PDA

View Full Version : Poor Gm's

Jenisi
10-13-2003, 01:28 PM
I hate people that take shit too seriously .. I was just flipping around on the offical message boards..

I want to let you all know that Balouga will no longer be sending messangers to remind you of the raffle. It seems no matter what she says, she is always insulting someone and then I get a letter about it. The last e-mail I got accused me of being a child abuser. That pretty much did it.

Tiger

Premuim - "The only way to Fly"

theotherjohn
10-13-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Jenisi
I hate people that take shit too seriously .. I was just flipping around on the offical message boards..

I want to let you all know that Balouga will no longer be sending messangers to remind you of the raffle. It seems no matter what she says, she is always insulting someone and then I get a letter about it. The last e-mail I got accused me of being a child abuser. That pretty much did it.

Tiger

Premuim - "The only way to Fly"

So instead of changing her ways and not insulting Paying customers she will just stop sending out messages.

Yup makes sense to me

Skirmisher
10-13-2003, 01:40 PM
I dunno, she seems to try to be very considerate when I see her .

It's all those "paying customers" who tend to rude and aggresive as hell towards her more often than not.

Parkbandit
10-13-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by theotherjohn

So instead of changing her ways and not insulting Paying customers she will just stop sending out messages.

Yup makes sense to me

Was it that she did something wrong that needed changing?

If anyone has a capture of the latest messenger message... I for one would like to see.

theotherjohn
10-13-2003, 01:58 PM
I should have done more research before responding to this thread.

Jenisi is posting stuff from the Four winds folder that is over a month old. If she would have continued reading she would have seen that after several ass kissing posts Tigermist agreed to continue messages

Adhara
10-13-2003, 02:08 PM
I was gonna say, I don't know about this but I do know that about 2 days ago a new premie contest was posted where you are to "design Balouga's raffle message."

Jenisi
10-13-2003, 03:16 PM
I don't need to continue reading!! um.. yeah ok just delete this whole thread.

Tsa`ah
10-13-2003, 04:16 PM
No need to delete!

It was a very good point.

There are so many people in GS that complain at the drop of a hat and it only causes frustration with the GMs that actually try. Tigermist, I feel, is one the few GMs that are there for the customer 100%. With all the BS complaints and bitching going on, the staff has become desensitized to legitimate complaints.

This bleeds over into in-game events in the end. Think about it. Would you want to bring in an NPC merchant if you knew that half of your interactions with players were going to be frivolous bitching?

GS4Gurl
10-13-2003, 05:04 PM
The thing is. Tigermist RP's Balouga as having a rather blunt and sometimes rude personality. Balouga is kind of an impatient character. That's all well and fine, but you must be prepared for people to roleplay their reaction to that. Like with RPing a mean or evil character. There are "good" characters who will want to put the "evil" one in their place so to speak.

I think sending her emails how she roleplays her character is totally immature, though. I've never seen Balouga abuse any children. Why? There aren't any children in GS! That's just dumb.

Askip
10-13-2003, 08:11 PM
<< after several ass kissing posts Tigermist agreed to continue messages >>

Another day where no good deed goes unpunished.

Methais
10-13-2003, 10:15 PM
What was the messaging that pissed everyone off? I'm not even Premium and I know that she RPs Balouga as a bitch and a half. These people that raise hell over it and take it all personal need to have their heads checked and quit being such fucking pussies.

[Edited on 10-14-2003 by Methais]

Soulpieced
10-14-2003, 12:30 AM
Simple solution, don't chase merchants.

Askip
10-14-2003, 09:47 AM
<< What was the messaging that pissed everyone off? >>

I do not have the exact message, but it was something about a young waif being the crier, and the player complaining about 'child abuse' was in a high level hunting area when the waif arrived. Pure silliness.

GemstoneFan
10-14-2003, 03:39 PM
Ok that's just insanely stupid. I've hunted rough areas and got a good chuckle when a "waif" pops in to tell me something, and I might mutter something about wow, he must be a really stout waif to run out here.

Someone actually reporting for that? That's just asanine.

HarmNone
10-14-2003, 05:43 PM
In my opinion, it is not only insane for some idiot to email a complaint about the waif, it is equally insane for Tigermist to react to the email with anything other than a sniff of disdain.

I might have been tempted to send a return email suggesting that the complainer take a long walk off a short bridge, but I doubt I would have bothered. To let yourself get lathered up over idiots is just silly.

HarmNone

Bestatte
10-15-2003, 08:59 AM
Though proclaiming that the GM is a "child abuser" is silly...

I would offer this thought:

How in hell is it conducive to *realistic* RP to have a young waif in a high-tier hunting area? In fact, how realistic (in a fantasy setting), is it for a young waif "town crier" to be anywhere outside town?

Why not just send an OOC system message saying "Balouga's around"?

People in hunting areas, RP-wise, have no way of knowing that a merchant is in town square, or outside Hearthstone, or whatever. Unless they hear about it over the amunet, the knowledge of such things is strictly OOC knowledge, and should be treated that way, and not turned into some silly asinine pseudo-IC "town crier" bullshit.

In one game I've played when something was going on that wasn't scheduled, that the GM wanted everyone to know right away - for whatever reason, we'd all see a system message: There Is News.

