PDA

View Full Version : Nice vulturing

Fraidycat
10-12-2003, 04:36 PM
Have a look at this . . .

Zahelara removes a kelyn-tipped myklian scale lockpick from in her steel lockpick case.
>
Zahelara settles into the difficult task of picking the lock on a dented brass chest.
Zahelara gasps in surprise as a stream of fire shoots forth from the chest! She is savagely immolated by the flames! As the flames surround her head, her skin begins to melt under the intense heat! As you stand there dazed, Zahelara's eyes reach the boiling point and burst open, spraying sizzling vitreous fluid all over you! Zahelara falls to her knees and releases a pitiful moan before collapsing into a smoldering heap on the ground.

* Zahelara drops dead at your feet!

The brilliant luminescence fades from around Zahelara.
>'nice
You softly say, "nice"
>
Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.
>
>
Joschi says, "well, that to that theme"
>
Klaser meditates over Zahelara.
Klaser takes Zahelara's head damage.
>
Klaser takes Zahelara's neck damage.
>
Klaser takes Zahelara's right arm damage.
>
Vampd just arrived.
>
Klaser takes Zahelara's left arm damage.
>
Klaser takes Zahelara's right hand damage.
>
Klaser takes Zahelara's left hand damage.
>
Klaser takes Zahelara's chest damage.
>
Vampd asks, "can anyone bless?"
Klaser takes Zahelara's abdomen damage.
>
Klaser takes Zahelara's back damage.
>
Klaser takes Zahelara's nervous system damage.
>
Klaser takes Zahelara's right leg damage.
>
Klaser takes Zahelara's left leg damage.
>
A cloud of dense silvery fog suddenly appears. The fog quickly dissipates to reveal Chandani.
Chandani smiles as she deftly steers her broom out of the silver mist and down towards the ground. Gripping her broom tightly, Chandani hovers a moment as she steadies herself, before coming to a complete stop and gracefully dismounting the broom.
Vampd grins.
>
Klaser takes Zahelara's left eye damage.
You feel less drained.
>
Klaser takes Zahelara's right eye damage.
>
Chandani tightens her grip on her straw broom.
>
Chandani idly picks at an old straw broom with arcane runes of flight scorched into its gnarled oak handle.
>
You hear the ghostly voice of Zahelara darkly say, "That was a first for me"
>
Chandani glances about with concern on her face.
>
Chandani leans on her broom.
Inthar rubs Zahelara.
>
Joschi says, "at least Klaser is happy"
>sigh
You sigh.
>roll eye
You roll your eyes.
>
Inthar raises a hand while murmuring a soft orison..

Betheny
10-12-2003, 04:38 PM
I hate empaths.

HarmNone
10-12-2003, 04:40 PM
Well, by this log, we do not know if Klaser whispered to the corpse, or not. However, the corpse does not appear to have objected to being healed by Klaser; at least, not aloud. Vulturing? Not proven here.

HarmNone

theotherjohn
10-12-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Fraidycat

Chandani smiles as she deftly steers her broom out of the silver mist and down towards the ground. Gripping her broom tightly, Chandani hovers a moment as she steadies herself, before coming to a complete stop and gracefully dismounting the broom.

I hate empaths also but I hate people who smile more than anything:mad:

Snapp
10-12-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by HarmNone
Well, by this log, we do not know if Klaser whispered to the corpse, or not. However, the corpse does not appear to have objected to being healed by Klaser; at least, not aloud. Vulturing? Not proven here.

HarmNone

Klaser ALWAYS vultures.. so I'm sure he was doing it again.

Fraidycat
10-12-2003, 04:44 PM
Ok vulturing it isnt . . .
Still be my friend though right ?

Betheny
10-12-2003, 04:46 PM
I'll have to remember to befriend klaser cold.

Vesi
10-12-2003, 04:56 PM

That is what bothers me in this log.

As pointed out above, we really don't know if he was vulturing or not. However, I've never seen anyone with the ability to fly around on a broom in Gemstone.

Vesi

Betheny
10-12-2003, 05:22 PM
She's not even a 'witch'...

HarmNone
10-12-2003, 05:29 PM
Ok vulturing it isnt . . .
Still be my friend though right ?

Heh. I do not know if those wounds were vultured, or not. The log simply does not prove anything, friend. ;) Perhaps Klaser would like to tell us if he bothered to ask the corpse if it wished to be healed.

