PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having issues?

nocturnix
12-16-2005, 12:45 PM
I dont know whats going on, if theres work being done or what but...

The forums are really screwy lately. Every now and then I get a "Database error" just clicking on any link within the forums. I will reload, or try and go back and it stays like that for a minute or two. Then the forums are back and everything is fine.

Also I am getting time-outs too. I'll click a link and it just sits there trying to load the page for a while eventually giving the default "cannot load page" screen.

I'm guessing these are server/database issues.

Anyone else experiencing these issues? Anyone at PC looking into this?

Skeeter
12-16-2005, 12:46 PM
Yes I've been getting a lot of timeouts.

I've also had trouble seeing a lot of the pictures posted.

Asha
12-16-2005, 12:48 PM
90 percent of my posts don't make it, when I try.
Lucky PC.

nocturnix
12-16-2005, 12:48 PM
I just posted and now I cant see the post, It was there a minute ago, now its not...hmm.

CrystalTears
12-16-2005, 01:35 PM
Yeah. It hasn't been pretty. We've brought this up and hopefully Kranar can look into it soon.

Augie
12-16-2005, 01:57 PM
Yeah I've been having the same issues. Then I saw one error that said that said somethin regarding the number of logins allowed was over the limit. Really screwy. :shrug:

longshot
12-16-2005, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Nevermind

Sounds like we should work on the remaining 10%, eh?

HarmNone
12-16-2005, 05:11 PM
Kranar is away at the moment, and will be for the next week, or so. I've eliminated the ability for guests to view the boards. I'm hoping this will help some. We'll have to see if it does.

Trinitis
12-16-2005, 05:11 PM
The main issue is the size of the PC readership, yet again. The old server just ignored the amount of processing power the PC absorbed, untill it started effecting other websites on that server. Then they asked us to pay more money, or find a new home.

This new home, it appears, just dumps the processess when it gets to high, thus causing the website to error out for a short time, then work again as normal. The "ping-pong" effect we seem to be getting with the errors, in my opinion, is matching how long it takes for all the members to notice the site is back up, and cram up the server again.

We're working on some small efforts to "band-aid" the issue, but basicly we can't do anything untill changes are made to PC (ie scripts, language used, etc).

imported_Kranar
12-16-2005, 05:14 PM
I just got note of this problem.

I unfortunately have no time to fix it for another week or two, so until then the forums will likely be restricted to only viewers who are logged in.

When I get back I will see what is causing the problem.

Tisket
12-16-2005, 06:49 PM
Damn, no more looking at the Guests and wondering who they are.

HarmNone
12-16-2005, 06:50 PM
Heh. Sorry to take the mystery out of your life, Tisket. ;)

Latrinsorm
12-16-2005, 06:57 PM
Uh, but if we get logged out, how do we then log back in?

HarmNone
12-16-2005, 07:05 PM
Theoretically, if you're a member, you should be able to log in as you have always done.

Gan
12-20-2005, 10:35 AM
Database connection error!!!
A connection to the Database could not be established.
Please check your username, password, database name and host.
Also make sure config.php is rightly configured!

When connecting, the database returned:
Error 1203: User gsplayer_Kranar has already more than 'max_user_connections' active connections

THIS SHIT IS GETTING OLD. I'm getting this error every 4th screen as I browse this morning. :(

Terminator X
12-20-2005, 10:37 AM
Right about now, these forums are reminding me of the time Strong Bad's Compy 486 caught the virus :weird:

Nieninque
12-20-2005, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by longshot

Originally posted by Nevermind

Sounds like we should work on the remaining 10%, eh?

<3

HarmNone
12-20-2005, 01:17 PM
I haven't had any problems with access today. I have, at times, on previous days, but not today.

CrystalTears
12-20-2005, 01:21 PM
Then you haven't been around much. :P

Gan
12-20-2005, 01:23 PM
Its calmed down now. Earlier it was horrid. I was copying all my posts so I could come back and re paste and re post when I get kicked off.

I'm wondering if this new server we're on is looking at total traffic on the server instead of just with our boards and then dropping overages as they apply. Or if this is even an actuality or if I'm just talking out of my ass. :shrug:

Latrinsorm
12-20-2005, 01:43 PM
All I can say is there's no way 30 people should be causing a max user error when we've had over 200 people (before guests) logged on simultaneously.

HarmNone
12-20-2005, 01:45 PM
Hee! I was around for a short time very early this morning, and have been in on and off since. So far, no problems, but...who knows?

Leetahkin
12-20-2005, 01:54 PM
This is the same problem(s) I spoke about before but was told I didn't know what I was talking about.

I am still getting max user errors today, last one happened a moment ago.

Miss X
12-20-2005, 01:54 PM
Ive had a ton of problems with it today. Also had problems seeing icons and pictures and certain threads have been fucking up. Fun.

CrystalTears
12-20-2005, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Leetahkin
This is the same problem(s) I spoke about before but was told I didn't know what I was talking about.

I am still getting max user errors today, last one happened a moment ago.

