with anyone about why he was there. He just trash talked. I didn't call him a sniveling little bitch. I didn't tell him he wasn't shit, and who has he to talk. I gave a detailed account of the situation. This was verified by others.

I have ALWAYS believed in standing by everything I say. Everyone knows what character I play IG, or if they dont they could find out easily. I guess me mentioning the fact that me pointing out that he didn't put his character up for display to be judged in return irked you for some reason.

I argued my point, you ...complained about something or another that had nothing to do with you, then it was over. If you are done taking offense to what I say to other people on a message board, I think we can move on. If not, keep taking cheap shots on a race you dont claim to follow, know, or care about.

Geez.

Edited to add that this is my last comment in this vein. If anyone else would like to discuss the issue further, (Please god dont) PM me.

Ilvane
12-01-2006, 07:40 PM
Guys, on topic, or make a topic about it! :P

Angela

Rathain
12-01-2006, 07:40 PM
Evarin, the character, was an arrogant SOB that my cleric liked interacting with, due to their mutual appreciation of scrolls. However, as a player and poster ... I don't view him as a sanctimonious bag of wind. A bit of an ass at times, but I've been guilty of the same.

I look foward to coming back in a month or two and continuing some RP at the fountain.

Xandalf
12-01-2006, 08:22 PM
Okay well I was trying to make a joke, but I suppose that was missed by some of you.

Nevermind, then.

Alfster
12-01-2006, 09:50 PM
oh, i laughed

HouseofElves
12-05-2006, 01:11 AM
I look foward to coming back in a month or two and continuing some RP at the fountain.

Good, but please don't bring that god-awful cloak back.

Rathain
12-05-2006, 12:22 PM
Good, but please don't bring that god-awful cloak back.

It's a robe, actually. During the period when I sold him, it's been altered into something a bit more hideous. I'm sure you'll enjoy :)

b0nk
12-09-2006, 10:01 AM
If you are in Illistim and run into this old halfling, take some time and strike up a conversation with him.You will not regret. He is very quick witted and sharp with his acts and speach. Bee a long time since somone made me laugh so hard.

Ilvane
12-09-2006, 10:44 AM
Too bad he's in Illistim. What an ass of a character, which I loved.:)

Angela

Fallen
12-09-2006, 11:20 AM
I saw him, but it was 0230 in the morning, so I just sat there like a lump instead of attempting to RP. He looked to be trying very hard.

Shalla
12-09-2006, 12:37 PM
What's his roleplay background?

Fallen
12-09-2006, 12:59 PM
Old Crotchety halfling wizard, looks like. This was at a glance, though. As I said, I didn't speak with him.

TheEschaton
12-09-2006, 01:00 PM
The only halfling I play is a perpetually angry Brughan who (obviously) hates elves.

It's fun being racist towards the most racist race in the game.

-TheE-

Fallen
12-09-2006, 01:04 PM
I would say Dark Elves are more racist than Fair Elves. Fair elves usually just border on snooty. Dwarves can be pretty racist too.

HouseofElves
12-09-2006, 01:29 PM
When I heard some of his quips on the amulet, I thought he was an NPC. Uni wouldn't strike up a convo with a halfling but <3 more RP in Illistim.

Stunseed
12-11-2006, 08:07 PM
Good thing Jamus got Psinet up.

(OOC) Bisco's player whispers, "PSINET UP."
(OOC) Bisco's player whispers, "THANK GOD."

Doughboy
12-12-2006, 01:43 PM
Good thing Jamus got Psinet up.

(OOC) Bisco's player whispers, "THANK GOD."

I hate you sir.

Rue
03-20-2007, 01:59 PM
I have to really take a step back and thank a few people for some great RP lately.

Where do I start?!

Lanielle you have involved Telsas in a great plot. Thanks bunches! I have no clue why or how or even what the hell to do, but Thanks bunches and great work.

Linthral . . . a few times in the past has encountered Telsas and debated with intelligence. The last meeting of minds was wonderful and the set up for the stage to be played out with the Palestra has me looking forward to each new turn.

People of the Moonshine Manor. . .
OYI Thanks for letting me drag you in and pushing me out. I never know what is going to happen but I am finding that no matter what it is, It is worth going back for more.

People of the Garden Niche. . .
YOU Know who you are!! Mostly, always willing to listen to her ramblings and help out with spells and give Telsas the support she needed when she could not ask for it.

Liannonuel, I am going to throw you in to for the heck of it. Your ego is big enough that I find it more fun not telling you or anyone else reading this why.

Marclar and his bride. . . Oh my!! That really was . . . fun and threw Telsas for a big loop, Thanks.

I could probably go on with a bunch of names and situations, but I think some things are just best left unsaid.

Thanks again to one and all from a new addict to GS.
One year ends the newbie title right? Getting close !!

Snapp
03-20-2007, 09:49 PM
I moved the current discussion into it's own thread, so we can try to keep this one about "Good roleplayers" and whatnot. :)

Feel free to continue it here:
http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=23926

Rue
03-20-2007, 10:43 PM
Thank you, an extra Cookie for you.