One thing is sure. It is good to see Chandani back in the lands. What was missed here was the opportunity to see her heal. It is surely a sight to behold!

HarmNone remembers Chandani fondly

Artha
10-12-2003, 05:31 PM
What's she do, chant 'Bubble bubble, toil and trouble, you are healed, on the double'?

HarmNone
10-12-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Vesi

As pointed out above, we really don't know if he was vulturing or not. However, I've never seen anyone with the ability to fly around on a broom in Gemstone.

Vesi

Chandani's broom is very special. Next time you see her, ask her about it. I think you might be pleasantly surprised, and you just might make a wonderful friend. :)

HarmNone makes a suggestion

HarmNone
10-12-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Artha
What's she do, chant 'Bubble bubble, toil and trouble, you are healed, on the double'?

Oh, no, Artha. Nothing so crass as that. Just watch for her. It is worth the trouble, if she still heals as she once did.

HarmNone

Snapp
10-12-2003, 05:45 PM
I remember Chandani from a while ago, she was pretty fun. At least she makes an effort at RP, unlike most empaths.

theotherjohn
10-12-2003, 05:53 PM

Chandani's broom is very special. Next time you see her, ask her about it. I think you might be pleasantly surprised, and you just might make a wonderful friend. :)

yup ask her if she is such a good roleplayer why she must abuse the smile verb.

I hate her, moondia and all the other clones.

Freakin cant stand to go into silvergate to chat with Eugene and those walking herb bundles be in there

Betheny
10-12-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by theotherjohn
Freakin cant stand to go into silvergate to chat with Eugene and those walking herb bundles be in there

Do you be a pirate?!

ARR!

Vesi
10-12-2003, 06:27 PM

Vesi

I think I have seen her and I appreciate all attempts at roleplay. I might even ask her about that broom next time. I am all for making new friends. However, if she insists she can fly (and not just pretending to fly... or even playing someone that is delusional and thinks they are flying) her flying is no different than the character that thought they were a kobold. It's just not possible. (even though they can pretend to think they are a kobold) I just can't agree that using the smile verb in that manner is right. There is no silver mist. She is not flying.

Chandani smiles as she comes running in tightly holding her broom pretending that she is flying. (or some such) That would be acceptable. I'm not trying to nitpick. I just think that she's abusing the smile verb in this instance.

Oh, if she had one of those charms that you can hover with, then she could use that for hovering. That wouldn't be so bad. Get rid of the mist though and make sure you actually use the charm.

Vesi

Edited to add the charm comment.

[Edited on 10-12-2003 by Vesi]

HarmNone
10-12-2003, 06:37 PM
Oh, do not get me wrong. I did not always agree with all of Chandani's roleplay. I do, however, recognize the importance of effort, and her character always put effort into everything she did.

Is Chandani perfectly roleplayed? No. Is she a thousand times more enjoyable than the average character in Elanthia? Absolutely. Is she worlds above the "Fear me! My AS is 637! I am teh roXor!"? Oh, hell, yes!

HarmNone does not do leet speak

Vesi
10-12-2003, 06:42 PM
Oh, do not get me wrong. I did not always agree with all of Chandani's roleplay. I do, however, recognize the importance of effort, and her character always put effort into everything she did.

Is Chandani perfectly roleplayed? No. Is she a thousand times more enjoyable than the average character in Elanthia? Absolutely. Is she worlds above the "Fear me! My AS is 637! I am teh roXor!"? Oh, hell, yes!

I completely agree with this. I try not to condemn anyone that tries to roleplay. Oh, and don't even get me started on the AS, DS, kewl people!

I remember when I first started, I would use the smile verb to have smoke surround my bardess when I logged out. I did stop doing that though.<grin>

Vesi

Scott
10-12-2003, 06:46 PM

Hearing this from HarmNone was probably the most amusing said today.....

She may not speak "leet" but she sure can speak "drunk."

HarmNone
10-12-2003, 06:56 PM
I remember when I first started, I would use the smile verb to have smoke surround my bardess when I logged out. I did stop doing that though.<grin>

Vesi

You know, there are ways to use the smile verb to do things that are not supported by mechanics, but are not harmful in themselves. In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with it.

For instance: Say you would like to have a little pet that lives in your cloak, like a chipmunk, or something. You could do so, using the smile verb. Just be sure to have the creature pop out, do its thing, and pop back in again. That way, there is not the glaring error of someone who might "look" at you not seeing the chipmunk.