What do you care? You're leaving the PC anyway.

Alfster
12-20-2005, 02:12 PM
Hah, CT wins so hard.

Leetahkin
12-20-2005, 02:13 PM
:lol:

Way to be a troll! You really DON'T deserve to be a MOD with your attitude and trolling.

To answer your question, I find it funny that I complain about the same things others now are, yet I was told it was because I didn't know how to use a computer. Some people are so short-sighted.

Alfster
12-20-2005, 02:14 PM
:stupid:

CrystalTears
12-20-2005, 02:23 PM
What you were complaining about and doing at the time had nothing to do with the PC's issues. But since you're too stupid to understand it then, no point in going over it now.

I don't really care what you think of my mod status. If I was so horrible, I would actually do something to your posts. But since I could never be impartial when it came to you, I never edited/deleted anything in regards to anything involving you. So put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Don't like me for how I post as a person, but as a mod I've been fucking stupendous when it came to dealing with your wolf cries.

For everyone else who plans to stay with the PC, yes it currently has issues. Be patient with it, eventually it will get cleared up.

HarmNone
12-20-2005, 02:25 PM
Open my mouth and the defecation hits the air circulation system. I just got the delightful "max users" message. At least, I don't feel left out now. ;)

Leetahkin
12-20-2005, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by CrystalTears
What you were complaining about and doing at the time had nothing to do with the PC's issues. But since you're too stupid to understand it then, no point in going over it now.

I don't really care what you think of my mod status. If I was so horrible, I would actually do something to your posts. But since I could never be impartial when it came to you, I never edited/deleted anything in regards to anything involving you. So put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Don't like me for how I post as a person, but as a mod I've been fucking stupendous when it came to dealing with your wolf cries.

For everyone else who plans to stay with the PC, yes it currently has issues. Be patient with it, eventually it will get cleared up.

You are so fucking stupid, it's unbelievable. The complaints in this thread were voiced by me weeks ago. Yet I was told that the errors were on my side, dealing with what I was doing. Which was bullshit. Now that others have since come forward and said the same, well... it has to be true because such-and-such has the problem!

Oh yeah, you just said two different things: You did nothing in regards to anything I've ever posted, yet you've been "stupendous" with dealing with my wolf cries.

Go stick your ass out in front of someone elses face for them to kiss. You won't be getting it from here.

CrystalTears
12-20-2005, 02:41 PM
It's gonna be a long week.

Miss X
12-20-2005, 02:42 PM
You need to calm down, honestly, the smartass remarks are best kept to yourself. As was said, you are no longer going to be posting here so the status of the boards is really of no interest to you.

As for the complaints about CT.. Luckily, you have no say in who is on staff. I voted on having CT back on staff because she is someone who genuinely cares about what happens here and you are truly a fool not to notice that.

The funny thing is... You can bet your life CT doesn't give a shit about your opinion because she knows that she is a highly valued member of our team and we love her. You are just another one of those who couldn't hack it, created a scene about leaving, yet insists on not going anywhere. Get a fucking grip woman.

Gan
12-20-2005, 02:42 PM
You mean we have a week to put up with his attention craving shit?

CrystalTears
12-20-2005, 02:44 PM
Yeah. Apparently she quit today but isn't in effect until Saturday. As though she works here and giving us notice or something.

Miss X
12-20-2005, 02:46 PM
We should make that a new rule. Anyone who wishes to quit posting must give at least a weeks notice so that we may mourn the loss. We should also hold a minutes silence once the week is up, to mark the tragedy. :lol:

Leetahkin
12-20-2005, 02:47 PM
Quite frankly, if I want to say that the boards are still messing up while I am trying to do some things before leaving, I have every right to do so, Miss X.

Excuse me for not having that fuzzy feeling about some people on staff. They are human, and people can like/dislike them at their own chosing.

As far as not hacking it, I find myself at an advantage over some who have tried and tried to leave here and just can't do it. They can't walk away from here because they are too dependent on it. I no longer am. :)

CrystalTears
12-20-2005, 02:54 PM
Quite frankly, if I want to say that the boards are still messing up while I am trying to do some things before leaving...

Like packing up your files and desk? No that's not right. Calling your clients that you're leaving? Ooo.. DING! Winner! OMG please.

As far as not hacking it, I find myself at an advantage over some who have tried and tried to leave here and just can't do it. They can't walk away from here because they are too dependent on it. I no longer am.

:coughsbullshit: This is your third attempt at quitting. Good luck.

Leetahkin
12-20-2005, 02:58 PM
Dearest CT-

You are still stupid, as you don't know how to count. Go back to grade school.

~Leetahkin

Alfster
12-20-2005, 03:00 PM
shit, 4 times.

You missed one CT.

CrystalTears
12-20-2005, 03:03 PM
OMG sorry. :lol:

Leetahkin
12-20-2005, 03:03 PM
To stay on topic since even the MODs feel like derailing this, there's huge hang times when trying to access a thread on the main page. Usually it will time out and throw up an error page. I have received the max user error as well as the other error page that I don't have on-hand at the moment. I've posted it in another thread.

