PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer 40k? Anyone play?

AbnInfamy
12-17-2005, 04:37 AM
I'm thinking about taking up the table top game when I get home. Got some questions for any players.

I've seen people make weapons with plastic putty and stuff, do they make up the stats for those weapons, or is it in a book and they're allowed to design what they look like?

When making terrain models, you can just make one and dictate what areas are grass, forest, dense vegetation, etc? Then can you make different scenarios, like make a huge hill and make the scenario to have the marines survive a tyrnian assault?

Overall fun is it worthwhile? I've enjoyed AD&D, Shadowrun, En Nomine, and Battlelords in the past.

I'm interested in a lot of the building terrain aspects because the wife would actually want to help me and build crap.

Sylvan Dreams
12-17-2005, 04:43 AM
I don't play...but depending on your area, you can actually make some money building terrain for people. That was really the only interest that I had in the game.

Terminator X
12-17-2005, 04:50 AM
Woah, hold on.

People still play this game/figurines are still made? Holy shit

Terminator X
12-17-2005, 04:50 AM
I haven't played since the lascanon was invented, so...

StrayRogue
12-17-2005, 10:11 AM
I played this when I was about 10. When it wasn't a kid's game.

Skeeter
12-17-2005, 11:04 AM
Haven't played in years, but, your models can only have approved weapons. and you can only use the weapons that are represented on your model. So the people who are putty building weapons, are just changing from like a bolter to a lasgun.

Also, you can pretty much design any scenario, and any terrain you want. wide open there.

Hakonne
12-17-2005, 11:08 AM
Perhaps slightly off-topic, but many of the books were great, and I want to hire some of the artists to do work for the tabletop game I wrote. Love the detailing.

Hak

P.S. If any of you are artists, feel free to send me a sample. Game is epic fantasy genre.