PDA

View Full Version : Bows and ds

Sietzer
12-06-2005, 01:46 PM
How do you use a bow without getting killed when you can get spells.I've tried to use a bow but my luck is death.any help?

Kitsun
12-06-2005, 02:05 PM
I'm not quite sure what you asked here so I'll guess what your question is.

Generally, you'll want to use macros or scripts with archery because the commands are damn slow to type out manually each time.

If you're using the Wizard FE just put in a macro for \rget 1 arrow from my quiver\rfire\r

Set another macro to get your arrows with: \rgather arrow\rput arrow in arrow in my quiver\r

If you're not normally generating enough DS, then you'll need to stance dance on top of that.

If you're just starting out your archer, you may want to consider going sword/board for the first few levels so you can have higher DS or generally just an easier time. Or you can consider running messages for a while.

Sietzer
12-06-2005, 02:06 PM
messages what are those?

fallenSaint
12-06-2005, 02:53 PM
He is referring to a NPC character that gives you Experience for running messages around town for them. Couple other non combat oriented manners in which to obtain some learning.

zhelas
12-06-2005, 03:44 PM
Stance dancing and Macros...My archers style is to use a bow but when he started he would carry a heavy crossbow. He would kneel and shoot the heavy crossbow first (+30 to AS helped alot), this would either stun or kill the creature. He would only shoot the crossbow once. He would then swap to his composite bow and finish off the creature. Group hunting helped a lot. My archer still had to carry tons of deeds, he did die alot but still had fun with him.

fallenSaint
12-07-2005, 07:53 AM
There is always sniping as well ... hard to hit what you cannot see.