And we'd all type NEWS to see what the message was, and respond - or not - accordingly. Of course, NEWS in that game didn't consist of 200 different news items dating back 6 years, that one had to break down by category and search for. It was the "Message of the Day," that usually just stayed up there for a week at a time with daily changes as needed.

In the current game I play, if it's an in-character thing that affected the entire world, we'd get an in-character echo - such as:

>A sudden shudder causes the ground to rumble, while screams can be heard from the south.

That's in one area. In another area..you might see..

>Flames rise from a tower to the west as shards of stone explode into the air.

Something like this might be the return of the dragon, which -would- have a world-wide effect.

But anything that only affected certain clans/organizations (comparing to premium vs. basic), it would just be a system message, so the people involved would know. Something like...

[global send from someone] The northlands RPT has been postponed til next week.

I'd much rather have OOC knowledge of game things be dealt with in an OOC manner than trying to excuse a poorly executed IC message.

Caramia
10-15-2003, 03:44 PM
I have to disagree, Roberta. I think Tigermist's messages are often amusing and appreciate a good chuckle now and then. It's not going to bust up the game that much if you have a moment of levity now and then.

I'd rather have the GMs respond from time to time with their unique sense of humor than be in a staid environment.

Weedmage Princess
10-15-2003, 06:23 PM
While the e-mail was out of line, I'm not a Tigermist fan, at all. She sucks...and reacting like that to an email? Like Harm None said...gimme a break. She's a GM. While it would be nice if you could please the world, you can't. No one can. Her reaction to that email was just as juvenile as the email to begin with. Grow the hell up, Tigermist. :thumbsdown:

[Edited on 10-15-2003 by Weedmage Princess]

CrystalTears
10-15-2003, 06:29 PM
I'm sure while being a GM they get tons of emails all the time, especially merchants. I'm sure even most of them they are able to shrug them off with a chuckle. I've seen how people are just on the boards when merchants don't go along with what they were expecting, how harsh they can be.

However all people, no matter how good or strong they are, have a breaking point, and I'm sure that was hers. That is probably why after some thought, reflection, and player responses, she changed her mind.

A person has the right to have feelings regardless of the source and take it to heart at least once in a while. She's only human. So yes, I take offense to people calling her juvenile for her actions. Not everyone can be completely level-headed 24/7, especially with the job that they are taking. And it's also not fair to tell people to not do it anymore. She does her job very well, as do other GMs like Khaladon whom has also snapped when people consistantly whine no matter how hard they try.

[Edited on 10/15/2003 by CrystalTears]

HarmNone
10-15-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by CrystalTears
I'm sure while being a GM they get tons of emails all the time, especially merchants. I'm sure even most of them they are able to shrug them off with a chuckle. I've seen how people are just on the boards when merchants don't go along with what they were expecting, how harsh they can be.

However all people, no matter how good or strong they are, have a breaking point, and I'm sure that was hers. That is probably why after some thought, reflection, and player responses, she changed her mind.

A person has the right to have feelings regardless of the source and take it to heart at least once in a while. She's only human. So yes, I take offense to people calling her juvenile for her actions. Not everyone can be completely level-headed 24/7, especially with the job that they are taking. And it's also not fair to tell people to not do it anymore. She does her job very well, as do other GMs like Khaladon whom has also snapped when people consistantly whine no matter how hard they try.

[Edited on 10/15/2003 by CrystalTears]

Of course people have a right to their feelings. However, I still stand by what I said.

If you are going to be a GM (This is NOT mandatory. You could just be a player. These people CHOSE to be GMs.) you had best realize what you are in for. You are working for people. People are notoriously hard to please. In this case, people who are not pleased do not even have to face you to insult you. They can insult you all but anonymously!

If that kind of thing is going to get to you, a GM is not something you want to be. All of the GMs need to be able to put their hurt feelings in their back pockets and go on. Never, never, NEVER LET 'EM SEE YOU CRY! If you do, you can bet your bippy that you will be undergoing more insults in the very near future...just for the fun of it. :P

HarmNone remembers how Bradach took the insults he received after the Feithidmor disaster. Bradach should give lessons.

Weedmage Princess
10-15-2003, 07:47 PM
I remember the Feithidmor storyline!! I enjoyed it very much!!!

As far as people reaching their breaking point...I understand people get angry, stressed, etc. We're all human, however I have a *real* problem with people throwing bitch fits and taking it out on everyone else. You got a problem with someone, someone upset you? Hey, that's fine. You deal with *them*. Her little fit talking about how she wasn't going to send messages anymore because of what one person said? C'mon now...again, gimme a break. Also, it would be one thing if it happened say..once in a great while. This isn't unusual behavior for her, however. She can be quite the little whine-artist. Suck it up.

You know, I have a complaint. How about she friggin shows up for the events she plans? Or if she can't make it, atleast have the decency to SAY she can't make it instead of having groups gather and wait for her ONLY to find out AN HOUR PLUS AFTER THE FRIGGIN FACT that she ISNT showing up?! Oh and again, that wasn't a "one time" situation, either.

She's a real piece of work, that Tigermist.