PDA

View Full Version : Familiar Gate Question

SpunGirl
12-11-2005, 04:15 PM
I'm having a HELL of a time trying to find a spot to cast a familiar gate to/from in Solhaven. I tried on Lornon Court (in various spots) to cast one into the Ebondrift neighborhood with no luck (you are not able to make a link bla bla). I also can't seem to cast one into my house despite having all my privacy settings off.

What am I doing wrong?

-K

The Ponzzz
12-11-2005, 04:21 PM
Can't do it into homes, neighborhoods or player shop areas if I remember correctly. Everywhere else is free though...

SpunGirl
12-11-2005, 06:32 PM
This is driving me INSANE. I'm trying to cast a familiar gate TO here:

[Solhaven, Eastbridge Lane]
Eastbridge rises to span the Vornavis Canal to the north, and a dark-paved court parallels the canal as it runs toward Vornavis' West Wall. South of the Lane, a low granite building stands well back from the road between paired conifers. You also see a sleek narrow-winged falcon that is flying around and a small path.
Obvious paths: north, east, south

From here:

[Solhaven, Bayside Road]
Bayside Road either begins or ends here on the north bank of the Vornavis Canal, depending on whether you're heading northeast or south, and gulls hover constantly, scanning the pavement and the waters for anything edible. South of here Baron's Bridge arcs over the canal, tying North 'Haven to South and rising high enough to let galleys and barges pass beneath on their way to and from the docks beneath Vornavis. A deserted quay juts into the water of the bay to the northwest. You also see an arched gate.
Obvious paths: northeast, south, northwest

I also tried from a few adjacent rooms, like Charl's Quay and the like. WTMF?!?!?

> prep 930
You trace a series of glowing runes while chanting the phrase for Familiar Gate...
Your spell is ready.
> cast
You gesture.
Something seems to be preventing a link with your familiar.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

HELP

-K

Askip
12-11-2005, 06:33 PM
When I hunted the area I parked a familiar outside the bridge to town. Solhaven seemed hard if not impossible to gate into back then, but it may have changed.

:D

Marl
12-11-2005, 06:33 PM
I dont know much about gate...but, is because where your character is and not your familiar?

SpunGirl
12-11-2005, 06:35 PM
Isn't that the point of the gate? The wizard stepping through the gate will close it, and you gate TO your familiar from the spot where the wizard casts the spell. I mean, you can go both ways through the portal, but....

-K

EDITED TO SAY YOU CANNOT GO BOTH WAYS THROUGH THE PORTAL. MF!!!!

[Edited on 12-11-2005 by SpunGirl]

Marl
12-11-2005, 06:39 PM
didnt know if certain places/rooms didnt allow you to gate, like certain areas dont let you call a familiar

SpunGirl
12-11-2005, 06:47 PM
Yeah, so this is retarded. I can gate INTO some places I can't gate OUT of, etc etc. Thank goodness I don't play a freakin' wizard full time.

-K

Suppa Hobbit Mage
12-11-2005, 06:51 PM
It's because Solhaven sucks.

You can gate FROM most places btw... but not into all. Like a table for instance, you can gate out of, but not into.

Brattt8525
12-11-2005, 09:22 PM
In town you can only gate/fog from from the plaza and the other room I believe is one south of the main market where everyone gathers.

Solhaven is by far the stupiest town as foar as fogging gating is concerned.