It is the same as making a list on a piece of parchment that you do not have. As long as you are sure to put pen and parchment away after the list is complete, you are not seen with a "look" as not holding the parchment and pen.

Personally, I see no problem with using the smile verb to attain certain capabilities, as long as you are careful to maintain an appearance that will hold up to game mechanics. I would not opt for Chandani's broom, as I think it is a step too far; however, I am not rabid for reality in a fantasy game, either. ;)

HarmNone is talkative tonight :D

Snapp
10-12-2003, 07:52 PM
Just adding that, actually there was a mist.. she fogged in right before she did the "broom" incident, so there was "silvery fog." ;) I do understand what you're saying though about the use of the smile verb.

HarmNone
10-12-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Snapp
Just adding that, actually there was a mist.. she fogged in right before she did the "broom" incident, so there was "silvery fog." ;) I do understand what you're saying though about the use of the smile verb.

Yep. Chandani always pays excellent attention to detail, like including the silver fog that the game messaging mentions into her scenario. You may not agree with all of her methods, but most can recognize the sincere effort she puts into her character.

HarmNone

Tendarian
10-12-2003, 08:11 PM
I only met Chandani once and it was with my young empath. She helped me with questions i had in whispers and encouraged me to heal what i could and then took them from me and healed what i couldnt. It was fantastic that an older empath took me under her wing and it made me feel comfortable healing once in a while where as before i always just hunted.

HarmNone
10-12-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Tendarian
I only met Chandani once and it was with my young empath. She helped me with questions i had in whispers and encouraged me to heal what i could and then took them from me and healed what i couldnt. It was fantastic that an older empath took me under her wing and it made me feel comfortable healing once in a while where as before i always just hunted.

Yes, Tendarian. Chandani was one of a very small group of wonderful, caring empaths who took time with the young, took time with their "patients", and made the game enjoyable for themselves and those around them. It is good to see that all have not departed the Lands. :)

HarmNone

Miss X
10-12-2003, 08:21 PM
I remember when I first saw here, I was so impressed by the way she heals, and the way she acts. I guess My empath is still kind of in awe of her.
Vx

Snapp
10-12-2003, 08:23 PM
Speaking of great old empaths, anyone know what happened to Jypsie? I haven't seen her around in a while.. when I firsted started as an empath, I remember her teaching me so much.

HarmNone
10-12-2003, 08:29 PM
Last I recall hearing, Jypsie's player had a lot going on in real-life, and was very busy. I do hope she is still around from time to time. :)

HarmNone remembers Jypsie fondly, as well

GS4Gurl
10-13-2003, 05:18 PM
Heh a few years ago I had a character that I tried to rp as being a witch. I actually had a broom, but it couldn't really fly so I used the act verb AND the smile verb to make it fly. I even put the broom into my cloak after I had landed. I would get it back out to get on it again. It was really fun but alas..

A GM sent me a [SEND] telling me that the broom cannot fly so I musn't pretend that it can. I insisted I was only RPing. Isn't that what we are supposed to do here? The GM said sure but the broom cannot fly so please do not act like it can. I was like Okay, WHATEVER. Then I sold the broom and lost interest in that character and deleted it. So I am surprised Chandani is able to get away with it. I've never seen this person in action with her "broom". If I ever do I would tell her what happened to me.

Parkbandit
10-13-2003, 05:42 PM
I wasn't aware that Chandani was still in the game.

Before you all condemn her for one log entry.. go watch her in action. I'm sure she will make most of us look like roleplaying hacks and amateurs. My empath used to love to watch her work.

Caramia
10-13-2003, 06:55 PM
Moondia's smiles and acts make me nuts sometimes. I'll often leave the room if she shows up. She has her smile or act of the day or she makes up a new one, and then is so in love with it, she repeats it every moment she can - for days! How many times can I watch her hair get tangled on her weapon and her eyes well up with tears? Or scroll me with her tarot cards?

StrayRogue
10-13-2003, 06:57 PM
Moodia is a quality RPer, someone I miss interacting with.

Kurili
10-13-2003, 07:00 PM
Moondia's hair was getting tangled in her weapon three, four years ago. She hasnt torn it all out yet?