Alfster
12-20-2005, 03:05 PM
I've posted it in another thread.

You sure you didn't delete it by accident?

Leetahkin
12-20-2005, 03:10 PM
Bug Reports, PC Loading:

Just read Kranar's response above, which explains why I've been having a ton of trouble lately with the website. I wrote a response in a thread, hit Post Reply, and it was lost to the Internet Black Hole.

Got this message:

Database connection error!!!
A connection to the Database could not be established.
Please check your username, password, database name and host.
Also make sure config.php is rightly configured!

When connecting, the database returned:
Error 1203: User gsplayer_Kranar has already more than 'max_user_connections' active connections

Now back to trying to remember what I wrote in the post, and rewrite it. :banghead:

Oh yeah, and got "cannot find server error" 3 times before being able to get back to this thread.

Brattt8525
12-20-2005, 03:23 PM
Good god just leave, or are you this into abuse and looking like an ass. While I may not exactly love CT as a person she does a great job at being a MOD so STFU.

As to the BS about some around here not being able to leave here because they are so "dependent" on a fucking internet board.....please I don't think anyone here is dependent on this board for their existence.

You must like drama as you keep bringing it on yourself, you keep going out of your way to prod CT and others. Just click the x in the upper right hand conrner because as you said you don't "need" this place.

Sean of the Thread
12-20-2005, 03:26 PM
alt-f4 fixes it for me.

Also Nobody Cares the issues you voiced before are not one in the same. You fucking retard.

<---also not having any issues with PC but I'm a 1337 webcam haxxorer so I know the tricks of the trade.

Latrinsorm
12-20-2005, 03:30 PM
For now thoughts of CT ass can tide me over the White Screens of Failure, but surely they won't do so forever. Obviously the solution is for CT to post some revealing pics.

Do it for the good of the boards, CT. :yes:

CrystalTears
12-20-2005, 03:31 PM
Dear Lying Liar,

The post you just quoted was the last post in a thread that you did not start, nor did anyone deny that was occuring.

When you were told that you're full of excrement was when you were backpeddling the issue about a post you deleted.

If you are so disliked, and people are so against you, and the PC is so horrible to work with, and you're so above those that can quit and stay away, then set the example and do what you say and leave the boards the day you decide to quit.

kthxbubyenowgo,
~CT

Latrin must be this ass kisser that I always bend for. :rolleyes: Here babes. :moon2:

[Edited on 12/20/2005 by CrystalTears]

Gan
12-20-2005, 03:52 PM
Tip to combat losing what you write...

Leave cursor in reply box. Hit ctl+A (select all) then hit ctl+c (copy) then hit post.

If you lose the post, you'll still have your reply on the clipboard. Once you do manage to get a screen back up, you can put your cursor back into the text box and hit ctl+V (paste) and voila! Your words have reappeared.

Rinse and repeat if necessary.

Sean of the Thread
12-20-2005, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Ganalon
Tip to combat losing what you write...

Leave cursor in reply box. Hit ctl+A (select all) then hit ctl+c (copy) then hit post.

If you lose the post, you'll still have your reply on the clipboard. Once you do manage to get a screen back up, you can put your cursor back into the text box and hit ctl+V (paste) and voila! Your words have reappeared.

Rinse and repeat if necessary.

SHHH don't tell the liberals our skull ring secrets.

Gan
12-20-2005, 04:02 PM
Are you kidding? I want to see more idiotic posts from Leeechakid so the entertainment can continue.

Skirmisher
12-20-2005, 04:35 PM
Yeah, i've been doing the copy just before i hit the post thing for some time now also.

Juuuust in case.
:whistle:

Trinitis
12-20-2005, 05:17 PM
Congrats, you're being effected by the error everyone else is. Also a hearty congrats on being the first person to bitch about it. I figure, most everyone else *lived* with the issues for a bit before speaking up, thus you appear to be the first person that experienced the issues.

What do you want? A medal? Mark of honor? Perhaps a pat on the back?

Maybe you should just stop bitching about a known issue, and allow time for the issues to be fixed. If it's taking us too long to fix the issues, and the disruptions are causing you too much frustration, you could always pay to have the PC placed onto it's own webserver.

Gan
12-23-2005, 11:27 AM
Getting the Database error a lot this morning. It seems to be worse in the mornings. Are we sharing server space/traffic with another site that has high traffic in the AM and we're getting the kickback of max users because of their traffic?

[Edited on 12-23-2005 by Ganalon]

HarmNone
12-23-2005, 11:34 AM
I really don't know the answer to that question, Ganalon. I, too, notice more difficulties in the morning, however. As Kranar has said, he's going to look into it as soon as he returns and try to fix whatever is causing the problem. In the meantime, I'm afraid we'll all just have to be patient. Since that is not one of my shining virtues, I'm grinding my teeth just like the rest of you. ;)

Gan
12-23-2005, 11:48 AM
The Id in me never waits.

Id.... childlike.... cId... kId.

yes, the KId in me never waits.

:spaz: