PDA

View Full Version : Two brother's killed in an hour...

Caiylania
12-09-2005, 08:40 AM
A father was being driven to the scene of his oldest sons fatal car accident, and on the way passes another accident which he finds out only later was the fatal crash of his younger son.

Hard part for father it seems, is he was on the phone with his oldest son when he crashed. Debate on if this contributed to the crash itself.

Original story (http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/373323p-317230c.html)

Nieninque
12-09-2005, 08:41 AM
Using phones while driving is stupid and dangerous.
Harsh way to learn.
Tragic story though.

Atlanteax
12-09-2005, 09:56 AM
Was the father's name "Job" by any chance?

DeV
12-09-2005, 09:57 AM
That is fucked up. I feel for the dad regardless of the factors involved in his sons tragic car accidents.

Do I think talking on the cell phone contributed to the accident? Maybe, but it would make more sense if they were primarily driving at high rates of speed, which would have been the marjor factor in these fatalities.

There is a law against talking on a cell phone while driving in many states, not sure if Kentucky is one of them.

Aaysia
12-09-2005, 10:19 AM
the poor dad.. That's just some really fucked up bad luck. I wouldn't wanna be him right about now.

Augie
12-09-2005, 11:39 AM
That's really sad. I can't even imagine what he must be going through. I mean it's messed up to lose one child that way, but both in the span of an hour? And right before the holidays. Ouch.

Leetahkin
12-09-2005, 11:51 AM
That is really tragic.
I don't recall reading if they were his only children, but it puts the family legacy into perspective.
Very sad.

Skeeter
12-09-2005, 12:18 PM
dude must of had some serious negative karma built up. Makes you wonder.

Sean of the Thread
12-09-2005, 12:20 PM
I cannot fucking stand people on cell phones driving around. Or at least the ones that are obviously too retarded to handle it.

Makkah
12-09-2005, 12:43 PM
Something just strikes me as odd about this article. I was reading it the other day, and it said no trace of alcohol was found yet, etc...

but could the two kids have both been at a party and driving home? It was fairly late...

Call me a cynic, but I'd rather contribute it to that than random chance. Humans don't like things they can't explain.

Sylvan Dreams
12-09-2005, 03:27 PM
Kentucky has no law about driving while talking with cellphones. Most drivers that I see on the road are talking on a phone. There's apparently a law that forbids the use of turn signals, though, as I never see anyone use them aside from myself.

Augie
12-09-2005, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Sylvan Dreams
Kentucky has no law about driving while talking with cellphones. Most drivers that I see on the road are talking on a phone. There's apparently a law that forbids the use of turn signals, though, as I never see anyone use them aside from myself.

I swear they build cars in Florida without signals, or they have ones that just keep the signal on all the time.

There are so many times I'll be driving and someone has their signal on for miles, and you figure they're not gonna come over, and then when you decide it's time to pass them, THEN they swerve into your lane and give you a dirty look. Blech. I hate drivin some days.

Showal
12-09-2005, 05:09 PM
Something along these lines happened in my town a few years ago. A kid was stabbed and killed. The day after, one of the friends of his little brother was driving to their house to drop off some flowers for the mother, hit a patch of black ice or something and flipped the car and he died too. Pretty rough day in this town.

RunR31
12-10-2005, 04:07 AM
that is some of the most fucked up shit I have ever heard. I feel not so bad about my life anymore

Caiylania
12-10-2005, 04:34 AM
That is really sad, Showal. :(

I read an article years ago about a girl who drove home drunk from a party, hit a car killing both passengers inside. Turns out it was her parents, they were on their way to pick her up after a friend called to tell them how plastered she was.

:/ Talk about horrible irony.