Acolyte Kurili

StrayRogue
10-13-2003, 07:01 PM
Its because its so long! As someone with long hair, she has my TOTAL sympathy.

Beastabana
10-16-2003, 11:01 AM
Who says she cant fly on her broom?

Who makes up these 'rules' anyhow?

This is a FANTASY GAME folks, it can be whatever you want it to be.

We have races that dont really exist, magic, critters...all kinds of things that are not realistic.

Thats the whole point!

StrayRogue
10-16-2003, 11:05 AM
I agree, I liked the way she did it.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
10-16-2003, 11:17 AM
Chandani kicks ass. I like her very much.

Edaarin
10-16-2003, 11:33 AM
The only thing that really annoys me in terms of RP is Mytmo's accent. Must all halflings have a damn speech impediment!

Suppa Hobbit Mage
10-16-2003, 11:52 AM
Give me a viable way to drop it rp wise, and I will ;p I've done it for so long I'm tired of it myself

CrystalTears
10-16-2003, 02:42 PM
I don't mind Chandani, and her healing is a nice touch, a difference from other regular empaths. However sitting in a room with her healing, watching her do the same acts with every patient over and over again can get bothersome after a while, but I don't blame her for that, so I don't linger there long. However the whole flying on the broom thing I could do without. Yes this is a magical land, but until there really ARE flying brooms, don't try to make your items do something that they can't.

Moondia and her sister cleric with the whole pulling hair on the sword hilt thing is about the same thing. Once in a while is cute. Everytime she says hello or goodbye to someone makes me wish she would just stop and try something else.

But hey, they're roleplaying and that's a good thing. Sad that you have to applaud when people roleplay.

Parkbandit
10-16-2003, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage
Give me a viable way to drop it rp wise, and I will ;p I've done it for so long I'm tired of it myself

How about if Warclaidhm kills Mytmo?

Oh wait.. that already happened. :lol:

Parkbandit
10-16-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Edaarin
The only thing that really annoys me in terms of RP is Mytmo's accent. Must all halflings have a damn speech impediment!

Heh.. I have a halfling character who's speech is enough to drive ME crazy.

Caramia
10-16-2003, 04:06 PM
Who says she cant fly on her broom?

Because when I look at her I see:
You see Chandani
<add in scrolls of features and health stuff here>
She holds a broom in her left hand...

And I don't see:
You see Chandani.
She is flying overhead while seated on a broom.

She can RP it all she wants in smiles and acts, but until I actually see her (or anyone else) fly -- whatever.

I feel the same way about people who think they are vampires, undead, part-feline, and on and on.

peam
10-16-2003, 04:08 PM
Mechanics abuse, however elegant, is still mechanics abuse.

GS4Gurl
10-16-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by peam
Mechanics abuse, however elegant, is still mechanics abuse.

Yep and if someone reports her she'll most likely have to stop the broom "flying".

Myrianna
10-16-2003, 07:41 PM
Ok... who sent them to the trace??

Klaser meditates over Eyben.
Klaser takes all of Eyben's blood loss.
>
Wunlot asks, "Empath please for some healing?"
>
You kneel down.
>
Omens says, "well quit , your not there babysitter"
>
>You nod to Wunlot.
>Klaser meditates over Wunlot.
Klaser takes Wunlot's back damage.
>
Klaser meditates over Wunlot.
Klaser takes Wunlot's right hand damage.
>
Klaser takes Wunlot's head damage.
>Klaser meditates over Wunlot.
Klaser takes Wunlot's chest damage.
>
You meditate over Wunlot.
Nothing happens.
>
Klaser takes Wunlot's left leg damage.
>You glance at Klaser.
>
You are now speaking Guild Speak.
>
>You softly say in guild speak, "that was rude"
>
Klaser murmurs a simple, mystical chant...
Klaser concentrates.
Klaser's chest looks better.
>
Terrangel says, "healing please"
>
>You nod to Terrangel.

