PDA

View Full Version : GM Question

DeV
01-02-2004, 03:00 PM
Can GM's read conversations that go on at tables? And I know there are alot of players that are close friends with GM's, does that mean they should be spying on players and reporting feedback to another player they are friends with? Has anyone known of GM's doing this? Just wondering...

Trinitis
01-02-2004, 03:02 PM
GM's can see anything going on in any room inside GS. They can teleport (quietly) themselves into any room in the game, while staying completely invisible. They can see, and hear anything, anywhere :P They are creepy!

-Adredrin

Bobmuhthol
01-02-2004, 03:02 PM
GM's have access to anything that goes on within the game. More than once I've been in the same room with an invisible GM and I'll get pulled, then have to explain that the person I called a moron really was a moron.

If you want to be a STEALTHY SPY X-TREME!!, do it. What you shouldn't do is go looking for trouble and have a specific GM side with you.

DeV
01-02-2004, 03:05 PM
Wow, they pulled you in for calling someone a moron. I guess they watch certain players then. It is kinda creepy..

Weedmage Princess
01-02-2004, 03:06 PM
Why DarkelfVoid? Doing things at a table that uh..you dont want anyone to see? :P

Xcalibur
01-02-2004, 03:11 PM
what about lashed rooms?

Trinitis
01-02-2004, 03:14 PM
Yes X, they can see into those as well. They can also see into private homes when the "shades" are closed. They say that they normally opt not too. But I've been busted for using a script to heal down my empath while afk in a private home. (she had just healed down a sulpher trapped rogue).

-Adredrin

Xcalibur
01-02-2004, 03:16 PM
Ok, let me abuse the capslock a bit: HAHAHAHAHAHHAOHAOHAOHAOHAHHIAIHAHIAHHIEHIEHIEHIEIH IHHUHHUEHUHUHUYHUYHUYHYHAUHAHUAHUAHUAHHAHAHAAH

Shame on all that thought cybersexing in gs in lashed room was "safe" :lol:

Bobmuhthol
01-02-2004, 03:16 PM
I was doing a bunch of random ACTs for no reason in a Silvergate room, and a GM was all, "WTF don't abuse the ACT verb." REPORT I am in a latched room. "Oh, sorry, I guess I forgot that I love to look at everyone who walks into the latched rooms hoping for an orgy."

Jonty
01-02-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Xcalibur
what about lashed rooms?

I recall reading something on the ofccial boards from a GM stating that they're not *supposed* to be peeping on people in provate rooms. But if they have reason to suspect that the persons in that room are violating SIMU's TOS (i.e. abusing mechanics), then they have the right to peep in.

- Me

DeV
01-02-2004, 03:19 PM
Why DarkelfVoid? Doing things at a table that uh..you dont want anyone to see?

No.. nothing like that.... ::grin:: nothing I havent done in RL anyway. Just wanted to know...
It was said to me that a GM told a friend of his about something that happened with me and a female character that he dates in game. (No..sex was not involved). I thought tables were private though. I was mistaken.

Trinitis
01-02-2004, 03:20 PM
Yeh, I guess I was fairly well known for healing up major wounds, then skipping off to my private home to use a script to heal down while I got something quick to eat or drink. God knows why I was affecting anyone with that one..but yah, ok.

-Adredrin

Jonty
01-02-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by LordAdredrin
But I've been busted for using a script to heal down my empath while afk in a private home. (she had just healed down a sulpher trapped rogue).

We're not allowed to heal down AFK now? What was your punishment for getting caught?

- Me

Parkbandit
01-02-2004, 03:25 PM
A GM can see anything you type into the game.. be it a whisper, action, thought or spoken word.

Bobmuhthol
01-02-2004, 03:28 PM
<<A GM can see anything you type into the game.. be it a whisper, action, thought or spoken word.>>

Don't forget anything you input into the server. People have gotten SENDs telling them to stop because they typed something like "fuck" and just held down enter.

Trinitis
01-02-2004, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Jonty

But I've been busted for using a script to heal down my empath while afk in a private home. (she had just healed down a sulpher trapped rogue).

We're not allowed to heal down AFK now? What was your punishment for getting caught?

- Me

An offical warning for AFK scripting.

Miss Jade
01-02-2004, 03:47 PM
now i'm confused :?: if there is lats say 2 gms on and they are doing gm stuff how do they know some one is in a latched room getting it on? is there an alarm? ding ding ding people getting it on in silvergate
________
Black cumshot (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/294/cumshot/videos/1)

Bobmuhthol
01-02-2004, 03:48 PM
They look at specific people, specific rooms, etc.

I'm sure they also have some automatic thing where it's like, "Bobmuhthol says," AUTO GOTO BOBMUHTHOL SEE WHAT HE SAID.

Naina
01-02-2004, 03:49 PM
GM's can do GM stuff and have another window open watching any room or person they want. GM's can also acess all that when they are not signed on as their GM char, as long as they're on another char on their GM account. ;)

Trinitis
01-02-2004, 03:50 PM
Don't forget the game logs EVERYTHING.

God, I'd hate to store those log files..hehe.

-Adredrin

Bobmuhthol
01-02-2004, 03:51 PM
<<Don't forget the game logs EVERYTHING.>>

If that were the case, there would be no need for GMs to do the thinking for Simutronics.

That is fallacy.

Trinitis
01-02-2004, 03:53 PM
Not, its really not. I've had them drudge up logs of stuff that happened 20 days in the past and tell me exactly what was said by two or three people in the room via whispers.

-Adredrin

theotherjohn
01-02-2004, 10:42 PM

An offical warning for AFK scripting.

Remind them that you can script any one time activity up to 10 minutes and spend up to 25% of your online time scripting.

Now you know why some people never log out......