PDA

View Full Version : All hunter

Wuxong
12-08-2005, 09:27 PM
I was thinking of fixskilling my rogue to an all hunter rogue.... I was wondering if anyone has a good skill training plan for this.. he is 22nd train and in the guild... I just feel tha my hunting skills are not up to par... should i drop my picking for 3x to 2x or should i just drop the picking all toghether and worry about hunting...... I really just enjoy the hunt...

Jolena
12-08-2005, 09:30 PM
I have a pure hunting rogue and I love it. Never regretted dropping locksmithing to do it either.

Jolena (at level 59), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 120 30
Shield Use.........................| 172 72
Combat Maneuvers...................| 221 121
Edged Weapons......................| 222 122
Ambush.............................| 222 122
Multi Opponent Combat..............| 130 35
Physical Fitness...................| 190 90
Dodging............................| 222 122
Arcane Symbols.....................| 105 25
Magic Item Use.....................| 105 25
Harness Power......................| 10 2
Survival...........................| 120 30
Stalking and Hiding................| 222 122
Perception.........................| 222 122
Climbing...........................| 120 30
Swimming...........................| 120 30
First Aid..........................| 122 31
Training Points: 0 Phy 7 Mnt (332 Mnt converted to Phy)

I'm intermittent training so a few skills are not up at 122 ranks like they should be for my 60th train, but overall that's the basic jist of what I did. :heart: pure hunting rogues.

You are Guild Master of the Rogue Guild.
You are current with your dues and must check in again sometime in the next 23 days.
You currently have 171 ranks out of a possible 297 for your training.

You are a Master of Sweep.

You have 7 ranks in the Subdue skill.
You need 110 training points to earn your next rank.
The Training Administrator told you to try and subdue some creatures.
You have 5 repetitions remaining to complete this task.

You have 25 ranks in the Stun Maneuvers skill.
You need 110 training points to earn your next rank.
The Training Administrator told you to let a footpad shoot arrows at you.
You have 2 repetitions remaining to complete this task.

You have 21 ranks in the Cheap Shot skill.
You need 104 training points to earn your next rank.
The Training Administrator told you to practice templeshot on some creatures.
You have 6 repetitions remaining to complete this task.

You have 60 ranks in the Rogue Gambits skill.
You need 48 training points to earn your next rank.
The Training Administrator told you to get a partner to teach you your latest trick.
You have 15 repetitions remaining to complete this task.

Jolena, your Combat Maneuver training is as follows:

Skill name Mnemonic Ranks
Combat Movement cmovement 2
Shadow Mastery smastery 5
Feint feint 5
Side by Side sidebyside 5
Surge of Strength surge 4

Available Combat Maneuver Training Points: 4

Wuxong
12-08-2005, 09:33 PM
yeah i think i am going to make the change as well...... Thank you Jolena....... it was the push i needed to stop fiddling with lock....

Wuxong
12-08-2005, 09:45 PM
at 22

24 Ranks Armor
24 Ranks Shield
48 Ranks OHE
48 Ranks Ambush
48 Ranks Dodge
48 Ranks Combat Mauners
36 Ranks PT
10 Ranks Arcane Symbol
05 Ranks Harness Power
15 Ranks Climb
15 Ranks Swim
48 Ranks Preception
60 Ranks Stalking and Hide

This is what I ended up with..... Watcha think?

Jolena
12-08-2005, 09:47 PM
Looks good to me.

Wuxong
12-08-2005, 09:49 PM
Thanks again Jolena ... Also wana be my guild mentor.... LMAO... thanks for the help with the rogue.. I will post him doing some damage here soon.....

Jolena
12-08-2005, 09:50 PM
I don't mind helping with guild at all, you just let me know and if I'm freed up, I will help in any way possible.

If you are looking to diversify a bit, you could go to 2x in stalking/hiding and just learn smastery in CMAN skills. That way you free up the points for other things as well.

Artha
12-08-2005, 09:56 PM
I'd drop it to 1 rank of HP and forget about AS and pick up as much FA as possible.

Jolena
12-08-2005, 10:01 PM
Why drop to 1 rank of HP? If he's using it for COL he'll need more then 1 rank, I've learned that from experience.

Also, if you're doing FA for skinning purposes, you might as well alternate between FA and Survival each train since they both contribute to skinning equally but they have different and useful side benefits.

As to AS, I'd personally keep it and add in some more MIU as the trains go by for things such as spell burst and handy imbeds.

mgoddess
12-08-2005, 11:30 PM
One suggestion I'd make (from experience)...drop your stalking & hiding from near-3x to 2x, or at least enough to get your shield up to 1.5-2x. From my experience, the extra stalking/hiding ranks aren't worth it, compared to the extra shield ranks. (This would also probably get you enough TP's to get to 30 ranks of Armor Usage sooner...which is a very good thing, unless you're going past 30 to get into chain/plate....in which case, don't mind me. ;) )

Jolena
12-08-2005, 11:32 PM
Hmm..You know, I used to double shield but James (Stun) and I discussed that with the dodging skills that Jolena has and her shield being a medium, there was really not a benefit worth her doubling in shield, so I stopped training in it until I am at 1x.

Anyone mind explaining to me the added benefit of overtraining in shield ranks when using a medium shield? If it's worth the extra TP's I might just pick it back up.

mgoddess
12-08-2005, 11:37 PM
From my experience, I noticed a drop in DS when dropping from 2x to 1x in shields on my rogue....granted, it was only 10-15 DS, but that was a big drop for her at the time (she was using a medium shield at the time, and 2x's in dodging as well). Pretty much rendered her unhuntable until I could fixskills her. (Yes, I'm a wuss when it comes to DS...don't flame me please!)

Artha
12-08-2005, 11:55 PM
Why drop to 1 rank of HP? If he's using it for COL he'll need more then 1 rank, I've learned that from experience.
They might've changed the mana costs or something, but I remember doing just fine with a rank or two, and I pretty much had all the combat signs going at the same time.

I think the FA/Survival thing is more just personal preference.

StrayRogue
12-08-2005, 11:58 PM
5 ranks of HP does me at level 60. I need more to keep my youngun's signs up.