>You meditate over Terrangel.
Terrangel's left leg damage is transferred to you.
>
Wunlot rubs his chin thoughtfully.
>
>You concentrate while murmuring the simple, mystical chant for Limb Repair...
Your spell is ready.
>
You gesture.
Your right arm feels better.
Roundtime: 2 sec.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
(Forcing stance down to guarded)
Qahaar blinks at Omens.
>
Wunlot ponders.
>
>
Klaser concentrates.
Klaser's right leg looks better.
>You concentrate while murmuring the simple, mystical chant for Limb Repair...
Your spell is ready.
>Omens points at Klaser.
>
You gesture.
Your left arm feels better.
Roundtime: 2 sec.
>
>You softly say, "thankee hun"
>You concentrate while murmuring the simple, mystical chant for Organ Repair...
Your spell is ready.
>
You gesture.
Your back feels better.
Roundtime: 13 sec.
>
Klaser traces a sign while petitioning the spirits for cognition...
>
Klaser gestures at Omens.
A dim aura surrounds Omens.
>
>Klaser concentrates.
Klaser's right leg looks better.
>You concentrate while murmuring the simple, mystical chant for Organ Repair...
Your spell is ready.
>
You gesture.
Your left eye feels better.
Roundtime: 13 sec.
Wunlot whispers, "Sorry about that. That guy is rude."
>Klaser murmurs a simple, mystical chant...
>
Klaser concentrates.
Klaser's left leg looks better.
You giggle at Wunlot.
>
>You quietly whisper to Wunlot, "no kidding"
>:?:

Hulkein
10-16-2003, 07:48 PM
What was wrong? The guy asked for healing and Klaser obliged.. He started healing at the same time you nodded, he easilly could have missed it.

Myrianna
10-16-2003, 07:51 PM
Even Wunlot agreed that what he did was wrong, in fact, Wunlot said it to me, I hadn't said a thing to him... and in the Trace, we acknowledge people before we heal them, it is customary.

Hulkein
10-16-2003, 07:52 PM
Well you glanced at him and said something in guild speak, I'm sure he can put 2 and 2 together and figure out you were annoyed.. I'm not an empath, but I think posting a complaint there is just being petty.

Klaser is from the Landing, he probably doesn't follow the Trace practices for healing.

[Edited on 10-16-2003 by Hulkein]

Myrianna
10-16-2003, 07:53 PM
Considering this thread was started over Klaser vulturing, I find it relevant.

CrystalTears
10-16-2003, 07:54 PM
The thing is that empaths are **trying** to encourage others to nod first then heal, as a courtesy to everyone around them. The landing is practically the only town that doesn't encourage or even enforce it as much as the other towns. At this point they expect it. So to just start healing without so much as nodding first is just rude, especially to continue after someone has already nodded. Even if he missed it at first, he could have stopped and apologized.

I haven't gone to Teras in years, but when I went there as an empath, I was lectured and yelled at for weeks in order to heal the right way before I was accepted as a healer on Teras. That really showed me how to really heal, especially after learning at the swap (wound) meet in the landing.

Hulkein
10-16-2003, 07:55 PM
Yeah I guess it's relevant, just kind of reaching in my POV. Again, I've never been an empath, so don't mind me. =)

CrystalTears
10-16-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Hulkein
Klaser is from the Landing, he probably doesn't follow the Trace practices for healing.

He should have asked first then how the customs are, and it's also a way to let all the other empaths know he is there. It's just rude to travel around and expect everything to work it in your fashion and it doesn't work that way.

Myrianna
10-16-2003, 07:57 PM
Yes, if you try to nod before healing in the landing, they're fixed before you're done. Proof you need to learn the ways of where you choose to practice your profession.

Myrianna
10-16-2003, 10:52 PM
Yeah, what she said...

Dark Glory
10-19-2003, 05:46 PM
Earlier today I was hunting with another guy and the guy fell. No sooner had I cast LK on him when Naseer fogs in, grabs the two of us and fogs back to Voln. Within a second of arriving, Tiktok asks the corpse if he may take his wounds, Naseer links to the corpse, and raises him. Not a single word was said. We never even said we wanted to be brought back to Voln, much less that he should raise when I, a cleric, was there and perfectly capable. Ugh.

Kurili
10-19-2003, 05:57 PM
Dark Glory, remember, and tell your friend, that the dead person can unlink if a Cleric links to them against their wishes.

Acolyte Kurili

Adhara
10-19-2003, 07:36 PM
Yes I remember this being discussed in a previous thread. The unfortunate thing is that most people who don't play a cleric don't know about unlink. What's even more unfortunate is that often enough, those vulturing clerics cast immediately after linking, giving the patient only 15 seconds to unlink. I don't know about you guys but when I die I get lots of IMs. Even if my screen is in the back, I could be concentrating on an IM window for a few seconds and oops, my chance to unlink is gone.

Most unfortunate of all is perhaps the fact that a lot of people don't care who raises them as long as they are alive asap. I know the argument "when you're bleeding you don't care what doctor heals you... you just don't want to die." I disagree with this but oh well... Dead people however, don't get any more dead. They can take a few seconds of their time to speak up and say "hey I had a cleric right there helping me thank you very much." It saddens me to see that those people do not speak up. This reaction might not be akin to condoning vulturing but it makes the vulture's life easier.

If they don't care who raises them, they probably won't care that their silence is not discouraging vulturing. But the clerics with a sense of etiquette watching will care and might not be as quick to respond when next they hear said person's death cry.

Adhara
10-20-2003, 10:30 AM
Hopefully the empath will learn from this lesson when she cools down and can think more clearly.

Hey I am an optimist...

Drew2
10-20-2003, 02:25 PM
Deschaiyn just arrived, dragging the body of Hedi behind him.
>
Sabastord makes a quick gesture while calling upon the powers of the elements...
>
Sabastord gestures.
>
Deschaiyn points at Hedi.
>
Deschaiyn says, "got a dead one"
>
Deschaiyn grins.
>
Sabastord makes a quick gesture while calling upon the powers of the elements...
>
Sabastord gestures.
>
You feel more refreshed.
>
Deschaiyn says, "be more careful man"
>
Oguo says in guild speak, "need healin"
>
Deschaiyn says, "he needs lk"
>
Deschaiyn points at Hedi.
>
You remove a white flask from in your kelyn-threaded rucksack.
>
Deschaiyn just went north.
>
Sabastord just marched away moving south.
You come out of hiding.
You force Hedi's mouth open, and pour in a small amount from your white flask.
A luminescent web briefly forms around Hedi, then fades into the body.
That was the last drop.
>
You hear the ghostly voice of Hedi say, "I'll try."
Mulos's group just arrived.
>
You drop a white flask.
>
You hear the ghostly voice of Hedi say, "Thanks Tayre."
>
Mulos rubs a crystal amulet.
Mulos gets an odd look on his face.
>
Mulos kneels down and begins to meditate.
>
Tazelhoffe picks up a white flask.
>
Tazelhoffe drops a white flask.
>
The appearance of great calm leaves Mulos as he looks up and glances around.

>
Tazelhoffe just opened a grey suede bag clasped with a blue-black raven feather.
>
Mulos asks something in guild speak.

Tazelhoffe just closed a grey suede bag clasped with a blue-black raven feather.
>
You see Hedi Hedican the Hoodlum.
He appears to be a Half-Elf Pariah from Ta'Faendryl.
He appears to be wizened with age and tall. He has blue eyes and fair skin. He has short, black hair. He has a small goatee.
He appears to be DEAD!
He has some minor cuts and bruises on his right arm, a fractured and bleeding left hand, minor cuts and bruises on his chest, and minor bruises on his neck.
He has a mangled right arm.
He is holding a short-hafted black vultite hatchet in his right hand and a small black vultite target shield in his left hand.
He is wearing a black leather climbing pack, a sleek black oiled leather cloak, a gold ring, some double leather, an etched mithril alloy thigh-sheath, a crystal amulet, a large sack, and some scorched leather gloves.
>
You quietly whisper to Hedi, "healing?"
>
Oguo meditates over Hedi.
Oguo takes Hedi's chest damage.
>
Oguo takes Hedi's right arm damage.
>
Oguo takes Hedi's left hand damage.
>
Oguo takes Hedi's neck damage.
>

>
Tazelhoffe faces Oguo, closes his eyes and begins chanting. Suddenly, a small bolt of energy arcs between them!

Tazelhoffe opens his eyes, looking slightly drained.
>
Tazelhoffe ducks his head.
>
Kaegen removes a veniom-hilted black rolaren warsword from in his leather sheath.
>
Oguo murmurs a simple, mystical chant...
>
Oguo gestures.
Oguo's neck looks better.
>
You feel more refreshed.
>
The ghost of Hedi whispers, "well oguo never even asked, but i thanks for the offer"

DIE, VULTURES. FUCKING DIE!!

Drew2
10-20-2003, 02:35 PM
Haha it was funny... in the heat of things the other night.. when Myrefalcon was beyond pissed with me.. Roelaren (mega vulture) was ambush healing over and over and finally Myrefalcon bound her and I was like YES. Then he ripped her a new one for being an ambush healer and such and I was agreeing and telling her the same thing. Needless to say, she scampered away with her tail between her legs. It was funny.

Wezas
10-20-2003, 02:36 PM
I think you were a bit harsh there.

First of all, it looks like he made an attempt, albiet a bad one, of asking.

Oguo says in guild speak, "need healin"

Wrong language, but it looks like he was considering it before you.

Secondly, Vulturing would have been healing as soon as they're dragged in, or healing when someone else had already started healing.

You need to concentrate on people like Angelilly, and leave empaths like this alone. Did he ask the person if they'd like healing? No. Were they dead? Yes. Did anyone else openly ask if the dead person wanted healing? No.

I don't know if this was the landing or icemule or wherever, but it's obvious you wern't the only empath there.

Drew2
10-20-2003, 02:38 PM
The point is, he had no permission from the body, the body had not openly asked, yet he healed anyway. I initiated actual contact with the body first, regardless of what he DID first.

Myrianna
10-20-2003, 02:40 PM
I'll have to agree with Daina, he's not trying to be rude, he's just honestly ignorant. Just talk to him Tayre, or I will later, either way, I really think he just doesn't know better.

Wezas
10-20-2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Tayre
The point is, he had no permission from the body, the body had not openly asked, yet he healed anyway. I initiated actual contact with the body first, regardless of what he DID first.

Rude? Possibly.
Not extremely Thoughtful? Yes.
DIE, VULTURES. FUCKING DIE!!? No.

Drew2
10-20-2003, 02:47 PM
True, he's not the extreme. But I don't like it either way.

Parkbandit
10-20-2003, 02:50 PM
I find the fights that empaths and clerics get into amusing and fun to watch.

Heck, I rolled up an empath and cleric JUST so I could listen to the guild talk bitch sessions.

Parkbandit
10-20-2003, 02:51 PM
True, he's not the extreme. But I don't like it either way.

Or, perhaps the real reason you are upset is because you lost out on the experience you would have gained? :roll:

Wezas
10-20-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit
Or, perhaps the real reason you are upset is because you lost out on the experience you would have gained? :roll:

I wasn't going to say it.

Drew2
10-20-2003, 02:58 PM
She's right. On an empty mind, that might make me fresh and clear. Maybe.

But I got my small revenge!!

Oguo whispers, "im going take your abs ok?"
>
Kaeros smiles.
>
Kaeros yawns.
>prep 1105
You concentrate while murmuring the simple, mystical chant for Organ Repair...
Your spell is ready.
>cure ab
Your abdomen feels better.
Cast Roundtime 3 seconds.
>prep 1114
You concentrate while murmuring the simple, mystical chant for Organ Scar Repair...
Your spell is ready.
cure
>You concentrate.
Your abdomen feels better.
Roundtime: 29 sec.
Cast Roundtime 3 seconds.
>
The forlorn abbess traces a symbol of blessing in the air, smiling slightly.
>
Oguo whispers, "nm"

Wezas
10-20-2003, 03:00 PM
She's right. On an empty mind, that might make me fresh and clear. Maybe.

But I got my small revenge!!

:: Insert hypocritical vulturing session ::

Well it's good to know you don't have to sink down to his lev.... oh, you did. nm

Drew2
10-20-2003, 03:01 PM
LOL OMG I VULTURED MY OWN WOUNDS!!! AHHH!!!

GemstoneFan
10-20-2003, 03:01 PM
That moron's been script healing in TC the last week or two..... no bedside manner whatsoever.

Speaking of shitty healers...... tell me Warclaidhealer isn't Warfuckhm -- its been in landing script healing away, the annoying bastard. I'm in the mood to bind its arse to the ground.

Drew2
10-20-2003, 03:02 PM
That is my other beef with Oguo. He script heals. All day. He made level 10 in like a week just from sucking everything that moved dry of its wounds. It's sad. Like Maimara's bunny.

Wezas
10-20-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by GemstoneFan
That moron's been script healing in TC the last week or two..... no bedside manner whatsoever.

Speaking of shitty healers...... tell me Warclaidhealer isn't Warfuckhm -- its been in landing script healing away, the annoying bastard. I'm in the mood to bind its arse to the ground.

No, it's Xcal, been covered in one of these other threads.